Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

scifiscriptwriter said:
Hi Laura - just read your excellent advice on diet in general and detoxing in particular - it doesn't take a genius to know we all need to be conscious of this issue, preferably detoxing continuously and switch on our avoidance behaviours.

Just finished a weeks course of MMS with Jim Humble. Very interesting and as for detoxing in general, well worth incorporating, even if you only use it (chlorine dioxide) to clean the teeth/mouth area. Humble believes it has value in detoxing too - just another item to consider. He has established better protocols (more human friendly) and will let you know how I do with MSS1000.

Hi scifiscriptwriter,

Have you had the chance to read the articles posted in those messages here and here

Gandalf said:
Hi scifiscriptwriter,

Welcome to our forum. ;)

Have a look at those articles, you might find them quite interesting.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/216589-The-Miracle-Mineral-Solution-cure-that-could-make-you-very-sick

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/213718-Jim-Humble-Nexus-Magazine-and-The-MMS-Mafia

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/213235-The-Debate-between-HealthWyze-org-and-Jim-Humble-about-whether-M-M-S-is-a-Fraud

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/207489-Another-Fraud-Of-Alternative-Medicine-M-M-S-

And if do a search on the SOTT website you will find more articles about Jim Humble and his MMS.

Same thing goes for this forum. You can do a search and you will find quite a lot of things to read. Enjoy your reading.

Psyche said:
Gandalf said:
Have a look at those articles, you might find them quite interesting.

Here is another one: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/213275-MMS-Miracle-Mineral-Solution-or-Trojan-Horse-Your-Body-and-DNA-Decide

Welcome to the forum!

scifiscriptwriter said:
Hi Laura - just read your excellent advice on diet in general and detoxing in particular - it doesn't take a genius to know we all need to be conscious of this issue, preferably detoxing continuously and switch on our avoidance behaviours.

Just finished a weeks course of MMS with Jim Humble. Very interesting and as for detoxing in general, well worth incorporating, even if you only use it (chlorine dioxide) to clean the teeth/mouth area. Humble believes it has value in detoxing too - just another item to consider. He has established better protocols (more human friendly) and will let you know how I do with MSS1000.

scifiscriptwriter, if you choose to use or ingest poison, then that is your choice. Please do not promote the use or ingestion of poison on this forum.

scifiscriptwriter, I see your handle is well chosen.

scifiscriptwriter said:

scifiscriptwriter,

This is the second time you've mention Humble and MMS on this forum. You mentioned him in your introduction:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=20203.msg201777#msg201777

The group here and whatever group Humble have are incompatible, as multiple people have pointed out. I could be wrong, but it seems like you are spamming the forum.

Hi Laura - spamming this or any other forum is absolutely not my intent. Have just recieved all your kind references for me to investigate re Humble and MMS, and will happily wade through everything. Thanks

Will also look closely into your diet recommendations - some of which I follow. Health has become rather an issue for me in the last few years, and am eager to find streamlined solutions.

Laura said:
NOTE: I've split this topic off from the candida discussion and will be adding to and/or changing some things over the next couple of days as I gather the newest data together.

So, everything is beginning to tie in together: the information from Rogers' "Detoxify or Die," Galland's "The Fat Resistance Diet," and the Candida research. There's no way to deal with one of these issues without considering the others.

So, what looks to me to be the way to go about it is to begin with the heavy metal detox program: supplementation to help the body clean its overload, sweating in the infrared sauna to assist, and rebuilding the system by replenishing the needed nutrients. Then one can approach the candida problem with some hope of permanent success IF one regularly takes care of detox.

Those of you who have read "Detoxify or Die" have a pretty good idea of what we are up against in terms of heavy metals poisoning. You literally cannot avoid it. The only thing to do then is to find out how to help the body cope with it and detox regularly.

At the same time, one has to be reasonable about what approach to take. What is really necessary to detox, what is not? What is just product promotion, and what do you need? If you take all the different views together and try to amalgamate them, you would end up sitting down to the table three times a day and eating a plate full of pills. I think it is better to try to find the common elements in all the approaches and go with that.

Let's face it, a "no carb" diet has its own problems not to mention the fact that you can't feel like you are living at all eating that way!

So, what to do?

Well, I think what is most reasonable is to understand that, yeah, we have an overload of toxins - heavy metals and such - and the body cannot get rid of it without help. Especially not since we get a new dose of toxicity every single day, even in the air we breathe. So we DO need to assist the body to get rid of this built up burden of toxins.

And then, we need to do a little min-detox on a regular basis throughout our lives.

Meanwhile, we ought to be eating more or less the Mediterranean Diet - lots of fresh vegetables, fish and meat and olive oil. Check out the article on sott: Why Andorrans Live Longer The secret seems to be "Lean meat and fresh fruit and vegetables, lots of olive oil - things that are good for the heart, classic Mediterranean fare." AND exercise AND PEACE OF MIND!!!

Notice that they all smoke. We regularly go to Andorra to buy cigarettes and I can testify to the fact that everybody there is smoking!

The Mediterranean Diet places emphasis on a wide variety of minimally processed, seasonally fresh and locally grown foods. I understand that this is actually the principle of the "macrobiotic diet," though macrobiotic diets don't seem to place so much emphasis on "locally grown" since they are all pushing Japanese foods that cost a mint in the foreign foods section of the supermarket.

Here's a blog about the Mediterranean Diet Wikipedia also has an entry on it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_diet - as well as the similar "French Paradox". Based on observation, I think that the French eat pretty much a "Mediterranean" diet too.

Obviously, if you are also dealing with candida, you will modify this diet somewhat for the duration of your battle, minimizing - but not completely eliminating - carbs.

Getting back to the detox problem, as I noted, if you listen to all of the advice in all of the research, you'd never eat anything except plates full of pills. Based on some experiments we've been doing here with good results, I've come up with a little plan for detoxing that makes it relatively easy to start and stick to such a program for extended periods of time (it can take months to fully detox an overload, maybe a year if you are seriously ill). So, here it is:

Detox Plan

Morning:

Take probiotics first. Follow them with a glass of water.

Then make Shake consisting of:

Berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, mix, etc.)
Alternative milk (oat, rice, almond)
1 TBSP Vit C powder
1 TBSP Spirulina or Chlorella
2 scoops amino acids
2 TBSP psyllium husks
1 TBSP Flax seed oil
Stevia if wanted
Blend and drink with two capsules Alpha Lipoic Acid and 1 capsule Glutahione and one high potency B vitamin complex. Take also your magnesium, zinc, and multi-mineral supplement at this time.

Edit: put the minerals with the morning shake so that those who just have time to do that will get what is most needed.
I am curious as to what probiotics I should be taking? there are so many and I am confused when I go to the health food store as to which ones are best to take on a daily bases?
thank you for your patients and time in this matter!

Does anyone know a reliable on line store where they sell nystatin? I'm not able to find anything (i usually buy from iHerb or Amazon) that looks trustworthy enough.

I get mine from this site, recommended to me by Psyche:

http://www.fludan.com/

It's good quality, but it ships from Canada so it can take two weeks or more to post.

Kniall said:
I get mine from this site, recommended to me by Psyche:

http://www.fludan.com/

It's good quality, but it ships from Canada so it can take two weeks or more to post.

Thanks!

In your experience, would the 100ml(MU) bottle be enough for a 'thorough cleanse'? I know, it probably varies from case to case, but what is your rough estimate(can't afford the big bottle right now)?

