Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

webglider said:
I think I can answer my own question about medicinal mushrooms such as shiitake and maitake mushrooms.

Hey webglider. Well, mushrooms are fungus and will feed candida. However, the mushrooms you mention, as well as rishi mushrooms, are known to boost the immune system. Maybe this is something you'd like to investigate further?

Nathan said:
3. You need to find a bread that contains no wheat or gluten. Rye and flaxseed contain both.

Rye does contain gluten, but flaxseed doesn't - flaxseed oil is actually recommended during the diet.
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10573.msg80285#msg80285

So you can definitely use flaxseeds and/or flaxseed oil.

Lúthien said:
Rye does contain gluten, but flaxseed doesn't - flaxseed oil is actually recommended during the diet.
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10573.msg80285#msg80285

So you can definitely use flaxseeds and/or flaxseed oil.

Sorry, I should've been clearer. I was talking about flaxseed bread, not flaxseed itself.

Kniall said:
Hi Puzzle,

You'll find that an anti-candida diet and the Ultra Diet are largely compatible. Once you've established a routine that reduces the candida-loving foods, it's only a matter of making small adjustments to commence the Ultra Diet.

Okay, I see. It's just that I wanted - while doing an anti-candida diet - to eliminate other harmful stuff at the same time. I've been gluten-free for many months, sugar-free for the last few years (okay, during x-mas I had two slips, but staying off sugar ain't hard for me), been off coffee for I think already a month or more. What I've been eating all this while is fish, vegetables, fruit, nuts and sunflower seeds, and sometimes brown rice. My intake of fruit has always been too high (I especially love dried figs and dates), thus the candida overgrowth. I see I need to eliminate nuts as well, but eliminating sunflower seeds would be a pity.
Very unfortunate is that I can't afford a sauna blanket, but I'll do as much as I can now (supplements and diet) and maybe I'll be able to afford the blanket some day.

Trevrizent said:
Puzzle, there is a post by Odyssey that indicates a testing procedure that indicates if a food or drink is something that your body thinks is good for you - it seems to work for me - the link is www.ladybarbara.net/html/self-testing.html You may, or may not, find this as a useful start point for deciding on different foods, etc, before doing the elimination test.

That sounds interesting, thanks for the link, Trevrizent, I've printed the method out and will test it, and report back on my results. Thanks!

I find the self-testing programme useful when I'm tempted by G-F etc commercial products (bread, wraps etc) in the supermarket. It's amazing how much gets rejected on what is supposedly 'good'.

Does anyone know if heavy metals leach into the body from braces? I once found something that seemed to indicate that this was the case, but I never was able to find the article again, or anything else related to the topic.

Trevizent said:
Puzzle, there is a post by Odyssey that indicates a testing procedure that indicates if a food or drink is something that your body thinks is good for you - it seems to work for me - the link is www.ladybarbara.net/html/self-testing.html You may, or may not, find this as a useful start point for deciding on different foods, etc, before doing the elimination test.

I have a question about this method, though: when you test foods in supermarkets, they are generally wrapped in something (plastic, cardboard, tin, whatever). So, how do you know what your body is responding to (the food itself or the 'wrapping')? I've seen many bodies respond negatively to plastic, but for example not to the food that was contained in that plastic. You can also have a 'no' for carboard because your body reacts to the inks on it or to the cardboard itself (or the chemicals that were used on it) but it is fine with the food that's in it.

I guess my question is: how do you know what you are testing? I'm interested to know because I seek to know more about kinesiology, muscle testing and not a lot of books cover that subject properly.

Also, it seems to me that self-test is always a bit less reliable than being tested by someone else, since the person testing herself has expectations about the product.
When I test myself for, say, milk chocolate with nuts, I always test strong (!), but if a colleague does it for me, surprise surprise, it's no good for me. In the first case, maybe I'm biased (probably :P), but sometimes I wonder if it's just not my candida talking through the test...

Mrs Tigersoap, I'm not sure that I'm the best person to answer your questions.

I, too, had similar thoughts re packaging, and decided to err on the side of caution. I may be missing out! So far, whatever has tested positive for all four locations, and subjected to the elimination/reaction test has proved ok. I seem to have few sensitivities. We are all different and after all, testing is subjective. I did check with my unconscious mind and had confirmation that I was testing the food and not the packaging. You may well be correct about your 'candida talking through the test'. I know too little about kinesiology to comment on this. For instance, I was unaware that you could test by proxy.

I appreciate that this reply may be of little help to you.

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
I guess my question is: how do you know what you are testing? I'm interested to know because I seek to know more about kinesiology, muscle testing and not a lot of books cover that subject properly.

Also, it seems to me that self-test is always a bit less reliable than being tested by someone else, since the person testing herself has expectations about the product.
When I test myself for, say, milk chocolate with nuts, I always test strong (!), but if a colleague does it for me, surprise surprise, it's no good for me. In the first case, maybe I'm biased (probably :P), but sometimes I wonder if it's just not my candida talking through the test...

I am not an expert on that but as an hypothesis i would say that we have to ask precisely for the product and be very precise in asking our question. Moreover if we want that our body responds to our question maybe we should ask to our higher self the question in mentioning to answer through our body.

