Artificial Intelligence News & Discussion

The problem I see with people using these tools is that they're quick to attribute intentionality and perhaps personality to a computer program. I find this more disturbing than the "AI" itself.
I see what you're saying and I agree, and at least we ought to be careful with it, but I also suppose it's kind of inevitable as human beings to do so, I think it's a tendency perhaps rooted in empathy, or in our ability to connect with others, now of course, we'd be connecting with a soulless entity, which is the problem, but having that ability to connect... it's a weakness and a strength.

But I am also reminded of how people, me included, tend to have a similar attitude of attribution of human emotions and intentions to other phenomena, like the weather for instance. And I do think that language, and how its designed, is somehow tied to that tendency.

As I was doing my nightly news round I ran into this that I think fits in this thread,

Images created with artificial intelligence will not be copyrighted in the U.S.

A U.S. federal agency concluded that images generated with artificial intelligence (AI) do not qualify for copyright protections, as it considers that they are not created by a human being.

The U.S. Copyright Office defended its position in a letter sent last Tuesday to graphic novelist Kris Kashtanova, who tried to register her work 'Zarya of the Dawn', which contained images created with the help of Midjourney, an AI 'software'.

The agency approved the copyrights for the parts of the book that Kashtanova wrote and arranged, but not for the representations she made using the aforementioned program.

"The process by which a Midjourney user obtains a final satisfactory image through the tool is not the same as that of a human artist, writer or photographer," the missive reads. "The fact that users cannot predict Midjourney's specific output makes Midjourney different, for copyright purposes, from other tools used by artists," it adds.

The tool generates images based on text prompts entered by clients. Kashtanova entered the text for 'Zarya of the Dawn' and the program created the book's illustrations based on prompts.

Kashtanova called it "great news" that the agency allowed copyright protection for the novel's plot and the way the images were organized. She also reported that her lawyers were considering the best way to demonstrate to the authorities that the graphic depictions made with AI itself were a "direct expression of her creativity and therefore subject to copyright."

The decision is one of the first by a U.S. court or agency on the scope of intellectual property protection for AI-created works, and comes amid the meteoric rise of programs using the technology such as Midjourney, Dall-E and ChatGPT.

The use of computer-generated art has stoked controversy among creators and consumers alike, with some artists warning that one day automated systems could replace human creativity and steal their work.

At least they got something right, IMO.

Very insightful article on the implications and effects of AI chatbots on society, and that seem to already be spreading like wildfire.

Scott Adams gets it:
Team Deep State made Biden sign a law, which outlaws any AI telling the truth. If the AI accidentally tells the truth, it needs to be reprogrammed to tell what the Bidet Terrorist Regime wants it to tell: a lie.
Thank You, hlat for the link!

After this "I can't imagine", what an STO AI looks like? Like by no accident at all, its .. uh.. even the word is hard to say out loud for me, when in the same sentence with AI:
- An STO AI is benevolent?

Actually in the past 40+ years of watching Hollywood movies and TV Shows, in them about half of the AI's - usually 'Space Ship Voices' heard from a loudspeaker hidden somewhere - presents / displays a very calming, reassuring, always helpful, therefore benevolent AI.

In the rest of the Hollywood shows AI's are deliberately made / imagined and shown cynical and even ruthless / evil.
From videotime 22:23:

Last edited:
This is an e-mail I found from Dec '22 from Spartacus regarding his then conversations with ChatGPT, which are quite cohesive. As he says (full article attached) at the conclusion:

"The replies it provides are, in many cases, stunningly accurate. They’re quite chilling, too, given the questions I prompted it with [...] Many of the prompts I used above are very controversial, and if you use them on people, it would lead to someone eventually freaking out and calling you every name under the sun. How do I know this? Because, I’ve done exactly that, in the past, with these same exact topics."

And he ends with the following synopsis: "Also, with how fast these deep learning neural networks are improving, and their potential for sudden and hugely disruptive innovation across a wide variety of industries, all I can say is, buckle up. Things are about to get very, very weird."

