Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians

Saint Anthony and the Mystery of Rennes-le-Chateȃu: Part 2

Before resuming with Tracy Twyman’s article, I think it is worth saying a few words about Saint Anthony, the Desert Father in order to make more sense of the paintings.​

Who is Saint Anthony? | St. Anthony (stanthonylc.org)

Saint Anthony the Great was born into a wealthy family in upper Egypt about 254 AD. Also known as Anthony of Egypt, Anthony of the Desert, and Anthony the Anchorite, he was a leader among the Desert Fathers, who were Christian monks in the Egyptian desert in the 3rd and 4th centuries AD. The Orthodox Church celebrates his feast on January 17.

The moniker “Father of Monasticism” is misleading, as Christian monasticism was already being practiced in the deserts of Egypt. Ascetics commonly retired to isolated locations on the outskirts of cities. Anthony is notable for being one of the first ascetics to attempt living in the desert proper, completely cut off from civilization. His anchoritic (isolated) lifestyle was remarkably harsher than his predecessors. By the 2nd century there were also famous Christian ascetics, such as Saint Thecla. Saint Anthony decided to follow this tradition and headed out into the alkaline desert region called the Nitra in Latin (Wadi El Natrun today), about 95 km west of Alexandria, some of the most rugged terrain of the Western Desert.

Also note that pagan ascetic hermits and loosely organised cenobitic communities that the Hellenized Jewish philosopher Philo of Alexandria described as the Therapeutae in the first century, were long established in the harsh environments by the Lake Mareotis close to Alexandria, and in other less-accessible regions. Philo understood: for “this class of persons may be met with in many places, for both Greece and barbarian countries want to enjoy whatever is perfectly good.” (Philo, De vita contemplativa, written c. 10)

According to Athanasius, the devil fought St Anthony by afflicting him with boredom, laziness, and the phantoms of women, which he overcame by the power of prayer, providing a theme for Christian art.​

Continuing now with Tracy Twyman’s comments:

“The message of the second parchment also took on an enhanced meaning now that I knew what I did.

The words "Shepherdess - No Temptation; that Poussin and Teniers hold the key" are perhaps the most straightforward aspect of the message. "Shepherdess" and "Poussin", as we know, refer to Poussin's painting,
The Shepherds of Arcadia.

The "key" that Poussin has embedded into this painting is the imagery of the tomb and Arcadia, coupled with the landscape that clearly matches that of Arques, near Rennes-le-Chateau, and of course, the hidden pentagram. So, the painting is telling us that the sacred "Arka", the tomb of a long-lost god [MJF: Isis - the Mother Goddess - the Grail], is located near Arques, and within a pentagram - the mountains of Rennes-le-Chateau - and is the location of Paradise, or Arcadia.

The David Teniers’ painting mentioned by the parchments is assumed by Henry Lincoln to be Saint Anthony and Saint Paul (see image below), the only Teniers painting featuring Saint Anthony which does not show him enduring his famous temptation by demons - thus the words "no temptation." In this painting, the two saints are sitting in front of an altar upon which stands a crucifix and a skull.

The stories of the meeting of Anthony and Paul of Thebes, the raven who brought them bread, Anthony being sent to fetch the cloak given him by "Athanasius the bishop" to bury Paul's body in, and Paul's death before he returned, are among the familiar legends of the Life of Anthony. However, belief in the existence of Paul seems to have existed quite independently of the Life of Anthony.

1656783770626.png

This indicates the nature of the tomb depicted in the Poussin painting (see below).

The image of a skull and a crucifix obviously implies Golgotha, and the fact that the life-size skull dwarfs the miniature crucifix implies the giant skull of Adam after which Golgotha, the location of the Cave of Treasures, was originally named.

The painting shows one saint pointing up towards a descending dove that is carrying the holy host, a representation of the Grail stone.

MJF: There does not appear to be a saint pointing up towards a descending dove in the above work and the bird is probably a raven not a dove. The raven features a few times in the Bible. First, in the story of Noah, where the raven served as Noah’s first attempt to discover dry land, but it would eventually be the dove that became Noah’s way of determining when to leave the Ark. Secondly, in 1 Kings 17:4 it states: - And it shall be, [that] thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there. Third, in Leviticus 11:11-15 it states: - They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. So, Tenier’s painting may be reflecting here the quote from Kings.

However, in occultic terms, the Raven is a symbol of conspiring with the Universe, and all of the magic that it holds. The raven has a penchant for collecting shiny objects, as if they were his tools of divination. The raven is also adept at solving puzzles, as he is known for his intelligence and ability to learn quickly and apply his knowledge to difficult challenges. Hence, could this be an alternative meaning to Tenier’s depiction of a raven bringing bread to the two saints. Is the bird bringing knowledge to solve the puzzle?

Staying with Twyman’s interpretation though, the imagery of a dove (which in Christian iconography usually represents the Holy Ghost but in pagan mythology is often linked to goddesses such as Athena) bringing the Eucharist was also used by Grail story writers such as Wolfram von Eschenbach.

1656783868212.png
Nicolas Poussin’s first painting of Et In Arcadia Ego
MJF: Note the skull on top of the tomb supposedly representing death even in the arcadian paradise’. However, this is Poussin’s first version of the Shepherds of Arcadia – Et in Arcadia Ego - and is not the version Saunière purchased a copy of. However, I think it is right for Twyman to link the image of the skulls depicted in these two artistic works.

1656783952136.png

Parchment 2
What does "Pax 681" mean? I have heard an explanation of it from someone who claims inside knowledge, but since I have no confirmation of this, I will leave it unreported for now.

"By the Cross and this Horse of God" is a little less decipherable. The cross was, like the octopus, an ancient sun symbol dating back to Atlantis, and was also used to denote the pole, or centre-point of the Earth. The horse was a symbol of Poseidon, or Dagon, who was thought to be an incarnation of the Sun, and the Sun was often seen by ancient man as a chariot drawn by celestial horses.

MJF: This point reminds me of the discussion Laura had with the C’s on this issue in the Session dated 31 October 1998:

Q: Okay. Now. This woman with this book "The Horse of God," talks about the shadow of the horse in the Shepherds of Arcadia painting that is evident if you turn it upside down. I know that I dreamed that the painting was a map. In terms of this map, what would be the zero meridian that one would use to place the map? [MJF: The Horse of God is Neptune or Poseidon - he was often depicted as a horse but normally was shown in human form holding a trident – the “Trent”?]

A: There need not be a zero meridian.

Q: Is there any one thing... I doused the picture, and it seemed that the head of the kneeling man with the beard was the important figure. Where, on a map, would one place this head in order to have the other figures in correct alignment?

A: Best to split the image, head-to-head. Vertically.

Q: Split the image and put the same guy head-to-head to his own head?

A: Close.

Could the artist, however, have been pointing to a celestial horse’s head, such as the Horsehead Nebula in the constellation of Orion perhaps, which in my view fits better with the notion of the painting being a star map?

The Horsehead Nebula is located just to the south of Alnitak, the easternmost star of Orion’s Belt, and is part of the much larger Orion molecular cloud complex.

1656784198879.png
Orion's Belt with Alnitak on the left-hand side and the Horsehead Nebula directly below it.
Le Serpent Rouge also makes mention of "divine horsemen of the abyss." Are we talking about the "abyss" of the celestial sea? Or the abyss of the Cave of Treasures?
MJF: For those not aware, Le Serpent Rouge is the name of one of the "Prieuré Documents", being a poem that consists of thirteen stanzas, each dedicated to one of the thirteen houses of the Priory of Sion‘s zodiac system - Le Serpent Rouge may therefore be presenting us with a strange allegory for the Labours of Hercules: one in which there are thirteen trials, and thirteen zodiac houses, instead of the normal twelve.

In her article Le Serpent Rouge Interpreted (see: Le Serpent Rouge Interpreted (bibliotecapleyades.net), Tracy Twyman points out that the authors of the poem are purported to have been Louis Saint-Maxent, Pierre Feugere, and Gaston de Koker, who were all killed shortly after the poem was published. Strange and frightening as this may seem, these men may not have in fact been the authors, for the poem does not appear to be the work of a committee, but rather a single quixotic mystic. Her theory is that the true author of the poem was Jean Cocteau. She states that “One only needs to read Cocteau’s known work, or view his film Orpheus, to recognize the style of writing and the symbolism employed”. Also, it was published just a few years after his death, and it was during Cocteau’s Grand Mastership [of the Priory of Sion] that the publication of “Priory documents” such as this one began.