So, i would go with something like " To my higher self, could you tell me in answering through my body if the product includes in that box or can or bottle or ... is good for my health on all levels (physical, emotional...).

Gandalf said:
I am not an expert on that but as an hypothesis i would say that we have to ask precisely for the product and be very precise in asking our question. Moreover if we want that our body responds to our question maybe we should ask to our higher self the question in mentioning to answer through our body.

So, i would go with something like " To my higher self, could you tell me in answering through my body if the product includes in that box or can or bottle or ... is good for my health on all levels (physical, emotional...).

I think the most likely problem with this approach is that the vast majority of people cannot get their conscious mind 'out of the way' of their 'higher self' (if they have one). So, while they think they are asking their 'higher self', their conscious mind answers. The body is much wiser than the conscious mind and, to my understanding, this type of muscle testing can absolutely respond to the container, inks, etc. - which is why it is so important to try to test a single ingredient at a time in a glass container or just in your hand.

Testing packaged products in the supermarket becomes problematic, but how many packaged products in the supermarket should you really be eating anyway?

I must say I agree with Anart. I see that the better you get cleansed (detox, de-programming, etc.), the better your test becomes. That's why even at 'kinesiology school' we get urged to work on ourselves all the time. My teacher in Kinesiology was, as often in the energetics field, into love and light and she was always sure of what she tested because she was asking her 'higher self' or did everything 'for the highest good of the person'. It's only by reading this forum that I understood how dangerous that idea actually is. As Anart said, the unconscious mind very often comes first.

Sometimes I'm really puzzled as to what answers the test exactly: I once tested for a lady the best Internet options for her (so as not to be a problem for her system/metabolism). She hesitated between cable and wifi. I tested and wifi was preferred. I was flabbergasted. I asked if she should wear silk or anything like that (as advised by the C's) but no, wifi was fine, nothing to worry about... I still don't know what answered there, but it defied all logic.

Also, when there are attachments, they will get in the way of the testing too, in my (and my colleagues') experience. We also learn in K. class that one should always have their meridians balanced before testing anything otherwise the testing is not as reliable. To do so, you can tap on the thymus, or hold certain key meridian points, etc. I found that this balance tends to be very flimsy in supermarkets (I tried to test a lot of things before buying when I first learned muscle testing, especially since my way of testing is very discrete: I test on my little finger), probably because of the bright neon lights, the smells, the noise, etc. It's difficult testing in such an environment.

That's why I was so interested on how well people using this technique are doing, because I want to deprogram myself as much as possible about false ideas we are taught in 'Kinesiology school'.Thanks everyone for your input. I'm really motivated to find out more about all that.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

Mrs Tigersoap said:
... my way of testing is very discrete: I test on my little finger

When I'm testing, even in the wholefood co-operative store, I just go for it 'full blooded' - anything but discrete. So far, no-one has commented on it, or batted an eyelid.

Many years ago when I first started communicating with my unconscious mind, it was necessary to calibrate the answers and to build up trust, as initially the unconscious mind may well answer how it thinks you want it to answer. It is the same whether using a pendulum or ideomotor signals. Perhaps this was the case with the milk chocolate bar with nuts for you, or not!?!

Trevizent said:

I've used this method only a few times with varied results. For instance I tested both for and against tobacco. But it was done at different times of day and with different types. Also I think I remember reading that your body may not think it is good at the time but maybe wants the substance at a different time. Also, I agree with the others as you can be emotionally invested in the answer which can influence the result. Mostly, I just try to merge what I've read and how my body responds always keeping in mind that the more you are detoxed the clearer the cues will be.

I've also tried a variation of this self testing method:

alternatives4arthritis.com/testing.html
Pulse Test:
Another way to test for food allergies is the pulse test. To do the pulse test:
Take your pulse before eating.
Take your pulse by placing two or three fingers of one hand about an inch below the thumb of the other hand. Count the beats for a full minute. For this test it is not adequate to time 30 seconds and multiply by two. After taking your pulse, place a piece of the test food in your mouth. Hold it there for two minutes and take your pulse again. If your pulse goes up 4 beats, you are sensitive to the food and should only eat it occasionally. If it goes up 8 beats or more, you are definitely allergic.

I tried this with almonds but I actually just at a handful on an empty stomach after taking my pulse then waited for 20 minutes and retook my pulse. There was no significant difference in my pulse. But I'll keep experimenting with this method.

Trivizent said:

I just ate some cabbage I'd made after feeling hungry for a while and noticed soon after that I didn't feel too good. Then I came across the above--a little synchronicity :) and immediately tried it out with some of the cabbage scraps from preparation...I leaned back most definitely. I was afraid this would be the case because it is one of the veggies I crave. Damn! I tested it a few times to be sure, too. I tried some broccoli and it seemed to be positive, though there was a bit of swaying. After the cabbage, I may be psychologicallly clinging to one of my other faves. I'm not sure if aversion to one cruciferous veggie should mean an aversion to all, but I do particularly like them

I tried some other things and my body seems to like tomatoes, garlic and heavy cream (yea!) but did not like some of the more obviously toxic foods. I plan to go on the UltraSimple diet soon and will still compile more conclusive data by adding in things to see how I feel, but the self-testing is pretty compelling, too, so I'll utilize it, as well.

Back
Top Bottom