Bloodline Trails

In short, it's possible that events placed 40,000 years ago by science could actually be 80,000. Depends on the dating method used.

Makes me wonder what is considered "the Iron Age"? Could there be a clue in that perception or 'time slot'?

Gimpy said:
In short, it's possible that events placed 40,000 years ago by science could actually be 80,000. Depends on the dating method used.

Makes me wonder what is considered "the Iron Age"? Could there be a clue in that perception or 'time slot'?

I too was wondering about the Iron Age and what made it come about. How come people didn't use iron before? Was it the arrival of iron meteorites that gave the people the clue about using iron?

Kobber melts at 1084 degree C, whereas iron melts at 1538 degree C. Was it a superheating of the atmosphere during a cometary impact that melted iron from exposed iron ore deposits that gave man the insight into this "new" resource? The development and sharing of this new technology could possibly explain why the iron age started at different times around the world.

Gimpy said:

This brought to mind a quote from Fulcanelli, fwiw, at the end of the Hendaye chapter in Mysteries of the Cathedrals:

Finally, in the age of iron, our own age, the cyclic cow or human virtue reaches the utmost degree of feebleness and senility: it is scarcely able to stand, balancing on only one leg. It is the fourth and last age Kali Yuga, the age of misery, misfortune and decrepitude. The age of iron has no other seal than that of Death. Its hierogryph is the skeleton, bearing: the attributes of Saturn: the empty hour-glass, symbol of time run out, and the scythe, reproduced in the figure seven, which is the number of transformation, or destruction, or annihilation.

Jonathan said:
Gimpy said:

This brought to mind a quote from Fulcanelli, fwiw, at the end of the Hendaye chapter in Mysteries of the Cathedrals:

Finally, in the age of iron, our own age, the cyclic cow or human virtue reaches the utmost degree of feebleness and senility: it is scarcely able to stand, balancing on only one leg. It is the fourth and last age Kali Yuga, the age of misery, misfortune and decrepitude. The age of iron has no other seal than that of Death. Its hierogryph is the skeleton, bearing: the attributes of Saturn: the empty hour-glass, symbol of time run out, and the scythe, reproduced in the figure seven, which is the number of transformation, or destruction, or annihilation.

Yes, this is a good Fulcanelli reference. Never sure with alchemical writing, yet perhaps it seems the choice is what needs to be discerned and worked on for the former (bolded), in this age, if it is within ones frequency resonance and genetic profile, to be so, or to answer as best as possible to the latter with ones work and help to others. Diet, iron and much else; all these things seem to be apart of a greater knowledge of work and being.

Aeneas said:
Gimpy said:

I too was wondering about the Iron Age and what made it come about. How come people didn't use iron before? Was it the arrival of iron meteorites that gave the people the clue about using iron?

Kobber melts at 1084 degree C, whereas iron melts at 1538 degree C. Was it a superheating of the atmosphere during a cometary impact that melted iron from exposed iron ore deposits that gave man the insight into this "new" resource? The development and sharing of this new technology could possibly explain why the iron age started at different times around the world.

Here is something more about iron age: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_ferrous_metallurgy

The Iron Age is conventionally defined by the widespread use of steel weapons and tools, alongside or in replacement to bronze ones.[8] That transition happened at different times in different places, as the technology spread through the Old World. Mesopotamia was fully into the Iron Age by 900 BC. Although Egypt produced iron artifacts, bronze remained dominant there until the conquest by Assyria in 663 BC. The Iron Age started in Central Europe around 500 BC, and in India and China sometime between 1200 and 500 BC.[9] Around 500 BC, Nubia became a major manufacturer and exporter of iron. This was after being expelled from Egypt by Assyrians, who used iron weapons.[10]

So Mesopotamia was fully into the Iron age by 900 BC, which is still in the Greek dark Ages and just after recovering from the meteor destruction a couple of centuries earlier (Climate stress event of 1159 BC). Was iron meteors part of the reason for this change?

The initial inspiration to use iron does seem to have a heavenly connection (same article):

The earliest surviving iron artifacts are made from hematite, among the Khormusans of Egypt, c. 3500 BC.[4]

Much later, metal was extracted from iron-nickel meteorites, which comprise about 6% of all meteorites that fall on the earth. That source can often be identified with certainty because of the unique crystalline features ("Widmanstatten figures") of that material, which are preserved when the metal is worked cold or at low temperature. Those artifacts include, for example, a bead from the 5th millennium BC found in Iran [1] and spear tips and ornaments from Ancient Egypt and Sumer around 4000 BC.[5] Meteoric iron has been identified also in a Chinese axe head from the middle of the 2nd millennium BC.

Perhaps made from meteor lumps from the 1628 BC meteor event?

These early uses appear to have been largely ceremonial or ornamental. Meteoritic iron is very rare, and the metal was probably very expensive, perhaps more expensive than gold. The early Hittites are known to have bartered iron (meteoritic or smelted) for silver, at a rate of 40 times the iron's weight, with Assyria[citation needed].

Meteoric iron was also fashioned into tools in the Arctic, beginning around the year 1000, the Thule people of Greenland began making harpoons, knives, ulos and other edged tools from pieces of the Cape York meteorite. Typically pea-size bits of metal were cold-hammered into disks that were fitted into a bone handle.[1] These artifacts were also used as trade goods with other Arctic peoples: tools made from the Cape York meteorite have been found in archaeological sites more than 1,000 miles (1,600 km) away. When the American polar explorer Robert Peary shipped the largest piece of the meteorite to the American Museum of Natural History in New York City in 1897, it still weighed over 33 tons. Another example of a late use of meteoritic iron is an adze from around 1000 AD found in Sweden.[1]

Because meteorites fall from the sky, some linguists have conjectured that the English word iron (OE īsern), which has cognates in many northern and Western European languages, derives from the Etruscan aisar ("the gods").[6] Even if this is not the case, the word is likely a loan into pre-Proto-Germanic from Celtic or Italic. Krahe compares Old Irish, Illyrian, Venetic and Messapic forms.[7]

Although the article from wikipedia says that meteoritic iron is very rare, perhaps that was not always so. After heavy bombardments, there might have been an abundance of it, though little has remained unto the present as it rusts away.

More on the chronology of the iron age: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Age

Chronology

Modern archaeological evidence identifies the start of iron production as taking place in Anatolia around 1200 BC, though some contemporary archaeological evidence points to earlier dates. Around 3000 BC, iron was a scarce and precious metal in the Near East.[clarification needed] Iron's qualities, in contrast to those of bronze, were not understood. Between 1200 BC and 1000 BC, diffusion in the understanding of iron metallurgy and utilization of iron objects was fast and far-flung. In the history of ferrous metallurgy, iron smelting — the extraction of usable metal from oxidized iron ores — is more difficult than tin and copper smelting. These other metals and their alloys can be cold-worked, or melted in simple pottery kilns and cast in molds; but smelted iron requires hot-working and can be melted only in specially designed furnaces. It is therefore not surprising that humans only mastered iron smelting after several millennia of bronze metallurgy.

Lack of archaeological evidence of iron production made it seem unlikely that it had begun earlier elsewhere, and the Iron Age was seen as a case of simple diffusion of a new and superior technology from an invention point in the Near East to other regions. It is now known that meteoric iron, or iron-nickel alloy, was used by various ancient peoples thousands of years before the Iron Age. Such iron, being in its native metallic state, required no smelting of ores.[5][6] By the Middle Bronze Age, increasing numbers of smelted iron objects (distinguishable from meteoric iron by the lack of nickel in the product) appeared in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and South Asia.

Iron in its natural form is barely harder than bronze, and is not useful for tools unless combined with carbon to make steel. The percentage of carbon determines important characteristics of the final product: the more carbon, the harder the steel. The systematic production and use of iron implements in Anatolia began around 2000 BC.[7] Recent archaeological research in the Ganges Valley, India showed early iron working by 1800 BC.[8] However, this metal was expensive, perhaps because of the complications of steel-making. It is attested in both documents and archaeology as a material for precious items such as jewellery.

