Atlantis

I have not studied the Atlantis mythology or historicity, so this is only a speculation. The area under the North Sea was a populated area 10,000 years ago when the sea levels were approximately 300 ft. below current levels. The area is called Doggerland by archeologists and geologists. I first heard of Doggerland in a DNA study of my family, which has a Y chromosome centered on coastal areas around the North Sea and drifting eastward along the Baltics and down the Volga in Russia to the Black Sea. Doggerland sank beneath the sea in a tsunami or alternatively sank beneath the sea as the ice melted from the last ice age.

It is difficult to imagine a planet with the oceans hundreds of feet lower than today and vast glaciers covering much of the interior of North America and Asia. This context seems essential to grasping the myth of Atlantis and how the memory of a lost civilization might have traveled from Northwestern Europe to ancient Greece. It seems possible that sea faring peoples settled up the great river systems carrying the melt of the great glaciers of Europe and Asia. I know little of this material, but thought someone with background and interest might find these thoughts useful.

tonosama said:
How about the Sott.net Article about the Atlantis fund in Spain. Described here and here with photos and videos. If this place stand under water than it will be Atlantic.
Very interesting.

Interresting articles in deed. But such places were found also in the republic dominican. It's like that they found some towns of the continent but not the continent itself.
The Atlanteans ruled the earth at that time, meaning they had some others dwellings that onto the continent itself. The same here apply to Lemuria as well in the pacific area.

After reading this, it's like to beleive that because you have found a town the size of SanFrancisco that you can link it that you have found the usa or where the usa continent was before it sank to the bottom of the sea. The seas rises so... if in a near future (a few thousand years) the archealogist find newyork will they think that they found the center of the usa? Do not think so!

Atlantis is at the bottom of the atlantic ocean where it sit right now. Yeah the towns were apart a few hundreds of miles if not thousands of miles but they had some transporation to cross those distances, so distance was not a factor of where to build such a town.

Hi Bricktal,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

Hi Vulcan,

thanks for the reminder. Was going thru with the new post before complying to my presentation.. you preceeded me here, that's all. :P

Approaching Infinity said:
I haven't finished reading his book ("Atlantis: The Lost Continent Finally Discovered"), but so far he presents some good evidence for the main continent/HQ of Atlantis being in the South China Sea, on the Sunda Shelf, which went under water at the end of the last Ice Age.

I just finished reading this book, and I have kind of mixed feelings about it. For one thing, I feel that his tone is patronizing -- he often pats the reader on the back for being smart enough to agree with him (assuming they do), and a lot of the time he sets up theories and treats them like facts. He also identifies Atlantis with nearly every other ancient civilization, as well as Eden/Paradise. And while you can't fault him for supporting catastrophism over uniformitarianism, he seems to bring everything back to Krakatoa (along with Dempo, the two volcanoes he identifies as the 'Pillars of Hercules').

He's got the same idea about the location of Atlantis that James McCanney does -- there is probably something going on with the Sunda shelf, but it may not be what he thinks it is. One of the things I had a hard time with was the fact that all of the peoples he considers to be original Atlanteans are now located in India, Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East -- he assumes that they migrated there from Indonesia, but never really explains why the present population (the Indonesians) is completely different or how they got there.

Related to that, the people I've read that the Cassiopaeans connect with Atlantis include some of the Jews, the Egyptians, Minoans, Basques, Celts, and Native Americans -- all now living in places that surround the Atlantic. I don't know where the main island really was, but this is kind of a weird distribution if it was originally on the Sunda shelf.

Another point Santos makes is that the Greek "nesos" and Latin "insula" derive from the Dravidian "incu" meaning "watery land, marsh". Santos argues that they refer more to "continents" than islands as we now think of them and ultimately derive from a word describing Atlantis specifically.

He also seems to play fast and loose with the words he connects from different languages. I used the database that Ottershrew suggested (I couldn't find "nesos" so I had to Google that separately) to look these up, and this is what I found:

incu

insula

nesos

It doesn't look like any of these are actually related -- which makes me a bit doubtful about other connections he tries to make.

Path27 said:
I just finished reading this book, and I have kind of mixed feelings about it. For one thing, I feel that his tone is patronizing -- he often pats the reader on the back for being smart enough to agree with him (assuming they do), and a lot of the time he sets up theories and treats them like facts. He also identifies Atlantis with nearly every other ancient civilization, as well as Eden/Paradise. And while you can't fault him for supporting catastrophism over uniformitarianism, he seems to bring everything back to Krakatoa (along with Dempo, the two volcanoes he identifies as the 'Pillars of Hercules').

I've noticed the same things so far. One the one hand, it would make sense for all world cultures to pass on information about such a worldwide civilization, but he seems to overreach. And he thinks it all has to do with supervolcanoes, i.e. no comets.

He's got the same idea about the location of Atlantis that James McCanney does -- there is probably something going on with the Sunda shelf, but it may not be what he thinks it is. One of the things I had a hard time with was the fact that all of the peoples he considers to be original Atlanteans are now located in India, Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East -- he assumes that they migrated there from Indonesia, but never really explains why the present population (the Indonesians) is completely different or how they got there.

Related to that, the people I've read that the Cassiopaeans connect with Atlantis include some of the Jews, the Egyptians, Minoans, Basques, Celts, and Native Americans -- all now living in places that surround the Atlantic. I don't know where the main island really was, but this is kind of a weird distribution if it was originally on the Sunda shelf.

I think we need to keep in mind the whole "global" thing. Atlantean descendants could spring up anywhere in such a scenario. Here's what the Cs said, from Laura's Picknett and Prince article:

Q: (L) Then did the main Atlanteans move to Egypt when Atlantis was destroyed?
A: Yes. And elsewhere.
Q: (L) Where else did the Atlanteans go?
A: Americas. Inca. Aztec. Maya. Hopi Tribe. Pima tribe.

Q: (L) Zecariah Sitchen proposes that the pyramid was built as a permanent marking system to navigate the solar system, could you comment on that idea?
A: That is incorrect. The pyramids were built as energy storage and transference facilities. They were built by the descendants of those known to you as the Atlanteans who are, of course, your ancestors in soul matters. They were not built to be markers for anything.

Q: (L) What was the origin of the Minoan civilization?
A: Atlantean descendants.

Q: If it was built in 8,000 BC, and the Pyramids were built 8,649 BC, which is 10,643 years ago, more or less, that means that they were built at almost the same time, or at least within 600 years of each other. If they were built at almost the same time, were they built by the same, or similar groups of people?
A: Atlantean descendants.

Of course, there's a tone more info in Secret History. Next time I read it I think I'm going to draw a map. :P

He also seems to play fast and loose with the words he connects from different languages. I used the database that Ottershrew suggested (I couldn't find "nesos" so I had to Google that separately) to look these up, and this is what I found:

incu

insula

nesos

It doesn't look like any of these are actually related -- which makes me a bit doubtful about other connections he tries to make.

Thanks for checking those. It looks like he's just arranging the data to suit his own hypothesis. On the other hand, official etymology can't necessarily always be trusted (e.g. the river names in UK that match with those in Homer's account of Troy).

I think we need to keep in mind the whole "global" thing. Atlantean descendants could spring up anywhere in such a scenario.

That's true -- who knows where they had colonies and outposts for example, even before Atlantis itself (wherever it was) was actually destroyed.

Of course, there's a tone more info in Secret History. Next time I read it I think I'm going to draw a map. :P

That would be cool :)

Thanks for checking those. It looks like he's just arranging the data to suit his own hypothesis. On the other hand, official etymology can't necessarily always be trusted (e.g. the river names in UK that match with those in Homer's account of Troy).

That's true too -- I think one of the things that bothers me about Santos is that he never gives any evidence for his own etymologies. He just says "x, y, and z are related," and asks you to take his word for it because they kind of look the same. And thanks for mentioning the river names in the UK -- I'm going to go do a forum search on that and see what I can find.

thank you all for your input, very interesting information and very useful, expanding our understanding of our true history.

btw- has anyone else noticed the way this is worded ;

A: All lessons must be learned before you can move onto bigger and better things.

in the usual context of this phrase in english it should have been ".. before you can move on to bigger and better things."

and yet they used "onto" instead of "on to". as if they were probably alluding to actually MOVING ONTO something.

??

transientP said:
btw- has anyone else noticed the way this is worded ;

A: All lessons must be learned before you can move onto bigger and better things.

in the usual context of this phrase in english it should have been ".. before you can move on to bigger and better things."

and yet they used "onto" instead of "on to". as if they were probably alluding to actually MOVING ONTO something.

