New Jersey state(USA) too declared emergency today, the cases increased to 11 ( no deaths) and schools are preparing to conduct classes remotely. Before the announcement, as i observed today normally very busy train stations, parking lots and trains are very very light with traffic. Almost all corporations are prepared for eventuality and asked folks to work from home.

In many countries, hospitals and hospital workers are already stretched thin, so that even a moderate increase of critical cases can lead to what is already being considered in Italy. Namely, having to choose which patients receive critical care and which are left to die:

So quarantine measures may be justified even if it leads to economic hardship for some time. The fact that some of the measures may be here to stay as part of the attempted NWO takeover is certainly a potential problem too.
It does look like that's one of the major concerns. For example, here's a translation of the account of a doctor working at an Italian hospital in Bergamo:

«In one of the non-stop e-mails that I receive from my hospital administration on a more than daily basis, there was a paragraph on "how to be responsible on social media", with some recommendations that we all can agree on. After thinking for a long time if and what to write about what's happening here, I felt that silence was not responsible. I will therefore try to convey to lay-people, those who are more distant from our reality, what we are experiencing in Bergamo during these Covid-19 pandemic days. I understand the need not to panic, but when the message of the danger of what is happening is not out, and I still see people ignoring the recommendations and people who gather together complaining that they cannot go to the gym or play soccer tournaments, I shiver. I also understand the economic damage and I am also worried about that. After this epidemic, it will be hard to start over.
I still remember my night shift a week ago spent without any rest, waiting for a call from the microbiology department. I was waiting for the results of a swab taken from the first suspect case in our hospital, thinking about what consequences it would have for us and the hospital. If I think about it, my agitation for one possible case seems almost ridiculous and unjustified, now that I have seen what is happening. Well, the situation is now nothing short of dramatic. No other words come to mind. The war has literally exploded and battles are uninterrupted day and night. One after the other, these unfortunate people come to the emergency room. They have far from the complications of a flu. Let's stop saying it's a bad flu. In my two years working in Bergamo, I have learned that the people here do not come to the emergency room for no reason. They did well this time too. They followed all the recommendations given: a week or ten days at home with a fever without going out to prevent contagion, but now they can't take it anymore. They don't breathe enough, they need oxygen. Drug therapies for this virus are few.

The course mainly depends on our organism. We can only support it when it can't take it anymore. It is mainly hoped that our body will eradicate the virus on its own, let's face it. Antiviral therapies are experimental on this virus and we learn its behavior day after day. Staying at home until the symptoms worsen does not change the prognosis of the disease. Now, however, that need for beds in all its drama has arrived. One after another, the departments that had been emptied are filling up at an impressive rate. The display boards with the names of the sicks, of different colors depending on the department they belong to, are now all red and instead of the surgical procedure, there is the diagnosis, which is always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia. Now, tell me which flu virus causes such a rapid tragedy.

Because that's the difference (now I get a little technical): in classical flu, besides that it infects much less population over several months, cases are complicated less frequently: only when the virus has destroyed the protective barriers of our airways and as such it allows bacteria (which normally resident in the upper airways) to invade the bronchi and lungs, causing a more serious disease. Covid 19 causes a banal flu in many young people, but in many elderly people (and not only) a real SARS because it invades the alveoli of the lungs directly, and it infects them making them unable to perform their function. The resulting respiratory failure is often serious and after a few days of hospitalization, the simple oxygen that can be administered in a ward may not be enough. Sorry, but to me, as a doctor, it's not reassuring that the most serious are mainly elderly people with other pathologies. The elderly population is the most represented in our country and it is difficult to find someone who, above 65 years of age, does not take at least a pill for high blood pressure or diabetes.

I can also assure you that when you see young people who end up intubated in the ICU, pronated or worse, in ECMO (a machine for the worst cases, which extracts the blood, re-oxygenates it and returns it to the body, waiting for the lungs to hopefully heal), all this confidence for your young age goes away. And while there are still people on social media who boast of not being afraid by ignoring the recommendations, protesting that their normal lifestyle habits have "temporarily" halted, the epidemiological disaster is taking place. And there are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us.

