Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

cheap detox

I have looked at some of the detox info posted,and i am curious if there is a cheaper alternative to making these shakes,and going to an in frared sauna,etc.What would be recommended to a person with little to no income at the present?

Re: cheap detox

davey72 said:
I have looked at some of the detox info posted,and i am curious if there is a cheaper alternative to making these shakes,and going to an in frared sauna,etc.What would be recommended to a person with little to no income at the present?

You may want to start with basic changes to your grocery shopping list first. For example, start with purchasing: Brown Rice, Beans, Lentils, Organic dark meat chicken (if you can't afford white meat - try and make sure there is a tinge of yellow in the fat), Canned fish except tuna (because of high mercury content - sardines is the best), vegetables of all kinds, rice or almond milk, Xylitol or Stevia for sweeteners.

Get rid of: Vegetable oils, gluten (breads, pasta, cookies, pastries), dairy milk, ice cream, cheese, sugary foods and drinks.

Use butter and olive oil liberally for cooking. Eggs are okay if you can tolerate them, but the omega 3 eggs are a bit pricier...

Purchase the Distilled Water jugs for drinking water. They are relatively cheap compared to other bottled water. I get 4 litre jugs for 1.29 cdn.

Probably the best supplements to buy if your on a tight budget would be Fish oils. Although I would suggest taking the Ultramind Solution Quizzes first
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=11672.0 and then determine what supplements your may want to purchase.

Good luck and post your results! :)

Davey, have you read this entire thread and related threads?

Re: cheap detox

Thank you.I will do that.I am very broke lately,and will be for awhile,as i broke my shoulder,but perhaps it would be a worthwhile investment on myself.There were times in my life that i had to steal to eat.I wonder if it would bring on bad karma in that situation?

sorry,no.getting there.I remember having a detox diet that required boiling all these veggies and drinking the broth everyday,with little other food,besides as much fruit as you can eat.Would this be too much too quick?

davey72 said:
sorry,no.getting there.I remember having a detox diet that required boiling all these veggies and drinking the broth everyday,with little other food,besides as much fruit as you can eat.Would this be too much too quick?

Yes, that would be too much too quick. You have much better chances of success if you take small steps. In fact, these small steps can have pretty big results if you do them effectively.

I had a really terrible night on Tuesday. I was floored by what seemed to be a kind of depression, the depth of which I haven't experienced for a long time, but I also noticed that I was craving sugary foods. I ended up driving quite a long way to a supermarket to get some dates, strawberries and nuts. I ate the full bag of dates.

Wednesday morning I felt almost psychotic, like I was going insane, and I didn't think I'd be able to cope at my job. I managed okay, but I just kept asking myself, "what's wrong with me?"

When I started my new diet, I didn't eat any sugary snacks. But over the last month or so, I've been eating more and more dates, 85% dark chocolate, and bananas and pears. (I've now realised the chocolate has soya lecithin in, and so won't be having it again.) I started thinking maybe it's candidiasis. I mean, to go from one day functioning fine and doing a lot of reading and things, to then feeling crazy, seemed like something was going on.

That afternoon, amazingly, the DCM put me in a situation where I ended up acquiring a bottle of nystatin suspension. So I had 1ml before bed and 1ml when I got up this morning.

Around 10am I started to have candida die off symptoms. I started feeling really nauseous, and then my mind started getting foggy and I felt like I had the flu. Eventually it got to where I was almost feeling drunk/intoxicated. So, now I'm almost certain I have a problem with candida.

The main reason I wanted to share this was because, back before I started on the diet and decided to try to do more with my life, I was very depressed and almost mentally ill. But what I experienced over the last few days was (it feels very strange considering this possibility because it's not part of my inculcated belief system) almost EXACTLY THE SAME feelings, depression, craziness etc. There was a definite link between my increasing my intake of sugary food, and a mental instability which, after just a couple of small doses of an anti-fungal, has now abated.

I'm going to be doing an anti-candida protocol. I wasn't in control of myself when the albicans screamed out for sugar and basically took control of my body and drove the supermarket. And I can't let my mental health be so negatively affected by something which is pretty easy to sort out.

It can be quite amazing to realize how toxins and chemicals can change our personality. People often fail to realize that they can literally be what they eat. Candida fermenting all that sugar in your body can create the symptoms you just described, and so do the die-off symptoms. Some people may have alcohol in their blood even when they haven't taken any. Yeast overgrowth in our gut ferments the foods we eat and even the supplements we take. Then the by-product is alcohol and other toxins in our systems.

