Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Vaccines

Here is a link to the CDC site: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/faq.htm
It says there are "provisions allowing parents to opt out or limit access to immunization registry information. While opt out and consent provisions are particularly important to some religious groups, victims of domestic violence, and others, in fact only a small percentage of people exercise these options." The CDC site is worth looking at.

Below are a few sites of articles which allude to the fact that vaccinations are not required.... I simply googled "vaccine opt out". The concern we have about the swine flu epidemic is whether there will be enough vaccinations for those that want them, therefore the CDC has published a list of those who should get them first. These include people in health care services, fire and police, government officials -- which would be counter-intuitive, no? Did you know more people died during the 1918 flu epidemic than died in World War I? Fortunately, H1N1 is not living up to the initial concerns, so I doubt if I will get the vaccine, but my kids will. If people don't want the vaccination, that will be welcome news to those who can't get it and want it. Auriandra

How to Opt out of Vaccines for Your Child - wikiHowResearch the purpose of the vaccine and any information available about potential ... Schools don't typically inform you of your opt-out rights. ...
_www.wikihow.com/Opt-out-of-Vaccines-for-Your-Child - Cached - Similar -
Devvy Kidd -- Texas HPV vaccination: Parents can opt outFeb 5, 2007 ... By making it an opt out option and using propaganda to sell this poison, too many unsuspecting parents who don't get the message will be ...
_www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd247.htm - Cached - Similar -
National Vaccine Information Center – Vaccine Watch DogNational Vaccine Information Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to giving health vaccine information and preventing vaccine injuries and deaths.
Vaccine laws - HPV - Before You Vaccinate Ask Eight ... - About Us
_www.nvic.org/ - Cached - Similar -
Should parents be allowed to opt out of vaccinating their kids? By ...Should parents be allowed to opt out of vaccinating their kids? ... Therefore, the number of vaccine-related health problems occurring in the United States ...
_www.whale.to/m/fisher8.html - Cached - Similar -
Vanishing vaccinations: why are so many Americans opting out of ...The rise in parents opting out has caused the AMA grave concern, with many experts ... Lawsuits against vaccine manufacturers threaten them with bankruptcy, ...
_www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15568260 - Similar -
by SP Calandrillo - 2004 - Cited by 21 - Related articles - All 6 versions
Opt-out law for childhood vaccines worries doctorsAug 10, 2005 ... Before 2003, parents could opt out of vaccinations only for medical or .... The vaccine exemption affidavit must be signed, notarized and ...
_www.azcentral.com/health/kids/.../0809vaccineoptout-ON.html - Cached - Similar -
A miracle to me: Opting Out of the Vaccine Registry - 5:08pmOpting Out of the Vaccine Registry. If you have a child, there's a very good chance that your child miracletome.blogspot.com/.../opting-out-of-vaccine-registry.html

Thanks for your reply and links, Auriandra but if you notice, these all deal with regular vaccinations and not when an emergency pandemic is declared. I would be very relieved if the swine flu vaccine is not made mandatory, but there is considerable information to suggest otherwise. Did you read the MEHPA information?

Psyche said:
Seamas said:
Psyche said:
Another couple of antioxidants that should come up very handy in case of vaccination is alpha lipoic acid (ALA) and n-acetylcysteine (NAC).

Is the best source for these antioxidants supplements, or do you recommend a natural dietary source?
For these ones, supplements is the source. ALA should be taken with meals as it tends to use blood sugar quite well.

Thank you, I just saw the other thread about the book too, I will check it out.

