(CRW Am-EU) What temporary schedule is best for you?

• Sunday 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Saturdays 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Happy Birthday to you SMM, hope you had a fun night out.

I was curious, relating to the discussion last night that history is repeating itself re pattern of elite behaviour, climate fluctuations, ongoing wars, comets and the black plague, how many wars are ongoing at present. Well, according to wikipedia, there are 15 wars ongoing, of which 4 are classified as 'major'. Ten of them have been ongoing for over 10 years and the oldest (Afghanistan) has been ongoing since 1978! Indeed, it seems we are overdue for some action 🎃☄️

I tried to copy paste the graphics as depicted on the wikipedia site but somehow it didn't take. So for the sake of clarity, i refer to the first two categories List of ongoing armed conflicts - Wikipedia

Reading through Ch 33, and it’s full of many insights (as always), especially with regards to cleaning our machine.
“We have found that dealing with the issues of narcissism and psychopathology in our world is the clearest and most direct path to dealing with programs, buffers or the Predator’s mind in man. Most human beings in the world are narcissistic and most of us are raised by narcissists. The world itself – society, culture, science, religion – is heavily influenced by psychopathic influences and these influences are one of the reasons that most potentially healthy people become narcissistic – it is a defense – a system of buffers.

And so, as we are raised in a psychopathic/narcissistic world, we also grow these buffers that separate us from our true self and that force our machine to use up vast quantities of soul energy just to keep running at all.

And so, we approach the problem in a very pragmatic and practical way. A person can do nothing until they are psychologically healthy and this means removing buffers, mentally going over the machine in a careful and thorough way, cleaning it, re-wiring it and most of all, having new experiences that help with this re-wiring process in an environment where this is possible.” LKJ

I decided to re-read Samenow’s The Myth of the Out of Character Crime. For anyone who hasn’t already read all the books on psychopathy, it’s so worth doing. And doing it with the aim of spotting those behaviours within oneself more so than spotting it in others. It’s quite the shock of the system!
[
Samenow's book opens the doors to looking at our programming and 'struggles' in a specifically focused light. While there are many elements that have been discussed here before, I think the work structures things in such a way that leaves no wiggle room for lies. That said, the book can still be read in two different ways. It can be read as applying to criminals only and you can check off how this or that thinking error doesn't apply to you. If there are deep seated programs and issues that you live with, this method of reading can be a thinking error in itself, in part coming from the maintenance of a self-image as a good and decent person. Admittedly, that is how I started the book. Samenow remarks in the preface of the book how this is a major barrier to change:

“No matter how much physical, financial, or emotional damage he causes, the criminal believes he is a good person. Maudlin sentiment can savage brutality reside side-by-side within the same individual. "I can change from tears to ice and back again," commented one violent predator. It is important to understand how a criminal fortifies his good opinion of himself so that he can do a kind of deed for someone and then, shortly thereafter, wreak havoc. The criminal's view of himself as a decent person constitutes a major barrier to change.” (Samenow)

In my opinion, the game-changing aspect of this book in application to the work is how it highlights thinking errors among the extremes and how those same seeds exist within many people who are 'damaged' in one way or another. ~snip
Here is the thread on Raine, Samenow, Fallon: Neuropsychology & The Work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom