Candida- The Silent Epidemic

Thanks Psyche. I think I'll even cancel berries and see how that goes. I've started with the UltraSimple Diet anyway, and there are astuondable improvements in my physical well-being, so cancelling another item will hopefully just flow.

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I'm now on the first week with nystatin and had the first day some die off symptoms: stomach ache/nausea and flu like symptoms. And also this day a feeling of nausea.

And now to my question, is there a chance to react allergic against smoking tobacco? Especially in the morning I have to be careful with smoking (kind of stomach ache afterwards) and today this happened in the afternoon where I smoked one cigarette with the result of not feeling to well afterwards.

I'm smoking about 3-4 cigarettes (non additive tobacco) a day.

Do you feel nauseated and have an uneasiness in the stomach, like a stomachache? It can be gastric reflux. DGL (deglycyrrhizinated licorice) relieves these symptoms. If you are nauseated after having the nystatin you can try eating right away after taking it to see how it goes. Nystatin can be tough for the digestive system, so it might be more sensitive than usual to other things including smoking.

Psyche said:
Do you feel nauseated and have an uneasiness in the stomach, like a stomachache? It can be gastric reflux.

Yes, it could be described like that

DGL (deglycyrrhizinated licorice) relieves these symptoms.

I will have a look and see if I can find it.

If you are nauseated after having the nystatin you can try eating right away after taking it to see how it goes.

That's the way I have done it, short before eating or shortly afterwards, I followed the label instructions so far.

Nystatin can be tough for the digestive system, so it might be more sensitive than usual to other things including smoking.

Today the same thing happened to me with a "granny smith" (not peeled) apple, all the symptoms got even worse: brain fog, no motivation, stomach uneasiness, heavy head.

Hi everyone :)

Just a small update on Propolis.
In short - IT ROCKS :D
So far i tested solution of propolis in alcohol in an atomizer and sprayed it over my athlete foot problem.
After around 10 - 12 days , problem is gone :)
I sprayed it everyday before bed and after bath. Also I must add that after 4-5 days I scrubbed dead skin from a toe with hard brush.
The only side effect is that I have yellow toes :D Looks kinda scary but I don't care :) I am not a beach boy :D
I am also inhaling it and I must say that it very efficiently clears sinuses and helps to get rid of phlegm in lungs.
Everyday in the morning I have a coughing session with all that scary stuff getting out of my lungs.
So far so good :D
I`ll be buying next bottle soon :)

Cheers :)

A little update.
As I've written a few posts before, my candida problem has been being maintained via eating too many fruits, that is too many apples. So I went without apples for two days and symptoms such as bloating even increased, and I had a lot of this white coating on my tongue; but at the same time I could feel my body was doing better without them (=the sugar).
However, yesterday at work (I'm working in an organic supermarket) we were allowed to take apples with us, for free. And well, I just couldn't resist.. what a bad idea that was! I was eating four apples throughout the rest of the day, and the symptoms of heavy bloating, swelling and pain in my belly, a flaring up of something itching on my left big toe of which I assume it must be a fungus; as well as deteriorating state of mind (!) were coming back with full force and really bad. Most interesting really was that I could observe the connection between wrong food and the effects of it on my mind: negative thought patterns, feeling down and without energy; hardly able to observe myself or be present.

While it's a pity that I fell back, it also has the positive side of really having shown me what it presently means to my body if I give it sugar. The candida seems to really be in control of my organism.

Even more interesting was that when I got up this morning I decided to do pipe breathing before going to run in the forest: and it was as if something was restricting me, I couldn't breathe deeply all of a sudden, as if something was holding my chest tightly. Very strange.

In any case, the fight continues, I'll be back on track. :ninja:

I've been planning to do an anti-candida diet, and am finishing a colon cleanse today. I was planning on doing in this order:

1. Anti-candida
2. A general detox with the shakes and supplements, bentonite, enemas, DMSO, charcoal, etc.
3. Ultra Simple with food testing
4. DMSA detox.

But I'm wondering if this order would be the best, it seems DMSA should be last because it needs some preparing for. And earlier on this thread it is mentioned that the presence of heavy metals will make candida come back.

So I'm thinking that maybe I should get some heavy metals out with supplements or diet and then start anti-candida. Or are the heavy metals not really a problem?

It is best to make sure you are sleeping all through the night and also, it is best to eliminate all evil foods first and other food intolerances before attempting to kill candida with other measures. Killing candida can be pretty harsh, either the treatment or the die-off symptoms per se. That is why it is also recommended to start a diet before one takes treatment like nystatin or other anti-candida treatment. But in a sense, the elimination diet (ultra simple diet) is already very low in sugar, if you follow the menu, you'll see that fruit is limited. So it is already starting a process of addressing yeast overgrowth.

It is also best to address yeast overgrowth before you start the heavy metal protocol with DMSA. This is because it seems that the DMSA, alpha lipoic acid, and NAC can promote candida overgrowth in the gut, not only by removing heavy metals, but also by feeding it. More info here:

Psyche said:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12791.msg142069#msg142069

Gertrudes said:
Ok, I'm pasting what she has just e-mailed me:

I doubt it’s a transient thing. It is the experience of many doctors involved in chelating heavy metals in autistic children. It has also been something I’ve observed on a couple of occasions. Many sulphur containing compounds used for chelation seem to also have the capacity to aggravate gut imbalances. Obviously it does depend on the state of your gut to begin with and your susceptibility to such problems too. You can just try it and see but it’s something to bear in mind if you do get an unexplained flare up of fungal/yeast symptoms.

Any thoughts?

I finally found some information about this while reading about heavy metal chelation in autistic children. Physicians and researchers from autism.com state that alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is readily consumed by yeast and its usage can exacerbate intestinal yeast overgrowth. The risk of yeast overgrowth may be decreased by lowering the dose. Some nutritional companies sell alpha lipoic acid in 600mg capsules, although it seems that a dose of 100mg twice a day is enough to benefit from the anti-oxidant effects of ALA. Staying at the recommended dose might be the key.

It seems that cysteine and cystine are excellent culture media for candida as well, thus they can worsen intestinal candidiasis when given orally. N-acetylcysteine supplements (NAC) contain cysteine, so they are also believed to feed candida. Notice that this is something that has been seen in autistic children. This is also a concern for DMSA therapy, although to a lesser extent.

It seems that a different mechanism might also be involved, for example the excretion of heavy metals into the gut which can then cause a yeast overgrowth:

autism.com said:
Some detoxification treatments can cause or exacerbate bacteria/yeast dysbiosis, either directly by providing food to them, or by causing excretion of toxic metals into the gut. This appears to especially be a problem for oral alpha lipoic acid and NAC, sometimes is a problem for oral DMSA, somewhat less of a problem for oral DMPS, and perhaps rarely a problem for transdermal DMPS.

As a recommendation, people are encouraged to treat yeast overgrowth before detoxifying heavy metals.

FWIW, I'll start with the ultrasimple diet, then move on to the anti candida diet and end up with the DMSA detox. The shakes start with the ultrasimple diet and also supplementation (at least vitamin C and magnesium to help with withdrawal symptoms). The rest of your general detox can start with the ultrasimple diet or right afterwards.

Psyche said:
FWIW, I'll start with the ultrasimple diet, then move on to the anti candida diet and end up with the DMSA detox. The shakes start with the ultrasimple diet and also supplementation (at least vitamin C and magnesium to help with withdrawal symptoms). The rest of your general detox can start with the ultrasimple diet or right afterwards.

Got it, thanks Psyche! Now I know how best to go about this.

3D Student said:
Psyche said:

Got it, thanks Psyche! Now I know how best to go about this.

Yes, thank you, Psyche, that helps me, too. I think I'll go more slowly and just first of all get a good handle with the ultra simple diet in order to then move on to treat the candida overgrowth.

I just found out that candida test is inaccurate,.....,.... wish I noticed that therad before, instead of following saliva test and being on anti candida diet for almost 5 months. :-[ Thank you.

Ljubica said:
I just found out that candida test is inaccurate,.....,.... wish I noticed that therad before, instead of following saliva test and being on anti candida diet for almost 5 months. :-[ Thank you.

Hi Ljubica,

The ant-candida diet is very close to the ultra-simple diet, which means you've been eating very healthily for the last five months. How can that be bad?:) Have you noticed improvements in your energy or physical state? We'd love to hear how being on the diet has affected you.

Herondancer

herondancer said:
Ljubica said:

Hi Ljubica,

The ant-candida diet is very close to the ultra-simple diet, which means you've been eating very healthily for the last five months. How can that be bad?:) Have you noticed improvements in your energy or physical state? We'd love to hear how being on the diet has affected you.

Herondancer

Hi Herondancer,

The fact I'm on diet is not bad at all actually it is the best thing I ever tried together with EE and detox, I just feeling sorry because I introduced this test to my family and friends (Violeta, my mom, sanja and nensi) and jhonny on the forum, but one of moderators informed me about the real facts and it's inaccuracy.

Related to my experiences with anti Candida and detox, I'll gladly share them :D.

I commenced with anti candida on 01.01.2010 together with my husband, took some time for the preps, actually during the time when the rest of my family was thinking what to eat for the Xmas and new year, I was trying to get necessary food for fresh start :); some things were almost impossible to find in Croatia, simple things, like non ionized sea salt or fresh organic meat, not to mention all dietary supplements, I was total rookie in this situation, and I guess the most easiest thing to do was to empty the fridge, to throw all junk food from the freezer, but to start with, was a bit more complicated. Anyway we made saliva test, read Laura's guidance in this thread, printed her guidance about: food to eat and post it on the empty fridge, and commenced with it :D.
It was pretty simple to prepare green veggies on steam, and to spice them with garlic and olive oil, (this recipes are traditional in Dalmatia anyway), it was easy to eliminate food with gluten and sugar, it was easy to throw all Teflon pans and to start to prepare meal in Inox, the hardest thing was to get rid of coffee and chocolate (this was my own big test):) I managed to forget somehow ;) on coffee because I was drinking big amounts of water, green tea and freshly squeezed lemon juice but how to forget on chocolate, I have no clue. My husband don't like brown rice and green vegetables but since he decided to do it together with me, he was pretty successful in eating every experimental recipe I tried in last 6 months, and trust me some of them looked pretty unattractive :/, well I have to give a try and invent new things with new ingredients on healthy way ;D.
One of hardest part for both of us was to switch from milk to alternative combinations, after somewhat messy experimentation with blender and brown rice we managed to blend nice home made almond and pumpkin milk (because can't buy them in cro), and for my husband (who is master baker) was most challenging to expell regular bread from the menu, but with more of playing with buckwheat flour we got really nice and tasty buckwheat bread and pancakes (thanks to all recipes on the forum).
We felt like we declared war on candida and no matter how bad was healthy cooking at first (poor hubby he deserves a Nobel prize in eating all these experimental stuff I made in first 2 months of diet), we made it, I had strongest reaction of fighting candida after 2 weeks and my husband after 3 weeks, we noticed improvement in 3 months, and in 4th month of our anti candida war we decided to slowly start to include other food in our menu and see how we are reacting on it. I found out that I'm having problem with milk but not with butter (although I learned how to make ghee, seems like I have no problem with regular butter), and allergic reactions on gluten, bananas and beans (except green pees and chick pea). My hubby is the lucky one he only have one problem and that is craving for all the pastry and bread he's making every day, actually he is not allergic to any food (lucky guy). We balanced our daily menu according to our blood types and even growing our own veggies and fruits, producing olive oil, milk and eggs.

Health improvements;

My husband had a problems with muscle spasms and headaches and kidney stone, but thanks to balanced and healthy diet his problems are gone; no more spasms, headaches only when working double shift in bakery (but milder than ever) and kidney stone operation is not necessary any more because this kidney stone managed to find the way out allone), the most significant is energy improvement, for someone who is for 2 decades sleeping during the day and working during the night w/o weekend break, he is feeling better than ever and pretty much energised, lost 6,5 kilos.

I had lot of small problems like: migraines, irregular blood pressure, tinnitus, hearing problems (thanks to diving accident), weight problems (my weight oscillations are connected mostly to extremely stressful working environment, I'm Executive Housekeeper and working on board cruise ships for 12 years, I tend to gain weight while working on ships, at least that is what happened before),...,...
I start with EE breathing program together with anti candida and detox, increase in energy, regular sleeping and lack of costiveness was first to notice, it is hard for me to say what improvement happaned thanks to anti candida diet or detox or EE breathing and meditation, because I practice all these things together and they are all crucial part of my new life style, here are some improvements:

1-Energised :)
2-No mood swings
3-Calmer than ever
3-Much better memory
4-No more insomnia
5-From extra strong and long migraines attacks to sporadic migraines attacks (using 1/11 of Sumatripan medicine, so only 1/11 of last year dosage)
6-No more tinnitus
7-Normalized blood pressure, blood tests
8-Lost 15 kilos
9-Stereo Hearing again (I believe this is thanks to EE and vagus nerve training,)
11-Excellent focus

I'm feeling like I need to drink much more water than ever, and having no wish to go back to previous eating habits and life style. EE and detox is part of our lives and I must say all junk food life style from the last year seems like light years away and part of some other universe :)

I would like to express my gratitude to; Laura, our moderators and forum members for practical and valuable info & support. :clap:

This is really great to hear, Ljubica. No Nobel Peace Prizes needed for you or you hubby. Good health is a prize in itself. :D

Odyssey said:
This is really great to hear, Ljubica. No Nobel Peace Prizes needed for you or you hubby. Good health is a prize in itself. :D

:rotfl: Oh, I don't know my recipes were really really bad at first....,....

Back
Top Bottom