Thanks for sharing T.C. Do remember 5HTP supplementation as well, it helps with carbohydrate cravings.

Even now, after a couple years being very careful with my diet, I can't have much of anything sweet. - like you, I can feel it pretty quick. I use xylitol in my tea and when we bake, and that seems to help a lot. I don't think my issue is candida at this point, sweets just simply inflame me, mess up my insulin, give me palpitations and so on. Not pleasant. And when I say sweets, I mean fruits and that sort of thing. I have to think of dried fruit and any other kind the same way I think about sugary stuff.

Hi T.C.

This may help, or not.

Shirley Gallinger and Sherry Rogers in Macro Mellow said:
Taming the Sweet Tooth
The sweet taste is a necessary part of any diet and is easy to obtain without resorting to highly processed sweeteners such as white sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. The macrobiotic diet furnishes the sweet taste by using, first of all the sweet vegetables such as hard winter squashes, pumpkin, carrots, onions and cabbage, in cooked dishes or as a butter type spread (…). …

People who have hypoglycemia or a raging sweet tooth need to start using squash soup daily.

Sweet Squash Soup
½ Cup hard squash (butternut, buttercup, acorn, skin included if organic)
½ Cup diced onion
½ Cup daikon radish or green cabbage
½ Cup diced carrot
4 Cups spring water
Pinch sea salt …

Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer gently until vegetables are tender.

This can be eaten as a soup at any time of the day. In warm weather, pour off the juice and drink at room temperature and use the coked vegetables as a side dish. Try some anytime the sweet tooth dragon strikes.

If these foods do not tame your sweet tooth, you can use small amounts of apple juice or sweet cider, applesauce or other cooked apple deserts such as baked apple. Cooked breakfast cereals two or three times a week can have added a small amount of raisins and sunflower seeds or walnuts added for sweetness and texture or fresh, seasonal and locally grown fruit. Blueberries and other fruits can be made into wonderful pancake syrup (…). …

I wish you success with your fight with Candida.

Thanks Trevrizent

The thing is, this seems like it's geared towards a regular healthy lifestyle, not an anti-candida regime. Starchy vegetables look to be off the menu when getting rid of candida.

I do have/get hypoglycaemia, I assume due to my AB+ blood type. I didn't think that could make me crave sugars - I thought it was just an indication that I needed sugar.

I'll look into purchasing some 5-HTP, I think.

T.C. said:
Thanks Trevrizent

The thing is, this seems like it's geared towards a regular healthy lifestyle, not an anti-candida regime. Starchy vegetables look to be off the menu when getting rid of candida.

I do have/get hypoglycaemia, I assume due to my AB+ blood type. I didn't think that could make me crave sugars - I thought it was just an indication that I needed sugar.

I'll look into purchasing some 5-HTP, I think.

Hi TC, as someone who also has AB+ blood type, I can tell you that hypoglycaemia does not automatically come along with it. Sounds like you might have some insulin issues.

Oh, right. Thanks anart.

I read this on the Eat Right for Your Type site:

Your Type B propensities cause the same insulin reaction as Type B when you eat lima beans, corn, buckwheat, or sesame seeds.” Inhibited insulin production results in hypoglycemia, a lowering of blood sugar after meals and leads to less efficient metabolism of foods.

Reading it again, I see it's food specific. When I first read it, it triggered memories of the times when I've gone hypoglycaemic (usually after some form of exercise like walking or playing the drum kit) and I just thought "oh it must be my blood type, then".

Hi T.C. ,

The example you gave from D'Adamo is for the B bloodtype, but you said you were AB bloodtype. So maybe this does not apply to you?

Eat Right for Your Type said:
Your Type B propensities cause the same insulin reaction as Type B when you eat lima beans, corn, buckwheat, or sesame seeds.” Inhibited insulin production results in hypoglycemia, a lowering of blood sugar after meals and leads to less efficient metabolism of foods.

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Hi T.C. ,

The example you gave from D'Adamo is for the B bloodtype, but you said you were AB bloodtype. So maybe this does not apply to you?

Eat Right for Your Type said:

Well, the problem with being an AB is that most of the sensitivities for A and for B apply to AB - sort of puts us in a corner! It still comes down to the individual body, though - testing what works and what causes problems is the best way to go, I think.

Back
Top Bottom