Atreides and "The List"

Re: Re: Session 12 December 2010

Quote from: Laura
And I'm now totally convinced that there are some people who just can't eat vegetables - or very few, very seldom.

Funny thing is, Ark is the same way. For years I've been trying to get him to eat his veggies and for years, he's been telling me - and I've witnessed - that they cause him extreme pain and suffering. Only a little bit now and then seems to be tolerable. He lived for years on hot dogs and instant mashed potatoes because they were the only things that didn't upset his stomach. Obviously, hot dogs are not the best meat source, but I now see why he ate them: NO residue!!!

So, this bit of information is going to go into our diet thread because I do want people to know that there are some of us who really can only eat meat: veggies kill some people.

This is also shocking but good information, and ever so timely. :wow:
Could be that this applies to so many 'meat and potato' (but sans the potato) people that abhor or are indifferent to veggies?

Atreides, I am so thankful for you, and that you are on the mend. :love:

Thank you Laura, Ark and team for all your hard work in sharing the knowledge.

That's really shocking! I'm glad you guys are getting better now. I hope you recover fully really soon.

Atreides, hang in there bud, don't let your brief depression linger and exacerbate the physical attack. Just ask yourself, what would Optimus Prime do? He'd rest up and then keep kicking ass and taking names, that's what. Plus, you wouldn't want to widow Anart, would you? She can't be on the front lines without you man, you're like the cavalry, or the heavy artillery, or both! Without you it would be more like "operation human shield", and if you saw South Park the movie, you know we don't wanna be operation human shield! Hope to see you back soon :)

Oh and the info about veggies leaving a residue is most interesting. Would that mean that if one doesn't eat veggies that additional supplements must be taken to replace the lost nutrients, on top of the ones that people who do eat veggies would take? I've always really liked meat and potatoes, and a sausage with mashed potatoes is like a meal from heaven for me, I used to live on that as well. But I don't have pain from veggies, I just always used to avoid them because I never liked the flavor and texture of cooked veggies - especially steamed, although a stir fry is yummy (with meat).

Oh my! Wish you a speedy recovery, Atreides. We are all rooting for you :hug:

I am sorry to hear of the holiday crisis and hope you feel better soon Atreides. Glad to hear that things are a bit closer to "normal" - it sounds like some useful and hard fought knowledge was gained, so that is good, rest up and take care! :dance: :flowers:

PS - FWIW, some kind of bug came around here, too, as I had the first family christmas in nearly two decades. Well, that night I got sick and that floored me for a couple days, but I am much better now so it was rather mild. The thought that came to me though is that "they" (4D STS or what have you) do not like groups/family or inclusiveness and so interrupt any efforts at mending wounds and healing scars so as to keep one isolated. just a thought.

Laura said:
So, this bit of information is going to go into our diet thread because I do want people to know that there are some of us who really can only eat meat: veggies kill some people.

That's an eye-opener -- I have at least one family member who will probably benefit greatly from this information, so as soon as it gets fleshed out I'm going to have to send it her way.

This recent ordeal with Atriedes is a real shock -- I'm glad to hear that things didn't turn out worse and that his condition has stabilized for now. Hang in there Atriedes, and take care -- you'll be in my thoughts, and I hope you feel better and that everything is uphill from here :flowers:

My best thoughts to you Atreides, get well soon :hug:

I had no idea that things had gotten so serious!

Speedy recovery and best wishes, Atreides!

So the sickness was the result of the combination of emotional stress, weakened colon(diet) and the bug? I guess 'they' can design a special bug for all of us, that targets our 'Achilles Heel' if they want to.

I wish you Atreides a perfect recovery.
Soon you will be back with your interesting posts.

This incident indeed is a warning for us all. A work is to be done, and detox is an important task as Alién points.
Ailén said:
ALL of you, please detox if you haven't started yet. It can save your life, really. If your bodies are not prepared, a bug like this one could really take your life. So please, everybody, be careful.

Well, I'm really shocked by these news. :(

A speedy recovery to you Atreides!! :hug2:

I am so glad that Atreides is going to be okay! That is VERY good news!

And Ailen, I am so glad that you are doing much better, too! I hope that ALL will recover fully and quickly from these illnesses.

I has occurred to me that the depression that seemed to accompany this "bug" is/was part of what may have been intended to take down those who got it. Not physically, but sapping one's "will to live," so that any other kind of stress or attack would push one over the edge. (I definitely felt close to that edge - scary.) The depression is an attack on the mind and spirit. So, EE and detox of body, mind, and spirit are definitely necessary. I am really paying attention, now.

Hugs to Atreides, Ailen, Laura, Ark, and all at the chateau. You are all in my thoughts.

Sonrisa
:hug: :flowers:

Since pretty much all the information we grew up with is erroneous, why would "vegetarianism" be any different.

A paleo diet would have consisted of mostly meat, some berries, greens and a few different roots. Foods were mostly cooked in skin or bladder sacks with water and some fat, hot rocks were dropped in and replaced as they cooled.

Teas from barks, dried leaves, berries and conifers would have provided lots of vitamins and minerals as well and were always on hand.

Seems like vegetables have been substituted as a "filler" for the mainly meat diet we once had and it does make sense that "vegetables" as we know them are a modern thing, and probably not the best of diets.

Something like a slow cooked mostly "meat stew" with dandelion greens, rose hips and some fat might be the way to go for most of us.

A meal like this was always hanging in the "wigwam" back in the day, there would have been pounded acorn "bread" and a hot herbal tea!

What could have been better then that?
Rumor has it, that corn wasn`t even brought to the east coast until the late 1300`s and was used simply because the acorn crop was very small some years and dried corn could be substituted for acorn flat bread, but it was a tiny wild corn the size of your pinky finger and was never like what we have today, or ever eaten as much as we see today.
So it seems that Atreides body remembers what it needs, what the good "stuff" is and probably should be left to eat what is best for him.
Hope your well soon Atreides.

I wanted to mention too, that this same early native corn was once used in the hide "tanning" process.
The water in which corn was cooked would quickly ferment and hides were soaked in this "corn water" because it was so good at breaking down the fibers that caused a hide to remain stiff.

Yikes, think about that in your intestines.

Laura said:
And I'm now totally convinced that there are some people who just can't eat vegetables - or very few, very seldom.

Yes, but does it not mean there is an underlying dysfunction of the body ?

Don't forget Atreides! Soon someone (a fair maiden?) will be bringing you a nice platter o' bacon and a bit o' rum (whiskey?)

:clap:

yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum
a pirate's life is the total sum
of the drum'n pulse of the beat'n sun
and that sun, beats as one

yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
no man's free, as he could be
Fiddle dee dee, oh they never see
good and evil've naught'n liberty

yo ho ho, and a bottle of gin