Assuming that Cocteau was probably the author, and working with the conclusions about Rennes-le-Chateau that Twyman expounded in other Dagobert’s Revenge articles (and in her book The Merovingian Mythos), she claims to be able to understand certain key phrases used within this strange poem. It is her belief that this poem was written from the point of view of someone following the occult clues that have been left by past initiates to discover the sacred tombs beneath Rennes-le-Chateau, and the “Ark” that contains the “Grail stone.” The narrator likens his journey to the symbolic journeys of mythological heroes from numerous ancient legends. Several veiled references are made to Noah/Enoch and his Ark; to the Grail stone and the mysteries it contains; and to the discovery of the tomb of Venus or Isis [in other words the Grail itself].

Her article on the Le Serpent Rouge (Red Serpent) deserves a post all on its own. However, the fact that she connects Jean Cocteau to the poem in very intriguing, given what we have learned of his Rosicrucian connections in earlier posts. I am particularly interested in her statement where she tells us:

Given what we know, we can now look at one of the mysteries surrounding Jean Cocteau, the presumed author of the poem Le Serpent Rouge, with fresh insight. In the mural he created at the Notre Dame de France in London, he signed his name with the mysterious initials “D.D.D.” - a code which has never been explained. But if you consider that “D” is the fourth letter of the alphabet, and then cube the number 4 (4 x 4 x 4, or 4 to the third power), you get 64 - a perfect cube.

… that the Brothers of the BEAUTY of the black woods, escaping the usurpers pursuing them, disseminated while they were fleeing the white Fort.

If the “beauty” is Isis, or Venus, then her “brothers” are the Cainites (descendants of Cain), who literally were her brothers. Also note that there is a woman whose grave, located on the grounds of the church at Rennes-le-Chateau, is very important to the whole mystery, and whose name, “Marie de Blanchefort”, means literally, “Marie of the White Fort.” Clearly her gravestone, and her name, are clues pointing to the grave of Venus, the real “Marie of the White Fort.” [
MJF: The Grail]

Both possibilities seem likely.

We looked at the name “Black Marie” and the meaning of “Blanchefort” earlier in this article, so I won’t dwell on this point further.

We have, of course, looked at Cocteau’s mural in the church of Notre Dame de France in London in an earlier post and noted its overt Rosicrucian symbolism. Apparently, Twyman points out that Cocteau also decorated the ceiling of the church with a spiderweb motif, leading me to recall the Octopus motif on Marie Blanchefort’s second (fake) gravestone. This point about the spiderweb also reminds me of the C’s statement in the
Session dated 4 October 1997:
Q: I have a few questions on the subject of Cassiopaea. On several occasions you have described Cassiopaea or the Cassiopaeans, the unified thought form light beings that transmit through Cassiopaea, as being the 'front line of the universe's system of natural balance.' On another occasion when Roxanne was here, she was asking questions about Isis and you said that Isis was a 'vanguard.' Now, it seems to me that something that is at the front line is also a vanguard - that the definitions are interchangeable, or similar. In reading through all the various myths and legends, it occurs to me that the similarity between the imagery of Queen Cassiopaea and Isis is quite striking. What is the relationship between Queen Cassiopaea, archetypally speaking, and Isis?

A: Subliminal.

Q: It is subliminal? The other thing I noticed about the word 'Isis' is that it can be slightly altered to make 'I Zeus.' And, Perseus can be 'per Zeus' and Persia can be made to say 'per ziu.' One of the oldest etymological roots for the word 'God' is 'ziu' from which we get 'deu.' These all represent the English translation of 'for God,' with Perceval being 'per ziu val' or 'strong for God.' Could you comment on these relationships?

A: Interconnected by trilingual learning curve.

Q: Any further comments?

A: No.

[…..]

Q: In reading the transcripts, I came across a reference to a 'pact' made by a group of STS individuals, and it was called 'Rosteem,' and that this was the origin of the Rosicrucians. In the book 'The Orion Mystery,' it talks about the fact that Giza was formerly known as RosTau, which is 'Rose Cross.' Essentially, I would like to understand the symbology of the Rose affixed to the Cross. It seems to me that the imagery of Jesus nailed to the Cross is actually the Rose affixed to the Cross. How does Jesus relate to the Rose?

A: No, it is from the Rose arose the Cross.

MJF: Could Tracy Twyman be correct here, where she points out that the cross was, like the octopus, an ancient sun symbol dating back to Atlantis, and was also used to denote the pole or centre-point of the Earth.

1656784511248.png
The Atlantis Cross
Q: Oh.... I see...

A: Said the blind man.

Q: Elaborate, please. Are you saying that what I am seeing is not correct?

A: No, mirth!

Q: It is from the Rose that the Cross arose... and, therefore, the cross symbolizes...

A: Ask.

Q: What does the cross symbolize?

A: The symbology is not the issue. It is the effect.

Q: What is the effect of the cross?

A: All that has followed it.

[…]

Q: In the same vein, I have noticed that there are two classes of arachnids. There are scorpions and there are spiders. The zodiac was changed by taking the pincers away from the Scorpion and creating out of them the sign of Libra. This image was one of a woman holding a balance scales, usually blindfolded. This was done within recorded history but was probably formalized through the occult traditions of Kaballa. Now, in trying to figure out who has on what colour hat, if there is such a thing, I have come to a tentative conclusion that the spider, or spinner of webs, is the Rosicrucian encampment, and that the Scorpion represents the seeker of wisdom... because, in fact, the word for Scorpio comes from the same root as that which means to pierce or unveil. Therefore, the Scorpion is also Perseus, per Ziu, or 'for God.' And the Rosicrucians are the 'other,' so to speak. Can you elaborate on this for me? Or comment?

A: What a tangled web we spin, when we must not let you in.

Q: So, the Rose is the Spider?

A: Different objective.

Q: So, the Rose, with its thorns... can you help me with this Rose image... is the Rose the Scorpion?

A: No. Different objective... Rose is a stand-alone symbol.

Q: So, the Rose can be used by either side, is that it?

A: Maybe.”

S
o was it the Rosicrucians of Jean Cocteau that the C’s had in mind when they said: “What a tangled web we spin, when we must not let you in”.

Continuing with Twyman's article again:

"I destroy this demon guardian at midday" may tie into the notion of the cataclysm that destroyed the Golden Age, sometimes represented as the slaying of a dragon.

Midday, as we have seen, has had ritualistic significance in the religious life of man for thousands of years, because it was when the Sun was at its highest point.

The term "blue apples" has been explained by previous authors as an idiom used locally in Southern France to refer to grapes, and therefore, its use in the parchments is a reference to the symbol of the vine, representing the bloodline of Christ. But there is perhaps another level of meaning as well. The Fall from the Garden of Eden was supposedly caused by Eve eating a forbidden fruit, usually depicted as an apple, from the Tree of Life.

Therefore, the apple symbolizes the sin that caused the Fall, and as we have said, we believe that the story of the Fall represents the same historical event as the Deluge. [
Not according to the C’s.]

Although I would not discount Twyman’s theory about the “blue apples” being linked to the fall from grace represented by Eve (the female energy) eating the forbidden fruit (usually depicted as an apple), I am intrigued by her reference to blue apples being an idiomatic expression for grapes in the South of France. I was not aware of this. However, it does make for an interesting link to something the C’s said in the session dated 16 August 1997:

Q: I noticed in Genesis Chapter 33, verse 11, it says that Jacob, who wrestled with the angel the previous night and was on his way to see his brother Esau, who he had tricked into giving up his blessing years before, “gave Esau the blessing”. What was this? The birthright from his father or the blessing Jacob received from the angel?

A: Trampled leaves of wrath.

Q: This is what Jacob gave to Esau?

A: Yes, and what is the "core" meaning there?

Q: I don't know. What is the core meaning?

A: Leaves are of the Tree of Apples, from whence we get the proverbial "grapes of wrath," the Blue Apples incarnate!

Q: Why are these leaves 'trampled?'

A: Removes chlorophyll.

Q: What is the significance of the chlorophyll?

A: When the chlorophyll dies, the autumnal equinox is at hand.

Q: Did this signify something about the autumnal equinox?

A: Discover what the significance is, my Dear!

What are The Grapes of Wrath though? The phrase ''grapes of wrath'' is taken as a biblical allusion, or reference, to the Book of Revelation, passage 14:19-20, which reads: ''So the angel swung his sickle to the earth and gathered the clusters from the vine of the earth and threw them into the great wine press of the wrath of God.''.

The wrath of God is his anger and punishment over the evil that is in the world; this line is a metaphor, or comparison, using grapes and the wine press where the angel is helping God transform the grapes (evil on Earth) into God's wrath, punishment, and justice (wine). Here, wine symbolizes the blood that will come from his wrath.

However, I don’t think this is what the C’s necessarily had in mind here since they tell us that the trampled leaves of wrath are the gift Jacob (Abraham/Moses) gave to Esau in the Bible, which they then link to the “coremeaning. Since they then say that the leaves are from the Tree of Apples, this can be taken as a pun perhaps on the “apple core” (possibly a reference to special DNA or to the Holy Grail itself - which I have linked to the Mother Goddess). In a later session, the C’s linked Jacob’s gift to the Ark of the Covenant, which we later learn was a highly powerful energy cell.

Session dated 2 February 2003:

Q: (L) We have the brother issue to deal with. We have Abraham and his nephew, Lot. Then we have Moses and Aaron, Jacob and Esau, Isaac and Ishmael. Were all of these sets of brothers just different aspects or views on the same stories, a set of singular individuals, whether brothers or not?

A: Pretty much though with added elements from other stories blended in.

Q: (L) Was it a brother/brother relationship as in actual brothers?

A: No. The "brother" relationship was created to legitimize a "false" line of transmission.

Q: (L) So there wasn't a brother, or Aaronic relationship present, assuming any part of that story was true. Is that it?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) One aspect of the variation on the story was that Jacob gave his brother, Esau, the 'blessing' and some 'gift.' Does this reflect an accurate part of the story that Moses, in his form as Jacob, passed something on to someone else’s - something that was important?

Q: (L) Was it Moses/Abraham who was doing this?

Q: (L) Who did he pass it on to?

A: It was finally understood by "Moses" that the danger of the object was greater than the ability of descendants to resist corruption. He handed it over to those who had created it.

Q: (Galahad) Was it STS or STO forces that created it?

A: STS.

Q: (Galahad) So, the Ark was an object created by STS. Did this amount to some sort of realization on Moses' part? Did he start to wake up?

A: Yes. The story of the "contending with the angel" was the significant turning point as well as the moment of return.

However, the blessing Jacob gave to Esau was a completely different matter, since the C’s now link this blessing to a female individual they call Kore, who can be linked back to their earlier “core meaning” clue:

Q: (L) What was the blessing he gave to quote Esau, if giving the object to the "angel" was the event of returning the ark? What was the story there?

A: Two separate events.

Q: (L) So, he returned the ark to the so-called angel. And then, he gave something to someone else. Previously, when I asked about this, you said that what he gave to Esau was "trampled leaves of wrath, the blue apples incarnate," and remarked that I should inquire into the "core meaning."

A: And who was "Kore?"

Q: (L) Was this Abraham's daughter?

A: It was the last living member of the Perseid family.

Q: (L) Was it a male or female?

A: Female.

Q: (L) And how did Abraham come to be in possession of this female?

A: Search the text and you will see.

Well, I have linked Kore to Akhenaten’s daughter, Princess Meritaten or the Biblical Hagar, the Egyptian maid servant to Abraham’s wife Sarah. However, I have also linked her to the goddess Brigid of the Tuatha de Danaan and in so doing established a link between here and other triple goddess deities and to Demeter, Persephone etc, goddesses linked to rituals surrounding the Spring and Autumn Equinoxes (where in the case of the latter, nature starts to die in the shape of leaves losing their chlorophyll.

The C’s go on in that session to say:

Q: After wrestling with the 'angel,' Jacob was renamed 'Israel,' which means 'he will rule as a god.' This tends to make me think that this angel whom Jacob seems to have conjured, did something. What was this being that Jacob wrestled with?

A: Elohim provides the conventional response.

Q: And you have told us about the Elohim. Okay. I will look it up. What did it mean when it said that the 'angel touched him in the hollow of the thigh,' which did something to him. What was meant by the 'hollow of the thigh?'

A: Branch.

Q: You mean genetic? His gonads?

Q: What do you mean?

A: Ponder. If you ponder this, lightbulbs will illuminate.

As regards that last statement, I just wonder whether the C’s may have had this in mind:

1656784971765.png

Continuing with Twyman’s article:

The Flood was God's retribution for the sins of Cain and his descendants, who were unlawfully breeding with the "daughters of men" (or in some versions, the "daughters of Seth.") Also, according to some scholars, Seth and Abel were in fact the same person, which does indeed seem to be the case when the relevant chapters of Genesis are examined. L.A. Waddell believes that the symbol of Eve's apple is tied into this.

That is, they were unlawfully mixing their sacred, royal blood with that of commoners. So, this, then, is the sin that the apple which Eve ate actually represents. And since royal blood is referred to often as "blue blood", it seems to me that the words "blue apples" are referring specifically to the sinful breeding practices that are thought to have led to the Fall/Deluge.

Other details about the parchments stick out as well. For instance, the words "Rex Mundi", meaning "King of the World", are embedded into Parchment One, indicating the Devil, or Cain. Then there are the words "Redis Bles" and "Solis Sacerdotibus" written beside the main message of Parchment One.

The way Henry Lincoln and other authors choose to interpret this, "Redis" means "Rennes", and "Bles" means "corn", which is what wheat was called in Europe and England prior to the discovery of maize, now also called "corn", in the New World. "Bles" ("corn") is also a local idiom for "money" or "treasure", like "bread" is in English.

"Solis" means "solely", and "sacerdotibus" means "initiated."

Lincoln thus reads the message as saying,

"The treasure of Rennes is only for the initiated."

But as we have established, "Redis" also means "return", and wheat ("corn") was also a symbol of Cain, who was thought to be the inventor of the plough, and the first to introduce the crop's cultivation.

In fact, Cain's name actually means "grain." Furthermore, wheat, and the bread that is made from it have been important icons in religious rituals throughout history, ranging from the Greek and Babylonian mysteries to ancient Judaism and modern Christianity.

Catholics celebrate communion by eating a wafer that represents Christ's body, and the ancient Jews had a special "shewbread" that was only administered to the Levitic caste of priests during certain rituals. "Solis" also means "Sun", and "sacerdotibus" specifically means "priesthood."

Thus, "Redis Bles Solis Sacerdotibus" could be translated in any of the following ways:

"Return the corn to the priesthood of the Sun"

"The corn of Rennes is for the priesthood of the Sun"

"The corn of Rennes is only for the priesthood" or

"Return the wheat solely to the priesthood"

We do appear to be on the right track with this interpretation, for the very text into which the code of Parchment One has been inserted is a conglomeration of quotes from three of the Gospels describing a scene in which Jesus and his disciples are walking through a cornfield, eating corn! As The Gospel of Saint Matthew descri
bes it:

"At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungered, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

But he said to them, “Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungered, and they that were with him; How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless”?

But I say to you, that this place is one greater than the temple."

So, this is the "corn" that is "only for the priesthood."

But what lies beneath the symbolism of this story, and what statement is being made by connecting it with the phrase "Redis Bles Solis Sacerdotibus"? Is the parchment's creator saying,

"Return the sacraments of the church (the true church in the tradition of Atlantis) to its rightful priests"?

And what of the last line in the passage from Matthew:

"This place is one greater than the temple"?

If its use in the parchment is a reference to Rennes-le-Chateau, this could mean that Rennes-le-Chateau is a much holier place than the remains of the temple in Jerusalem.

