Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

After reading a few different sites about the anti-candida diet, it seems that squash IS on the menu, so I got some on the way home to have with my dinner. It's winter squash, or hard squash and I really enjoyed it. I had it steamed, with salt and pepper and olive oil on. I think it makes a nice substitution for sweet potato and I can't wait to try it roasted.

You get a lot out of one squash too, and apparently, they'll last for a few months in the kitchen before you cut them up and cook them.

Added: Handy Tip of the day

They call it hard squash for a reason! It's not easy to cut, but I found a solution on youtube. Poke some small holes all the way around it with the tip of a knife and then put it in the microwave for 2mins. When it comes out it's softened just enough to make it easy to cut and peel.

Spagetthi squash is really good if you eat it with spagetthi sauce. It comes out like noodles when it is cooked.

I grow a garden whenever i can in calgary,Canada.What would be some good things that i could grow that would help with detox?

Just looked up winter squash on the net and found it interesting that in Australia we call these pumpkins of one sort or another. I think there may be other names for fruit, veg and herbs that I get confused with so I'll start looking them up. :huh:

If anyone else is aware of other 'twin names' for foods on different continents it would be great to read about them.

Laura said:
Even now, after a couple years being very careful with my diet, I can't have much of anything sweet. - like you, I can feel it pretty quick. I use xylitol in my tea and when we bake, and that seems to help a lot. I don't think my issue is candida at this point, sweets just simply inflame me, mess up my insulin, give me palpitations and so on. Not pleasant. And when I say sweets, I mean fruits and that sort of thing. I have to think of dried fruit and any other kind the same way I think about sugary stuff.

Wondering about cooked fruit. Could be the same as with the cooked vegetables and cereals in order to remove the evil lectins, or maybe a way to transform fructose in this case, or anything along this line?

Usually I eat quite a number of cooked apples and pears during the winter season, at supper time. Last winter at some point I've stopped eating the cooked apples because something wasn't right anyway, and sometimes I've felt constipated. With pears instead there seems to be no reaction, at least a noticeable one in a short period of time and furthermore I've usually eaten them just at the end of a meal, maybe not the right approach at all.

Anybody else tried?

Hi everyone.

I just found creepy photos of Candida in the wild :|
I don't wanna scare you but be prepared that it is not a nice view.
All photos presented on a linked website are definitely motivating - at least for me ....

__http://www.gastrolab.net/ku02.htm

drygol, thanks for the link.

My wife has had trouble swallowing for a couple of months now. Doc has had her taking a "reflux" pill, which has been discussed on the forum as very bad/dangerous.

I talked her out of taking the medication, and now with these photos from the link I am hoping that an anti-candida diet and or supplementation may be a cure.

Thanks for the link

Quite often, serious reflux is due to eating grains and carbs.

Laura said:

I had a pretty serious reflux problem, I quit eating gluten and most grains except quinoa and brown rice and I would still get reflux, I quit dairy and haven't had any problems with reflux since and feel great! :D

I don't now whether it was posted before but just in case I`ll post it. I found that quite interesting that this fungi is used in chocolate production :scared:.
This is one of pathogens that causes candidosis.

src:__http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candida_krusei

Candida krusei is a budding yeast (a species of fungus) involved in chocolate production. Candida krusei is an emerging fungal nosocomial pathogen primarily found in the immunocompromised and those with hematological malignancies. It has natural resistance to fluconazole, a standard antifungal agent. It is most often found in patients who have had prior fluconazole exposure, sparking debate and conflicting evidence as to whether fluconazole should be used prophylactically. Mortality due to krusei fungemia is much higher than the more common albicans. Other Candida species fit this profile as well: parapsilosis, glabrata, tropicalis, guillermondii, and rugosa.

Krusei can be successfully treated with voriconazole, amphotericin B, and the echinocandins micafungin, caspofungin, and anidulafungin.

Good to know about what causes my reflux. I will often cook fruit with sugar, Although i suppose sugar is no good. Does cooking it really convert the sugars?

kawika said:
Laura said:

I had a pretty serious reflux problem, I quit eating gluten and most grains except quinoa and brown rice and I would still get reflux, I quit dairy and haven't had any problems with reflux since and feel great! :D

Pretty much the same here. I had serious reflux problems. Once I eliminated the gluten, dairy, sugar and corn, I had no more reflux. I even quit the med for it and had only a slight recurrence for a couple of day. It was long after the fact that I found out you are not supposed to quit the meds cold turkey. :-[ However, even after quitting the med, the recurrence was not as bad as the actual problem had been at the start.

Diet definitely has a lot to do with our health problems. I have no doubt in my mind. And it certainly was the cause of my acid reflux problem.

People get reflux because the food they eat is too hard for them to digest.

Betaine Hydrochloride will clear that up nicely, without having to alter the diet too drastically. I have been taking 2,000 mg(1 650 mg capsule with each meal) a day and the results are much better than I ever hoped for. People are really starting to notice the changes taking place with my body and want to know what I am doing.

I have also cut out most gluten and dairy.

Why not trying pure vitamin C ?
I think I mentioned it already in one of threads here.
The only condition for it to work is that it has to be PURE L-ascorbic acid (which is Vitamin C).
In my case , taking more than 5g in one shot , starts a super clearing procedure if I can call it that way :D :D :D
Also one should be careful to not overdose it since it might promote dehydration.
First benefit is that it is Vitamin C , second that it is Acid so it helps to dissolve/digest stuff.
I`ve never had a reflux so maybe I am totally wrong - keep that in mind.
But thinking logically , this might help big time.

Hi Laura - just read your excellent advice on diet in general and detoxing in particular - it doesn't take a genius to know we all need to be conscious of this issue, preferably detoxing continuously and switch on our avoidance behaviours.

Just finished a weeks course of MMS with Jim Humble. Very interesting and as for detoxing in general, well worth incorporating, even if you only use it (chlorine dioxide) to clean the teeth/mouth area. Humble believes it has value in detoxing too - just another item to consider. He has established better protocols (more human friendly) and will let you know how I do with MSS1000.

Back
Top Bottom