??

it could also be simply a spelling error.
from wich session is that phrase and what is the context ?

Edit: spelling

i can't seem to pinpoint the session at the moment.

this is the snippet;

Q: What did the Atlanteans do to bring this karma on us such that the grays and Lizzies...
A: Worshipped and served self to extreme.

Q: Cayce talks about the division in Atlantis between the “Sons of One” and the “Sons of Belial.” Was this a racial division or a philosophical/ religious division?
A: It was the latter two, and before that, the former one.

Q: When it was a racial division, which group was it?
A: The Sons of Belial were the Kantekkians.

Q: Well! That is not good!
A: Subjective... you are not bodies, you are souls.

A: You are dancing on the 3rd density ballroom floor. “Alice likes to go through the looking glass” at the Crystal Palace. Atlantean reincarnation surge brings on the urge to have a repeat performance.

Q: (T) The Atlanteans who have reincarnated are getting ready to do the same thing they did before with the crystals. So, this is an Atlantean type thing that is being done now? Different equipment, but the same type of thing?

Q: (L) Is that a general statement about the Atlanteans repeating the lessons, or that once we learn this lesson, we can move onto bigger and better things in counteracting this grid?
A: All that is present and future too.

Q: (T) Was it necessary for them to have power gathering stations on Mars and the Moon. Did this increase their power?
A: Not necessary but it is not necessary for you to have a million dollars either. Get the correlation? Atlanteans were power hungry the way your society is money hungry.

Q: (T) Was the accumulation of this power what brought about their downfall?
A: Yes.

Q: (H) Did the Semites have a significant role in the collapse of Atlantis?
A: Indeed!

Q: (H) So, when we're looking at a replay, we're REALLY looking at a replay!
A: Yup.

Q: (L) Is there some karmic element that was fulfilled by the Holocaust?
A: Of course.

Q: (L) Could you tell us what karma was being expunged in that activity, and what group the Jews represented?
A: This is not germane, but it was Atlantean overseers “expunging” guilt from that life experience.

it's from Shijing's first post on this thread.

i thought about the possibility of error in the wording, but also always keep in mind the subtlety with which the C's use wording and grammar.

transientP said:
i thought about the possibility of error in the wording, but also always keep in mind the subtlety with which the C's use wording and grammar.

Keep in mind that the Cs deliver one letter at a time, and word breaks must be inserted after the fact.

Re: Thanks!

Hiya! I just felt the urge to do this :

STORY TIME

Once upon a time, close to the time of the major dying of the large dinosaurs, beasts composed of Mastodon, Sabertooth

Tiger, Giant Sloth, etc transpired to kill off most of them. Earth was surrounded by a water-vapour canopy then. Due to

the close passage of a celestial body, this body we know in our solar system now, the Earth’s atmosphere was overloaded

with water we did not have before that time. The close passage of Mars (and the comets interacting loosely with it)

drawn close to the Earth, overwhelmed our planet. Prior to this interaction the water-vapour canopy was a natural element

of the particular composition of the atmosphere. The gravity level being somewhat imperceptibly different due to the

travels of the solar system through space explains part of why that vapour canopy remained suspended. Not only this

condition of altered gravitational state as well as the water-vapour canopy prior to the symbolic flood of "Noah"

(Utnapishtim as described in the Babylonian texts) but all the other conditions that existed on the planet at that

particular point in time were more conducive to longer life spans. The effects of sunlight on the human body now as

opposed to then are degenerative. Venus, the ancient wanderer from near Arcturus 19 light years away, made 7 passes

through the solar system close to Earth before it precipitated into a regular planetary orbit. Our extra-solar system

visitor collected all its gases and clouds and so forth during the fiery, friction filled journey and from space matter

in general approximately 80,000 years ago. Noah’s flood was caused by the close passage of Mars. And, by the way, Noah is

a symbolic message rather than an historical event. Atlantis was the land Noah/Utnapishtim lived in, the story of Noah’s

flood, the story of the breaking up of Atlantis, yes. But symbolic. First of all, there was no Noah. Secondly there was

no actual real flood as depicted in that story. Thirdly, the whole story was a symbolic message as opposed to an actual

event. What actually did occur and what the symbolism has to tell us is a very broad representation. It simply means that

there was a cataclysmic event that did envelop the whole planet at that time and that those that were ready to experience

that as part of their soul development without exiting the body, were warned ahead of time. But not by trying to

manipulate events, but by simply allowing faith to let them acquire knowledge and being naturally drawn into position to

experience what they needed to experience to survive the event. Yes, the “flood of Noah” was the story of the final

deluge and destruction of Atlantis caused by Venus, after part of the landmass, but not all, was destroyed. Venus caused