MJF: If so, it might explain what the C’s were trying to indicate by:“The "brother" relationship was created to legitimize a "false" line of transmission; meaning the Abrahamic line rather than the Kore/Perseid line. This would ring even truer if a link can be established between Kore/Hagar and Rennes-le-Chateau. Perhaps this link can be found in the refugees from the Tribe of Benjamin who reputedly settled in the region after their defeat at the Battle of Gibeah - Mary Magdalene herself was supposedly from the Tribe of Benjamin too. Is it possible that Kore/Hagar joined them for a time with the Grail before moving on to Britain/Ireland?

There may even be a message buried in the reference to King David sharing in the shewbread of the priests - a comment on the fact that Christ was seen as both priest and king, a product of the royal line of Judah and the priestly line of Levi.

This may all help explain another curious message which is buried in the text of the second parchment: "Panis ?O Sal" - the Latin words for "bread" and "salt" separated by the Alpha and Omega symbols.

MJF: on the subject of the letters “P” and “S”, the C’s had told Laura to “Look into ancient tongues”. Well, I guess Latin qualifies as an ancient tongue, although they may have meant even older tongues such as Sumerian, Aramaic, Egyptian etc.

Now "sal" could represent "sulfur", which characterizes one of the earliest stages of the alchemical process, while bread could represent the end result of the alchemical process [MJF: the “MFKZT” or white conical bread cakes consumed by Egyptian royalty that were in reality made from white powdered mono-atomic gold – which may have established the later ritual of the Jewish shewbread, eaten by the Levite priests, as mentioned by Twyman.], the Philosopher's Stone, just as the shewbread does in religious rituals.

But why would "Panis" ("bread") be written next to the Alpha symbol, and "Sal" ("salt") be written next to the Omega symbol, if salt is the beginning of the process and bread is the end? Perhaps, as we have theorized earlier in this book, the Alpha and Omega symbols are used by the Priory of Sion to symbolize the world before and after the Flood, or before and after the Fall from the Garden of Eden.

The bread, then, could be seen as a symbol of the Earth's fruitful generation, while the salt represents the infertility of the land experienced after the cataclysm, when the land had been inundated with saline ocean water. Perhaps, then, this is another level of meaning to the abbreviation "P.S." - "Panis Sal."

1656785598577.png

MJF: In Christian teaching Christ is also said to be Alpha (the beginning) and Omega (the end). Bread is obviously used in the Holy Communion wafer and salt is used in the Baptism ceremony.

There is yet another hidden message embedded in Parchment Two as well:

"Areth Adgenes."

MJF: If anybody can come up with a suitable phrase formed from the above anagram, in French or Latin, I would be interested to hear from them.

Henry Lincoln has chosen to recombine these words into "Ad Genesareth", meaning "Towards Genesareth", the latter being a town on the coast of the Sea of Galilee (an inland lake where many New Testament stories took place).

Indeed, the Sea of Galilee is sometimes called "Lake Genesareth."

But since the words were split up in the parchment in a particular way, it seems to us that were meant to look at the meaning of the individual syllables. "Genes" could be short for "Genesis", while "Areth" could be taken to mean "Ararat." The word "genesis" means "beginning" or "generation." "Ararat" means "high holy place", and of course indicates the mount upon which Noah was saved from the Flood.

So, we could recombine the phrase to say "Ad Genes Areth", which would basically mean,

"Towards the high holy place where civilisation was begun, and ultimately saved from annihilation."

The code of Parchment Two is made using a passage from The Gospel of Saint John, Chapter 12, verses 1-7. Shortly after Christ raises Lazarus from the dead, he is having dinner with Mary of Bethany (thought by some to be the same as the Magdalen), Martha, Lazarus, and his disciples.

Mary takes "a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly", and anoints Christ's feet with it, "wiping his feet with her hair."

Judas Iscariot, disgusted at the waste of something so valuable, remarks,

"Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?"

The passage continues:

"This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein. Then said Jesus, Let her alone; against the day of my burial hath she kept this. For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye not have always."

The scene this passage describes is also illustrated in a stained-glass window on the ceiling behind the altar of Sauniere's church. What could its significance be in this context?

I don’t think we have looked at this particular stained-glass window before but there can be no doubt that Saunière had an attachment to Mary Magdalen (think of the Tour Magdalana), so it certainly would fit with his choice of church iconography.
The anointing of Christ's feet by Mary has been described by some authors as the ritual anointing of a king by his bride and queen, which we find perfectly reasonable. But Jesus specifically says that, "against the day of my burial hath she kept this", indicating that it was meant to anoint his dead body before it was placed in the tomb.

Was this tomb in Rennes-le-Chateau?
[MJF: I think the simple answer is no.]

For both articles in full see: Rennes le Château - The Parchments

The 17th January Date

Although I would not agree with all the comments made by the two writers, I must say that their articles are very thought provoking. They have certainly provided some intriguing interpretations of the Parchments, some of which I buy into. However, for me, that image of the amazing light show in the church at Rennes-le-Chȃteau is the most important take-away, The fact that it is only observed in mid-January (around the important date of 17th January) is highly significant.

It was, for example, a significant date for Nicolas Flamel (one of the alchemists connected with the Enclave of Alchemists in the Pyrenees) as Laura noted:​

I had now the prima materia, the first principles, yet not their first preparation, which is a thing most difficult, above all things in the world… Finally, I found that which I desired, which I also knew by the strong scent and odour thereof. Having this, I easily accomplished the Mastery… The fist time that I made projection [transmutation] was upon Mercury, whereof I turned half a pound, or thereabouts, into pure silver, better than that of the Mine, as I mayself assayed, and made others assay many times. This was upon a Monday, the 17th of January about noon, in my home, Perrenelle [his wife] only being present, in the year of the restoring of mankind 1382.”

See: The Grail Quest and The Destiny of Man: Part IX: Alchemy and St. Germain

And the C’s also commented on the date in the Session dated 20 June 1998:

Q: What happened on January 17th?

A: Consult Maya.

Q: But January 17th recurs repeatedly in the alchemical texts...

A: And you may see the connection. Why do you suppose alchemists knew of the secrets brought "to the table" by the Maya/Egyptians?

Q: They constructed a mathematical table of some sort and this fits into that table, is that it? Is that why it reveals a secret?

A: It is a start.

Could the C’s response “It is a start” be linking us back to Flamel’s comment that “This [his first successful alchemical transmutation] was upon a Monday, the 17th of January about noon … in the year of the restoring of mankind 1382”?

The restoring of mankind would seem to be a reference to lifting mankind back up to its previous heights prior to the Deluge rather than to Anno Domini (the year of the Lord). The alchemists were in many ways the proto-scientists of the Middle Ages and Renaissance who would help to re-establish science to the levels it once enjoyed perhaps in ancient Egypt and Sumeria (think here of Paracelsus, Roger Bacon, Sir Francis Bacon, Sir Isaac Newton and the Royal Society). Hence, could the 17th January date be linked with the Deluge? Did the Mayan survivors of the Deluge record this date as the doomsday of Atlantis?

Apparently, there is another church window that puts on an amazing display of light at the time of the Autumn and Spring Equinoxes. That window is to be found in a Knight Templar church located in Spain. It perhaps was known to Abbe Saunière because he frequently visited Spain, especially Girona, a town which had its own connections to the Templars. This church was in fact a medieval hermitage (think of Saint Anthony the Hermit here) and may have had links to the Holy Grail. More on this in my next post.​

Attachments

• 1656784181405.png
    1656784181405.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
It seems that for the Teniers, St Anthony the Hermit was a popular theme. Here is another version of the painting by David Teniers the Younger of St Anthony with St Paul the Hermit, which may better explain the points Tracy Twyman was putting over in her article.

1656787219171.png

If you have the time, you should check out Templar Sanctuaries in North America by William F. Mann (who, by the way, is a member of a Neo-Templar Order). He makes a lot of 'theories' out of the picture above...

-> Templar Sanctuaries in North America: Sacred Bloodlines and Secret Treasures: Mann, William F., Wolter, Scott F.: 9781620555279: Amazon.com: Books

Many have searched for the lost treasure of the Knights Templar, most famously at Oak Island. But what if the treasure wasn’t lost? What if this treasure--necessary to sanctify the Temple of Solomon and create a New Jerusalem--was moved through the centuries and protected by a sacred lineage of guardians, descendants of Prince Henry Sinclair and the Native American tribes who helped him?

Drawing on his access as Grand Archivist of the Knights Templar of Canada and his own role as a descendant of both Sinclair and the Anishinabe/Algonquin tribe, William Mann examines new evidence of the Knights Templar in the New World long before Columbus and their mission to protect the Holy Bloodline of Jesus and Mary Magdalene. He reveals the secret settlements they built as they moved westward across the vast wilderness of North America, evading the European Church and Royal Houses. He explains how the Templars found refuge in the Sacred Medicine Lodges of the Algonquins, whose ceremonies and rituals bear striking resemblance to the initiations of Freemasonry. He reveals the strategic intermarriages that took place between the Natives and the Templars, furthering the Holy Bloodline and continuing the lineage of blood-guardians. The author explores how Sinclair’s journey from Nova Scotia across America also served to reactivate the sacred rose lines of North America through the building of “rose castles” and monuments, including the Newport Tower and the Kensington Rune Stone.

Pinpointing the exact location of the Templar treasure still hidden in North America, the author also reveals the search for Templar sanctuaries to be the chief motivation behind the Lewis and Clark expedition and the murder of Meriwether Lewis.

Traces the movement of the Templars’ secret treasure across North America to where it still resides, protected by a sacred lineage of guardians

• Explains how the Templars found refuge with Native American tribes, intermarrying with the Natives to continue the Holy Bloodline and further the lineage of guardians needed to protect their treasure and secrets

• Reveals new evidence for the existence of Templar settlements and monuments across North America and how these reactivate the continent’s sacred rose lines

• Pinpoints the exact location of the Templar/Holy Bloodline treasure
The above mentioned exact location is somewhere at:
Latitude: 46.302851°
Longitude: -111.785453°

Q: (L) Well, as you know, I have already found the funny connections to the Plain of San Augustin where the purported Roswell crash occurred, closely linked to Magdalena, Socorro, and the similarities of these names to places in Egypt and the Canaries... such as RosTau and Saqqare, and the image of St. Augustine being replaced by St. Anthony in the Grail stories, and the celebratory day being January 17th, which is also the day of Janus, guardian of the door, and Augustus was the named ruler at the time of the purported birth of Jesus, as well the name being of the one who supposedly “created” the church dogma and who attacked the gnostics so vigorously. So, all these names are THERE, but no method of sorting seems to ring a bell in my head... [MJF: I have previously linked the double-headed Roman god Janus with the Baphomet Crystal Skull of the Templars and therefore with the Holy Grail. January 17th is also the day on which Abbé Berenger Sauniere died.]

A: No, not yet, my dear, not yet!!! [MJF: suggesting the resolution of this matter was a long way off at that time.]
Also:
'January 17' = 1 ... 17 = 1 8 -> 'Chai' (think Miles Mathis)

18 = 3x6 = 666 = Sorat (סורת) - the 'daemonium of the Sun'.
-> Sorat – AnthroWiki
-------
'18' is the numerological value of following words in hebrew language (I give here only the english terms):
enmity, hostility
to clean/purge
to obligate/covenant
sinful, sinner, miss, oversight, sin, guilt of sin, to blame, to offer as a sin offering, to absolve, to cleanse, to tempt to sin, to accuse of sin
tribe, dynasty; alive, vigorous, strong, fresh, vitality, resurgence, life, sustenance

(taken from the expanded German (Eschner version) of Crowleys 'Sepher Sephiroth' (published first in Equinox Vol.1 Nr.8)

Reactions: MJF
If you have the time, you should check out Templar Sanctuaries in North America by William F. Mann (who, by the way, is a member of a Neo-Templar Order). He makes a lot of 'theories' out of the picture above...

-> Templar Sanctuaries in North America: Sacred Bloodlines and Secret Treasures: Mann, William F., Wolter, Scott F.: 9781620555279: Amazon.com: Books

The above mentioned exact location is somewhere at:
Latitude: 46.302851°
Longitude: -111.785453°
Thank you for sharing this. Mann's theories are certainly interesting, particularly, as you have pointed out, he seems to take his inspiration from Tenier's painting. I wouldn't mind knowing how he makes these connections from the painting. I think it was you who first suggested that the odd shape formed within the cloak of the kneeling bearded figure in the mirror imaging of Poussin's painting might be the coast of Nova Scotia (Laura thought it might be Derbyshire in England though). Did Tenier's painting give similar pointers to America in Mann's mind?

Many Oak Island researchers have promoted the view that the Templars had contact with the Miꞌkmaq Tribe who controlled Nova Scotia prior to French and British settlement. See: Miꞌkmaq - Wikipedia

They argue this relationship can be demonstrated today by the fact that the Miꞌkmaq's tribal flag has a strong resemblance to that of the Templars.​

1656859543689.png
The idea of the Lost Templar Treasure being hidden somewhere in the United States has been popularised in recent years not only by the Curse of Oak Island TV series but also in films such as National Treasure (2004) starring Nicolas Cage. See: National Treasure (film) - Wikipedia

When I stuck your coordinates in, this is what I came up with:

Globe Icon
8637+4R McMullan, MT, USA
Latitude:46.302851
Longitude:-111.785453
DMS:46º 18' 10.263'' N
111º 47' 7.6308'' W

For Forum members based in the USA, I suggest you get your spades out and start digging folks!

Attachments

• 1656859315179.png
    1656859315179.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 2
Also:
'January 17' = 1 ... 17 = 1 8 -> 'Chai' (think Miles Mathis)

18 = 3x6 = 666 = Sorat (סורת) - the 'daemonium of the Sun'.
-> Sorat – AnthroWiki
-------
'18' is the numerological value of following words in hebrew language (I give here only the english terms):
enmity, hostility
to clean/purge
to obligate/covenant
sinful, sinner, miss, oversight, sin, guilt of sin, to blame, to offer as a sin offering, to absolve, to cleanse, to tempt to sin, to accuse of sin
tribe, dynasty; alive, vigorous, strong, fresh, vitality, resurgence, life, sustenance

(taken from the expanded German (Eschner version) of Crowleys 'Sepher Sephiroth' (published first in Equinox Vol.1 Nr.8)
Again, this makes for an interesting connection. 666 in the Bible is, of course, the Number of the Beast (which the C's have told us is "VISA", suggesting the present power of the Illuminati bankers with their visa debit and credit cards).​

I had further thoughts on the possible occult meaning of the term "Prae Cum", which can, as I pointed out, be linked by slang to male ejaculate. Given the obsession modern occultists like Aleister Crowley had with Egyptian ritual and mysticism, I wonder if the term can also be linked to the strange Egyptian religious practice of ritualistic masturbation based on their belief that "According to ancient Egyptian mythology, the creation of the universe was a result of masturbation by Atum (the god of pre-existence and post-existence)." See: The Culture Where Men Masturbate in Public as an Act of Worship

Perhaps this notion can be extended to supernovae as well, since the explosion of a large red or blue giant star (which might be compared to an ejaculation) will lead to huge gas nebulae (like the 'Horsehead Nebula') being formed, where new stars and planets will emerge in time, providing the chance for new organic life to take root. This idea can also be likened to that of the Phoenix Bird, which cyclically destroys itself by fire in order to start a new life cycle creation process. As the American astronomer Carl Sagan was want to say: "We are the stuff of stars".​

I have never seen this image in any other work on the Mystery of Rennes-le-Château.
There is a very similar one on this page

1656864658262.png

Also, love this one

1656864797677.png

from here

There is a very similar one on this page

View attachment 60488

Also, love this one

View attachment 60489

from here
Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention. They are remarkable images indeed. I appreciate that in France there are probably far more books and articles on Rennes-le-Chateau than in the English speaking world but it was Mark Naples' article that first drew my attention to the phenomenon. I have not seen such images in any English speaking book I have read on Rennes-le-Chateau. I was not aware either that in the south of France grapes are referred to as "blue apples", which makes one think of the grapes of wrath. Bunches of grapes are a common feature in the decoration of many Christian churches in Europe.

I do wonder if Abbe Sauniere may have got the idea from the Templars, since there is meant to be a similar sort of effect seen at the 12th-Century Templar Hermitage of San Bartolomé in north-central Spain. See my next post on this.

The Templar Hermitage at the Heart of the Iberian Peninsula

1656871444772.png
By Nacho Larumbe 6th November 2020

Lying at the foot of dramatic limestone cliffs and caves, the hermitage of San Bartolomé is rich in cryptic Templar symbolism.

The 12th-Century hermitage of San Bartolomé in north-central Spain is a masterpiece of Templar symbolism, a chapel built in an area that has drawn spiritual seekers since the Bronze Age.

Situated equidistantly from the Iberian Peninsula’s easternmost and westernmost points in a remote corner of the Rio del Lobos Canyon, the site has long held significance to local inhabitants and was carefully chosen by the Knights Templars for its spiritual properties. In a nearby limestone cave, Ancient Romans celebrated Mundus Patet (the “festival of the dead”) and prayed to the Cult of the Mother Goddess. Legend has it that in the 1st Century AD, this was also where Bartholomew the Apostle (San Bartolomé) dropped his sword from atop a nearby mountain, declaring wherever the weapon fell to be his home.

The architectural elements of the Knights’ hermitage purposefully reflect this rich religious past. Carved motifs pay homage to Roman deities such as the god Janus, guardian of the gates and transitions. At the heart of the chapel, beneath a statue of the Virgin Mary, a carved Flower of Life symbol is perfectly illuminated on the winter solstice through a rosette-shaped window to the east.

N.B. I have not been able to track down an image of this particular light display but if someone else can, please feel free to post it on the thread.

1656871516654.png

You will notice that the window comprises five heart shapes and a central pentagram. This is a clear display of the Templar secret gnostic knowledge. It is my understanding that the figure of the heart is the Templars’ code for the Holy Grail.

1656871581583.png

Constructed in a fusion of Romanesque and early Gothic styles, San Bartolomé lies 4km from the Castle of Ucero*. This citadel was built on a fortress in the same period as the hermitage of San Bartolomé, leading experts to think the surrounding area was likely a hotbed of Templar activity. Remarkably, some historians even believe that the chapel’s interior columns may hint to the assumed location of the fabled Ark of the Covenant in Ethiopia. The canyon, which is dotted with numerous limestone caves at the base, provides a wonderful defensive position for those holding the high ground.

*Was this the 'Grail Castle' Wolfram von Eschenbach spoke of?

For many it is even a magical place; considered to be the centre of the world for the Knights Templar order. Thus, the distance from the hermitage to Cap de Creus in Girona and Cap de Toruiñán or Finisterre in A Coruña is equidistant. To this we must add that by drawing a vertical line from north to south, crossed at this point, the peninsula is divided into two halves. The drawing shown is a Templar cross.

However, one Spanish researcher who has studied the Templars' activities in Spain does not only believe that the Hermitage lies at the centre (the heart) of a complex of Templar churches and castles that form the aforesaid Templar Cross over Spain, he also believes that the Hermitage may have been a hiding place for the Holy Grail after the Templars’ loss of their stronghold at Acre or after the suppression of the Order during the years 1307-1314. It should be noted here that the Templars were only reluctantly suppressed by Spanish Kings and Princes, since they had provided them with much needed support in the reconquest of Spain from the Moors. Hence, they would no doubt have had more time to organise their affairs (including hiding the Grail and their substantial treasure) in Spain than they did over the border in France.

This may not be the only example of the Templars aligning the windows of their chapels and churches to produce special lighting effects on auspicious dates such as the winter solstice. I have discovered another example in northern Italy and will do a post on this hopefully soon.

Please note that I am taking a short break this coming week so may not be posting again until my return.

By mask, did you mean something more like this:
The Masks are more like this: 1657216708290.png

I actually found an image on google of how they dress in the meeting's which is: 1657216753817.png. I have never worn the black hood and have never seen anyone wearing the black hoods but the white tunic and the belt ropes is what I've seen. Funny enough, I recall in one of our meetings awhile ago ( I do not attend lodge anymore) they were saying how a theocracy is the ideal form of government and related it to ancient Egypt and how the pharaohs were seen as working with gods commands.

First time I showed my parent's my tunic my dad told me that he was reminded of the templars. I do agree with what Laura said, most esoteric orders are just a variation of Christian or religious fundies.

The Masks are more like this: View attachment 60628

I actually found an image on google of how they dress in the meeting's which is: View attachment 60629. I have never worn the black hood and have never seen anyone wearing the black hoods but the white tunic and the belt ropes is what I've seen. Funny enough, I recall in one of our meetings awhile ago ( I do not attend lodge anymore) they were saying how a theocracy is the ideal form of government and related it to ancient Egypt and how the pharaohs were seen as working with gods commands.

First time I showed my parent's my tunic my dad told me that he was reminded of the templars. I do agree with what Laura said, most esoteric orders are just a variation of Christian or religious fundies.
Thank you for this. Apart from the masks, they do appear quite monastic looking. The choice of a white tunic would seem to link them, therefore, with the Carmelite (White) Friars, the Knights Templar, the Essenes, the Levites and possibly the Druids, who also wore white tunics/habits and white belts (signifying balance). This is probably no coincidence. It also makes me think of Edgar Cayce's Great White Brotherhood. Here is what the C's had to say about them:​

Session 31May 1995:

Q: (L) I have read a number of things recently purportedly channelled by the "Great White Brotherhood." I would like to know if there is such a thing?

Q: (L) There is no "Great White Brotherhood?" (SV) How come Edgar Cayce talked about it?

A: Not as such.

Q: (L) What is it that they have been calling the "Great White Brotherhood?"

A: ?

Q: (L) What is the Great White Brotherhood that Cayce was referring to?

A: Various STO.

Q: (L) Do they identify themselves as the Great White Brotherhood?

A: Sometimes.

Q: (L) If they are not the "Great White Brotherhood," what are they?

A: Fourth density STO.

Q: (L) What is their purpose or work?

A: Complex, suggest you wait and see.

Q: (L) Are we going to be contacted by the Great White Brotherhood?

A: Maybe.

I find the wearing of masks an odd feature though, given that the Freemasons do not wear them in their lodge meetings. I assume everyone knows who the other members are at formal lodge meetings, so why the air of secrecy? Does it hark back to a practice of the ancient Greco-Roman mystery schools such as those of the Dionysian Mysteries and the Bacchanalian rites - which were possibly revived in modern times by groups like the Hellfire Club, established in 18th Century England by Sir Francis Dashwood as the Order of the Friars of St. Francis of Wycombe, which would meet in the network of caves and tunnels in the chalk hills above West Wycombe. Later, after moving their meetings to Medmenham Abbey, they became the Monks or Friars of Medmenham. The club's motto was Fais ce que tu voudras ("Do what thou wilt"), a philosophy of life associated with François Rabelais's fictional abbey at Thélème and later used by Aleister Crowley. The American Founding Father, Benjamin Franklin, is known to have occasionally attended the club's meetings in 1758 during his time in England. Was it just a male drinking club emulating the ancient Dionysian and Bacchanalian rites, which were renowned for their hedonism and sexual debauchery, or was it a useful cover for something more sinister perhaps?

Was the Hellfire Club in turn the inspiration for the later Bohemian Grove Club based in San Francisco (St Francis!), California I wonder? See Bohemian Grove - Wikipedia. Since the founding of the club in 1872, the Bohemian Grove's mascot has been an Owl, symbolising wisdom [or Molloch perhaps?].

The Club's motto is "Weaving Spiders Come Not Here," which implies that outside concerns and business deals (networking) are to be left outside. When gathered in groups, Bohemians usually adhere to the injunction, although discussion of business often occurs between pairs of members. Important political and business deals have been developed at the Grove. The Grove is particularly famous for a Manhattan Project planning meeting that took place there in September 1942, which subsequently led to the atomic bomb.

However, the reference to 'weaving spiders' makes me think here of the C's statement "A: What a tangled web we spin, when we must not let you in", which Laura linked with the Rosicrucian encampment, which she had viewed metaphorically as the spider, or spinner of webs.​

When I wrote about this in Abbé Saunière and the Rosicrucians Part 2 - See
Gough then tells us that dramatically, Abbe Saunière has selected and arranged the order of the Saints statues within his church to imply the presence of the Holy Grail.

Intriguingly, he points out that the first letter of each Saint’s name spells out G R A A L, which is the French for Grail! The sequence of Saints goes like this:

* St Germaine
* St Roch
* St Antoine de Padoue
* St Antoine
* St Luc

Furthermore, the configuration of the statues apparently forms a large, albeit disproportionate shaped ‘M’, and seems to represent Mary Magdalene, as depicted below:

1658143942278-png.61077

I said:
"I would make one further observation and that is whether the odd shape of the letter “M” displayed here could possibly be a reference to a star map, a particular constellation perhaps? As the C’s said:

“A: Just look. Now folks, remember: Rennes-le-Chateau is a means, not an end. Sort of like unlocking the trunk, expecting to find the gold, and merely finding a map.”,

I couldn't have envisaged then that the C's would provide this particular image in the very next session:

1658144528525.png

There may be no connection here but the fact remains that the "W" or "M" shape, depending as the C's said "on your perspective and purpose" shows two external arms of different length like the pattern formed by Sauniere's statues.

Could Abbe Sauniere have been intending a reference to the star system Cassiopaea instead of Mary Magdalene perhaps?

Attachments

• 1658143942278.png
    1658143942278.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 92
Before reverting back to the Knights Templar and their penchant for archeoastronomy when building their churches and chapels, I would like to return to an earlier subject that concerns both that strange seemingly crypt-Freemasonic Catholic organisation, the Heiron du Val d’Or (which Abbé Saunière may have been a member of), which could have been at the heart of the Rennes-le-Chateau mystery, and that equally strange group of Calabrian monks who may have been the original Priory of Sion in Jerusalem (as discussed in my article The Augustinian Canons of Notre Dame de Sion. Could the former group have had its roots in the latter through their choice of name and are both groups connected to the Rosicrucians?

In her article The Protocols of Sion and the Hieron du Val d’Or (bibliotecapleyades.net), Tracy R Twyman mentioned that the three authors of The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail had noted that the “The Hieron du Val d’Or” contains an anagram of the place name “Orval”, a location that frequently crops up throughout the Rennes-le-Chateau mystery. Notably, the name “Orval” contains the syllables which, in French, mean “gold” and “valley” and which in reverse form "Val [d'] Or". Twyman remarked that the Heiron's stated goals were very similar to those enumerated in The Protocols of Zion, and they were in fact, apparently, an auxiliary order of the Priory of Sion. In a subsequent article, I suggested that the roots of the Rosicrucians may have lain in yet another strange group, a colony from the ancient city of Harran that had resided at the Giza Plateau and were, according to the C's, the same group responsible for The Protocols of Zion:
Q: One of the things I noticed in this book was that they said that there was a colony from the city of Harran in what is nowadays Turkey, and that this colony formerly resided on the Giza plateau. Is there any connection between this colony they mention and the fact that you said that the ‘Protocols of the Elders of Zion’ were composed in Turkey by an ‘Aryan’ source?

Q: What
relationship is there?

A: One and the same.

I then connected this colony potentially with the Sabians of Harran, who were star or astral worshippers (also known as Astrotheology), which is something they would seem to have had in common with those other archeoastronomers and geomancers, the Knights Templars and the Rosicrucians. Could this suggest a continuity of tradition passing from one group to the others. One Islamic scholar claimed the Sabians were "the guardians and propagators of Hermeticism in the Islamic world" and practiced "the religion of the heirs of the prophet Idris [i.e. Enoch]". In her article, the writer Donald H. Frew claimed that a group of Harrians in the Late Bronze Age (which would comfortably place it at the time of Abraham/Moses and Akhenaten) established a pilgrimage centre at the Giza Plateau and centuries later, Harrians would claim that the Pyramids were the tombs of their gods, Idris (Hermes) and Seth. As to the origins of the Sabians, it would appear that their original identity seem to have been completely forgotten (how convenient!).

The Sabians had a very long history and were not destroyed until 1032-33 when their temple was destroyed and the urban community extinguished by an uprising of the rural 'Alid-Shiite population and impoverished Muslim militias. However, during the 9th and 10th centuries AD, there were many different religions operating in Harran during this period. Apart from the Sabians, there were also Muslims, Christians, Jews, Samaritans, Zoroastrians, Manicheans and many other religious groups. No doubt this led to a cross fertilisation of ideas and philosophies (including Hermeticism) that may eventually have been carried over into Europe.
However, hold that date of 1032-33 and let us return to the monks of Orval, supposedly from Calabria in Italy.

It would seem that in 1070 AD, twenty nine years before the First Crusade (and 32 years after the destruction of the Sabian Temple), a band of monks, from Calabria in southern Italy, arrived in the vicinity of the Ardennes Forest, which was part of Godfroi de Bouillon’s domains. On their arrival in the Ardennes, the Calabrian monks obtained the patronage of Mathilde de Toscane, Duchesse of Lorraine and the aunt of Godfroi de Bouillon (in effect his foster mother). Mathilde gave the monks a tract of land at Orval, not far from Stenay where Dagobert II had been assassinated where they established an abbey. According to Gerard de Sede, their leader was called 'Ursus' (Bear) - a name consistently associated with the Merovingian bloodline. However, they did not remain in Orval for very long. By 1108 they had mysteriously disappeared and no record of their whereabouts survives. Tradition maintains that they returned to Calabria. Interestingly, Orval by 1131 became a fiefdom of St Bernard of Clairvaux - the Cistercian Abbot who drew up the Templars’ Rule and had a close relationship with the fledgling Order. I shall have more to say on St. Bernard's roots in a subsequent article. Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln made the observation that the monks at Orval were not just a random band of itinerant religious devotees. They pointed out aht on the contrary, their movements - their collective arrival in the Ardennes from Calabria and their mysterious disappearance en masse - attest to some kind of cohesion, some kind of organisation and perhaps a permanent base somewhere. They pointed out that if Peter the Hermit were a member of this band of monks (perhaps even Ursus?) his preaching of a crusade might have been a manifestation of not of rampant fanaticism, but of calculated policy. If so, what drove that policy?

Things then got a bit murky when the three authors of The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail considered Gerard de Sede’s suggestion that one of the members of this mysterious band of monks was none other than Peter the Hermit who in 1095 along with Pope Urban II preached the need for a crusade, a holy war, to reclaim Christ’s Holy Sepulchre and the Holy Land from the Muslim infidel. Today Peter the Hermit is regarded as one of the chief instigators of the crusades. Peter the Hermit - Wikipedia. It has also been alleged that Peter the Hermit was the personal tutor of Godfroi de Bouillon but I can find no evidence that supports this contention. However, Peter the Hermit would eventually end up in Jerusalem after the Crusader’s conquest and must no doubt have met with Godfroi given his fame and acclaim at that time.

Quoting Wikipedia: In 1099 Peter appears as the treasurer of the alms at the siege of Arqa, and as leader of the supplicatory processions around the walls of Jerusalem before it fell, and later within Jerusalem, which preceded the Crusaders' surprising victory at the Battle of Ascalon (August 1099). At the end of 1099, Peter went to Latakia, and sailed thence for the West. From this time he disappears from the historical record. Albert of Aix records that he died in 1131, as prior of the Augustinian church of the Holy Sepulchre which he had founded in France. However, others argue that it was actually in Flanders at Neufmoustier near Huy in Belgium, or Huy itself, which may have been his home town.

Returning to the mysterious band of monks from Calabria who vanished from Orval, the authors speculated whether they might have established themselves in Jerusalem, perhaps as Augustinian Canons in the Abbey of Notre Dame de Sion, which had been built by the year 1108 AD. Could they therefore have been the Ordre de Sion?

With no documentary evidence to substantiate this, the authors looked to fragments of circumstantial evidence to support their hypothesis. The authors noted though that there were three other armies who set out for the Holy Land at the same time, each commanded by an illustrious and influential western potentate. If the Crusade succeeded, any one of these four military leaders could have been selected to occupy the throne of Jerusalem. However, the authors suggest that Godfroi knew in advance that it would be him, since he alone of the four commanders renounced all his fiefdoms and sold all his goods with a view to remaining in the Holy Land for the rest of his life. In 1099, immediately after the capture of Jersualem, a group of anonymous figures convened together in a secret conclave. The identity of this group has eluded all historical inquiry – although Guillaume de Tyre, writing three quarters of century later, reports that the most important of them was a ‘certain bishop from Calabria’. In any case, the purpose of the meeting was quite clear – to elect a king of Jerusalem. Although Raymond, the Count of Tolouse would appear to have had a persuasive claim, the mysterious and obviously influential electors promptly offered the throne to Godfroi de Bouillon. With uncharacteristic modesty, he declined the throne accepting instead the title of ‘Defender of the Holy Sepulchre’, a king in all but name. When he died in 1100, his brother Baudouin did not hesitate in accepting the name as well. The authors wondered if the mysterious conclave which elected Godfroi may have been the monks from Orval, including perhaps Peter the Hermit who was in the Holy Land at that time and enjoyed considerable authority. If true, it would certainly attest to the Order of Sions’s power – a power which seemingly even included the right to confer thrones.

I then commented on this speculation by saying "Needless to say, this is pure speculation on the part of the three authors but the link with Calabria does certainly appear interesting". However, if one wanted to speculate further, could this mysterious band of monks have come not from Calabria in Italy but further afield - perhaps Harran, as would be religious refugees? If so, could Peter's motivation for a crusade have been one of calculated revenge against the muslims who had destroyed the ancient Sabian Temple of Harran? Were they angry at the muslims for having destroyed the remarkable inter-religious ecumenism that had existed at Harran up to that time:
In Harran’s Citadel, there is a Christian chapel of Crusader architecture (Lloyd & Brice 1951: 102-103). There is no record of any Crusaders ever conquering the city (Segal 1970: 230-251; Green 1992: 98; Gunduz 1994: 133). The presence of the chapel would appear to indicate a peaceful Crusader* presence. The fact that the chapel is side-by-side with the Citadel’s mosque, even sharing an entry hall, is even more striking. It was far more common for chapels and mosques of that time to be built on top of each other or to be co-opted one from the other. Is this another example of the city’s remarkable religious tolerance?

Recall here that one of the aims of the Knights Templar was to promote a union between Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Does this suggest that Harran could have been one of the places where the Templars imbibed the Hermetic philosophy and wisdom, which they then took back to Europe with them?

...​
I then connected this colony potentially with the Sabians of Harran, who were star or astral worshippers (also known as Astrotheology), which is something they would seem to have had in common with those other archeoastronomers and geomancers, the Knights Templars and the Rosicrucians. Could this suggest a continuity of tradition passing from one group to the others. One Islamic scholar claimed the Sabians were "the guardians and propagators of Hermeticism in the Islamic world" and practiced "the religion of the heirs of the prophet Idris [i.e. Enoch]". In her article, the writer Donald H. Frew claimed that a group of Harrians in the Late Bronze Age (which would comfortably place it at the time of Abraham/Moses and Akhenaten) established a pilgrimage centre at the Giza Plateau and centuries later, Harrians would claim that the Pyramids were the tombs of their gods, Idris (Hermes) and Seth. As to the origins of the Sabians, it would appear that their original identity seem to have been completely forgotten (how convenient!).

The Sabians had a very long history and were not destroyed until 1032-33 when their temple was destroyed and the urban community extinguished by an uprising of the rural 'Alid-Shiite population and impoverished Muslim militias.
[...]​
However, if one wanted to speculate further, could this mysterious band of monks have come not from Calabria in Italy but further afield - perhaps Harran, as would be religious refugees? If so, could Peter's motivation for a crusade have been one of calculated revenge against the muslims who had destroyed the ancient Sabian Temple of Harran? Were they angry at the muslims for having destroyed the remarkable inter-religious ecumenism that had existed at Harran up to that time: ...

* Recall here that one of the aims of the Knights Templar was to promote a union between Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Does this suggest that Harran could have been one of the places where the Templars imbibed the Hermetic philosophy and wisdom, which they then took back to Europe with them?

Something I noticed while comparing the chronological dates in my notes:

If you read the English wikipedia entry for the Black Stone (of the Kaaba), you can find under 'Desecrations':

"In the 11th century, a man allegedly sent by the Fatimid caliph al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah attempted to smash the Black Stone but was killed on the spot, having caused only slight damage."

The German entry has this to say about this incident:

"On 8 March 1023, during the Hajj ceremonies after the Friday prayer, there was another attack on the Black Stone. After the prayer leader had finished, a pilgrim from Egypt stood up with a sword in one hand and a club in the other, strove towards the Black Stone and struck three blows with the club against its visible side. As he did so, he shouted: "How long is the stone to be worshipped? Neither Muhammad nor ʿAlī ibn Abī Tālib can prevent me from doing what I will do! I will destroy this house and put an end to it!" The man, probably [!] a Druse, was overpowered and killed outside the shrine. The three splintered pieces of the damaged black stone were glued back on and the spot was covered with resin varnish."
[Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)]
---

Could it be, that this 'pilgrim from Egypt' was connected to the Sabians?
And that this was the trigger for the destruction of their temple in Harran 9 years later in 1032?

Just 'thinking out loud' and speculation on my part, of course.

Something I noticed while comparing the chronological dates in my notes:

If you read the English wikipedia entry for the Black Stone (of the Kaaba), you can find under 'Desecrations':

"In the 11th century, a man allegedly sent by the Fatimid caliph al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah attempted to smash the Black Stone but was killed on the spot, having caused only slight damage."

The German entry has this to say about this incident:

"On 8 March 1023, during the Hajj ceremonies after the Friday prayer, there was another attack on the Black Stone. After the prayer leader had finished, a pilgrim from Egypt stood up with a sword in one hand and a club in the other, strove towards the Black Stone and struck three blows with the club against its visible side. As he did so, he shouted: "How long is the stone to be worshipped? Neither Muhammad nor ʿAlī ibn Abī Tālib can prevent me from doing what I will do! I will destroy this house and put an end to it!" The man, probably [!] a Druse, was overpowered and killed outside the shrine. The three splintered pieces of the damaged black stone were glued back on and the spot was covered with resin varnish."
[Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)]
---

Could it be, that this 'pilgrim from Egypt' was connected to the Sabians?
And that this was the trigger for the destruction of their temple in Harran 9 years later in 1032?

Just 'thinking out loud' and speculation on my part, of course.
You could well be on to something here. During the 11th Century there were major splits between the different factions or denominations of Islam, which the First Crusade took advantage of. Some of these splits continue to this day, witness the Druze in Syria who were attacked in the recent and still ongoing Syrian Civil War by mainly Sunni jihadists.

This attack also makes me think of the Assassins who were the original 'Murder Incorporated' of the Middle East. They were also known as Nizari Ismailis, a heretical group of Shiite Muslims who were powerful in Persia and Syria from the 11th century AD. Known as the Assassins by their enemies in reference to their use of hashish, 'assassin' was a corruption of the Arabic hasisi ('hashish-eater').

The Ismailis were, then, seen as heretics by other Muslim groups, not only by other Shiite Muslims but also the Sunnis of the Abbasid Caliphate (750-1258 AD) based at Baghdad. In the late 11th Century AD, the Ismailis themselves split into two groups after a dynastic dispute and their disappointment of the Ismaili-run Fatimid Caliphate (909-1171 AD), then based at Cairo, to progress their ambition to dominate all of the Muslim world. The eastern-based branch of the sect, the Nizari Ismailis, were named after their preferred candidate for caliph, Abu Mansur Nizar (1047-1097 AD). The Nizaris were more militant than their rival Ismaili branch, and it was they who became known as the Assassins.

However, could they have had a more ancient link with the Jewish Essenes, who as, we know, had their own band of assassins called the Sicarii, who were a splinter group of the Jewish Zealots, many of who were Essenes? Could some of them have survived the destruction of Jerusalem and the fall of the Fortress of Masada to live on in the Middle East? If you put an "A" at the front of Essene instead of an "E" you get "Assenes", not so etymologically different from "Assassin" when you think about it. The group who would become the Assassins may have even been reluctant converts to Islam, only doing so for preservation sake.​

Back
Top Bottom