Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

Laura said:
The only problem I have with the self-testing is that it is open to possible corruption by inclinations, programs, etc.

I agree with this. I have been able to make myself go forwards or backwards on the same item so I am slightly skeptical of this, at least for me.

Laura said:
I've usually used blind muscle testing with good results. You need a friend to help you do this. The friend puts samples of the items to be tested in a tissue and wads it up into a ball. Then, there is a whole bunch of these balls. The friend picks one up, puts it in your left hand, you hold your right arm out parallel to the floor and the friend pushes down on the arm while you resist. If the item in the tissue is bad for you, you will lose all your strength and won't be able to resist their push on your extended arm. If it is good for you, it will make your resistance very strong.

Not knowing what the item is that you are testing makes the test more objective, I think. I also like to run through it a number of times and take an average. (You can number the wads of tissue for this.)

Way back when, I had a kineisiologist who used this method on me many times to know what was causing muscles/spine/hips to go out and what supplements I needed. I moved and haven't been able to find a kineisiologist close to me for many years.

But, for me at least, the muscle testing really does work. It is hard to believe just how weak you become when you are holding something that you body/aura knows is not good for you.

I've done this with strong men before, had them hold a bottle of bleach or something and them so weak that i could almost use just a finger to push their arm down that I was almost able to hang from when they weren't holding the bottle.

Pretty amazing, or so I think.

Perhaps interesting (maybe a bit disgusting as well):

Carolyn Dean said:
What you drop into the toilet each day can help you make many
important personal health decisions like... Which diet is best for
you... How much sleep you need... Or whether a particular supplement
benefits you or not.

[...]

Nonetheless, healthy BMs indicate how your current health program
is working for your body. Your stools should move 2-3 times a day,
be large and the consistency of a ripe banana, large and move.

Otherwise, hard constipated stools indicate your body is too dry or
tense. You may not be eating enough lubricating fats or are
sensitive to drying food like potatoes, granola and apples.

Vice versa, runny or loose stools may mean you are actually eating
too much cleansing fruits and raw vegetables and not enough protein
and starches.

So as you experiment with lifestyle choices... "listen" to your
colon. If you're doing something that works for your particular
constitution then the proof will be in the pooh.

[...]

P.P.S. If you're going less than once a day... you're constipated.
This is a toxic condition.

Oxajil said:
Perhaps interesting (maybe a bit disgusting as well):

Carolyn Dean said:
What you drop into the toilet each day can help you make many
important personal health decisions like... Which diet is best for
you... How much sleep you need... Or whether a particular supplement
benefits you or not.

[...]

Nonetheless, healthy BMs indicate how your current health program
is working for your body. Your stools should move 2-3 times a day,
be large and the consistency of a ripe banana, large and move.

Otherwise, hard constipated stools indicate your body is too dry or
tense. You may not be eating enough lubricating fats or are
sensitive to drying food like potatoes, granola and apples.

Vice versa, runny or loose stools may mean you are actually eating
too much cleansing fruits and raw vegetables and not enough protein
and starches.

So as you experiment with lifestyle choices... "listen" to your
colon. If you're doing something that works for your particular
constitution then the proof will be in the pooh.

[...]

P.P.S. If you're going less than once a day... you're constipated.
This is a toxic condition.

I have also read that if you are going less than 3 times a day you are constipated! The rest makes sense with what I read elsewhere too.

Here's a pretty decent video on the importance of proper nutrition and how we are what we eat... called Food Matters.

_http://wideeyecinema.com/?p=7875

Hi- This is my first post on the board.. I became very interested in alternative medical issues after having issues with LPR, a form of acid reflux disease, and non-bactertial prostatitis last year. After getting over them to some degree, I have now been hit with significant parasthesia, a little muscle twitching, and some dizziness. I had a similar sudden onset very similar to these 10 years ago. So it has the ring of MS, though I am not convinced. I will be seeing a neuro for their diagnosis.

