Candida- The Silent Epidemic

Thank Luthien for the test, if I have scored low today, it's because of my anti-candida detox that I followed for 4 months (from end of May to mid October). It all started when I had that "wake up call" dream cited here ; http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12706.msg91063#msg91063, If I had taken the test a that time, the score would have been way higher. You always wonder if the detox is effective, if you are doing the right things, is the new diet that we have adopted since starting the detox enough, is the gluten free, sugar free, lactose free, soy, corn free etc... and supplement like vit. A,C,D,E, ALA etc... or the bio food from meat to veggies to cereal like buckwheat, quinoa or rice flour that we are now eating help. All I can say is that we feel healthy, my spouse and daughter followed me since the start and being the one that cook the meal, I had to adapt some recipe or replace proceed food that we use to buy ( meat and desert) with home made one. Last month we got our infrared sauna and all the family is progressing along the detox program with me. At first sign of runny nose from my daughter, she will come in the sauna with me or my spouse and sweat the cold away. So far we deal twice with it this way and an extra dose of vitamin C and she got rid of it in the first stage. Providing and healthy diet to my family is one of my priority and for those who think that kid may not understand, just explain to them in word that they can understand the why and you will be surprise how fast they will become allies. Isn't it a healthy society build whit healthy family?

To finish, I had another dream last week where I was driving a car on a highway. This one was all white and the sound of the engine was so delicious to ear, so powerful was it. Two car passed me, one on the right and one to the left, at high speed and I was tempted to follow them but, decided to just enjoy a quiet drive. Surprise they smashed one into the other just in front of me but I easily change lane and passed without a scratch. I felt, upon waking up, that I was going in the right direction concerning my health and if I was doing the right thing and feeling strong my family was as well.

Laura said:
Rabelais said:
I have hesitated to respond to this thread for fear of sounding like I am spamming the board, but candida is a relatively simple organism to rid the body of. The elemental nanosilver hydrosols will ferret it out of every nook and cranny that the bloodstream can reach. This just leaves the lower intestine inaccessible, and that can be handled with silver sol enemas.

The problem is, you can't just kill the candida and be done with it. Candida has an intimate relationship with heavy metal toxicity and if you kill it with silver and have not taken care of the heavy metals, then it will be back in 24 hours. It can take a couple years to get rid of all your heavy metals, too.

I've tried the silver for candida and it had no experiential effects at all. If it did kill the critters, they were back in a flash. What I do notice is that a consistent hammering of them, restoring normal flora, and metals detox at the same time, seems to be slowly, but surely, bringing the thing under control.

I totally agree that if causal factors are not eliminated, the problem does not get permanently solved. I posted that information for those who are under extreme symptomatic stress and would like some relief while they deal with the larger dietary issues. Candida infection presents in many forms and symptoms and many of them respond nicely to silver. While it may not have addressed your chronic inflammation, this does not mean that others may not gain relief from candida symptoms that are not as seriously systemically entrenched around heavy metal toxicity.

I just received an interesting email from a friend. It is about a live blood study that was done using subjects who follow the Weston A. Price diet. It is very similar to a paleo diet and Price was probably the one who created the original interest in that form of nutrition, back in the 1920s and 30s. He does advocate dairy though (unpasteurized). Anyway the report is interesting, especially as it regards inflammation.

I'll post this here, rather than start a new thread, since I think it is relevant to this discussion.

_https://www.ptfassociates.com/secure/wisetraditions/lecture09.asp

Live Blood Analysis of Persons Consuming the Weston A. Price (WAP) Diet:

A Pilot Study

By Beverly Rubik, Ph.D.

Institute for Frontier Science

6114 LaSalle Ave. PMB 605

Oakland, CA 94611

brubik(at)earthlink.net

November, 2009

Introduction to Live Blood Analysis

Live blood analysis involves visual examination of freshly drawn peripheral blood under conditions of fasting viewed under an optical microscope. The blood is observed in their native state without any preservatives. This test is used to provide information about the nutritional status and the biological terrain. The test requires a dark-field or phase contrast microscope, and the data, consisting of images of the blood, are recorded using a high-contrast video camera attached to it.

Some of the factors observed during live blood analysis are the following: (1) size and shape of the red blood cells; (2) stickiness and aggregation of red blood cells; (3) aggregation and motility of white blood cells; (4) presence or absence of platelet aggregates and the clotting protein, fibrin; (5) relative level of chylomicrons (lipid particles); (6) crystalline deposits (for example, cholesterol); (7) presence of unusual particles in the plasma (for example, particulates of hair dye); (8) microbes and parasites; and (9) appearance and stability of the red blood cells over time.

Research Questions for the Pilot Study

 What do we observe in live blood analysis of persons on the Weston A. Price diet?

 What similarities and differences do we see in the blood for those on the Weston A. Price diet?

 How does the blood of those on the Weston A. Price diet look compared to those eating conventional modern diets of processed foods, including organic foods?

Method and Procedures

An announcement of the study was emailed to the membership of the WAP Foundation in the San Francisco Bay Area to help recruit subjects. Prospective candidates were asked to complete a 3-page questionnaire. The 8 best subjects were selected from the Pilot Study on WAP Diet, Dr. Beverly Rubik 2

respondents to participate, based on the following criteria. Participates must be over 25 years old; have no serious illnesses or health conditions; take no prescription drugs; consume the WAP diet for at least the past 2 years; and conform to the principles of the WAP diet at least 80% of the time.

Live blood analysis was done only once with each subject, who fasted at least 5 hours before testing. The blood factors were scored using a Likert scale questionnaire developed for live blood analysis. Photographs and short videos of the blood as seen under the microscope were made.

Preliminary Results

Data from this study are being compared to that for persons, matched for age, eating conventional modern diets, including organic foods. Preliminary analysis shows a constellation of factors that seem to be unique to those on the WAP diet compared to conventional modern diets:

(1) Relatively less blood coagulation was observed initially, including less aggregation or clumping of red blood cells, less platelet aggregates (small cells that clump together to initiate blood clotting), and less fibrin (clotting protein).

(2) After one hour, very little or no fibrin and hardly any blood clotting was observed.

(3) The level of chylomicrons (lipid particles) observed in the blood was relatively high.

Further analysis of data is still underway.

Preliminary Conclusions and Discussion

Preliminary results suggest that for those on the WAP diet, blood congestion is considerably less than for those on conventional modern diets. Blood coagulation (clotting) is not apparent initially and is also inhibited for up to one hour. This is important, because early blood clotting is linked to inflammatory processes in the body. That is, when biochemical inflammatory pathways are turned on in the body, the blood clots faster, because inflammatory factors cause platelets to aggregate, blood cells to stick together and clump, and fibrin to form. On the other hand, when inflammatory pathways are not activated, then these processes do not take place, and blood clotting is inhibited.

Chronic biochemical inflammation is believed to be an underlying cause of virtually all the chronic degenerative diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and arthritis. Therefore, preventing chronic inflammation in the body is believed to be central to preventing chronic disease. Pilot Study on WAP Diet, Dr. Beverly Rubik 3

The relative absence of inflammation seen in the blood of persons consuming the WAP diet is not surprising. It is consistent with the WAP philosophy of eating natural whole foods that are fresh, wholesome, and unprocessed, except for the use of fermentation to make nutrients more accessible while breaking down toxic constituents in foods such as grains. Healthy foods "tell" our bodily tissues not to initiate inflammation, because there is nothing to fight. Such whole foods have less toxic constituents in them compared to conventional processed foods such as cereal flakes produced by heat, and the pasteurization of milk, which lead to denatured proteins that may be antigenic and cause the body to initiate the biochemistry of inflammation to fight them. Moreover, the high probiotic content in the fermented foods of the WAP diet would be expected to facilitate a healthy colon, thus preventing problems such as leaky gut syndrome, whereby undigested proteins leak into the blood stream activating the inflammatory cascade. Therefore, it would be expected that for persons consuming the WAP diet, there would be less activation of allergic reactions and other inflammatory processes in the body.

Not much in this that isn't already known here, but I thought the live blood observations were of interest. I am not aware of anyone else making this type of nutrition related blood study. Possibly the multinational food corporations are, but findings not in support of their marketing agendas will likely never see the light of day.

Actually, what are the possible causes of candida? In this article here http://ecandida.com/candida-albicans/causes/ it says that they are:

• unhealthy diet
  • overuse of antibiotics
  • birth control pills
  • compromised immune system
  • diabetes
  • stress

What are the others aside from the ones listed above?

Hi farny,

Since this is your first post here, we would like to invite you to go to our Newbies board and introduce yourself. Nothing personal, just telling us what brought you to this forum. Have you read any of Laura's books? How you found us. That sort of thing. :)

farny said:
Actually, what are the possible causes of candida? In this article here http://ecandida.com/candida-albicans/causes/ it says that they are:

• unhealthy diet
  • overuse of antibiotics
  • birth control pills
  • compromised immune system
  • diabetes
  • stress

What are the others aside from the ones listed above?

There are also a ton of articles out there about probable causes of Candida, in addition to what is available on this forum.
Sometimes you just gotta use a search engine and do some research!

hi everyone :)

I was looking for new hints about candida and i found this page about dysbiosis :

__http://curezone.com/dis/1.asp?C0=117

It appears that there is all info in one place , also quite accurate if compared to our own library of info here , plus lots of new info.

I'm considering planning and doing the anti-candida "war".

Below is a list, with what is needed and what I found in this topic:

• [#]anti fungal drug
    [#]pro biotics
    [#]supplements (Vit C, fishoil, l-glutamin, multi vitamin)
    [#]anti candida diet
    [#](optional) fir sauna

Did I miss something?

Do I need some serious preparation beforehand (best option when I have holidays)? And can I feel much worse when I start the anti-candida treatment? I'm asking, because when I look at my current state, then I can hardly do anything productive at all, so it seems to me it doesn't matter if I now suffer from the treatment, or still suffer when I'm still waiting with the treatment until holidays.

If you have die-off symptoms of Candida, they should last for a few days, but each person is different. Taking extra vitamin C, drinking lots of water, making sure your bowels are clear and doing saunas (if possible) should all make this die-off symptoms easier.

If you have die-off symptoms of Candida, they should last for a few days, but each person is different. Taking extra vitamin C, drinking lots of water, making sure your bowels are clear and doing saunas (if possible) should all make this die-off symptoms easier

I can testify to that. Last tuesday I began my attempt to deal with candida, as i have been a sugar junkie my whole life.

I got a bottle of a candida cleanser called "aqua flora" and the results were, and are impressive, to me at least.

I wake up, take 2 tablespoons of cleanser, also taking probiotics with this. Now, tuesday when i started this, i had die off symptoms

that same day. Cramps, gas, bloating, was the first day. No sugar, bread, alcohol, anything of the sort. Wednsday i wake up with

the worst migraine i've ever had in my life, along with the symptoms of the previous day. The headache continued all day, fortunately the

worst of the symptoms I dealt with was during my 2 days off. I took TONS of vitamin C, drank tons of water, oceans of it.

I honestly felt like i would die, i was sicker than i've ever felt in my life. On day 3, the symptoms were still present but had

setlled out quite a bit and by day 4, i felt more or less "normal" (although there's no such thing in a toxic world). Today is day six

and i find that i don't have sugar cravings like i used to, haven't had soda or anything of the sort. Obviously, this is something

that needs constant upkeep and attention but it's got me feeling MUCH better than i used to feel, my bloodsugar is more stable too.

I'm noticing that my body's patterns are changing, all sorts of things I can't even remember at the moment 'cause my schedule is

hectic today. If you start one of these diets/programs, expect to feel like crap for a while, but all the pain is worth it. :cool2:

Did I miss something?

well you missed chepest and best antifugal :D

GARLIC :)

I know i know it smells , but it really works.

Also somwhere in this thread , there is grapefruit seeds extract suggested as a good antifungal.
I am taking Greposept recently , and I`ll let you guys know how good it is against candida.
It is also cheap , a small bottle which will last forever costs something around 12-15 $ in my country.
It is simply condensed extract of grapefruit seeds.

here is a link to this product: __http://www.greposept.com/grepo.php?verze=en

drygol said:
Did I miss something?

well you missed chepest and best antifugal :D

GARLIC :)

;) Okay thanks for that.

I ordered yesterday first the drug nystatin, but I think I will experiment with the natural stuff and get more into it later on.

drygol said:
It is also cheap , a small bottle which will last forever costs something around 12-15 $ in my country. It is simply condensed extract of grapefruit seeds.

Compared to the drug it is indeed very cheap.

abstract said:
The headache continued all day, fortunately the worst of the symptoms I dealt with was during my 2 days off.

I took TONS of vitamin C, drank tons of water, oceans of it.

I honestly felt like i would die, i was sicker than i've ever felt in my life. On day 3, the symptoms were still present but had

setlled out quite a bit and by day 4, i felt more or less "normal" (although there's no such thing in a toxic world). Today is day six

and i find that i don't have sugar cravings like i used to, haven't had soda or anything of the sort. Obviously, this is something

that needs constant upkeep and attention but it's got me feeling MUCH better than i used to feel, my bloodsugar is more stable too.

I'm noticing that my body's patterns are changing, all sorts of things I can't even remember at the moment 'cause my schedule is

hectic today. If you start one of these diets/programs, expect to feel like crap for a while, but all the pain is worth it. :cool2:

Did you also "pipebreathe" during that time of pain and suffering?

Well, I'm looking forward for this cleansing effect, also when it means to suffer more. Because at the moment it doesn't matter what I'm eating, I'm feeling not well at all afterwards.

Ohh , and i forgot to mention , soon I will be testing if Propolis is effective. If yes then it would mean that we have another natural and cheap antifungal , I mean it is a very good antifungal , question is how good it is against candida.

drygol said:
Ohh , and i forgot to mention , soon I will be testing if Propolis is effective. If yes then it would mean that we have another natural and cheap antifungal , I mean it is a very good antifungal , question is how good it is against candida.

Was at our local Apiary today and picked up a bottle of Propolis; like you drygol, will be testing this too and will post any observations.

Thanks for all your contributions.

I also need to fight the candida overgrowth in my body, but until I've been ever postponing it.
The thing is I didn't get candida overgrowth from sugar and other sweets (I cancelled these things a long time ago), but from eating too many dried fruits and too many fruits generally. Fruits to me were the substitution for real sweets (I cancelled sugar and ordinary sweets because I suffered from their detrimental effects and just had to cancel them). And for maybe four years I've been eating dried fruits almost every day leading I think to my candida problem. It was very hard to cancel the dried fruits, but I've been off them for a few months now. :) Only problem I still have is eating apples. Now apples are my source for sweets, and although I can feel they are currently detrimental to the healing of candida, it's hard to let them go. But I'll do so, too.
My plan is to first of all cancel my fruit intake and then apply an antifungal drug (also to do with finances).

Just one question if anyone of you knows: how come berries can be eaten during an anti-candida diet? Berries also contain fruit sugar, don't they? Are raspberries okay, too?

Puzzle said:
Just one question if anyone of you knows: how come berries can be eaten during an anti-candida diet? Berries also contain fruit sugar, don't they? Are raspberries okay, too?

Yeah, in theory all fruits should be limited. Lemons are considered safe. Some anti-candida diets include low to moderate sugar fruits (according to their glycemic index) once or twice per week. Blueberries are considered safe by some because of its nutritional value. I remember reading the Yeast Connection by William Crook, a doctor who did a lot to bring the candida problem into the awareness of many. His diet was actually more flexible than many, starting very strict and then re-introducing some foods to see how it went. Like with the elimination diet (Ultra Simple diet).

Back
Top Bottom