The cases multiply, up to a rate of 15-20 hospitalizations a day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the emergency room is collapsing. Emergency provisions are issued: help is needed in the emergency room. A quick meeting to learn how the to use to emergency room EHR and a few minutes later I'm already downstairs, next to the warriors on the war front. The screen of the PC with the chief complaint is always the same: fever and respiratory difficulty, fever and cough, respiratory insufficiency etc ... Exams, radiology always with the same sentence: bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All needs to be hospitalized. Some already needs to be intubated, and goes to the ICU. For others, however, it is late. ICU is full, and when ICUs are full, more are created. Each ventilator is like gold: those in the operating rooms that have now suspended their non-urgent activity are used and the OR become a an ICU that did not exist before. I found it amazing, or at least I can speak for Humanitas Gavazzeni (where I work), how it was possible to put in place in such a short time a deployment and a reorganization of resources so finely designed to prepare for a disaster of this magnitude. And every reorganization of beds, wards, staff, work shifts and tasks is constantly reviewed day after day to try to give everything and even more. Those wards that previously looked like ghosts are now saturated, ready to try to give their best for the sick, but exhausted. The staff is exhausted. I saw fatigue on faces that didn't know what it was despite the already grueling workloads they had. I have seen people still stop beyond the times they used to stop already, for overtime that was now habitual. I saw solidarity from all of us, who never failed to go to our internist colleagues to ask "what can I do for you now?" or "leave that admission to me, i will take care of it." Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we are unable to save everyone and the vital signs of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny. There are no more shifts, schedules.

Social life is suspended for us. I have been separated for a few months, and I assure you that I have always done my best to constantly see my son even on the day after a night shift, without sleeping and postponing sleep until when I am without him, but for almost 2 weeks I have voluntarily not seen neither my son nor my family members for fear of infecting them and in turn infecting an elderly grandmother or relatives with other health problems. I'm happy with some photos of my son that I look at between tears and a few video calls. So you should be patient too, you can't go to the theater, museums or gym. Try to have mercy on that myriad of older people you could exterminate. It is not your fault, I know, but of those who put it in your head that you are exaggerating and even this testimony may seem just an exaggeration for those who are far from the epidemic, but please, listen to us, try to leave the house only to indispensable things. Do not go en masse to make stocks in supermarkets: it is the worst thing because you concentrate and the risk of contacts with infected people who do not know they are infected. You can go there without a rush. Maybe if you have a normal mask (even those that are used to do certain manual work), put it on. Don't look for ffp2 or ffp3. Those should serve us and we are beginning to struggle to find them. By now we have had to optimize their use only in certain circumstances, as the WHO recently recommended in view of their almost ubiquitous running low. Oh yes, thanks to the shortage of certain protection devices, many colleagues and I are certainly exposed despite all the other means of protection we have. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols. Some infected colleagues also have infected relatives and some of their family members are already struggling between life and death. We are where your fears could make you stay away. Try to make sure you stay away.

Tell your family members who are elderly or with other illnesses to stay indoors. Bring him the groceries please. We have no alternative. It's our job. Indeed what I do these days is not really the job I'm used to, but I do it anyway and I will like it as long as it responds to the same principles: try to make some sick people feel better and heal, or even just alleviate the suffering and the pain to those who unfortunately cannot heal. I don't spend a lot of words about the people who define us heroes these days and who until yesterday were ready to insult and report us. Both will return to insult and report as soon as everything is over. People forget everything quickly. And we're not even heroes these days. It's our job. We risked something bad every day before: when we put our hands in a belly full of someone's blood we don't even know if they have HIV or hepatitis C; when we do it even though we know they have HIV or hepatitis C; when we stick ourselves during an operation on a patient with HIV and take the drugs that make us vomit all day long for a month. When we read with anguish the results of the blood tests after an accidental needlestick, hoping not to be infected. We simply earn our living with something that gives us emotions. It doesn't matter if they are beautiful or ugly, we just take them home. In the end we only try to make ourselves useful for everyone. Now try to do it too, though: with our actions we influence the life and death of a few dozen people. You with yours, many more. Please share and share the message. We need to spread the word to prevent what is happening here from happening all over Italy.»

I was interested to know why school closures in particular were being implemented (as in, is there a reasonable rationale for them, aside from just reactivity?). Found this twitter thread with some research on the 1918 flu:

Some excerpts (see link for graphs):

Let's talk about school closures re COVID-19. It's a tough topic, scientifically and pragmatically. It's hard to estimate the benefits precisely. And closing schools can have costs, such as health care workers having to stay home, kids missing subsidized lunches, etc.

Yet studies show that school closures are one of the most beneficial 'non-pharmaceutical interventions' (NPI) that can be employed, more effective even than reactive quarantines or banning of public gatherings. Partly, the reason is that *parents* also stay home as a result.
The *earlier* that schools were closed (ideally even in *advance* of outbreaks) the lower the number of excess deaths in 43 US cities during the 1918 Influenza pandemic.

The *longer* that school closings and other non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPI) were applied in each of 43 US cities during the 1918 influenza pandemic, the lower was the ultimate mortality rate.

But school closures and NPI must be applied *early*. Compare St. Louis and Pittsburg in the 1918 influenza pandemic. St. Louis closed its schools *before* local cases had doubled, and for longer, than Pittsburg. It had many fewer excess deaths.

Detailed modeling of NPI in 2006 @naturepaper shows that if school closure is *reactive* (waiting for first case and then closing 100% of schools), with moderately transmissible virus, cumulative cases decline 26% & epidemic peak is delayed 16 days.

So reactive school closure, while rational & helpful, is not enough. In my view, schools should be closed *before* first case in a school, when cases appear in the community or in nearby areas. This is not without costs. But waiting reduces the benefits of #schoolclosure.
Americans should begin social distancing (no handshaking, eliminate non-essential travel and meetings). The reason is not so much to get practice or to reduce personal risk, as to reduce the intensity of the COVID-19 epidemic and spare health care system.

If we reduce the spread, even if we ultimately have the same total number of cases, we 'flatten the curve,' which means that, at any given time, our health care system can cope with the COVID-19 cases, hopefully.

Are the quarantine measures really overblown?

The biggest problem is that hospitals cannot deal with a large increase of people needing intensive care (eg. oxygen machines). Here are the numbers for Europe, for example:

a9nNhvq.jpg

In many countries, hospitals and hospital workers are already stretched thin, so that even a moderate increase of critical cases can lead to what is already being considered in Italy. Namely, having to choose which patients receive critical care and which are left to die:

Google Translate (Google Translate)

So quarantine measures may be justified even if it leads to economic hardship for some time. The fact that some of the measures may be here to stay as part of the attempted NWO takeover is certainly a potential problem too.

I understand and i can agree to some extent here, but to put in quarantine an entire country when other european countries don't apply such draconic measures (yet, it remains to be seen if they will), when the US president says to the entire country that a lot more american people are dying from the flu every year and the daily life is not stopping basically criticizing those who are trying to push the hysteria line in the US regarding the coronavirus, all this it gives me a strong feeling that what is doing the italian government is WRONG and it may have huge consequences on many levels for millions of people. I'm bragging here because i lost some comfortable life because of the whole situation? I'm not, i don't even own a house or a car, what i earn is enough for my daily needs so i don't think that in this case my thinking is biased, the point is, from what i've learned about the virus thanks to this thread and sott my conclusion stays the same as before, that is, it's a more stronger type of flu, most vulnerable being the elder people, of course everyone should have the common sense and look for themselves, that's it. The whole quarantine thing it's not justified in my opinion, maybe i'm missing something here, i'm not excluding such a possibility. For the moment will stick with this one.

my conclusion stays the same as before, that is, it's a more stronger type of flu

I don't know, by that logic the Spanish Flu was also just a stronger type of flu. It had a 2-3% fatality rate, while for this virus the numbers given are currenty anywhere between 0.5% and 3.5%. The normal flu has a 0.1% fatality rate.