Mars. Mars monuments are Atlantean, some on Moon are others; are ET. So, the Atlanteans had inter-planetary ability with

ease, making ours look like the Neanderthal era. Atlantis and Lemuria were not the most ancient of Earth’s civilizations.

Many advanced civilizations were before Atlantis and Lemuria. Atlantis was merely a home base of an advanced civilization

of 3 races of humans occupying different sections of a huge island empire, which, in itself, underwent 3 incarnations

over a 100,000 year period; yet 70,000 long years was the Atlantean civilization in existence when the flood of

Noah/Utnapishtim occurred in 10,662 BC. The third and final destruction was caused by crystals. These crystalline

structures came to life and destroyed Atlantis. Gaining a life and intelligence of their own, so to speak, they lost

control of this power, overpowered the same way your computers will overpower you. 6 billion people were on the planet at

the time of Noah’s flood, with most of these beings living in Atlantis. 119 million people survived the flood of Noah but

that cataclysm on the whole earth afterwards left approximately 19 million. The population of the earth continued to

decline from that point because of disease and inability to adjust due to artificial manipulations of the genetic pool.

Legends of half human creatures, minotaurs, centaurs, etc were real creatures, experiments known as beasts in Atlantis.

Slave people controlled by crystal were Atlantean drone workers. Some karmic element was fulfilled by the Holocaust, of

course. Atlantean overseers “expunging” guilt from that life experience. Indeed! The Semites had a significant role in

the collapse of Atlantis, Atlantean reincarnation surge brings on the urge to have a repeat performance. You are dancing

on the 3rd density ballroom floor. “Alice likes to go through the looking glass” at the Crystal Palace. Yup, so when

we're looking at a replay, we're REALLY looking at a replay. The Atlanteans who have reincarnated are getting ready to do

the same thing they did before with the crystals. Different equipment, but the same type of thing, as all lessons must be

learned before you can move onto bigger and better things. All that is present and future too. As necessary for them to

have power gathering stations on Mars and the Moon as for you to have a million dollars, Atlanteans were power hungry the

way your society is money hungry. The accumulation of this power brought about their downfall. "Well! That is not good!",

is subjective... you are not bodies, you are souls. Atlanteans worshipped and served self to extreme. Atlantis went down

as a series of destructions, cataclysms not all caused by the same source. Three separate destructions did Atlantis

experience. Atlanteans and early Sumerians built the city of Baalbek. Giants are the reason for the enormous proportions

of this building, who were the genetic effort to recreate Nephilim, a group of humanoid types brought here to earth to be

enforcers. Not succeeding in recreating the Nephilim, Venus' first appearance and pass happened to interrupt the building

of this city, this project, which was brought to a halt in 3218 BC. The pyramids were built as energy storage and

transference facilities. They were built by the descendants of those known to you as the Atlanteans who are, of course,

your ancestors in soul matters. The Pyramid and Stonehenge were built using sound wave technology more than 2,000 years

after the flood of Noah.

Hi guys, I have a question for you regarding Atlantis people. Well, in the session of 1994 November 19th, speaking about Atlantean Crystals, was written:

Q: (L) If one crystal is found and the technology is deciphered, and another is found, does it increase the power...
A: Let us answer this way: If Neanderthals found a 747 would they know how to use it?

I wonder why the C’s said this that way. I mean, I thought Atlanteans were human beings, more or less just like us (of course with an amazing technology and so on), but human beings after all. But if that were the case, I guess they would have said:

“If non-pilot guys found a 747 would they know how to use it?”

Maybe I’m drifting, but I think this is weird. If they were so much more intelligent than us, what kind of cosmic event would make the survivors less intelligent than the previous ones? I mean, we know about the three cataclysms, but was there some additional consequences for the Atlantean DNA or something?

Back
Top Bottom