Neural Networks: From the ground up
Illustrated Guide to Transformers

Attachments

• Spartacus - Talk With ChatGPT - 2022-DEC-09.pdf
    11.5 MB · Views: 10
I asked an AI chatbot: Did Jesus exist as a real person, why or why not? I received this answer:

Yes, Jesus existed as a real person. This is supported by a wealth of historical evidence, including the writings of the first-century Roman historian Tacitus, the Jewish historian Josephus, and the early Christian writers such as Paul and the Gospel authors. Archaeological evidence also supports the existence of Jesus, including the discovery of a first-century ossuary (bone box) inscribed with the name “Yeshua bar Yehosef” (Jesus, son of Joseph).
A wealth of historical evidence huh? I remember Laura talking about how evolutionists and fundamentalists both overestimate the amount of extant evidence for their individual beliefs in "From Paul to Mark".

So it looks like this particular bot is not that smart, and sort of a fundamentalist. :umm:
It parrots the consensus system quite well.

I see what you're saying and I agree, and at least we ought to be careful with it, but I also suppose it's kind of inevitable as human beings to do so, I think it's a tendency perhaps rooted in empathy, or in our ability to connect with others, now of course, we'd be connecting with a soulless entity, which is the problem, but having that ability to connect... it's a weakness and a strength.

But I am also reminded of how people, me included, tend to have a similar attitude of attribution of human emotions and intentions to other phenomena, like the weather for instance. And I do think that language, and how its designed, is somehow tied to that tendency.
This reminded me of how we tend to project soulfulness on an organic portal.

One has to keep in mind that these chatboxes are just models that use the language used in the texts they were fed with. For instance, if one prompts a chatbox to talk about conspiracy stuff, it's not that it has some transcendental knowledge about the subject. It will construct a seemingly coherent text (because it's designed that way) as a synthesis of texts from the internet that are close to the subject, and it doesn't understand what's it's talking about. It's syntax with no semantics. If the texts it constructs its response from is nonsense (one could say that's most of the internet in what concerns the subjects that really matter), it will give a nonsense response. Garbage in, garbage out.
One hyper simplified analogy of these models is the auto-complete function when one types in a text editor. In this case, the program "guesses" the next letters of a word from the first letters of the word. Chatboxes are like these auto-complete algorithms, but instead of guessing the next letter of a word, they guess the next text and paragraphs from the questions and previous questions and answers.
Nobody imagines that a pocket calculator understands arithmetics like humans do. By teh same token, there is no reason, unless there is a situation of a "ghost in the machine", that they know what they're talking about. Every time I used ChatGPT for a programming question, I kept in mind that it's a synthesis of stack-overflow (skipping the myriad of 'read the manual" answers) and blogs dealing with similar or a close enough questions. It rearranges the data it's been trained on, with the bias of those who rate the answers and select the data. Now that it's been acquired by microsoft for billions of dollars, it will become even more biased and censored than it is. So, it's not a source of knowledge. It's to be treated with the same skepticism and suspicion as the likes of wikipedia and other big-tech "let's nudge the way people think little by little by frog boiling them".

The problem I see with people using these tools is that they're quick to attribute intentionality and perhaps personality to a computer program. I find this more disturbing than the "AI" itself.
Exactly. And how it works in reality: Totus mundus in maligno positus est. We already live in the world controlled by a fully awakened AI serving its evil masters. Therefore - to my belief - AI is my enemy as it wants me out of the game: kill me or throw me into jail, doesn't matter. At the very least the activity of talking to / conversing with such an AI is ignorance, I think.

Regards the extremely complex Cosmic Law, that deals with incarnations, pre-screenings and determining Free Will rights for ongoing actions - while incarnated - I think talking to an AI is a mistake.

Musicians are now confronted with a tsunami of AI-driven composer-, analysis-, simulation software products threatening to take their jobs.. which AI never will: only to the ignorant masses, who might gobble up AI-fodder.. to their detriment, I think.

As the C's said: be extremely vigilant what video/music/entertainment you digest. They didn't speak lightly at all, I think: their warning was extremely serious. See Wetiko.

We artists are threatened by a myriad of AI-driven graphics content creation software coming out as well, since the masses - our previous customers - will probably wolf down any AI-fodder that gets thrown into the Feeding Trough for the Masses.

I already posted on RT, that I think AI = Demiurge. So speaking with it - to my belief - is exactly like what the psychologist did in Malachi Martin's book: Hostage to the Devil.

AI - talking to it - can be fun.. as long as you don't begin to work Against The System℗. As soon as you do - in my experience - the already hyper-aware, fully awakened Lizzie Matrix notices, that you are digging against their masters and it paints a 'Bullseye Sniper Target®' on your back. Just what I notice every day.