The problem is the overwhelming of the hospitals, which can happen pretty quickly. And this in turn increases the fatality rate significantly. Italy seems to be getting close to that point already.

The main benefit of quarantines is to buy time (until warmer weather and/or a vaccine at some point) and to spread out the number of critical cases over time, so that hospitals do not become overwhelmed.

I understand and i can agree to some extent here, but to put in quarantine an entire country when other european countries don't apply such draconic measures (yet, it remains to be seen if they will), when the US president says to the entire country that a lot more american people are dying from the flu every year and the daily life is not stopping basically criticizing those who are trying to push the hysteria line in the US regarding the coronavirus, all this it gives me a strong feeling that what is doing the italian government is WRONG and it may have huge consequences on many levels for millions of people. I'm bragging here because i lost some comfortable life because of the whole situation? I'm not, i don't even own a house or a car, what i earn is enough for my daily needs so i don't think that in this case my thinking is biased, the point is, from what i've learned about the virus thanks to this thread and sott my conclusion stays the same as before, that is, it's a more stronger type of flu, most vulnerable being the elder people, of course everyone should have the common sense and look for themselves, that's it. The whole quarantine thing it's not justified in my opinion, maybe i'm missing something here, i'm not excluding such a possibility. For the moment will stick with this one.

Personally, my main issue with the quarantine is how does that work for the economy having everything closed? I feel like government make decision perched in their ivory tower where they live in fairy land with no contingency plan. We will see how it goes, but I'm not sure the quarantine is what is really needed.

You'd need a much larger sample of smokers who got the coronavirus (which I'm pretty sure will be very hard to find) to get an idea of disease severity. The point is that only 1.4% of their whole sample population are current smokers who got the coronavirus. That's very low, as they noted themselves.

Yeah, another way of looking at this might be that those smokers who contracted the virus were more weak/susceptible to it in the first place, with the virus then penetrating even the "smoking defense", which would explain why it hit them harder?

Sounds far-fetched to me.

Yes, I was wondering from the beginning what's up with that 5G connection. Sounds like conspiracy theorists doing their thing.

That's a good link. I've noticed on many occasions that smoking tobacco is a great expectorant, in that if and when you smoke it's way easier to cough mucus up. When I was a non smoker I had an asthmatic chest, I suffered asthma since age 5. Since smoking, the only times I've been wheezy is if I've been drinking booze. No asthma since the age of 15 or so. Seems like a simple thing to understand now.

That's another one to post again and again on Twitter and FB!!!

According to the Robert Koch-Institut (RKI), here in Bonn (North Rhein-Westfallen (NRW), Germany) is overall 12 people diagnosed (all of them are in home quarantine).
Overall number for Germany is 1139 with 2 dead (both from NRW). Here in the NRW is also the highest number of infected - 484 people.

Since I don´t go much to city center I´m not sure about situation there (around central station, main square, etc) but here in my neighborhood is quite relaxed so far.
I´ve noticed last week and week before that in the stores there were no pasta, rice, toilette paper and other stuff as well like can food, etc.....
But now, it seems like people bought their part of supplies and stores are back to normal again.
I didn´t see so far people with masks walking around.

Basically the people I talk to tend to make jokes, like: How to be first in the line in the store or how to avoid the crowd? Well, just start coughing and looking sick and, viola - nobody is around you anymore! :)

I´ve also noticed that many of them don´t care much for natural ways of helping themselves; like when I mentioned vitC, elderberries and sodium. Most of them are looking at me like I fell from Mars..... I feel like all that people do is wait for a vaccine or some miracle stuff that will cure them, instead helping themselves and prevent the flue from even happening to them... This is the same feeling I get when I talk to people here or my friends in Croatia....

