Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

Trevrizent said:
Puzzle, there is a post by Odyssey that indicates a testing procedure that indicates if a food or drink is something that your body thinks is good for you - it seems to work for me - the link is www.ladybarbara.net/html/self-testing.html You may, or may not, find this as a useful start point for deciding on different foods, etc, before doing the elimination test.

I finally got around to trying this tonight, and although I need some more practice with it, it actually seems to work! I tried ten or twelve different foods, and the only unexpected response that I got was positive towards milk (!) Even better, it seems to work on other things besides food. I tried books, and it seems to work there also. Has anyone else given this a shot yet?

Shijing said:
Quote from: Trevrizent on January 20, 2010, 03:33:27 AM
Puzzle, there is a post by Odyssey that indicates a testing procedure that indicates if a food or drink is something that your body thinks is good for you - it seems to work for me - the link is www.ladybarbara.net/html/self-testing.html You may, or may not, find this as a useful start point for deciding on different foods, etc, before doing the elimination test.

I finally got around to trying this tonight, and although I need some more practice with it, it actually seems to work! I tried ten or twelve different foods, and the only unexpected response that I got was positive towards milk (!) Even better, it seems to work on other things besides food. I tried books, and it seems to work there also. Has anyone else given this a shot yet?

Besides food, I tried tobacco, tequila, Reiki and Quantum Touch (another energy healing modality) and a Robert Jordan novel--all positive responses. I think I'll try some other books, comparing ones I've read and enjoyed, haven't read, and read but did not get into. It'll be interesting to see the results. This may help me to see how likely it is that my responses are psychologically influenced.

Yes, I'm going to be playing around with this and see if I can learn to read my responses better. I have noticed that I have very strong responses to some things, and very weak ones to others. So far I've had positive responses to Secret History, The Magnesium Miracle, one of Ouspensky's books, a book that argues for a genetic relationship between Japanese and Korean, and Peter Rabbit. I've had negative responses to a book about Clinton by Christopher Hitchens, an Eckhart Tolle book (very weak response though), and a book that argues against a genetic relationship between Japanese and Korean.

My daughter feels a bit hurt that I've had two negative responses in a row to her drawing sketchbook (and she had two negative responses also) -- I told her not to worry, because we still aren't sure exactly how to interpret the information yet, assuming its legitimate.

Oh, I also tested positive to my guinea pig -- I am just assuming that means he is a good pet, not a good meal.

Shijing said:
Oh, I also tested positive to my guinea pig -- I am just assuming that means he is a good pet, not a good meal.

Funny. :P

I wonder if it will work with people?

Do y'all do the self testing with the lowering and raising of the hand or just hold out your hand. I've only done this a few times for fun and didn't think too much of it. I was doing it in the different positions and would bob back and forward on some things, nothing that seemed a definite yes or no.

I do it by starting at the head area, pausing for a moment, then moving down to the chest, pause, then gut area. Pause long enough to get a definite reaction.

Odyssey said:
I do it by starting at the head area, pausing for a moment, then moving down to the chest, pause, then gut area. Pause long enough to get a definite reaction.

I see, thanks. I was just doing a kind of constant moving up and down. It makes more sense to stop and see for the reaction to that particular area.

Odyssey said:

I pretty much just tried to do what it describes on the website, so I take the object in my right hand (my writing hand) and hold it in front of my forehead first, then close my eyes and move it slowly down in front of my lower abdomen. I've found that you have to hold it there for several seconds, because there can be some initial moving back and forth before you finally have a really big movement in one direction or another.

Odyssey said:
I wonder if it will work with people?

I don't know, but wouldn't it be useful if it did? You'd have to modify the technique somehow, since you obviously can't pick people up in one hand, but there is probably a way. I'll probably try to experiment with it more after I feel like I've got the basics down.

Odyssey on Today at 03:02:24 PM said:
I do it by starting at the head area, pausing for a moment, then moving down to the chest, pause, then gut area {both}. Pause long enough to get a definite reaction.
That is what i do too, pausing long enough to get a definite reaction, if none, then i stop and move on, rejecting that item.

This testing technique is pretty interesting, I'm wondering what to make of it. I've had some unexpected results as others have, such as Evolutionary's positive for tequila. I tested positive for red wine (negative for white) and for a bottle of boutique hand made gin that a friend brought back from Maine. So suggestion doesn't seem to be a factor. I certainly didn't expect positives for red wine and gin, I doubt if Evolutionary expected a positive for tequila.

So does this mean it's OK for me to have a glass or 2 of red wine at a party? I'm not suffering from any overt candidiasis, so maybe it is.

I'm lucky to have good health insurance, so I'm seeing a good doctor on a weekly basis right now. They have a high tech scale that gives an accurate weight and body fat reading. On weeks where I've cheated a little it shows on my next visit as slowed weight loss or weight gain and higher blood pressure (which I've come to think of as a good proxy for inflammation levels).

At some point I may try a couple of glasses of red wine as an experiment, see what happens to my weight and blood pressure.

What are you all thinking about the usefulness of this technique?

I use this technique only as an initial screening before subjecting the 'new food' to the elimination test, as described by Psyche elsewhere. The latter is what I take as 'gospel', as to whether it is good for my body, mind, soul or not.

The only problem I have with the self-testing is that it is open to possible corruption by inclinations, programs, etc. I've usually used blind muscle testing with good results. You need a friend to help you do this. The friend puts samples of the items to be tested in a tissue and wads it up into a ball. Then, there is a whole bunch of these balls. The friend picks one up, puts it in your left hand, you hold your right arm out parallel to the floor and the friend pushes down on the arm while you resist. If the item in the tissue is bad for you, you will lose all your strength and won't be able to resist their push on your extended arm. If it is good for you, it will make your resistance very strong.

Not knowing what the item is that you are testing makes the test more objective, I think. I also like to run through it a number of times and take an average. (You can number the wads of tissue for this.)

This is great info, because after showing my daughter how to do the body-testing from the link Trevrizent sent, she wants to use it for a science project with a friend next year. This is a great start for her in terms of experiment design, trying to eliminate the bias in testing and all.

Back
Top Bottom