I did look up the APA link. The reference that I found was a letter to the APA not the opinion of the organization. I looked up the AMA position on the “Model” (for “Emergency Powers”) and though they indicate the proposed “model” (by definition, not a mandate) is sloppy, they support the need for emergency response procedures to be reviewed and updated:

“The Model Act is structured to reflect 5 basic public health functions to be facilitated by law: (1) preparedness, comprehensive planning for a public health emergency; (2) surveillance, measures to detect and track public health emergencies; (3) management of property, ensuring adequate availability of vaccines, pharmaceuticals, and hospitals, as well as providing power to abate hazards to the public's health; (4) protection of persons, powers to compel vaccination, testing, treatment, isolation, and quarantine when clearly necessary; and (5) communication, providing clear and authoritative information to the public. The Model Act also contains a modernized, extensive set of principles and requirements to safeguard personal rights. Law can be a tool to improve public health preparedness. A constitutional democracy must balance the common good with respect for personal dignity, toleration of groups, and adherence to principles of justice.”
http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/288/5/622

I think it boils down to whether a person is more afraid of the disease or the vaccine. I consider planning activities, including military readiness, to be practicing 'due diligence." I think the state governments and to a lesser extent the federal government are acting responsibly and I am glad they are instead of not being ready.

Were it not for the WHO and its aggressive efforts to stop bird flu in Asia, there could have been millions of deaths. A billion chickens and other poultry were killed in Asia, but the disease was halted. H5N1 had a 40% mortality rate. Personally, I got Tamiflu from Canada for my family and we followed the FEMA guidelines in terms of food storage etc to survive and outbreak. I’m still sitting with sacks of brown rice and oatmeal! :-[! I read 15 or so books on pandemics and served on a national committee to improve reporting systems, as a representative from Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN.

Post 9/11 and in view of H5N1, was timely and most of it was completed about three years ago. I do remember that there was great concern that the authority of the individual states not be usurped. President Bush’s Secretary of HHS, Mike Leavitt (former governor of Utah) however, wanted to be sure that, as flu cases were reported locally that at the same time, they be reported to HHS – otherwise it could be weeks before it would be possible to know how a virus was spreading. We also needed to reach agreement on what conditions needed to be reported and to standardize the terms used. What is being done now is basically preparing to deploy the plans that were updated then. For specifics, beyond the CDC site, check with your local and state health departments. Prior rehearsals of local and state response were done under Bush though sadly after Katrina (in fact, remember when they finally brought in the army at that time because the states and FEMA could not cope; hopefully that won’t happen again. The planning I know of is described in detail on the CDC site. However, since the virus is already widespread (I think my state has one of the highest rates), I don’t see why any emergency actions would be necessary. I called my son last night who is a paramedic and firefighter in the Montana army reserve (lives in Bozeman) and he said nothing has come up in their training, no alerts or anything. As to what is reasonable for families to do, if you don’t trust the CDC, Consumer Reports has a nice section on how to prepare in the current issue. I must stress, swine flu appears no more severe than normal flu at this time.

Dr. Osterholm of the University of Minnesota is one of the top two or three epidemiologists in the US (Mayo works closely with U of M). Here is his bio:
http://www.virology.umn.edu/links/home.html
This is what you might want aepidemiologistbio to look like. Note there are no advertisements for books or dietary supplements. There are many accolades, appointments and etc. Here is a link to U of M’s web site on Infectious Diseases (CIDRAP):
http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/index.html

Dr. Blaylock’s credentials. Out of 119 medical schools ranked by the National Institutes of Health, Louisiana State University (his medical school) ranks 102 and South Carolina (internship and residency) ranks 112 (7th from the bottom). Note he says he studied with world renowned doctors in these schools; he does not claim to be one. Further, most world renowned doctors work at world renowned medical schools. There are 700,000 Board Certified physicians in the US. ‘Board Certification’ in “Nutraceuticals” however is not one of them. There is a certification to be a Clinical Nutritionist by a private organization; but this is not limited to physicians; RNs and physicians’ assistants may also be so certified. They must have taken basic clinical coursework and a 56 hour on-line course. His vita says he has published 30 journal papers, but he lists only 14, three of which are parts of one. I can find no address or even state/city which means I cannot look up whether he has been subject to lawsuits or whether his license has been revoked. He says he is not currently practicing.