Snodgrass[9][10] suggests that a shortage of tin, as a part of the Bronze Age Collapse and trade disruptions in the Mediterranean around 1300 BC, forced metalworkers to seek an alternative to bronze. As evidence, many bronze implements were recycled into weapons during this time. More widespread use of iron led to improved steel-making technology at lower cost. Thus, even when tin became available again, iron was cheaper, stronger, and lighter, and forged iron implements superseded cast bronze tools permanently.[11]

Recent archaeological work has modified not only the above chronology, but also the causes of the transition from bronze to iron. New dates from India suggest that iron was being worked there as early as 1800 BC, and African sites are turning up dates as early as 1200 BC,[12][13][14] confounding the idea that there was a simple discovery and diffusion model. Increasingly, the Iron Age in Europe is being seen as a part of the Bronze Age collapse in the ancient Near East, in ancient India (with the post-Rigvedic Vedic civilization), ancient Iran, and ancient Greece (with the Greek Dark Ages). In other regions of Europe, the Iron Age began in the 8th century BC in Central Europe and the 6th century BC in Northern Europe. The Near Eastern Iron Age is divided into two subsections, Iron I and Iron II. Iron I (1200–1000 BC) illustrates both continuity and discontinuity with the previous Late Bronze Age. There is no definitive cultural break between the 13th and 12th century BC throughout the entire region, although certain new features in the hill country, Transjordan, and coastal region may suggest the appearance of the Aramaean and Sea People groups. There is evidence, however, that shows strong continuity with Bronze Age culture, although as one moves later into Iron I the culture begins to diverge more significantly from that of the late 2nd millennium.

Something happened that caused iron to be used in preference to bronze and that it had anything to do with a tin shortage is very questionable I think. Those people ought to read "Comets and the horns of Moses" ;)

I do see that it does not say much about bloodlines per se, so it should perhaps be in a new thread. Sorry if this is only noise.

Edit: Added: (Climate stress event of 1159 BC) to the post for clarity.

This may be a bit off-track for this thread, but in reference to iron (and gold) within a cultural context, I looked up a Grimm Fairy Tale I vaguely remembered from when I was little, I couldn't recall the story except for a golden ball in a dark forest. The version I remember reading was more descriptive than what I found in a quick search online, 'Iron John' or 'Iron Hans': _http://www.authorama.com/grimms-fairy-tales-61.html

I'm going to leave Robert Bly out of this (his book 'Iron John' was inspired by this fairy tale, I haven't read it).

The symbolism of iron in the story is a mixed bag. Iron seems to represent a restrictive/dark element, and is associated with the wild unknown. But it also facilitates transformation, presents trials that assist in learning and allows access to gold. Obvious, I guess, but iron represents stricture/challenge, gold represents access/abundance.

It's not clear to me if the Grimms added the 'iron' element or combined it with another story, looks like some earlier versions of the tale simply refer to the iron man (Iron John) as a hairy wild nature man. Was this commentary on man in the iron age and/or is there something more subtle here, possibly from a physiological or esoteric angle? Anyway, there are some potentially interesting symbols to mine from this story, here are some highlights:

- a rusty, wild 'iron man' hides in a pool of water in the king's forest, using his arm he pulls in/kills ignorant hunters who get too close

- iron man is ultimately caught and imprisoned in an iron cage (ironic, yes?). While playing, the king's son loses his ball of gold in the cage. To get his ball back, the boy frees iron man (the queen keeps the key under her pillow), hurting his hand in the process.

- the iron man takes the boy back into the wilds of the forest; he does not return home to his parents. Turns out that iron man has compassion and treasure, including a gold well that must be kept pure/free of pollutants

- the boy fails the trials given to him by iron man, including dipping his injured hand in the well and accidentally turning his own hair to gold, and is cast out of his forest 'to learn what poverty is.' But because of his 'good heart' he can always call on iron man for help.

- the boy returns to civilization and doesn't want the world to see his golden hair. Other interesting symbolic tribulations follow, including a thigh wound, golden apples, lame horses, and red, white, and black knight outfits

- the story ends with a wedding, where iron man's spell is broken through the boy's heroic actions, he transforms into a king and all of his treasure is available to the boy

The other more familiar fairy tale with golden balls, pools/wells that yield creatures under a spell, and end with happy marriages is "Iron Henry" better known as "The Frog Prince." In this case, the princess's golden ball is lost in a pond with a frog, the frog ultimately transforms into a prince, and bands of iron that surround the heart of the prince's loyal servant (Henry) break off after the prince has returned to his human form and is getting married. This ending seems disjointed to me--the servant seems an afterthought and hardly worthy of the story's title--but it has the same themes of transformation.

Iron also appears in "The Water of Life" tale, with an iron wand and iron doors that allow access to the Water of Life, the iron door wounds the prince's heel, and after his trials the prince ultimately travels a golden road to reach (marry) the princess.

This from a purely practical standpoint: Seeing Laura's advice that everyone should read the book, "Iron Elephant", I went to Amazon to look it up. $111.00 ! That is a bit rich for my blood (excuse the expression). Two questions come to mind. Why is the thing so expensive and is there another source for it that doesn't require me to mortgage my kids?

Otherwise, my ancestors being of Celtic extraction I have decided to have my doctor add the serum ferritin test to my next lab visit. Since I worked in hospitals down through the years it was a habit for me to give blood often (AB-). Thanks people. I still can't believe the price of that book.

buz/p said:
This from a purely practical standpoint: Seeing Laura's advice that everyone should read the book, "Iron Elephant", I went to Amazon to look it up. $111.00 ! That is a bit rich for my blood (excuse the expression). Two questions come to mind. Why is the thing so expensive and is there another source for it that doesn't require me to mortgage my kids?

Otherwise, my ancestors being of Celtic extraction I have decided to have my doctor add the serum ferritin test to my next lab visit. Since I worked in hospitals down through the years it was a habit for me to give blood often (AB-). Thanks people. I still can't believe the price of that book.

I would suggest using the 1st three tests listed at http://ironoverload.org/information/diagnosis-pt1.html, which are TIBC, SI, and SF. The SF test alone won't tell you if you have iron overload, although it may be used during treatment to monitor progress.

Why is the book so expensive? Because a bunch of us here went and bought it and drove the price up. Why is it in short supply would be another question, and I don't have the answer. I do wonder if people with iron overload are being targeted by the PTB, and I especially wonder if something has happened to the IOD Association. It sure seems as though something is up, especially after reading the book. Who knows, though.

An alternative source for the book is given a couple pages back in this thread. Something like 15 bux.

this may have been already said somewhere but anyway... maybe the defense mechanism in question is/was related to the organism preparing for anticipated blood loss, as before an incoming battle? the Celts were considered to be warrior people of unusual endurance during fights, so this would make some sense.

a PaleoHacks thread mentions this, presenting an ilustrative story on old Northern peoples' vitality:

http://paleohacks.com/questions/9976/hemacromatosis-please-help#axzz2QqjsUh3f

Laura said:
An alternative source for the book is given a couple pages back in this thread. Something like 15 bux.

I'm sorry, but in my search I have been unable to find the other source to which you referred for the book. I used the forum search function and only came up with my own posts- also clicking on a couple of the links provided in your posts got me to places I am not allowed on the forum. I re-read the entire thread without success. I read the other thread without success. One of the links sent me back to Amazon which showed that the book is not presently available... OK, now I'll shut my mouth. (I'm done whining for the day).

buz/p said:
I'm sorry, but in my search I have been unable to find the other source to which you referred for the book. I used the forum search function and only came up with my own posts- also clicking on a couple of the links provided in your posts got me to places I am not allowed on the forum. I re-read the entire thread without success. I read the other thread without success. One of the links sent me back to Amazon which showed that the book is not presently available... OK, now I'll shut my mouth. (I'm done whining for the day).

A mod responded to you:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,20265.msg410750.html#msg410750

It's where I got it for the mentioned price.

I hope you'd get the book.

:)

dant said:
@ buz/p: _http://www.bookch.com/6371.htm

Think my order was 14 + change and then 18 for shipping (it can only be shipped here by 1st class), think it must be 3rd, i'm still :knitting: , however, very much looking forward to reading it when it arrives.

An image came to my mind whilst reading the first page in this thread - I realise it is probably unrelated to the discussion but I wanted to share the interesting imagery.

It was with regard to the iron nails - and how if used in construction and rusted in rain, the staining on the walls could resemble lines or trails of blood.

Back
Top Bottom