Crash of German Wings Flight over French Alps

c.a. said:
rs said:
Just a thought.

Much has been written in this thread about the level of disintegration of the plane. From the reports so far, it definitely seems this was a CFIT incident and this means that the plane was probably travelling at or near cruising speed on impact. Most airline accidents occur at a much lower speed because the airliner is either taking off or landing. Recall that the kinetic energy is proportional to the square of the velocity, so what seem like small changes in velocity result in tremendous changes in total energy released.

I've heard that it was around 700 knots upon supposed impact. Typical cruise speed is at about 511 mph. Adding the weight of the cargo (luggage), passengers, (144) support of passenger comfort (food beverage Crew of 6) wind direction (head wind, tail wind within the jet stream), humidity, fuel load (at that time of it's destination) and it does increase the kinetic energy quite a bit.

A-320 Statistics:

Seating capacity 156 [149] (1-class, maximum 134 (1-class, typical) 124 (2-class, typical)
Cargo capacity 27.62 m3 (975 cu ft) 4× LD3-46
Maximum takeoff weight-75.5 t (166,000 lb)
Maximum range, fully loaded 3,600 nmi (6,700 km; 4,100 mi)
Maximum fuel capacity 24,210 L (5,330 imp gal; 6,400 US gal) standard 30,190 L (6,640 imp gal; 7,980 US gal) optional
Service ceiling 12,000 m (39,000 ft)
Cruising speed Mach 0.78 (828 km/h/511 mph at 11,000 m/36,000 ft)
Maximum speed Mach 0.82 (871 km/h/537 mph at 11,000 m/36,000 ft)
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A320_family
Four Edits:
Thank you for doing all the research for the additional numbers and facts of the information.

nicklebleu said:
loreta said:
... and at that moment evidently Ulrich closed the door of the cabin!

Hi loreta,

I am a bit confused as to where the name "Ulrich" comes from. The first name of the first officer was "Andreas" ... ?

Ulrich was the name of the co-pilot, inside the cabine, yes? Or am I confuse?

You are so right, Nicklebleu. His name is Andreas Lubitz. Now, I really don't know how come I found Ulrich as his name. I am really sorry and I am very confuse. :huh:

c.a. said:
rs said:
Just a thought.

Much has been written in this thread about the level of disintegration of the plane. From the reports so far, it definitely seems this was a CFIT incident and this means that the plane was probably travelling at or near cruising speed on impact. Most airline accidents occur at a much lower speed because the airliner is either taking off or landing. Recall that the kinetic energy is proportional to the square of the velocity, so what seem like small changes in velocity result in tremendous changes in total energy released.

I've heard that it was around 700 knots upon supposed impact. Typical cruise speed is at about 511 mph. Adding the weight of the cargo (luggage), passengers, (144) support of passenger comfort (food beverage Crew of 6) wind direction (head wind, tail wind within the jet stream), humidity, fuel load (at that time of it's destination) and it does increase the kinetic energy quite a bit.

A-320 Statistics:

Seating capacity 156 [149] (1-class, maximum 134 (1-class, typical) 124 (2-class, typical)
Cargo capacity 27.62 m3 (975 cu ft) 4× LD3-46
Maximum takeoff weight-75.5 t (166,000 lb)
Maximum range, fully loaded 3,600 nmi (6,700 km; 4,100 mi)
Maximum fuel capacity 24,210 L (5,330 imp gal; 6,400 US gal) standard 30,190 L (6,640 imp gal; 7,980 US gal) optional
Service ceiling 12,000 m (39,000 ft)
Cruising speed Mach 0.78 (828 km/h/511 mph at 11,000 m/36,000 ft)
Maximum speed Mach 0.82 (871 km/h/537 mph at 11,000 m/36,000 ft)
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A320_family
Four Edits:
While I agree with kinetic energy as the main cause for that level of disintegration, my two cents on speeds involved:

-- You say 700kts: that would be 805 mph or 1300 km/h, clearly over the sound barrier, IMO leading to structural failure and breakup in the air before impact.
I am guessing you meant 700 km/h, or 430 mph which is more plausible for a CFIT at low altitude.

-- cruising and maximum speeds are specified in level flight at cruising altitude (e.g. 36,000 ft), where the air is thin. At lower altitudes the max attainable speed is quite a bit lower. Except in a deliberate dive under manual control of course, but that would mean the autopilot was disengaged. Also, a dive doesn't appear likely judging from the published descent profile (for what that is worth).

Of course, the FDR would provide answers to all these questions...

Just listened to this interesting interview with Field McConnell. He maintains that 'Uninterruptible Autopilot' has been fitted on all Boeing and Airbus commercial aircraft for many years (even prior to 911), effectively making them "latent drones". He seems a well informed aviation expert, who has been dispelling the official Germanwings narrative also, and aims to establish a legacy for the "patsy" Andreas Lubitz and his family, by exposing the mainstream media lies and their blatant character assassination of an innocent man.

Episode #78 – SUNDAY WIRE: ‘The Friendly Skies’, host Patrick Henningsen with guest Field McConnell. Published on 29 Mar 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpapRT8yJzs

Some interesting info on Field McConnell's bio:

On December 10, 2006, Field McConnell reported the illegal modification on Boeing aircraft to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Northwest Airlines, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), NORAD and the USNA Superintendent. Shortly thereafter, Northwest Airlines, compelled by the United States Department of Justice (USDoJ), silenced Field McConnell, due to his inadvertent reopening of a safety issue closed in the June, 2006 settlement of a $615 million settlement paid by Boeing to the United States Department of Justice (USDOJ).

Field McConnell filed Civil Case 3:07-cv-24 at the District Court, District of North Dakota on the 27th of February, 2007. The case is titled 'FIELD MCCONNELL v. ALPA and BOEING'. Boeing admitted on March 3, 2007 the existence of the Boeing Uninterruptible Autopilot. To date, 9 February, 2012, Airline Pilots Association (ALPA) has suppressed this information.

http://www.abeldanger.net/2010/01/field-mcconnell-bio.html

loreta said:
The last "news" are that the co-pilot checked in Internet for information concerning pills of diuretic sort that he put in the coffee of the pilot and the pilot so went to pee...

This is one of those O...M....G!! moments.

Germanwings co-pilot may have spiked pilot's drink with diuretic, report says

_http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/04/09/germanwings-co-pilot-may-have-spiked-pilot-drink-with-diuretic-report-says/

"reports suggest that Lubitz searched online for information about diuretics in the days leading up to the crash"

The thing is, in the second article I wrote on the crash, when commenting on the claim that Lubitz "searched online for how to commit suicide" I said:

"I was expecting they might also have found that he searched for "how to convince someone they need to go to the toilet" but there's no word on that yet."

I wrote that in an entirely facetious manner. As bad as the BS artists are, I really didn't think they'd go so far, but there it is! :scared: :shock:

Perceval said:
This is one of those O...M....G!! moments.

Germanwings co-pilot may have spiked pilot's drink with diuretic, report says

_http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/04/09/germanwings-co-pilot-may-have-spiked-pilot-drink-with-diuretic-report-says/

"reports suggest that Lubitz searched online for information about diuretics in the days leading up to the crash"

The thing is, in the second article I wrote on the crash, when commenting on the claim that Lubitz "searched online for how to commit suicide" I said:

"I was expecting they might also have found that he searched for "how to convince someone they need to go to the toilet" but there's no word on that yet."

I wrote that in an entirely facetious manner. As bad as the BS artists are, I really didn't think they'd go so far, but there it is! :scared: :shock:

Knowing the attacks the web has been through, imagine some PTB agents searching through sott.net, clicking on different articles annoyed as ***, and suddenly saying "wait, what a good idea!" :lol: :lol:

Ocean said:
Create a problem.....offer a solution.

Oh my, is this what the German Wings demise was all about.

'Germanwings Crash 'Could Have Been Averted With Military Autopilot System'
http://www.newsweek.com/2015/04/17/military-and-space-kit-could-have-averted-german-crash-320600.html

Germanwings Crash 'Could Have Been Averted With Military Autopilot System'

rtr4v3f5.jpg

The Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System (Auto-GCAS) last year saved a US Air Force F-16 fighter from crashing after an attack Ints Kalnins/Reuters

Technology that would have prevented the Germanwings plane crash tragedy is already in use by the US Air Force (USAF) and should be used by all commercial aircraft, experts have said.

Newsweek spoke to flight engineers who declined to be named but confirmed that the transfer of military technology to civilian aircraft would have prevented the deaths of 150 victims.

The USAF has acknowledged that autopilot technology, developed jointly with NASA, saved an F16 fighter jet and its pilot while flying over Syria last November, but like most military technology will take “forever and a day” to make it on board commercial aircraft.

The Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System (Auto-GCAS) was introduced into USAF F16s last year and saved a plane and pilot after an apparent ground-to-air attack. The technology monitors the plane’s position and distance relative to terrain in real time. If the plane is about to crash and there is no positive response from the pilot, an automated piloting system takes over to manoeuvre the plane out of danger.

NASA engineers are currently working on integrating the Auto-GCAS technology into smartphones which could avert controlled flight into terrain crashes similar to the Germanwings crash, but the transfer of such technology from military to commercial aircraft must be sped up to prevent tragedies of a similar nature in the future, says Chris Yates, director of aviation safety and security firm Yates Consulting, based in the UK.

“It’s probable that Auto-CGAS will come into commercial aircraft, particularly in light of what happened with the Germanwings flight, but the introduction of new systems into commercial aircraft takes forever and a day,” says Yates.

Germanwings flight 4U 9525 crashed in the French Alps en route from Barcelona to Düsseldorf, last month, killing all 150 people on board. Prosecutors believe that German co-pilot Andreas Lubitz deliberately crashed the plane. Prosecutors have said that Lubitz had researched suicide methods and the security of cockpit doors prior to the flight and accelerated the plane as it descended.

A potential problem, Yates notes, is the possibility of aircraft under automated control coming into conflict with other aircraft on the same flight route, though he believes such problems could be ironed out.

Auto-GCAS has been developed by NASA, the USAF and aerospace technicians Lockheed Martin over the past 25 years. NASA and Boeing have considered integrating the technology into commercial aircraft, but NASA’s chief Auto-GCAS researcher Mark Skoog says the transfer of technology is being held up by security issues, raising the possibility of tampering with such a system rendering it unsafe.

“While it is possible to transition this system to the commercial airline industry and general aviation community, the level of automation and system isolation required to prevent onboard tampering directly drives the time and effort it would take to bring such a system through design and certification,” says Skoog.

“It would take considerable co-ordination with other federal agencies and the airline industry to bring this technology to the point where it will directly benefit the flying public.”

According to NASA, controlled flight into terrain accidents account for around 100 deaths a year in the US. Such accidents occur when the pilot wilfully ignores cockpit warning systems or is rendered unconscious or incapacitated due to other factors.

Are they now suggesting evidence of another redundant system to add/override the BHUAP system they haven't openly even admitted exists to the extent I suspect has been at their disposal pre 9/11? Now a smartphone will become a potential weapon? More options for harm and destruction, I guess. But when has it been proven a pilot WILLFULLY ignored warning systems. Yes, they have been incapacitated by decompression and heart attacks. The Payne Stewart plane crash comes to mind and other single engine incidents. But the true reason and use for such technology wouldn't be for such humanitarian ends, IMO.

Edit=Quote

But the true reason and use for such technology wouldn't be for such humanitarian ends, IMO

Exactly! When have the PTB even been remotely interested in humanitarian needs.

It seems to me that the PTB are maneuvering to convince the public that the only way to prevent those 'suicidal pilots' 'terrorists' 'crazy passengers' - take your pick- would be to have all commercial planes installed with this Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System (Auto-GCAS)

Technology that would have prevented the Germanwings plane crash tragedy is already in use by the US Air Force (USAF) and should be used by all commercial aircraft, experts have said.

Newsweek spoke to flight engineers who declined to be named but confirmed that the transfer of military technology to civilian aircraft would have prevented the deaths of 150 victims.

Oh brother. Now they are reporting that Lubitz may have put a diuretic in the captain's coffee.

_http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germanwings-copilot-andreas-lubitz-may-have-spiked-captains-drink-with-diuretic-to-force-him-from-cabin-10166479.html

German prosecutors investigating Lubitz's computer are now attempting to confirm whether Lubtiz secretly added a diuretic – which gives a person the urge to urinate - to Captain Patrick Sodenheimer's coffee to make him leave the flight deck, according to reports in Germany seen by Mail Online.

Nicolas said:
Oh brother. Now they are reporting that Lubitz may have put a diuretic in the captain's coffee.

_http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germanwings-copilot-andreas-lubitz-may-have-spiked-captains-drink-with-diuretic-to-force-him-from-cabin-10166479.html

German prosecutors investigating Lubitz's computer are now attempting to confirm whether Lubtiz secretly added a diuretic – which gives a person the urge to urinate - to Captain Patrick Sodenheimer's coffee to make him leave the flight deck, according to reports in Germany seen by Mail Online.

Doh, I must be tired and didn't remember Perceval's previous post. :halo:

There has been a bomb threat tonight for a Germanwing plane for the airport Cologne/Bonn tonight, officials got an email with the threat.

_http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/12/germanwings-plane-aborts-takeoff-after-bomb-threat

Beside a sports plane crashed today in Germany too next a Autobahn, with one dead and four injured.

Eventually it is another interesting timing since France secret services admitted that the claims against Russia invasion troops are false and the German foreign minister doesn't like to totally exclude Russia, also when he said that because of the "Crimea annexation" Russia cannot attend the G7 summit in Germany.

A strange incident reported on an Alaska Airlines flight from Seattle to Los Angeles.

Alaska Airlines Flight Makes Emergency Landing After ‘Banging’ Heard in Cargo Hold, Worker Found Inside
https://twitter.com/hashtag/AS448?src=hash

And here:
http://wnep.com/2015/04/13/alaska-airlines-flight-returns-to-seattle-after-banging-heard-in-cargo-hold-ramp-agent-found-inside/

SEATTLE — Alaska Airlines Flight 448 en route from Seattle to Los Angeles turned around after “banging” was heard beneath the aircraft Monday. Upon landing, a ramp agent was found in the cargo hold, the airline said.

“The ramp agent appeared okay and was transported to the hospital as a precaution,” Alaska Airlines said in a statement.

Immediately after takeoff from Sea-Tac, the pilot “reported hearing banging from beneath the aircraft,” the airline said.

“The captain immediately returned to Seattle, declaring an emergency for priority landing. The aircraft was in the air for 14 minutes. After landing, a ramp agent was found inside the front cargo hold, which is pressurized and temperature controlled.”

“The agent, an employee of Menzies Aviation, walked off the aircraft from the front cargo hold … and told authorities he had fallen asleep,” Alaska Airlines said.

Alaska Airlines said it is investigating the incident.

Source of information: HINA
Quote:
About 80 percent of the debris from the accident aircraft Germanwings which with 150 passengers and crew crashed in the French Alps March 24 carried the mountains, said Wednesday a spokesman for Lufthansa.

Services and companies are now gathered and analyzed to 34 tons of debris. Collected only fragments of the aircraft, the spokesman said, and anything that might belong to the victims leaving the French military police.

It is expected that the process of clearing to be done in two to three weeks.

The prosecutor in Marseille Brice Robin said that there is still no evidence of any technical failure.

Robin added that the process of identification of victims, which is performed in laboratories DNA analysis, most likely to be finished by the end of May.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/15/us-france-crash-germany-airtraffic-idUSKBN0N61C720150415

German air controllers urge remote control of planes after crash

(Reuters) - The German air traffic control authority has urged the aviation industry to develop technology that ground staff could use in an emergency to take remote command of a plane, which could help prevent a repeat of a Germanwings crash last month.

Investigators believe that co-pilot Andreas Lubitz locked his captain out of the cockpit and deliberately crashed the Germanwings plane into a French mountainside on March 24, killing all 150 people onboard.

"We have to think past today's technology," Klaus Dieter Scheurle, head of the Deutsche Flugsicherung air traffic control authority, said at a press conference on Wednesday.

Such a system could be used in an emergency on the ground to take remote control of a passenger plane and safely land it, he said.

"I wouldn't say it's the simplest solution though," he said, adding any such technology was likely to come only in the next decade.

Pilots associations are skeptical.
"We must act with careful consideration to ensure new safety risks or concerns are not created, such as those raised by the vulnerability of any form of remote control of a passenger aircraft," a spokesman said.

Since the Germanwings crash, European airlines have implemented a rule that two people must be in the cockpit at all times and Germany has set up a task force with the aviation industry to consider changes to medical and psychological tests for pilots.

(Reporting by Alexander Huebner and Victoria Bryan; Editing by Noah Barkin and Susan Thomas)

Ocean said:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/15/us-france-crash-germany-airtraffic-idUSKBN0N61C720150415

German air controllers urge remote control of planes after crash

(Reuters) - The German air traffic control authority has urged the aviation industry to develop technology that ground staff could use in an emergency to take remote command of a plane, which could help prevent a repeat of a Germanwings crash last month.

Investigators believe that co-pilot Andreas Lubitz locked his captain out of the cockpit and deliberately crashed the Germanwings plane into a French mountainside on March 24, killing all 150 people onboard.

"We have to think past today's technology," Klaus Dieter Scheurle, head of the Deutsche Flugsicherung air traffic control authority, said at a press conference on Wednesday.

Such a system could be used in an emergency on the ground to take remote control of a passenger plane and safely land it, he said.

"I wouldn't say it's the simplest solution though," he said, adding any such technology was likely to come only in the next decade.

Pilots associations are skeptical.
"We must act with careful consideration to ensure new safety risks or concerns are not created, such as those raised by the vulnerability of any form of remote control of a passenger aircraft," a spokesman said.

Since the Germanwings crash, European airlines have implemented a rule that two people must be in the cockpit at all times and Germany has set up a task force with the aviation industry to consider changes to medical and psychological tests for pilots.

(Reporting by Alexander Huebner and Victoria Bryan; Editing by Noah Barkin and Susan Thomas)

Here we go again... it's already in place. Problem Reaction Solution

There is also a long held theory that the company Lufthansa, Germany’s state owned airline, had their onboard flight controls stripped from its fleet during the mid 1990A's for fear that the American government could hack into the airline’s autopilot systems. This idea has been loosely associated with the interview of former German Defense Minister Andreas von Bülow conducted by Stephan Lebert for the German Daily discussing some of the major anomalies in the events surrounding 9/11:

“There is also the theory of one British flight engineer: According to this, the steering of the planes was perhaps taken out of the pilots’ hands, from outside. The Americans had developed a method in the 1970s, whereby they could rescue hijacked planes by intervening into the computer piloting [automatic pilot system].”

Above quote from an article posted by Anam Cara below. Within that article was included an interview with Field McConnell. He made the statement that Luftansa had retained the capability of BHUAP to be used by the airline. He went on to incorrectly surmise that this was the fate of MH370. But a lot of his info seems on the level just not all. He also was fooled that allowing the company this option was in the realm of a safety measure. Why have the pilots at all except that would take time to get us accustom to the idea. Maybe not so farfetched the way the disinformation/fear can be spun

Offline Anam Cara
Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member

888 Infinity Crop Circle, Alton Barnes, Wiltshire
View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Crash of German Wings Flight over French Alps
« Reply #354 on: April 09, 2015, 04:55:54 PM »
After listening to the excellent SOTT radio show on the Germanwings tragedy, I was searching for more info on 'Uninterruptible Autopilot Systems' and found this interesting article. It covers quite a lot of the development of these technological systems, and the anomalies surrounding MH370, MH17, along with the hijacked airliners on 9/11 etc.

FLIGHT CONTROL: Boeing’s ‘Uninterruptible Autopilot System’, Drones & Remote Hijacking by Shawn Helton, dated August 7, 2014

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/08/07/flight-control-boeings-uninterruptible-autopilot-system-drones-remote-hijacking/#comments

Edit=Quote

Back
Top Bottom