This is what the Mayoclinic.com says about vaccines and autism:
Myth: Vaccines cause autism
Fact: Despite much controversy on the topic, researchers haven't found a clear connection between autism and childhood vaccines. Although signs of autism may appear at about the same time children receive certain vaccines — such as the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine — this appears to be simply a coincidence. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vaccines/CC00014NSECTIONGROUP=2

I hope this was helpful in some way. I wandered into this forum accidentally without really understanding what it was about, and I am not sure I can be of any additional help to you or others on the forum, so I will not be participating on this topic any more. I think I’ve provided links for you. I wish you all good health and happiness. Sincerely, Auriandra

Aurianda said:
Were it not for the WHO and its aggressive efforts to stop bird flu in Asia, there could have been millions of deaths. A billion chickens and other poultry were killed in Asia, but the disease was halted.

Could you please provide data to back up this assertion? It seems to me that you are making rather large assumptions. One thing it did affect was the food supply - it is doubtful it had any affect at all on the virus.

A said:
H5N1 had a 40% mortality rate.

From official statistics, perhaps - but you seem to have a proclivity to believe what you're told. The fact that you are going to vaccinate your children against H1N1 and feel secure about the 'due diligence' by the authorities indicate that either you are ensconced in that system, to the point where you can't actually see it for what it is, or your eyes are closed. If you've not yet had the chance, I would highly recommend that you read all of the stories on the SoTT page on vaccines and vaccinations - what they do, what they do not do - and why. Getting yourself educated this way might save your children's health.

A said:
Personally, I got Tamiflu from Canada for my family
Please also do some research on Tamiflu - it's lack of effectiveness, who is behind it and it's disastrous side effects, especially for children!! Knowledge protects, ignorance endangers.

A said:
I read 15 or so books on pandemics and served on a national committee to improve reporting systems, as a representative from Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN.

So, do you currently work for the Mayo Clinic? If so, that might be the issue with your understanding of these topics.

A said:
Prior rehearsals of local and state response were done under Bush though sadly after Katrina (in fact, remember when they finally brought in the army at that time because the states and FEMA could not cope; hopefully that won’t happen again.

Please read the coverage on Katrina on the SoTT page to get up to speed on that issue at well - it was not that FEMA could not cope - even remotely - it was designed to go exactly as it went.

A said:
I hope this was helpful in some way.

Well, unfortunately it appears that you are quite misinformed on a lot of these topics.

A said:
I wandered into this forum accidentally without really understanding what it was about, and I am not sure I can be of any additional help to you or others on the forum, so I will not be participating on this topic any more.

I'm a bit curious about why someone who wandered onto a forum not knowing what it was about would post so authoritatively on any topic on that forum - I can understand that, perhaps, it was due to thinking that you informing others, but getting up to speed on the real dynamics at play here - the facts - and the dangers would be more beneficial. Hopefully, you'll take the time to read up on these topics and get a more rounded view.

Seems like we have been visited by one of those Pentagon Paid cyber-warriors seeking to take over the "terrain".

Oops I think I lost my last note. Never mind here are links as requested:
Deadiness of Bird Flu (H5N1):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H5N1
How it was controlled:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_spread_of_H5N1
Cheers.

HHS just sent out this advisory for schools about swine flu (H1N1):
http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2009pres/08/20090807a.html

You missed my point, Aurianda - I was asking for real data that does not support the agenda of big pharma, the people you work for, the US government and the global powers that be. Do you have any data that qualifies? And are you familiar with the SoTT page? www.sott.net - you might want to check it out.

Auriandra said:
Oops I think I lost my last note. Never mind here are links as requested:
Deadiness of Bird Flu (H5N1):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H5N1
How it was controlled:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_spread_of_H5N1
Cheers.