On that site they tell you how to use it:
HOW TO USE: Unless otherwise instructed by your doctor, use this medication as follows: Add prescribed amount (usually 1/8 teaspoonful) of dry powder to 4 ounces (approx. 120 ml) of water. Stir well. Divide this mixture into smaller portions. Use all portions for each treatment. Each treatment must be used immediately after mixing. Do not mix and store for later use. Keep the liquid in your mouth for as long as possible by swishing the liquid around in your mouth. Gargle as well before swallowing if so directed. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details. This medication is most often used four times a day; or use as directed by your doctor. It may take from several days to several months to complete treatment. Continue to use this medication until the full prescribed amount is finished, even if symptoms disappear after a few days. Stopping the medication too early may allow the infection to continue, resulting in a return of the infection.

Any advice on the usage and how long to use it per 'cycle'?

Aragorn said:
In your experience, would the 100ml(MU) bottle be enough for a 'thorough cleanse'? I know, it probably varies from case to case, but what is your rough estimate(can't afford the big bottle right now)?

Hi Aragorn,

Here's some info from the following thread:

Since the treatment of intestinal candidiasis requires at least 750,000 units, 4 times a day, a month's supply would be at least 90 million units.[...]

In general, you stop nystatin one month after symptoms disappear. But if you have done the detox diet and have no symptoms, then you can do 4 weeks of nystatin. Everybody is different, some may need more and others may need less.

And here is the Candida cleanse protocol.

Happy and productive cleansing! :)

Thanks Keit, I obviously wasn't up to speed on this subject and my search was done in a haste. I appreciate the 'free ride', I owe you one. :)

Aragorn said:
Thanks Keit, I obviously wasn't up to speed on this subject and my search was done in a haste. I appreciate the 'free ride', I owe you one. :)

Yeah, thanks. I've been preparing to do the anti-candida regimen soon. I was just going to buy the "Candida Cleanse" from Now foods. The nystatin protocol looks pretty intimidating. I also have been eating the shortbread biscuits and want to make some more baked goods before I do it :P, but that is the candida speaking. I should be looking at meat recipes.

3D Student said:
Aragorn said:

Yeah, thanks. I've been preparing to do the anti-candida regimen soon. I was just going to buy the "Candida Cleanse" from Now foods. The nystatin protocol looks pretty intimidating.

I recently did 2 weeks of nystatin. I had at first a strong metallic taste in my mouth and then some loss of taste buds as well, but I kept going as it felt as a die-off symptom. After a few days the metallic taste disappeared and my taste buds recovered and after a week, I completed the whole therapy.

The first time I did it, I took nystatin for 4 weeks with excellent results. At that time I didn't had any problem with my taste buds. But since then, I completed a mercury detox which tends to "release" candida.

I noticed that Mark Hyman pretty much recommends only a couple of weeks and that's it, which I also feel is a good time. But for those who have very bad candida problems, I would recommend to follow the protocol quoted above.

Psyche said:
I recently did 2 weeks of nystatin. I had at first a strong metallic taste in my mouth and then some loss of taste buds as well, but I kept going as it felt as a die-off symptom. After a few days the metallic taste disappeared and my taste buds recovered and after a week, I completed the whole therapy.

The first time I did it, I took nystatin for 4 weeks with excellent results. At that time I didn't had any problem with my taste buds. But since then, I completed a mercury detox which tends to "release" candida.

I noticed that Mark Hyman pretty much recommends only a couple of weeks and that's it, which I also feel is a good time. But for those who have very bad candida problems, I would recommend to follow the protocol quoted above.

I will be starting nystatin one more time and wondering what should be the dosage.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9796.msg89268#msg89268 said:
-Dose: 1/8 teaspoon 4 times a day for 2 weeks.
1/4 teaspoon 4 times daily for 2 weeks.
1/2 teaspoon 4 times daily for 1 month.
this is for 2 months dosage and I was thinking of starting with 1/4 teaspoon/4 times a day. that should be fine I guess. This will be 3rd time last 2 yrs.

seek10 said:
this is for 2 months dosage and I was thinking of starting with 1/4 teaspoon/4 times a day. that should be fine I guess. This will be 3rd time last 2 yrs.

That sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom