I think we need to be careful about jumping to conclusions about Trump's comment and Pompeo's (though it is highly illuminating). I too went back to the full context and it comes in the middle of a question regarding when and what the Chinese knew back in December...

From that the only thing that stands out to me is Pompeo saying its a live exercise. Trump is backing him up by saying the Chinese kept the December data quiet... that's my reading anyway.

Watching the whole broadcast Trump is very much calling the shots. Maybe his mutter was actually designed to cover up Pompeo's slip of saying "we're in a live exercise here.

Good point, could be right. Early on, the WHO was relying on China's reports about the spread, basically parroting them or forwarding them unedited, and the CCP must always minimize reports of domestic trouble, and appear always to be in control of any situation - also must deny offers of help to avoid any outsiders appearing to be saviors. I think the partial exception of earthquakes allows outsiders to appear merely helpful and humanitarian.

Last edited:
You are right, the german article is a month old. Apparently they also canceled the exercises as far as I know because of Corona. At least that was the latest news I heard a while ago. Still doesn’t fully explain the discrepancy in the numbers though IMO. False translations and/or exaggerations might be the safest bet, or not.

Found this on merkur.de

ES222d9UcAMMRWD

That is not true. Do you know flightradar? You can see there that there is a lot of flight traffic right now. Who or what is on board?

And there are pics of heavy military equippement going through Germany right now. Google it. It is not THAT easily passed off as BS.

The military exercise DEFENDER-Europe 20 was due on March 31 and was cancelled with the corona outbreak
If it's cancelled, then it's just some American troops based in Europe being scrambled around - if it's on, then the corona show is expected to be over soon, which would be good news.
I don't believe that, and don't see how the exercise can still be on with these restrictions in place.
And can't imagine US troops flown to Europe atm.
Probably they're just moving some equipment from one place to another

The military exercise DEFENDER-Europe 20 was due on March 31 and was cancelled with the corona outbreak
If it's cancelled, then it's just some American troops based in Europe being scrambled around - if it's on, then the corona show is expected to be over soon, which would be good news.
I don't believe, and don't see how the exercise can still be on with these restrictions in place.
so how is this proofing that it is pure bs?

When exactly did you hear that? On what date? Is there a link somewhere in which those apparent statements could be checked out?
Heard it half an hour ago.

OMG - Stefan Lanka!!! I posted a lot about him and his "virus don't exist" seems like a million years ago!
I have been wondering about the role that the "pleomorphic theory" plays in this coronavirus business.

I believe Italy or some other country is officially on record as to Measles virus not existing and that's been posted on the forum.

In case anyone is interested in Chinese herbal remedies that may be effective against COVID-19 and similar viruses, here is some information about how we think about managing these types of illnesses and what might be effective.

Most of the coverage of the coronavirus is focused on the disease itself, how virulent it is, how fast it spreads, how it infects people and how the disease process progresses. Many of the simulations I've seen floating around in articles assume a 100% infection rate, in other words they assume that everyone who is exposed to the virus will contract the coronavirus disease. When we look at the actual numbers however we can see that is not the case. The Diamond Princess cruise ship saw 20-25% infection rates in the worst possible conditions, even though it is likely that everyone on the ship was exposed to the virus. So why do some people get infected while others do not?

Biomedicine explains this via the concept of immunity. The idea is that people have higher or lower susceptibility to a pathogen and their individual susceptibility is determined by a number of factors. Chinese medicine thinks about pathogens in a similar way and treatment strategies are usually devised for each patient individually in a way that balances agents that mitigate the effects of a disease while simultaneously strengthening body processes that will help the patient's body fight the disease. IMO mainstream medicine tends to view pathogens like viruses as active agents attacking passive human bodies so the focus is on ways to block, slow down, destroy or avoid the pathogen. This viewpoint neglects a big piece of the picture which is the strength of each person's immune system and their body in general. Chinese medicine is a type of "functional medicine" because it considers how well the person's body (ie immune system, digestive system, lungs, liver, heart, etc) is functioning when devising a treatment strategy.

So what does this mean when it comes to the coronavirus? It means that there are things that you can do to strengthen your immune system and your body so that if and when you are exposed to it, or to some other pathogen, you will be less likely to contract the coronavirus disease. The first thing you should do is manage stressors in your life that lower immunity such as poor quality sleep or not enough sleep, high stress levels, overworking and inflammatory and phlegm-producing diets. Make sure you drink plenty of water and avoid dehydrating foods like alcohol, carbonated beverages, and caffeine. Its best to also avoid phlegm-producing and inflammatory foods like dairy, gluten, and overly spicy foods and don't snack too much.

There are also many supplements and herbal medicines that can help to strengthen the immune system and act as antiviral agents that can help prevent infection. As anyone who has been following this thread by now knows, SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) is another form of the coronavirus. During the 2003-2004 SARS outbreak 3 studies were conducted among medical staff taking preventative herbal medicine formulas. In total the studies included a few thousand participants. In all three of these studies, not one of the participants who took the preventative herbs contracted SARS. [sources below] This is quite a remarkable statistic! Its important not to leap to assumptions about the success of similar formulas against COVID-19, but they are similar viruses and they produce similar symptoms, so in my opinion its worth considering remedies. I have these formulas on hand and I plan to take them when I go back to work.

The main herbal formula used in the studies during the SARS outbreak was a combination of 2 commonly used formulas, Yu Ping Feng San (Jade Windscreen Formula) and Sang Ju Yin (Mulberry and Chrysanthemum Combination). The action of the former is to strengthen and activate the immune system. The main herb in the formula is Astragalus, which is commonly used to strengthen the immune system even in the US and Europe. The latter formula "clears heat and keeps the lungs free" which means that it contains anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory agents. Variations in the studies always included the Jade Windscreen Formula (ie Astragalus) but substituted "anti-toxin" and other "heat-clearing herbs" in place of the Sang Ju Yin. Common anti-toxin herbs found to be successful were forsythia fruit (lian qiao), chrysanthemum flower (ju hua), and honeysuckle flower (jin yin hua).

These strategies can be replicated by taking:
Yu Ping Feng San (Jade Windscreen Formula) + Sang Ju Yin – This combination is identical to one of the ones used to prevent SARS among health care workers in Hong Kong.
Yu Ping Feng San + Yin Chiao San – Yin Chiao San is commonly used to treat cold and flu symptoms and it uses both forsythia fruit (lian qiao) and honeysuckle flower (jin yin hua) as the two chief ingredients.
Xiao Chai Hu Tang (Minor Bupleurum Formula) + Yin Chiao San – The first formula is extremely popular in Japan as a cold and flu preventative. It frees the chest, supports the qi, resolves phlegm, and drains heat from the lung. Yin Chiao Formula is an anti-toxin/anti-viral formula with the two main herbs used to modify the formulas used to prevent SARS.

Lau J, Leung P, Wong E, Fong C, Cheng K, Zhang S, et al. “The use of an herbal formula by hospital care workers during the severe acute respiratory syndrome epidemic in Hong Kong to prevent severe acute respiratory.” Journal of Alternate and Complementary Medicine, 2005; 11:49-55.
[ii] Xu J, Jiang X et al “Clinical observation of Yinhua Yupingfeng decoction in preventing SARS .” Conference on the prevention and treatment of SARS in integrated traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, 2006; 158-159.
[iii] Zhang L, Chen B, Zeng H “Analysis of fangdu decoction on SARS and zero infection in hospital” Chinese Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, 2005; 25:59-60.

So what's the takeaway message?
You don't have to use Chinese herbal medicines to follow the same strategy of strengthening the body while simultaneously "fighting" the virus. The FIRST things you need to do is to eat a good diet, get enough sleep and fresh air and keep your spirits up. If you want to take supplements Vitamins D and A stimulate the immune system and Iodine, Selenium, Vitamin C and Zinc are "anti-pathogenic" medicines. Correcting pH imbalance with Sodium Bicarbonate can be very helpful in some cases because it changes the "terrain" of the body in a way that interferes with viral infection and replication.

I hope this information is helpful for everyone.

Edited: styling

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chinese will make a nice racket from all remedies and vaccines for sale to the world once the virus spread panic is over.

Snake oil Made in China.

On even further reflection trump has clearly been processing what Pompeo said about the Chinese hiding info and his 'they should have let us know' is to my mind definitely about the Chinese and nothing to do with what Pompeo has just said...

Doesn’t take away from the magnitude of Pompeo's 'slip' - or is it rather a message to those listening who will grasp the implications of the meaning and act accordingly?

That's how it seemed to me and thanks to Pashalis sharing the link to the full video, i listened to about 15 minutes of it and skipped a bit more. It sounded like he was backing up Pompeo and saying that the Chinese should have let us know what data they had...

I just saw they have the transcript, so this is what Trump was responding to:

ONE MORE MOMENT.
01:03:14WE NEED TO KNOW IMMEDIATELY. THE WORLD IS ENTITLED TO KNOW. THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT WAS THE FIRST TO KNOW OF THIS RISK TO THE WORLD. AND THAT PUTS A SPECIAL OBLIGATION TO MAKE SURE THAT THAT DATA GETS TO OUR SCIENTISTS. THIS IS NOT ABOUT RETRIBUTION. WE ARE IN A LIVE EXERCISE TO GET THIS RIGHT. WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT EVEN TODAY, THE DATASETS THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO EVERY COUNTRY, INCLUDING THE DATA MADE AVAILABLE TO THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT, IS AVAILABLE TO THE WHOLE WORLD. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO KEEP PEOPLE SAFE. WE TALKED ABOUT THE ABSENCE OF DATASETS AND NOT BEING ABLE TO MAKE JUDGMENTS ABOUT WHAT TO DO, THIS IS NOT ABOUT POLITICAL GAINS. IT IS ABOUT KEEPING PEOPLE SAFE. SO WHEN YOU SEE A DELAY IN INFORMATION FLOWING FROM THE CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY TO THE TECHNICAL PEOPLE WHO WE WANTED TO GET INTO CHINA TO ASSIST WITH THIS, EVERY MOMENT OF DELAY TO IDENTIFY THE RISK VECTORS CREATES RISK FOR PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD. IT IS NOT ABOUT BLAMING SOMEBODY FOR THIS, THIS IS ABOUT MOVING FORWARD TO MAKE SURE THAT WE CONTINUE TO HAVE THE INFORMATION WE NEED TO DO OUR JOBS.
Show Less Text
01:04:24WHAT MESSAGE DO YOU THINK IT SENDS TO OTHER COUNTRIES WHEN YOU HAVE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES LASHING OUT AT REPORTERS?
01:04:33I HAVE HAD MY FRUSTRATION WITH REPORTERS, TOO. ALL I ASK IS YOU LISTEN TO WHAT WE SAY AND REPORT IT ACCURATELY. IT IS FRUSTRATING WHEN THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN. IT...
Show Full Text

What was interesting was how Trump seemed to be pushing to keep Pompeo answering questions, here was one example:

And what Trump said immediately after but which appears to have been omitted from the transcripts: "because you know what I'd like for him to do, i'd like for him for them to go back to the State Department or, as they call it, the 'Deep' State Department [tilts his head to Pompeo and chuckles, and then says to Pompeo] if you don't mind. [back to reporters] I'd to have him go back and do his job"

The transcript is apparently "compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning." and that appears to be the case.

When asked by a reporter a little later about the above Pompeo says, and Trump chips in:

01:01:39[REPORTER] FOR THE PRESIDENT TO CALL YOUR DEPARTMENT THE DEEP STATE DEPARTMENT AT A TIME WHEN THOUSANDS ARE WORKING HARD AROUND THE WORLD TO COMBAT THE PANDEMIC?
01:01:54[POMPEO] I KNOW HOW MUCH THE PRESIDENT VALUES THE PEOPLE ON MY TEAM. I KNOW HOW MUCH HE VALUED THE WORK WE DID AT THE CIA. I KNOW HE WATCHES OUR TEAM, ALL THE TEAMS WHO ARE PUSHING BACK AGAINST THE VIRUS. I KNOW HOW MUCH HE VALUES THEM.
Show Less Text
01:02:05[TRUMP] WHAT A GOOD ANSWER. YES, GO AHEAD.

Also of note that seems to get missed because of the circulated clip is what Trump says just before about the money injected into the economy being used for stock buy backs which Trump does not want to do and he says he would demand that they not do that:

00:51:52TALK MORE ABOUT THE STOCK BUYBACKS. IS THIS A DEALBREAKER FOR YOU?
00:52:06I NEVER LIKED THE STOCK BUYBACKS. WHEN WE DID A BIG TAX CUT AND WHEN THEY TOOK THE MONEY AND DID THE BUYBACKS, THAT IS NOT BUILDING A HANGER, THAT IS NOT BUYING AIRCRAFT, THAT IS NOT DOING THE THINGS I WANT THEM TO DO. WITHOUT TALKING ABOUT STOCK BUYBACKS, WE WOULD'VE HAD TO RESTRICT IT, BECAUSE WE THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER. BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW BETTER. NOT IN ALL CASES. SOME ENDED IN INCREDIBLE JOB, THEY BUILT PLANS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. YOU SAW WHAT HAPPENED. UNTIL THIS INVISIBLE ENEMY APPEARED, WE NEVER HAD AN ECONOMY LIKE THIS. BUT IT WAS SOME COMPANIES THAT USED THE MONEY TO BUY BACK STOCK, DRIVING UP THE PRICE OF THE STOCK, ARTIFICIALLY IN MANY CASES. I DO NOT LIKE THAT. AS FAR AS WHETHER OR NOT WE WILL ALLOW THEM, WHEN WE GIVE THEM MONEY BECAUSE WE HAVE TO KEEP THESE GREAT COMPANIES IN BUSINESS BECAUSE OF THE WORKERS, FRANKLY, FOR THE MOST PART BECAUSE OF THEWORKERS, THEY ARE MY NUMBER ONE CONCERN, BUT THE WAY THAT WE TAKE CARE OF THE WORKERS IS WE HAVE TO KEEP THE COMPANIES GOING. I AM FINE WITH RESTRICTING THE BUYBACKS. IN FACT, I WOULD DEMAND THAT THERE ARE NO STOCK BUYBACKS. I DO NOT WANT THEM TAKING HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS AND BUYING BACK THEIR STOCK, BECAUSE THAT DOES NOTHING. YES, PLEASE.

Anyway, since i came across the transcript, i thought that might help clarify things.

Last edited:
Uhmm..because it says 'reducing' in plain English?

And not increasing and invading europe?
"it says", yeah. But what people actually see might be a different thing than published "news". It is not the question whether they do it NOW, but whether they do it anyways. Those troops, and even more surely the equippement, will stay here. It is too costly to ship it back.

On even further reflection trump has clearly been processing what Pompeo said about the Chinese hiding info and his 'they should have let us know' is to my mind definitely about the Chinese and nothing to do with what Pompeo has just said...

I agree with this part of the explanation.
If it was addressed to the Deep State Department and Pompeo - who btw is his appointee - he would have said "you should have let us know"

One more conspiracy debunked, save what can be saved of your rest of the day.

Back
Top Bottom