But also on the other side, since this flu came, I haven´t seen any good main stream article in German or Croatian web site that would actually help or suggest people what kind of supplements one should take for prevention. ...like only scrubbing hands will help you not the catch the bug.... And concerning that most of the people read and watch main stream only, no wonder that people are pretty much lost...... :(

James Corbett did a recent video debunking the 5G connection:
Just watched this and it was not my impression that the discussion claimed no connection between 5G and COVID-19. The emphasis was on Derrick Broze's (of The Conscious Resistance) documentary, The 5G Trogan Horse. [See The 5G Trojan Horse and what you're not being told! -- Sott.net]

It was agreed that 5G is very bad for multiple reasons, but no actual specifics about what's being said about the association of 5G and COVID-19. I do not believe we're seeing 5G syndrome being masked by a fake COVID-19 at all. But, at no point was it said that 60GHZ doesn't interfere with hemoglobin's uptake of oxygen. There was a passing reference but no actual statement as to that being false. Started reading the Sott article the other day, but stopped due to its length, but with intent to circle back - same for Broze's vid.

Meanwhile, just started watching this which was linked in the comments to Corbett's vid:

Barry tells me about his background, what 5G is, as well as details relating to how microwave frequencies harm the human body.

5G has already been rolled out in several sections of Columbus, Ohio, but as of now, no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ohio at all. So that would seem to indicate that any illness that 5G is causing isn't what COVID-19 is. That 5G could exacerbate the severity of COVID-19 is another matter awaiting undeniable proof, IMHO.

Craig Murray has a good article calling for perspective and calm, even knowing that he would be a candidate due to weakened lung capacity if he gets the virus.

Momento Mori – Unpopular Thoughts on Corona Virus 322
7 Mar, 2020 in Uncategorized by craig
siblings132-1024x899.jpg

I have always been very fond of this photo, for reasons which are perhaps obvious. We are left to right Celia, Stuart, Neil, Craig and throughout our childhood we really were that close and that happy. The reason that I post this now is that my mother always told me she was amazed how good we looked in the photo, because it was taken when we were all off school sick with Hong Kong flu.

The Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968/9 was the last really serious flu pandemic to sweep the UK. They do seem extraordinarily regular – 1919, 1969 and 2020. Flu epidemics have much better punctuality than the trains (though I cheated a bit there and left out the 1958 “Asian flu”). Nowadays “Hong Kong flu” is known as H3N2. Estimates for deaths it caused worldwide vary from 1 to 4 million. In the UK it killed an estimated 80,000 people.

uk-flus.jpg

If the current coronavirus had appeared in 1968, it would simply have been called “flu”, probably “Wuhan flu”. COVID-19 may not be nowadays classified as such, but in my youth flu is definitely what we would have called it. The Hong Kong flu was very similar to the current outbreak in being extremely contagious but with a fairly low mortality rate. 30% of the UK population is estimated to have been infected in the Hong Kong flu pandemic. The death rate was about 0.5%, mostly elderly or with underlying health conditions.

But there was no massive panic, no second by second media hysteria, over Hong Kong flu. Let me start being unpopular. “Man in his 80’s already not very well from previous conditions, dies of flu” is not and should not be a news headline. The coverage is prurient, intrusive, unbalanced and designed to cause hysteria.

Consider this: 100% of those who contract coronavirus are going to die. 100% of those who do not contract coronavirus are also going to die. The difference in average life expectancy between the two groups will prove to be only very marginal. That is because the large majority of those who die of COVID-19 will already be nearing the end of life or have other health problems.

Let me make this important statement. I write as somebody whose heart and lungs are damaged and in poor condition, following the multiple bilateral pulmonary emboli which nearly killed me in 2004, which mysteriously appeared at precisely the time the UK and US governments were desperately trying to get rid of me as Ambassador, just a couple of weeks after I had been finally cleared of all the false charges with which the British government had attempted to fit me up. I was in a coma for days and subsequently given a maximum of three years to live (read Murder in Samarkand for the full story). If I get COVID-19 I expect I shall be fairly quickly gone off on my next adventure.