I mention my history to also explain where I am at with allopaathic and alternative medicine. I have always been a bit of a questioning type, but after my experience with LPR and prostatitis I have become extremely intersted in the debate. I know there are subtleties beyond Allopathic versus alternative, but please allow the general distinction for now. i will not bore you with the details of experiences with the allopaths, but here are a few themes I would like to point out.

1- If you have a particular disorder it may be very difficult to find a doctor who knows your particular disorder. For instance with LPR you got to choose between GI's and ENT's, and many of them were not familiar with LPR. if you have something like MS you may find an organization of neurologists who specialize, but if not, you are on your own
2- Almost all of these disorders come with the disclaimer on the internet that they are incurable, and then there are some statics which try to define the general disease progression and what one may expect from treatment. As to where the information comes from for these estimates is not readily known .Often it seems that these very broad descriptions are based on precious little science.
3- You cannot communicate with physicians in any way outside of the office. Even naturopaths seem unwilling to consider some form of limited initial discussion between patient and physician that does not include a full office visit and evaluation. Why is it not possible to know what the general approach of these people are before you pay them 400 dollars and a full evaluation?
4- Why is there no discussion board where well informed patients, allopaths, and alternative practitioners have an open public discussion on health issues.

I have become a pretty good student of alternative medicine in the past year. I found Martie Whittekins show which has weekly archived MP3's with a variety of guests who seem expert in alternative medicine. Sherry Rogers who I have seen mentioned here is prominently featured. Anyway I hope to have some more discussion's ON specifics, but wanted to throw out some general themes first.

Hi mattnapa,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

I found the following article interesting in the way it illustrates how difficult is to avoid chemical toxicity and how important it is to detoxify. A good reminder. It is also a promotional newsletter, but IMO, the content is very valuable.

http://www.totalhealthbreakthroughs.com/

For 20 years, Charlotte Brody ate organic produce, used non-toxic household cleaning detergents, and avoided pesticides in her home and garden.

"I'm the one hand-picking weeds from my garden rather than using chemical sprays, and going that extra mile to get my organic milk in a glass bottle," she said.

So when Charlotte volunteered to have her blood tested for the presence of 210 different toxic chemicals as part of a recent scientific study, she thought it would be relatively clean.

Instead, she was shocked to discover 85 different chemicals in her blood including more than two dozen types of PCBs, seven dioxins, and a banned household insecticide!

If you lack energy or feel tired all the time... if you suffer from pain and inflammation... if you experience "senior moments" or difficulty concentrating... blood pressure problems... or any number of chronic conditions... it could be caused by chemicals in your body.

And if you think a healthy lifestyle can shield you from environmental toxins... Well, think again.

But there IS something you can do. Read below to learn what it is...

To Your Health,

Maria Dolgova
Associate Publisher
Total Health Breakthroughs

Important Notice: If you were born in the U.S. between 1912 and 1946, you may have been exposed to this deadly toxin.

How to know if you've been affected and what you must do now to get relief.

If you're between the ages of 58 and 92, new research shows you may have been contaminated with a dangerous toxin.

In high enough concentrations, this toxin can be deadly. But even in minute doses it can cause health problems like fatigue, joint pain, memory loss, and more. So if you suffer from these problems, this may be why.

And that's why I'm writing to you today. In this letter I'm going to show you the latest scientific research on this toxin and why there is a greater than 90% chance you've already been exposed to it. I'm going to show you how this toxin can attack your body and slowly destroy your health. And I'm going to show you what you can do right now to rid yourself of many chronic health conditions and prevent future ones.

Now, you may already know about the dangers of toxins. And you may already do everything you can to avoid them - like eating organic food, drinking filtered water, or using natural products in your home.

But what you may not know is that even if you take all these precautions, your body can still be contaminated.

In one recent study, scientists tested a group of families for 107 different man-made toxins. They tested blood and urine samples from each family member. Every family member was tested including grandparents, parents and children.

Here's what they found... Every single person from the youngest to the oldest was contaminated with toxins. But the family members with the most toxins in their bodies were between the ages of 58 and 92.

In fact, scientists discovered over 63 different chemicals in the bodies of the oldest generation, including PCBs, organochlorine pesticides, brominated flame retardants, perfluorinated chemicals, and more.

And these aren't the only toxins that may be lurking in your body...

*A comprehensive survey by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control found 148 different chemicals in the blood and urine samples of 2,400 Americans. More than a quarter of all the samples contained benzo(a)pryene, a toxin found in automobile exhaust fumes. And nine out of ten samples contained a mixture of toxic pesticides.

*National Geographic Magazine paid nearly $15,000 to test one of their reporters for the presence of 320 different chemicals as part of an undercover investigation into environmental toxins. The level of one chemical used to make flame retardants was so high it would have been considered alarming, even if the reporter had worked in a plant that manufactured the chemical!

*A Mount Sinai School of Medicine study found a total of 167 different chemicals in the blood and urine samples of volunteers - an average of 91 toxins each. The toxins included lead, dioxins, PCBs, phthalate DEHP, as well as compounds that have been banned for more than a quarter century.

Bottom line: every single person in every study was contaminated. So, if you're tired all the time, this could be the reason why...

If you suffer from joint pain and inflammation, this could be the reason why...

And if you're plagued by ‘senior moments' and brain fog, this could be the reason why...

The Hidden Cause of Your Chronic Health Problems

You see, your body was NEVER designed to process these chemicals and heavy metals. Your liver and kidneys cannot easily or rapidly break them down.

And when your body is unable to breakdown and eliminate these toxins, it stores them away in the far reaches of your liver or in your fat cells.

Eventually these toxins are released from your fat cells, allowing them to travel through your bloodstream and invade your brain, lungs, heart, eyes, stomach, liver and sexual organs.

These toxins and heavy metals can build up in your joints and tissues triggering excruciating pain and inflammation. They can travel to your brain, where they can cause memory loss, migraines, and premature brain aging. They can invade your heart, where they can cause blood pressure problems.

They can imitate your body's natural hormones and invade your endocrine system where they can cause estrogen dominance, reduced libido and sexual dysfunction. They can invade your pancreas where they can cause blood sugar problems. They can invade your eyes causing vision problems. They can invade your stomach where they can cause indigestion, nausea, or vomiting.

Not only do low levels of chemicals build up in your body over time, but these chemicals can also react with each other in dangerous ways...

Why You Are The Guinea Pig In This Toxic Experiment...

Low levels of different chemicals interact with each other. The result is that the combination of two chemicals together can have a much more toxic effect than either one alone.

For example, when you mix dioxin with PCBs, the combined toxicity is eight hundred times greater than with either chemical alone according to a study published in Environmental Health Perspectives.

When you mix 4 popular food additives, the resulting mixture is 700% more toxic than any individual ingredient alone. According to a recent study in the journal of Toxicological Sciences, the combination of aspartame, monosodium glutamate (MSG), and the artificial colorings quinoline yellow and brilliant blue causes nerve cell damage. This combination of food additives is what is typically found in your blood after a snack and a drink!

And when you combine 6 common pollutants you end up with blood sugar problems. According to a new report published in Diabetes Care, the greater your exposure to DDE plus 5 other common pollutants the greater the chance that you will blood sugar problems. In fact, compared to the people with the lowest levels of these toxins; the people with the highest levels in their blood were 38 times more likely to have severe blood sugar problems.

Do Environmental Toxins Cause Diabetes?

There's an epidemic of diabetes in America and scientists now believe they have found out the reason why.

Scientists tested 2,016 Americans for the presence of six toxins known as POPs (persistent organic pollutants). The scientists then compared the levels of these 6 toxins in the participants' bodies to their history of blood sugar problems and diabetes.

And here's what they discovered. The people with the highest levels of these 6 toxins were 38 times more likely to have diabetes compared to the people with the lowest levels!

That's because these toxins can destroy the beta cells in your pancreas that produce insulin, the hormone that regulates your blood sugar levels. These toxins can also interfere with the cell receptors that carry glucose (sugar) to your muscle and fat cells. And they can limit your cell receptors' ability to use insulin. When your cells have a hard time accepting and using insulin, then your blood sugar rises.

But this doesn't have to happen to you...