Auriandra said:
HHS just sent out this advisory for schools about swine flu (H1N1):
http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2009pres/08/20090807a.html

Also from this link:
``We’re going to continue to do everything possible to keep our children – and all Americans – healthy and safe this fall,’’ Secretary Sebelius said. ``But all Americans also have a part to play. The best way to prevent the spread of flu is vaccination. A seasonal flu vaccine is ready to go, and we should have one for the 2009 H1N1 flu by mid-October.’’

That sounds an awful lot like a commercial from Secretary Sebelius . All is good and nothing is bad if you buy "X". And just the opposite if you don't buy it! Yeah... "They" trully love us. We only we have to "play our part". Because for those who won't "play", they won't spare any love. Those who will not "play" will become a... "security threat" maybe? And "They" do not preach love for "security threats". Ask a person in Iraq for a second opinion about that. Depending on how "They" decide to use the Flu virus card, those who do not want to "play" might be like booking a bed to a FEMA concentration camp cell. As the Greek health minister recently said : "Our greatest and most precious commodity is public security". That's it! Truth spoken raw and beautiful. Forget about the right of self-determination for the individual and the freedom of making an informed choice about your own life and health. "Public security" is to be served above all things.... Hmm....

:/

Aurianda, your new forum name of "What a Bunch of Paranoid NuTs!" is not only rude and lacking in external consideration, it also shows that your self-importance and sacred cows regarding Big Pharma vaccines and antibiotics overrides whatever quest you might have for objective understanding.

Paranoia usually has a belief system behind it. This forum is not into paranoia...or subjective belief systems. Its aim is to observe, study, and come to a reasonable conclusion regarding a subject based on facts, fully taking into consideration source bias and other factors that might skew results. Belief in the rightness of an idea, thing, person, or political/religious entity blinds one to discovering the truth.

And, yes, there is always a possibility that newly discovered objective data may be presented in the future that changes a conclusion.
So, it will be interesting to see if you can answer Anart's questions with objective data...in a reasonable manner, sans your emotional investment that WHO, and other global powers that be are telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Auriandra] I think it boils down to whether a person is more afraid of the disease or the vaccine.[/quote] That sounds like the typical STS 'establishment' spin. What about the issue of an individual's right to choose to suffer a mild case of 'swine flu' over getting injected with a shopping list of neurotoxins said:
Seems like we have been visited by one of those Pentagon Paid cyber-warriors seeking to take over the "terrain".

Indeed. That explains the need for a hasty exit. When the script runs out, that's all folks!

Buddy said:
When the script runs out, that's all folks!

Yep. Valiantly expended her government-issued arsenal of expertly crafted "talking points". The audience didn't buy it. Therefore.... they must all be "a bunch of paranoid nuts!" Back to HQ for further instructions.

Mmmmm, I wonder how soon the "Paranoid Nuts" file is re-named "Dangerous Security Threats"....

"Military readiness" and "due diligence" indeed....

:/

Well, Auriandra's conscious or unconscious mission to tout the wonders of vaccines has failed on this forum, that's for sure. Don't know if she's a paid propagator of the military/industrial complex or not. What is clear from her writings, she (or he) is sufficiently ponerized to cheerfully spread the word that governments and Big Pharma act only in the little guy's interest and are here to help. Anyone who disagrees with that mindset is an enemy, er, paranoid nutcase.

NormaRegula said:
Well, Auriandra's conscious or unconscious mission to tout the wonders of vaccines has failed on this forum, that's for sure. Don't know if she's a paid propagator of the military/industrial complex or not. What is clear from her writings, she (or he) is sufficiently ponerized to cheerfully spread the word that governments and Big Pharma act only in the little guy's interest and are here to help. Anyone who disagrees with that mindset is an enemy, er, paranoid nutcase.

Yes NormaRegula, and that expression of hers is well matched to the emerging vaccination plans of "voluntary vaccination with consequences", the "consequences" being quarantine, incarceration, chipped, etc, making complete mockery of the term "voluntary".

Back
Top Bottom