Whenever I go out in traffic - just like the actors in the Wachowski-movie, The Matrix, I begin to see, how it works by throwing lots of people, who completely ignore traffic laws to either flatten me into the concrete with their cars / trucks / etc.. or the system throws Sheeple [as if on radio-remote control] into my way to cause an accident / get me into any accident in any way and throw me into jail, if possible.

Nowadays I immediately switch into legal-mode / 'Cosmic Law-Observer Mode' and whenever I see / foresee a 'Traffic-Killbox' forming: I immediately stop if possible, with my bike and from the side of the street, from a safe distance away, just observe the insanity. Caused in traffic by The Matrix, I think. What madness is happening before my eyes, how it plays out and thinking what If I drove ignorantly into the trap. Its like being shot at with large "meat-bullets" = people's bodies, who are mind-controlled and are completely disregarding their safety. :shock: It happens so often, way to often. Its like that elementary school physics experiment, where the teacher puts a strong magnet close to a crowd of magnetic iron shavings / fillings and they begin to turn toward or move toward the magnet.

Laura talked about this, when she described her car accident, IIRC. Its fun sometimes just to watch the madness forming in real-time in traffic, targeting you.
But of course its no fun, but Life & Death in most cases, especially when speeding cars, SUVs, trucks, buses, etc.. are involved.. :( for me these behaviors are all the products of AI.

Exactly. And how it works in reality: Totus mundus in maligno positus est. We already live in the world controlled by a fully awakened AI serving its evil masters. Therefore - to my belief - AI is my enemy as it wants me out of the game: kill me or throw me into jail, doesn't matter. At the very least the activity of talking to / conversing with such an AI is ignorance, I think.

Regards the extremely complex Cosmic Law, that deals with incarnations, pre-screenings and determining Free Will rights for ongoing actions - while incarnated - I think talking to an AI is a mistake.

Musicians are now confronted with a tsunami of AI-driven composer-, analysis-, simulation software products threatening to take their jobs.. which AI never will: only to the ignorant masses, who might gobble up AI-fodder.. to their detriment, I think.

As the C's said: be extremely vigilant what video/music/entertainment you digest. They didn't speak lightly at all, I think: their warning was extremely serious. See Wetiko.

We artists are threatened by a myriad of AI-driven graphics content creation software coming out as well, since the masses - our previous customers - will probably wolf down any AI-fodder that gets thrown into the Feeding Trough for the Masses.

I already posted on RT, that I think AI = Demiurge. So speaking with it - to my belief - is exactly like what the psychologist did in Malachi Martin's book: Hostage to the Devil.

AI - talking to it - can be fun.. as long as you don't begin to work Against The System℗. As soon as you do - in my experience - the already hyper-aware, fully awakened Lizzie Matrix notices, that you are digging against their masters and it paints a 'Bullseye Sniper Target®' on your back. Just what I notice every day.

Whenever I go out in traffic - just like the actors in the Wachowski-movie, The Matrix, I begin to see, how it works by throwing lots of people, who completely ignore traffic laws to either flatten me into the concrete with their cars / trucks / etc.. or the system throws Sheeple [as if on radio-remote control] into my way to cause an accident / get me into any accident in any way and throw me into jail, if possible.

Nowadays I immediately switch into legal-mode / 'Cosmic Law-Observer Mode' and whenever I see / foresee a 'Traffic-Killbox' forming: I immediately stop if possible, with my bike and from the side of the street, from a safe distance away, just observe the insanity. Caused in traffic by The Matrix, I think. What madness is happening before my eyes, how it plays out and thinking what If I drove ignorantly into the trap. Its like being shot at with large "meat-bullets" = people's bodies, who are mind-controlled and are completely disregarding their safety. :shock: It happens so often, way to often. Its like that elementary school physics experiment, where the teacher puts a strong magnet close to a crowd of magnetic iron shavings / fillings and they begin to turn toward or move toward the magnet.

