Candida- The Silent Epidemic

I am really impressed Ljubica! :clap: I am glad for you.
Thank you for sharing your experiences, it gives me a hope.

Ljubica said:
:rotfl: Oh, I don't know my recipes were really really bad at first....,....

Oh, I know what you mean. Before I realized that buckwheat and I could never be friends, I made some dishes that were beyond horrendous. I made some almond cookies once that reminded me of greasy baked sand. :P

Ljubica said:
[ I managed to forget somehow ;) on coffee because I was drinking big amounts of water, green tea and freshly squeezed lemon juice but how to forget on chocolate, I have no clue.

Hi Ljubica, I'm happy to hear that diet changes you and your family made resulted in such a health improvements. It is the most valuable evidence of how diet changes can dramatically improve human health and overall condition. Just for your attention I'm pointing out that green tea may contain significant amounts of fluoride, so it would be wise to cut it out from menu. It was discused in this thread: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9192.msg74442#msg74442

Perhaps ginger tea or rose hips will do the trick? I'm too having chocolate addiction problem and I'm currently trying with 5HTP to boost serotonin level, but so far it is a struggle.

istina said:
I am really impressed Ljubica! :clap: I am glad for you.
Thank you for sharing your experiences, it gives me a hope.

Don't worry it's a bit intense and perhaps even confusing at first (wondering how to do it, where to buy all these strange and new ingredients and suplies) but if I (probably the most clumsiest person on the world managed to go trough it (had situation when brown rice was flying all around the kitchen from the blender at max speed - 1st attempt to make milk alternative :lol2:)) than everyone can do it, I have no doubt in that :).

Odyssey said:
Ljubica said:
:rotfl: Oh, I don't know my recipes were really really bad at first....,....

Oh, I know what you mean. Before I realized that buckwheat and I could never be friends, I made some dishes that were beyond horrendous. I made some almond cookies once that reminded me of greasy baked sand. :P

You know, we should actually make new thread :P: how not to make healthy food or: please do not attempt these things at home with healthy food. Jeez, it so nice to know I'm not the only one with hilarious culinary attempts, such a relief, thank you.

PS: You had your almond cookies, I had my: buckwheat pastry attempts (still trying), my mom told me they are looking like something my cat used to leave behind when having problem with the belly, I think that was actually understatement. :lol2:

Regulattor said:
Ljubica said:
[ I managed to forget somehow ;) on coffee because I was drinking big amounts of water, green tea and freshly squeezed lemon juice but how to forget on chocolate, I have no clue.

Hi Ljubica, I'm happy to hear that diet changes you and your family made resulted in such a health improvements. It is the most valuable evidence of how diet changes can dramatically improve human health and overall condition. Just for your attention I'm pointing out that green tea may contain significant amounts of fluoride, so it would be wise to cut it out from menu. It was discused in this thread: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9192.msg74442#msg74442

Perhaps ginger tea or rose hips will do the trick? I'm too having chocolate addiction problem and I'm currently trying with 5HTP to boost serotonin level, but so far it is a struggle.

Ajajajaj, now I have to quit with the green tea, and I actually start to like it. :cry:

Thanks for the info.

Neither a green tee?? :cry: After all this years when I was totally convinced that I am doing right thing? :huh:

No wonder my family is not supportive in my diet changes, after all this years "experimentation" with vegetarianism, ayurveda, macrobiotics...
Regulator please would you tell me where did you get melatonin and 5HTP?

Ljubica said:
Regulattor said:
Ljubica said:

Ajajajaj, now I have to quit with the green tea, and I actually start to like it. :cry:

Thanks for the info.

Congratulations Ljubica on all your changes and health improvements! It is so inspiring to read about people having the will power to make such significant changes - and it helps me push forward with my own!

Regulattor said:

Ack!! I have been trying to drink more green tea, less black tea b/c of caffeine. I thought if I purchased a good quality green tea, that fluoride was not a huge issue. Also, Dr. Mark Hyman is really big on green tea :huh:

As for chocolate addiction...sigh. I am really good about not eating sweets, but dark chocolate is a necessary food item at 3pm :D. I take 5HTP - I think about 200mg/day. I have given up so many things...doing without chocolate just seems like an impossibility :/

aleana said:
Congratulations Ljubica on all your changes and health improvements! It is so inspiring to read about people having the will power to make such significant changes - and it helps me push forward with my own!

Regulattor said:

Ack!! I have been trying to drink more green tea, less black tea b/c of caffeine. I thought if I purchased a good quality green tea, that fluoride was not a huge issue. Also, Dr. Mark Hyman is really big on green tea :huh:

As for chocolate addiction...sigh. I am really good about not eating sweets, but dark chocolate is a necessary food item at 3pm :D. I take 5HTP - I think about 200mg/day. I have given up so many things...doing without chocolate just seems like an impossibility :/

Thanks aleana,

Related to green tea, seems like I'm out of danger zone having 1 (summer time)-2 (winter time) cups per day of high quality, young loose leaf green tea made with bottled water. :)

And about chocolate, although I enjoy in dark chocolate with +85% cocoa from time to time, funny thing it's not like before the detox and diet, I could eat any chocolate in a second (probably world speed record) because I needed huge amounts of sugar especially while I was doing 15 hours shifts or night hours :-[. Right now after 6 months of detox and diet I feel no desire to eat sugar :D, or ice creams or pastry or anything like that. I found out chocolate cravings pop up 2-3 times a month, and I usually take just a pinch of it. My husband ordered"Godiva" chocolate for my upcoming birthday, I took small bite of pettit four with marzipan coated in dark chocolate and I noticed, this shocking ultra sugary taste, I could not eat it, I really don't know what really happened in my brain in last 6 months or in my body but sugar doesn't have the same taste as last year :huh:

Good to hear that you have a good effects with diet Ljubica !
I am still working on it.

Also about sugar I`ll add what i noticed.
In general I do not it sugar at all. I stopped liking it when i started smoking, which was when I was 15 :-[
But from time to time I like to have this bad baaad coffee with honey and milk.
So when I stopped having that coffee for a while , and ate only veggies, after only 2 days I noticed that I have very strong cravings for sugar.
That was very weird since I never think about stuff like Snickers or chocolate, so it only confirmed that my candida mates are very hungry little beasts ;)

Anyway, I wish you all good in fighting this lil monster ! Thumbs UP ! :)

drygol said:
But from time to time I like to have this bad baaad coffee with honey and milk.
So when I stopped having that coffee for a while , and ate only veggies, after only 2 days I noticed that I have very strong cravings for sugar

Oh yeah, coffee with lots of honey and cream. That was the last to go for me, first honey, then cream, then coffee. Funny though, I'd already been on the diet for a while so the sugar cravings weren't so bad. Now even natural fruit is almost too sweet, I don't even think about cream (see the SOTT vid on evil dairy), and I think if I had even two swallows of coffee, I'd be bouncing off the walls.

Just keep starving the little sugar beasties. They'll give up!

Herondancer

I am ready to start my Candida diet and just have a couple of questions:

Have I understood it correctly that I should limit my intake of legumes and grains during the first month?
Can I eat beetroots, carrots and sweet potatoes?
Peas are out, right?
If I'm not mistaken, I should stop taking ALA and NAC during the program.
Should probiotics be taken during the whole program?

Psyche gave a comprehensive program on how to use Nystatin powder. However, I have only been able to find it in tablets. I'm thinking of buying 500000 IU tablets and taking 1 pill 3 times a day. Should I start wit one pill for a few weeks and then progressively increase the dose? Also, how to stop? Should the dose also be decreased slowly?

Apologies if any of these questions have been addressed, I did read the whole thread and in some cases there seems to be contradictory information from different researches.

Many thanks for any help!

Gertrudes said:
I am ready to start my Candida diet and just have a couple of questions:

Have I understood it correctly that I should limit my intake of legumes and grains during the first month?
Can I eat beetroots, carrots and sweet potatoes?
Peas are out, right?
If I'm not mistaken, I should stop taking ALA and NAC during the program.
Should probiotics be taken during the whole program?

Psyche gave a comprehensive program on how to use Nystatin powder. However, I have only been able to find it in tablets. I'm thinking of buying 500000 IU tablets and taking 1 pill 3 times a day. Should I start wit one pill for a few weeks and then progressively increase the dose? Also, how to stop? Should the dose also be decreased slowly?

Apologies if any of these questions have been addressed, I did read the whole thread and in some cases there seems to be contradictory information from different researches.

Many thanks for any help!

Hi Gertrudes,

Beetroots, carrots and sweet potatoes should be limited as well. In some diets, they are in the "to avoid" list, but if you have done the detox diet for awhile, I don't see why you should eliminate them completely. Here is a guide on how to take Nystatin:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9796.msg89268#msg89268

It specifies how to take it in between meals and how to increase the dose. If you are getting tablets, then:

Since the treatment of intestinal candidiasis requires at least 750,000
units, 4 times a day, a month's supply would be at least 90 million units.

The tablets are prescribed in the amount of 2-3 tablets 2-4 times per day
for older children and adults. Incidentally, 1/8 teaspoon of the powder is
supposed to equal to one oral tablet in terms of potency.
See more
information on doses under Nystatin Powder.

You can convert the guide into tablets with the above info.

In general, you stop nystatin one month after symptoms disappear. But if you have done the detox diet and have no symptoms, then you can do 4 weeks of nystatin. Everybody is different, some may need more and others may need less.

Nystatin doesn't get absorbed, so it is safe. But it can give you digest symptoms such as nausea. If this happens, you can eat right away. If you are still having problems, then I'll consider an alternative approach. You can take probiotics throughout the entire program, 30' after taking the nystatin and 30' before eating. Also, don't worry if you have green poo with nystatin, this is normal because it is usually yellow and it doesn't get absorbed.

:)

Back
Top Bottom