AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

Re: AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN AMOEBA INFECTION?

Hi, all,
I just want to thank all Laura and everyone else who has posted so much helpful information on this topic. I am following with great interest.

I am also grateful for the information on neem.

Thanks for making your collective experience available to us all!

Thank you Laura for this thread and also for taking us through your experiences with the protocol. The info here parallels what I and my wife are currently experiencing. I have been helping my wife on her journey to recover from IBS, Candida overgrowth, CytoMeglavirus, C. Difficile, IBS again and now parasites.
This all started for her in 2005 when her new dentist insisted that she take a wide-spectrum antibiotic before he would do any work on her.
She had never taken antibiotics before that time. As a result, her gut bacteria was severely compromised and so began the journey. We've been able to use the naturopathic approach and to avoid conventional drugs except for Vancomycin for the C. Difficile. Amid these infections she had a TIA ( mini stroke) as well as a heart Ablation to correct her Atrial Fibrilation. We are convinced that all of these conditions were inter-connected.
For the last 2 years we have been on a Gluten-free Paleo diet and that has really helped. Her last two stool samples have showed the presence of Blastocystis Hominis parasite and it is very persistent. In researching this parasite we came across a website about a woman in Australia battling the same Blasto and she (Jackie Delaney) tells her story there, and it was a mirror of my wife's symptoms and experiences. The website is www.badbugs.org and Jackie explains how little the medical establishment knows about these bacterial and amoeba sized parasites.
The protocol that Jackie endorses is called a Triple Therapy that includes Iodoquinol, Nitazoxanide and Paramomycin all combined for 10 days. She mentions that Metronidazole (known as Flagyl) is the most often prescribed for the Blasto parasite, but is not very effective.

Since Iodoquinol, Nitazoxanide and Paramomycin are not presently available in North America, we have done a telephone consultation with a doctor in England that Jackie recommended and we are currently waiting for his shipment of the Triple Therapy.

Gaby said:
I think it will definitely be very useful to have all the main information together for other practitioners. I'll work on something taking into account the physician mindset.
That would be really helpful. While following this thread I had a growing concern of the doctor asking where did I get my idea from.I would hardly want to mention the forum and have him poo-poo all over my request. Plus I wouldn't know what initial tests to ask for so, yeah, this would be a great start.

I've had my spondylosis under wraps for a few years with the diet and sups but the past few months have become more and more challenging in the pain department where I can only work comfortably for 3-4 days and then even the house work is difficult. Other joint pains have also surfaced that were not really an issue before.

Really looking forward to experimenting with this protocol. Thank you all for your input and especially Laura for your pioneering pains. :hug2:

Reporting in: I finished the allopurinol part yesterday. The only thing I can report about the last few days is just a bit of tiredness; taking naps is not too usual for me.

Today I do the second round: I've already had my breakfast and took the first dose of the metronidazole so we'll see in the next few hours if there is a reaction.

I'll check out the "badbugs" site to see what's going on there.

DougEE said:
The protocol that Jackie endorses is called a Triple Therapy that includes Iodoquinol, Nitazoxanide and Paramomycin all combined for 10 days. She mentions that Metronidazole (known as Flagyl) is the most often prescribed for the Blasto parasite, but is not very effective.

Since Iodoquinol, Nitazoxanide and Paramomycin are not presently available in North America, we have done a telephone consultation with a doctor in England that Jackie recommended and we are currently waiting for his shipment of the Triple Therapy.

Thanks for this info. I notice the following on her site:

Treating parasites

Alternative therapies: Are they are waste of money? The short answer is yes. Only pharmaceutical drugs effectively rid the body of Blasto.

Drug treatments: Flagyl is the most widely prescribed drug to treat Blasto. and D.fragilis, despite little to recommend it in the medical literature.

Drug treatments: Blasto.
A GI clinic in Sydney started treating Blasto. and D.fragilis in 2001. Their current triple therapy is the most effective treatment available for drug resistant Blasto. Cont.

About four hours after the first dose of the second round: feeling a bit fluish. Muscular aches and stiffness, stiff neck, a bit of headache, brain fog, knees feel wonky. Think I'll have a little rest though I'm trying to work on annotating the sessions. If, when the book comes out, ya'll find anything weird in my commentary, you'll know why!

Laura said:
About four hours after the first dose of the second round: feeling a bit fluish. Muscular aches and stiffness, stiff neck, a bit of headache, brain fog, knees feel wonky. Think I'll have a little rest though I'm trying to work on annotating the sessions. If, when the book comes out, ya'll find anything weird in my commentary, you'll know why!

Had my first dose of Metronidazole/ Allopurinol (no Hydrocort) a few hours ago - so far no reaction at all ... next dose before bedtime.

Laura said:

Half hour after this, I took half a cortisone. Didn't help. I continued to go downhill to about 50/60% of what I experienced first time. I took 5 grams of vitamin C; that helped a bit. I started getting cold and shivery so took a hot bath which soothed the painful tissues. Then, I laid down on the bed and fell asleep until a little after 5 pm. I got up and had a little dinner, drank a cup of tea, and am functional, but just barely. I'm not so completely exhausted, but I sure am aches and pains all over and definitely tired.

Laura said:
Half hour after this, I took half a cortisone. Didn't help. I continued to go downhill to about 50/60% of what I experienced first time. I took 5 grams of vitamin C; that helped a bit. I started getting cold and shivery so took a hot bath which soothed the painful tissues. Then, I laid down on the bed and fell asleep until a little after 5 pm. I got up and had a little dinner, drank a cup of tea, and am functional, but just barely. I'm not so completely exhausted, but I sure am aches and pains all over and definitely tired.

They report that some feel the second week more acutely because the cortisone effect wears off by then. It is to say that they used an injection of cortisone which is slowly released throughout the first week.

I'm thinking that the years you spent on the diet and taking supplements, and doing alternative protocols such as FIR sauna and low dose doxycline (to put just two examples)...has strengthened your immune system.

I read that in the 1980s, those who were used to immunosuppressors such as methotrexate needed to spend some significant time preparing for this protocol because a functional immune system was needed or had a better prognosis of cure.

One more day :hug2:

I'm one of the methotrexate people. And the harm its done is legion. In 3 months of diligence, I've barely gotten anywhere. But I will. For everyone who took metho, don't give up. I've been off it for over a year and hadn't had a flare up until I did some well needed spirit work

After doing some more searching yesterday, I realized that Gaby and Bluestar started a couple of threads on this topic in 2010 that may be relevant:

Stealth Virus, Bacteria and Fungi
Questions about L-bacteria, vitamin D & candida

There is apparently some controversy around the role of vitamin D in infection. The main proponents of vitamin D reduction in fighting infection appear to be Trevor Marshall and Amy Proal. The (very interesting) article by Mark Sircus that Gaby copied in the first thread argues against their hypothesis, but I'm not at this point convinced that he's correct; the quote by Nora Gedgaudas that Gaby posted about the topic is appropriately neutral. Anecdotally, I started supplementing with vitamin D a little over a month ago, and during that time I've been having more problems with fatigue and energy depletion, so I took it out of my regimen yesterday. I don't know if it's related or just coincidence, but I'm going to see if it makes a difference.

A synopsis of Marshall's hypothesis is here:

http://www.lymebook.com/marshall-protocol

His forum site is below -- regardless of who's correct about the vitamin D issue, it looks like there's quite a bit of good information here, including a couple threads that cross over with the topic of infectobesity:

http://marshallprotocol.com/forum39/

Amy Proal's site is here:

http://bacteriality.com/

It hasn't been updated since 2010, but there are a lot of good resources (articles, PowerPoints, etc) to go through there. This short video toward the top was a good summary of some research on the link between microorganisms and autoimmune conditions:

https://youtu.be/hO2YXh0ajnk

Finally, Doug Kaufmann's book Infectious Diabetes might be another one worth taking a look at. I don't own it, but I've read his Fungus Link trilogy (2nd series) and thought the information there was good. Since mycobacteria blur the line between bacteria and fungi, it may be applicable.

Re: RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS CAUSED BY AN AMOEBA INFECTION?

SeekinTruth said:
For what it's worth, my mother was diagnosed by MRI with MS in 1996 when she began to drag her foot and quickly became unable to control her leg. She deteriorated fast from first appearance of symptoms. I read Hulda Clark's book The Cure for All Diseases and gave her the herbal parasite program and built a zapper per her instructions. Within weeks of doing Clark's treatments, the whole thing reversed and disappeared.
The reason I wanted to try Clark's claims is that I had read The Rife Report: The Cancer Cure That Worked years earlier - which mentioned pleomorphism as background - and her claims and approach were very similar to Rife's. And it paid off.

Hi SeekinTruth,
would you please provide some more details about the Hulda Clark's zapper cure:
- was there any Herxheimer reaction? - I think of children, some parents would be reluctant to let child undergo such an ordeal
- did you use any supplements to protect liver in its detoxing effort, like Silimarine, Liv52, antioxidants, etc?
- any activated charcoal to prevent resorption of toxins at the intestine level?

all information would be appreciated

Thank you
Joy

No, there wasn't any Herxheimer reaction. The only thing I remember was she was taking 3 to 5 grams of vitamin C powder (as ascorbic acid).

I've got half a dozen Hulda Clark zappers in a drawer and don't think I ever noticed any particular benefit from them. But then, maybe they are not built properly? I bought them online...

Report on progress: After a moderately rough day yesterday, I felt gradually better toward evening, though still very tired (even after a nap), I slept well last night and woke up feeling pretty normal today. Took my first dose after breakfast a few hours ago and still feel fine. So the second round is definitely less traumatic than the first. But, I also took two 5 gram doses of vitamin C yesterday which may have been the mitigating factor. I'll do the same today.

In reference to the material brought forward by DougEE here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38053.msg577485.html#msg577485, I was thinking 1) that my own herxheimer reaction is sort of evidence that whatever the pathogen is, the metronidazole is effective. That doesn't mean that there isn't some other critter in there that the stuff isn't killing, but we can only wait to discover that. 2) This protocol I am doing is said to be 80% effective, so it seems to me that other pathogens may be involved in other cases, the 20% that this protocol doesn't work with. So, I guess that a person could try the one that is 80% effective first, hoping that they are in that 80% population, and then, if it doesn't work, try the other protocol.

I ordered one of the books mentioned in this thread, Rheumatoid Arthritis the Infection Connection: Targeting and Treating the Cause of Chronic Ilness by Katherine Poehlmann. In that book, she says pretty firmly that MS sufferers should NOT do the same protocol, that their issues have more to do with a microbe that is killed by high doses of doxycycline.

Now, this other protocol brought up by DougEE says that one should take an antibiotic cocktail for a ten day run and that pretty much does the deed: presto! So why isn't the metronidazole protocol prescribed for a ten day run also? Is it because the dose is so high? Or the cycle of the critters? Any idea?

I do notice that it is said, as discovered by Gaby, that following it exactly has been proven effective in scads of cases so there must be something about it that is right for whatever reason.

Just my thoughts at the moment - and obviously I felt well enough to write this out so that is something!!!

Thanks Laura for this journal and for putting you under this protocol, it will help a lot of people, we really appreciate it. As you know my wife suffers also RA and we are closely following your progress. And she might follow it too, but just not for now, as she just finished the anti-fungal herself.

As for the vitamin C you are taking, is that lyposomal vitC?

Back
Top Bottom