How to Protect Yourself from the Harmful Effects of Toxins

My name is Dr. Nan Kathryn Fuchs. For more than 25 years I've been treating patients with the most effective natural, nutritional therapies. I've helped these patients overcome common health complaints as well as far more serious health concerns.

For nearly a decade I've been warning anyone who will listen about the dangers of toxins. I've cited study after study linking man-made chemicals and heavy metals to chronic conditions like fatigue, low energy, joint pain and swelling, memory lapses, and brain fog as well as a laundry list of more serious illnesses.

And for years I've been encouraging my patients to detox their bodies. As you may know, there are lots of ways to detox your body...

* One way to detox is with colonics. Colonics involve flushing out waste from the lower end of your colon. This helps prevent toxins from building up in your colon. Unfortunately, you need to do it many times to get the greatest benefit. And colonics can be uncomfortable for some people.
*Another way to detox is with saunas. When combined with massage or vigorous exercise, infrared saunas can help your body to sweat out toxins. The great thing about saunas is that they are enjoyable; the drawback is that it takes a long time to sweat out the toxins. You have to have two saunas per week. And that can get very expensive.

*Still another way to detox your body is with intravenous chelation therapy. I.V. chelation therapy helps remove toxic metals from your blood and arteries. However, because it involves an I.V., this therapy must be performed at a clinic under the supervision of a medical doctor. Treatments last several hours and it can take up to 30 treatments to remove the toxins. The cost of these treatments ranges from $100 to $300 each, and unfortunately they are not usually covered by medical insurance.

But here's the good news. There's now a new way to detox your body. It's safe, easy, and inexpensive...

The Only Oral Detox Solution Proven to Work in Human Clinical Studies

It's called modified citrus pectin, and it's made from the inner peel of citrus fruits. Modified citrus pectin is one of the most powerful chelating substances I've found in the world, and it's been proven to work in human clinical studies.

In one recent study USDA scientists gave people modified citrus pectin for six days. (Phytother. Res. 20, 2006; 859–864) The scientists measured the amount of toxins excreted in the participants urine before taking the modified citrus pectin and 24 hours after taking the citrus pectin.

The results?

*The amount of deadly arsenic excreted in participants' urine increase by 130%...

*The amount of toxic mercury excreted increased by 150%...

*The amount of cadmium excreted increased by a whopping 230%...

*And the amount of toxic lead excreted in participants' urine increased by an amazing 560%! (Phytother. Res. 20, 2006; 859–864)

Dramatic results like these in only 24 hours are simply unheard of!

And here's something else amazing: Even though modified citrus pectin is strong enough to soak up toxins and heavy metals like a sponge, it's also so gentle on your system that not a single person in these human trials reported any side effects!

In fact, modified citrus pectin is so safe it has been tested on children as young as 5 years old who suffer from lead poisoning. Every child tested had a dramatic increase in the excretion of lead in their urine - over 130% on average. (Alternative Therapies, Jul/Aug 2008, Vol. 14, No. 4)

The reason modified citrus pectin is safer than many forms of chelation therapy is because it does NOT deplete the essential minerals your body needs. So while it eliminates toxic metals and pesticides like lead, cadmium and mercury, it doesn't deplete your body of zinc, calcium or magnesium. In fact, there was no change in the level of these vital minerals in patients during the study.

Now before you run out and buy citrus pectin, you have to make sure you're getting the right kind. There are a lot of people out there selling citrus pectin, but it's not the same kind that was used in the clinical studies.

You see, most citrus pectin is composed of large long-chain carbohydrate molecules that are too big for your body to digest. So the pectin simply passes through your body without binding to toxins.

The good news is, my friend and colleague Dr. Isaac Eliaz has found a way to modify citrus pectin that makes it very easy for your body to digest. First he broke down large citrus pectin molecules into smaller easily absorbable pieces. Then he changed the pH of the pectin molecule to make it easier for the molecule to bind to heavy metals, especially in the low-pH environment of your stomach.

The result is a patented form of modified citrus pectin called PectaSol®. It easily binds to toxins so they can be eliminated by your body's digestive system. In fact PectaSol®is so powerful, it can trap and remove significant amounts of toxins in as little as 24 hours!