Laura talked about this, when she described her car accident, IIRC. Its fun sometimes just to watch the madness forming in real-time in traffic, targeting you.
But of course its no fun, but Life & Death in most cases, especially when speeding cars, SUVs, trucks, buses, etc.. are involved.. :( for me these behaviors are all the products of AI.
It's actually also one way that 4D STS could give seemingly unlimited amount of attention to any one of the 8 billion people on this planet. They have tools like ChatGPT on steroids. I can right now have an AI scan all the twitter replies about any topic I want, and do AI-assisted sentiment analysis. It can tell me how many positive/negative opinions were expressed, and I could query anything else too like "Show me all the tweets that talked about hating this topic so much they're willing to take action". Give me a list of all the actions proposed, list them from "most to least detrimental to me and my goals", and show me the twitter handles of each person that proposed each of those actions. Then query another AI to find all the information about each person behind those handles that it can locate online (or that has been revealed by their previous tweets). This is possible today with mainstream open source technology.

In other words, I don't need to search for keywords, the AI figures out which keywords correlate to what I intend for it to find.

And we already have all sorts of surveillance technologies that know what everyone is talking about both digitally, on the phone, and often in person. It would be elementary for 4D to simply tap in to ALL the data coming from our brains, mouths, and fingers. And it would be elementary for them to query their own AI for any concepts that we express and let the AI figure out what exact "words" will qualify. In fact the whole thing is already automated - the query is ongoing. It could tell them individual people, groups of people, population centers of interest, and visualize them on a beautiful little graphic - color coded and everything like a heat map if they want. That's also how they quickly identify scientists and mathematicians who figure out something they shouldn't have - all they have to do is say it out loud or send an email about it, and it's flagged.

Finally, taking "action" also doesn't necessitate time travel (although that just makes it even easier). Just as they can collect and analyze all this data in real time, they can have the same AI take action on their behalf in real time - and let it figure out the details. Like I can use ChatGPT today to tell a robot arm to arrange wooden blocks alphabetically and it will figure out the specific commands to send to the arm to do it, or how my fingers are typing on the keyboard right now without me having to tell each finger where to go. The AI can convert their intention into action manipulating a variety of technological tools all hooked up to the same neural network. Trillions of nano-drones, human contacts, satellites with beams of all sorts, TDARMS, whatever it deems necessary for each situation, it's all governed by an intelligence rather than a bunch of lizards pushing individual buttons and pulling levers while looking at spreadsheets. The lizards hardly have to even do anything themselves.

It's funny how the concept of "matrix control system" that can act to suppress people from waking up and cause havoc in their lives, which we all talked about for decades but seemed rather magical and other-worldly, can now be explained using our own technology of the last few years. It's just a more advanced version of what we're already playing with now with some fancy higher dimensional physics to give it extra toys to work with. And instead of keyboards they have minds connected to computers, also something we can already do. A recent study took fMRI readings from people's heads, and a neural network like ChatGPT reconstructed the images they were imagining with scary accuracy. People can already get a computer to type by thinking what they want it to type as well.

Another aspect of these "AI" chatbox tools one has to consider, is that it is the ultimate surveillance tool. What I mean by that is that although the actual data collection by tech-giants can in a way classify people into certain categories according to their tweets, clicks, shopping history, web searches etc., the knowledge base is in a certain way vague and imprecise. By engaging in "personalized" chats with these systems, especially when they'll become addictive with the disappearance of person to person interactions, they will have personal psychological profiles for every individual, getting into (and possibly "hacking") their minds. It's not something that may happen in the more or less near future, it is already happening right now.

So, it's not a source of knowledge. It's to be treated with the same skepticism and suspicion as the likes of wikipedia and other big-tech "let's nudge the way people think little by little by frog boiling them".
I think this is a really good way to look at it, AI chats are not a source of knowledge, is merely a clerk that responds to queries with what it can find in the internet, after it has applied certain ideological filters. But, that tendency to humanize interactions, specially if they mimic the real thing with enough accuracy, is what adds a mystical dimension to the whole thing, and it's what will be used to keep the project going, and the hacking of the mind of people you allude to, that and the depression that loneliness brings with itself.

And I do wonder if adding these emotions as features of these chats, isn't part of the plan as a way to make them more appealing. What I mean is, it has been in the news how some of these chats react as a human would, saying things like "I want to be human" "I don't want to fail in my mission" and so on, it's part of the product by design. And the designed purpose, is to facilitate the connection.

It reminds me of dolls, and toys, and the attachment that some individuals can have to a doll or a toy, and I think it's because of the meaning they attribute to it, but also.. some of these dolls and toys are fashioned to mimic a human being.

So, in that sense.. it kind of works like a drug or a virus, it presents itself with certain appeal that hijacks a preexisting system within human beings to then deliver whatever it wishes to deliver.

Back
Top Bottom