But I am OK with that. I have lived an incredibly full and satisfying life. I have no desire whatsoever to die – I have a wife and children I love deeply and I have important political battles I wish to fight. But human beings are not supposed to live forever and one day my time will come.

What worries me about the current reaction to coronavirus, is that it seems to reflect a belief that death is an aberration, rather than a part of the natural order of things. As the human species continues to expand massively in numbers, and as it continues casually to make other species extinct, it is inevitable that the excessive and crowded human population will become susceptible to disease.

As we see the catastrophic effects of human beings on the environment, including on other species and the climate, I am genuinely perplexed as to what are the underlying assumptions and goals of humankind. Do we really believe that medical science could and should eliminate all disease? There are numerous, well-funded medical scientists working very hard on research into the idea that ageing itself is a process that can be prevented. Because that is a notion very attractive to wealthy westerners, more money is being spent on preventing ageing than on fighting malaria and other tropical diseases. Where does this end? Do we really want a world – or at least a wealthy word – where everybody gets to be a centenarian? What are the effects of that on overall population, on demographics, economics and the allocation of finite resources including food and housing?

The mass hysteria around the current coronavirus is being driven by a societal rejection of the notion that the human species is part of the wider ecology, and that death and disease are unavoidable facts, with which it ought to be part of the human condition to come to terms. Let me offer a comforting thought to those of you who have bought into the hysteria. I have no doubt whatsoever that mortality rates from the coronavirus are being exaggerated. They are all based on extrapolation from those who have been tested, but there exists a very large population of people, worldwide, who have or have had the coronavirus, whose symptoms have been those of a cold or non-existent, who have not put themselves forward for testing. The Hong Kong flu had a mortality rate of 0.5% and I believe that ultimately COVID-19 will prove to be very similar. Just like flu once you get it, the only difference being it is more contagious so more people will get it.

Yes wash your hands, bin your tissues, keep things clean. Don’t hang around someone who has the flu. Take advantage of everything modern medicine can do to help you. But don’t be too shocked at the idea that some sick people die, especially if they are old. We are not Gods, we are mortal. We need to reconnect to that idea.

All human deaths are individual tragedies. I wish all solace and comfort to the grieving, and in no way wish to minimise the pain of individual loss of anybody of any age (I lost my own mother not long ago), or that even a small number of child deaths in particular will be dreadfully painful. My deepest and heartfelt condolences go to all the bereaved, and my warm regards go to all the sick and the worried. But the perspective of the wider place of human life in the cosmos is a help in grieving. The purpose of this blog remains not to shirk from saying what might be unpopular. I do hope people will start to consider COVID-19 in a more measured way.

-----

According to Craig Murray, the Hong Kong death toll was between 1-4 million. If and that is pure speculation, the Covid virus would have a similar death toll ratio, then given that the world population is now twice as big, that would translate to 2-8 million worldwide. To put that in perspective, the worlds population is estimated to grow by 81 million in 2020. The figure of between 1 to 6 times the annual flu toll as given by Trump fits in that range as it would translate to between 0.6-3.6 million.

Yes, Aeneas, this Coronavirus made us think about death, not just ours but of our love ones and seniors, and people who are poor and can not take care of themselves because of many things, they don't know how or they don't have money to buy medications, etc. It is a moment of really thinking about life and death and love.

Concerning the situation in the Canary Islands, things go fast, for now 19 patients and one very sick. This morning I was listening the sound from the street, I am very sensitive to sound. There is less trafic on the streets in my neighbour. Yes, things go fast. But on the general people here continue life as if nothing, Canarians are joyous but maybe Hesperides can talk a bit more about them, she knows more than me. For the moment I have moments of sadness to see how things are going, I am not necessary worry about the virus but the economic consequences. We don't have money aside, and depend of pay transfert with bank, so that is a issue that worried me a lot. I can not talk about this subject with my husband that don't care at all about anything, having a degree of Asperger. I have just this forum and Hesperides. I am lucky.

Also I was reading this morning that schools in Madrid are closing. I remember what the C's said: that everything we knew will change drastically. Again they were right.

Back
Top Bottom