Clinical and Scientific Studies Show PectaSol® Chelation Complex Gets Rid of 74% of Dangerous Heavy Metals

In addition to Dr. Eliaz' patented citrus pectin, PectaSol® Chelation Complex also contains a second, all natural chelating substance called alginate that's made from seaweed. Why is this important? Because extensive studies at McGill University show that alginates help prevent your body from absorbing lead, cadmium and other toxic metals.

The alginates in PectaSol® Chelation Complex bind to the toxins in your food right in the digestive tract. As a result, the toxins are eliminated before they even enter your blood stream or your tissues.

Worried about mercury in fish? Arsenic in chicken? Pesticides on strawberries? PectaSol® Chelation Complex neutralizes all these toxins and more.

[...]Alginates and PectaSol® are made of soluble fibers that trap toxins. These fibers stack on top of each other to form rows of pockets similar to an egg carton. Heavy metals and toxins get trapped in this "egg carton" and then are eliminated through your body's digestive system.

Best of all, these toxin-trapping "egg cartons" don't just work in your stomach ... they also circulate through your bloodstream. And as they do so, they trap toxic metal ions like lead, mercury, and cadmium and eliminate them.

[...]A recent published case study showed that patients taking PectaSol® Chelation Complex dropped their body levels of toxic metals by a whopping 74% on average. (Research in Complementary Medicine 2007; 14:358-364) Once the toxins were removed, patients reported amazing health breakthroughs.

One patient had been sad and anxious for more than 10 years. She lived in an old house where she had been exposed to fumes from paint, plumbing, and other potential toxins. She tried having her mercury amalgams removed by her dentist, but nothing helped. Then she decided to try PectaSol® Chelation Complex. After just two months on PectaSol® Chelation Complex, her mercury level dropped by 83%, her lead level went down by100%, and her symptoms completely disappeared!

But that's not all... other patients taking PectaSol® Chelation Complex report improvements in memory, joint pain, insomnia and more. [...]

Nan Kathryn Fuchs, PhD,
Editor, Women's Health Letter

P.S. If you're an average American between the ages of 58 and 92, new research shows your body is polluted with 700 synthetic chemicals as well as heavy metals like mercury, lead and arsenic...

As your body fills up with these toxins, you may begin to suffer from stubborn health concerns like aching joints, fatigue, and memory lapses. High levels of these toxins are associated with a long list of severe health conditions. That's why it's critical that you reduce your "body burden" of these toxins as soon as possible...

Good catch, Psyche. Have you had any experience with PectaSol Chelation Complex? I looked around on the internet for pricing. It seems Amazon is the best deal.

Here is the manufacturer's product page for that item:
_http://www.econugenics.com/products/product_detail.php?c=38&s=6342

They want $99.95 for 180 caps. The same from Amazon is $64.03
_http://www.amazon.com/EcoNugenics-Pectasol-Chelation-Complex-V-caps/dp/B000H89PTC

If this stuff is anywhere near as good as the Amazon testimonials, we should probably all be on it. Pretty pricey though. I guess the only way to find out is to try it.

60 caps for $29.99, at Amazon, is probably a better entry level trial purchase.
_http://www.amazon.com/PectaSol-Chelation-Complex-60-VegiCaps/dp/B000UCGDJ0

Apparently the manufacturer, Econugenics, sells their product in bulk as an ingredient to other formulators. Here is a product based on Pectasol, but with additions:
_http://tinyurl.com/yajq36a

Psyche= I am kind of new at this, but in the article they refer to peoples mercury or other heavy metal loads dropping by 70 or 80 percent, is that their blood serum level?

I don't know if pectasol is any better than just citrus pectin taken in combination with some spirulina. Their products are pretty darn pricey if you ask me!

mattnapa said:
Psyche= I am kind of new at this, but in the article they refer to peoples mercury or other heavy metal loads dropping by 70 or 80 percent, is that their blood serum level?

Good question, I don't recall it being specified. As we know, mercury levels are pretty difficult to determine. Perhaps they were refering to testing after a DMSA test or just blood levels in general. But I dunno.

Rabelais said:
Apparently the manufacturer, Econugenics, sells their product in bulk as an ingredient to other formulators. Here is a product based on Pectasol, but with additions:
_http://tinyurl.com/yajq36a

I checked their website and as I tried to read the name of it, I read "Eugenics" :/ They seem pretty well hooked up and what a neat website as well. Hmm.

Here are the patents:

_http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=3&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=6,462,029&OS=6,462,029&RS=6,462,029
_http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=2&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=6,462,029&OS=6,462,029&RS=6,462,029
_http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=6,462,029&OS=6,462,029&RS=6,462,029

I don't know what to make of them. It says that it binds to calcium, although not all calcium (that is what they say) and cholesterol. That raised an alarm, as both are essential in chemical processes in the body. We know that cholesterol is not evil, inflammation is.

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but it sounds so good [to be true?].

I'll try to follow it up and see if I can find some of the studies.

again I am no expert, but I thought there was some danger with chelating too many toxins too quick;ly in that it would put a heavy load on the liver and kidneys and in general mimic ther symptoms of heavy metal poisioning. So the claims about citrus pectin chelating such l;arge amounts so quickly would seem to warrant answers in this area. Sure is interesing though, and I am nonetheless very interested in this therapy

mattnapa said:
again I am no expert, but I thought there was some danger with chelating too many toxins too quick;ly in that it would put a heavy load on the liver and kidneys and in general mimic ther symptoms of heavy metal poisioning.

Yeah, not to much, nor too little, but what your body can reasonably handle.

Evolutionary said:
just ate some cabbage I'd made after feeling hungry for a while and noticed soon after that I didn't feel too good. Then I came across the above--a little synchronicity Smiley and immediately tried it out with some of the cabbage scraps from preparation...I leaned back most definitely. I was afraid this would be the case because it is one of the veggies I crave. Damn! I tested it a few times to be sure, too. I tried some broccoli and it seemed to be positive, though there was a bit of swaying. After the cabbage, I may be psychologicallly clinging to one of my other faves. I'm not sure if aversion to one cruciferous veggie should mean an aversion to all, but I do particularly like them

Well, what you experienced can mean different things: if you just had eaten cabbage, you might have reached your tolerance level already and testing for cabbage would 'add' to that level so to speak. In short, you had your fill, your body does not want more and it shows in the test. Or your body tests weak to uncooked cabbage (you tested scraps) but cooked cabbage is alright. Or you have a problem with cabbage in any form and should stay away from it, etc.

Shijing said:
Yes, I'm going to be playing around with this and see if I can learn to read my responses better. I have noticed that I have very strong responses to some things, and very weak ones to others. So far I've had positive responses to Secret History, The Magnesium Miracle, one of Ouspensky's books, a book that argues for a genetic relationship between Japanese and Korean, and Peter Rabbit. I've had negative responses to a book about Clinton by Christopher Hitchens, an Eckhart Tolle book (very weak response though), and a book that argues against a genetic relationship between Japanese and Korean.

My daughter feels a bit hurt that I've had two negative responses in a row to her drawing sketchbook (and she had two negative responses also) -- I told her not to worry, because we still aren't sure exactly how to interpret the information yet, assuming its legitimate.

Oh, I also tested positive to my guinea pig -- I am just assuming that means he is a good pet, not a good meal.

Testing negative just means your body/yourself is stressed by what you are testing at this moment: you might be stressed by the sketchbook because you're stressed out that you can't draw/you feel you should draw more as it relaxes you/you fear that she's going to be an artist and will never earn enough with such a job/you are allergic to paper or the treatment they do on it. Anything is possible. You can have a 'stress' response because you are very excited about something (like children testing weak to the thought of going to an amusement park!). So, about the books, you will probably will test positive to books you liked/that taught you something. But you might test weak for a book that you like because you feel guilty you are not putting in practice what it says or it could simply be that you find some topics unfamiliar, etc. It could mean so much...

FWIW

Edit: grammar

Back
Top Bottom