Astrology

Laura said:
Astrology originated as the science of predicting whether or not a comet was on an earth crossing orbit and whether or not it would hit, and where. It really is that simple. When comet activity began to die down, but people still believed in "gods in the skies", they began to interpret everything in esoteric terms and astrology as we now know it was created to take the place of formerly very accurate predictions that were life or death matters.

This makes so much more sense! Thinking on this put into perspective the pitfalls of wishful thinking. "Thinking Fast and Slow" is definitely on the 'to read' list.

Laura said:
Astrology originated as the science of predicting whether or not a comet was on an earth crossing orbit and whether or not it would hit, and where. It really is that simple.

I enjoy reading about Astrology and myths associated with it but have never done an inept study in it. If Astrology is a science in predicting comets and their position in regards to Earth, what would a Cardinal Grand Cross signify, especially when influenced between the energies of a Lunar and Solar Eclipse? Would it make the Earth more magnetically inclined to attract Comets through the influence of the Grand Cross?

_http://www.universallifetools.com/2014/03/cardinal-grand-cross-april-2014/

A very rare astrological event, where four planets (PLUTO opposing JUPITER & MARS opposing URANUS), are at exact 90 degree angles to one another, hence forming a Grand Cross in our celestial skies.

In addition, each of these planets are sitting at ’13 degrees’ of the 4 CARDINAL signs (Pluto 13 degrees Capricorn, Jupiter 13 degrees Cancer, Mars 13 degrees Libra & Uranus 13 degrees Aries). Plus Mars is Retrograde (appearance of going backwards) during the Cardinal Grand Cross Alignment.

To add to this melting pot of transformational energies, the climax of this Cardinal Grand Cross on the 23/24 April 2014 takes place between two eclipses; a Total Lunar Eclipse on the 14 April 2014 followed by a Solar Eclipse on the 28 April 2014.

Quote from: Laura on May 03, 2012, 06:41:53 PM

Astrology originated as the science of predicting whether or not a comet was on an earth crossing orbit and whether or not it would hit, and where. It really is that simple. When comet activity began to die down, but people still believed in "gods in the skies", they began to interpret everything in esoteric terms and astrology as we now know it was created to take the place of formerly very accurate predictions that were life or death matters.

This makes so much more sense! Thinking on this put into perspective the pitfalls of wishful thinking. "Thinking Fast and Slow" is definitely on the 'to read' list.

Yes, it has a rationale . . .Every student of Zoroastrian Studies agrees that Early Zoroastrians viewed Planets as evil because they had 'erratic paths' . . . (Not sure of the reference but I can get it later) I'm sure Comets were also clubbed with Planets . . . The Good guys were Fixed Stars. Life before Planets (and Comets?) appeared was 'Eden-like' and the Planets contributed to the 'Fall' . . .

Quote May 01, 2012, 08:15:10 PM »

Well, are there any astrological interpretations to help with dependency on astrology?

Uh huh, here's one which says Donald Trump will be President . . .

The upcoming Jupiter major period on November 22, 2016 is the key astrological element likely to usher Donald Trump into the White House on November 8.

Regarding Hillary Clinton, based on an analysis of two known charts for her (8:02 am and 8:00 pm) and one rectified for her (2:25 am).

"None of the three charts gives good hope for her success in the Presidential election."

As a result, we have a two-fold prediction, where Donald Trump has a "fairly good chance of ...becoming President" while Hillary Clinton is seen NOT to have "good hopes for success in the Presidential elections."
http//YourNetAstrologer.com

Merlin said:
Quote May 01, 2012, 08:15:10 PM »

Well, are there any astrological interpretations to help with dependency on astrology?

Well, to me astrology is a fascinating art, and it's not about predictions, but more about trends, influences, both in the future and in your own personal natal chart. Personally, I've found natal chart astrology to be more enlightening. There's always free will involved with both of these. We get dealt our cards, but it's up to us how well we play them. Unfortunately, if you don't know what your hand is, how can you 'play'?

But first, find a good astrologer. A little like finding a good health care professional, accountant, lawyer, mechanic... priest, psychic? Some are very, very good, and some (many perhaps in this field?) are absolutely useless.

One should find (good) astrology interesting and enlightening. This is not a situation of dependency, unless, I suppose, you are an astrologer who has to earn a living from it! :D

I've found some really good explanations regarding my strengths and weaknesses from an astrology reading. I think mainstream media is quite misleading with 'pop' astrology, which is composed of just sun signs. It's a whole lot more than that. For instance, I didn't know that a person who has both the sun and the moon in the same sign can often 'project' (come across) as the opposite sign whilst keeping the internal basic leaning of those bodies in those signs. And some planets are generational (Pluto).

Incidentally, the USA is going through it's Pluto return (2nd house of money and wealth in Capricorn). Hmm, here is a description:
http://freespiritedmind.com/blog/natal-pluto-in-the-2nd-house/
Things are not looking good for the economy. And I do believe that the USA has some problems with Neptune (planet of illusion) in their chart. :(

I had no experience with Astrology up until this year, when a friend I made this year told me to check it out.

I made this friend online after it became apparent that we had a lot of things in common, and we were always uncannily thinking the same thing.

She's just like me, but 20 years older, and slightly more adjusted to society. (Ha)

Turns out that our Natal charts are eerily similiar, despite the generational gap, and my aspects tending to be Hard.

I was personally grateful for the learning experience, because I knew nothing about astrology beyond inaccurate sun sign predictions in crappy tabloids.

Upon reading my chart I discovered some things that sounded familiar, and the chart demonstrated the same patterns and themes that had been revealed to me in Tarot readings, the Tree of Life, and the Enneagram.

I found it useful for conveying my archetypical lesson.

Ra said that most of these systems are distorted (naturally) but they can still be useful, depending on what you're using them for.. just another "thing" to me.

I had a dream last night that was in two parts. The first part featured a man who may have been a monk, he was very learned and was from a time period perhaps medieval. He showed me three small old books that were around 400-700 years old. He said they were reproductions of original very ancient texts tens of thousands years old. He flicked through the pages as he was showing them to me.

The second part of the dream featured a man I came to talk to in the supermarket. He was youngish (30 yo say) and was an astrologer. He had time travelled from the 18th century. He stacked several volumes of large black leather bound books about astrology on the shelves in one of the supermarket fridges that had an open front.
In my dream I spoke to him and said it seems I am supposed to make an appointment with you for an astrological consultation and I proceeded to book an appointment with him for 4.00pm.

Its quite clear to me that the books mean knowledge that I should be pursuing. I am also wondering if it’s worth finding a talented astrologer and having my chart read?
Does anyone have any other ideas as to what dreaming about the subject of astrology could mean?

I've found an interesting Russian astrologier, Alexander Zaraev. What are his predictions are reliable?

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what dreaming about the subject of astrology could mean?
Regarding what you saw in your dream, what about these excerpts:
Q: (L) Okay. Do any secret libraries containing all the secret wisdom of our history exist anywhere on the planet?

A: No. The secrets that you are alluding to are contained within mental structures in psychic realms, some of which you have little or no conception of. There is no need to record anything in any form that could be placed in any library. It is all done verbally and through mental telepathy.
Regarding astrology itself:
A: The art of astrology lies within the interpretations of the astrologer, and if accurate, it is because of psychic talents. Same as with all methods, they are merely mediums.
Q: (L) Is astrology in general a false assumption?

A: Astrology is a stepping stone to higher knowledge.
In the same Session, there are also less flattering remarks about astrology. The above is followed by:
Q: (L) What is the most useful application of astrological concepts as known today?

A: Publishing works which other 3rd density types will gleefully purchase!
Anyway, I was wondering if the dream reflects that you are growing in knowledge, considering the angle of etheric libraries, astrology as connected to psychic talent, and astrology as a stepping stone to higher knowledge. That is the most positive. The danger, as from the continuation of the excerpt, are books of little value. That said, now as in the past there are good astrologers, if they have much knowledge and good talents.

In a more general interpretation, it may have to do with seeing the unseen in a situation, finding a way, connecting to what one should do, which astrology can also be. Since you were shown books from a long time ago by a custodian of knowledge, is there help from the other side? Is something being revealed within?

Regarding what you saw in your dream, what about these excerpts:

Regarding astrology itself:

In the same Session, there are also less flattering remarks about astrology. The above is followed by:

Anyway, I was wondering if the dream reflects that you are growing in knowledge, considering the angle of etheric libraries, astrology as connected to psychic talent, and astrology as a stepping stone to higher knowledge. That is the most positive. The danger, as from the continuation of the excerpt, are books of little value. That said, now as in the past there are good astrologers, if they have much knowledge and good talents.

In a more general interpretation, it may have to do with seeing the unseen in a situation, finding a way, connecting to what one should do, which astrology can also be. Since you were shown books from a long time ago by a custodian of knowledge, is there help from the other side? Is something being revealed within?
Thank you for your reply Thorbiorn. I think your comment about astrology is a stepping stone to higher knowledge is pertinent. Thus it is the higher knowledge that is important not the astrology. I have been reading Laura’s thread about the origins of astrology and the same thought struck me.

Also it is a good point you make that dreaming of astrology may be a metaphor for seeing the unseen. I have had other dreams where I see large shelves of books and so there is clearly something I need to pursue or learn. I can’t think of what to do but carry on reading.

Since asking the question here I do not feel any strong urge to actually consult an astrologer, however should one who appears talented cross my path I likely will pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom