Dental Health

Re: Amalgam removal - a few questions

Hi Endymion,

I had mine removed in 2 sessions about 3 years ago. At the time I did some research that recommended a Vit drip IV post removal, so directly after each session I did a Vit C IV. I can't say it was effective but I detected no adverse effects from the removal.

Re: Amalgam removal - a few questions

FWIW I had an amalgam removed by a dentist with no special procedure to protect. They were removing an old composite filling and found out the filling was done over the amalgam by a previous dentist.
This frightened me quite a bit, but there was also the option for them to leave it in. Id rather get rid of the thing so I let them do it.
Thankfully I had forgotten about a cup full of bentonite clay I had made the night before and when I got home I drank it. There haven't been any ill effects that I know of.

So, perhaps clay would help to absorb anything that gets missed.

Re: Teeth becoming dark

wanderer33 said:
Do you have a particular shade of red hair with fair skin and freckles?
Hi wanderer33,

I'm not sure I understand the relevancy of your question? :huh:

My tooth

When I was a kid/ teen I had very crooked teeth. I was extremely self conscious about them, dreading picture day, avoiding smiling, trying to speak with my lips hardly moving. I dreamed of having brace, not even so much to eventually expose a straight smile as to cover them.
Although they could afford it, with six kids my parents never felt compelled to spend the money on me. One time, around age 15, it came close, where I actually had an orthodontist assessment. I remember sitting in the office with my Father when the assistant brought my molds out and my Father made a joke when he saw them (obviously very unattractive) about how they would make lovely book ends. I felt deep shame and I remember the woman giving him a strange look, but I didn't get that it was his sense of humour as I percieved him as "the business man", very personable. He had lots of friends (that he visited without us) and was a respected business owner.
Anyways that never went anywhere as my parents were on the downhill slide which sent them even deeper into self absorbtion. I remember wishing I lived in a slum so I would fit in better and could say that my paents couldn't afford to fix them and that was why I didn't have braces.
It dawned on me that although my teeth bothered me tremendously, it was the feeling like I was walking around with a neon sign that proclaimed "unworthy" "unloved" "defective" that really shamed me.
As soon as I could, I quit school, got a job and began the orthodontist treatments. I had to have palate surgery and a few years of braces but I did it.
My world didn't change when they came off, as just having them on gave me such relief. I learned an important lesson. That it wasn't the "gaining" that was important but rather the "losing"
My parents still point the finger at each other blaming.
I have no ill will about it but it baffles me and saddens me that they missed such an opportunity.
Both my kids are in braces right now. So fast forward to present lol. Over a year ago my front tooth began to shift a bit. I'm always regular with check ups and cleanings. I had switched just in the last two years to a local dentist as ours was beginning to get very difficult to arrange and travel too because of circumstances.
A friend I HIGHLY respect recommended her. I had a vibe but I'm aware of this programme I have with women and discomfort/mistrust and I very much valued this friends opinion.
So the dentist says after xrays and usual check up, "you have a bit of bone loss" (this was same time as tooth shifting) Well I got nervous and asked well how bad? What does it mean etc. Just happens whe we get older. Well I figured that I had bone loss generally or something and that it was a natural aging process. And that tooth movement happened too when you got older. I asked about shifting front tooth and she says that's an orthodontist issue. Oh, so I say well maybe when daughter is done payments I will go and see. Oh, ok. So I start taking vitamin K and being careful with my diet, go for my physical, no osteoporosis or anything. I visit a dentist that does work there for a crown and mention it to him who says we can put a filling type thing there for cosmetic purposes but you can't bite hard things. That's ok I say. I will just get it repositioned. It bothers me but I can live with the Lauren Hutton look for awhile.
So I continue to get regular cleanings pointing out each tme that the front tooth seems weird it's sensitive so be careful around it.
A year later I go to the orthodontist who immediately sends me to a peridontist. He says I have a peridontal problem with advanced bone loss (I saw in depth xrays) and that I will loose the tooth. It was quite a blow. I ask how and he at first gave me the smoking schpeel but after xrays said he's baffled because it's mostly in the front tooth with some on other front tooth but not as bad. He said there's no complaints about hygeine have I had a knock on my tooth because that can create a pocket for bacteria to thrive. I told him about surgery which apparently sometimes doesn't heal 100% and make create openings however I suspect a surgery from a small cyst I had removed that changed my gumline from a v behind front teeth to a straight line and it may have shrunk or who knows what.
I was furious after this because for gawds sake should a dentist NOT KNOW that a tooth shifting with bone loss amounts to bacteria eating the bone?? Cause and effect? I was mad at myself for not investigating however with the dentists statements it seemed minor and normal for aging and certainly I had no clue there was such things as peridontist. I only knew about gingivitis and I never had any gum problems.
I immediately switched dentists, told the secretary when she called exactly why and I am now scheduled for deep cleaning. There's 80% bone loss so the peridontist says after deep cleaning we reasses however he is sure he's going to recommend extraction of my front tooth. I said but if the deep cleaning kills bacteria, why extract? he said because the deep pocket will always allow more in and even though the progression will be slower, there will be more bone loss and it will be difficult if I want to get an implant eventually.
I'm not ready to give up on my tooth so iIwas wondering about regrowing bone? I'm trying to read up and it seems there's some sort of laser treatment that looks promising. Anyone have any experience? I'm dealing with anger towards dentist too. My first inclination is to think I'm stupid and missed something however there was never any red flag concern about bone loss and I remember specifically her saying it's just natural when aging and that the shifting tooth baffled her so she suggested an orthodontist which I assumed was for cosmetic purposes and not urgent. Wouldn't she have suggested a peridontist? It's like she didn't associate bone loss with tooth movement or bacteria eating the bone.
So I asked the peridontist who said maybe that's why she suggested frequent cleanings to which I said she never suggested that I just went when the kids did. He just looked down. So I asked him if I had come a year ago would it have been much better...... DUH of course! So I asked him straight out, do you think it was pure incompetence? To which he said well perhaps she suggested orthodontist knowing he would send you to a peridontist but that sounds like colleagues sticking up for each other as an orthodontist might do that, if he's competent however he's not a peridontist and with my dentist besides saying it was an orthodontist no problem was ever even speculated about.

Re: My tooth

chachazoom said:
I'm not ready to give up on my tooth so I was wondering about regrowing bone?

My own experience suggests that vitamin C and magnesium may allow the gums and teeth to heal. A couple years ago, I could feel that a tooth was going bad, and would soon have to come out. After a few weeks of treatment, the tooth got better and it is still great.

From my reading, I believe that fluoride prevents teeth from healing. So the first thing to do is to stop using fluoride toothpaste. I suggest using magnesium ascorbate powder, as it is not an acid and it has magnesium. I really believe that magnesium helps in some way.

I would wet my toothbrush with water and sprinkle on a little magnesium ascorbate powder, and brush it in. A little stevia powder helps the taste, but it was not really that bad. Sometimes I would brush some with toothpaste (non-fluoride!), and then sprinkle the powder on the toothbrush and continue.

I don't know if this will help your problem, but it is cheap and as far as I know, it is completely safe.

I had a couple of root canals due to some prior bad dentistry, which messed up some of my teeth. I've needed some more dental work however I noticed that reducing carbs and increasing proteins and fats have really done more than anything for my teeth. No need for antibiotics as the diet seems to stop any kind of bacteria in it's tracks. My teeth feel a bit stronger as well. I don't know if that relates at all to regrowing bone, but it might be helping some if you're on the diet.

chachazoom,

Sorry to hear about your tooth problem. Below is a article about healing teeth with comfrey. There was a thread on the forum about comfrey that I searched for and couldn't find. Maybe someone will chime in on the name of the thread.

Good luck! I hope you find something to save your tooth.

Forget Filling Cavities: Regrow Your Teeth Instead
_http://www.naturalnews.com/029112_teeth_regeneration.html

Besides, regrowing your teeth is simple. You'll just need two things: comfrey root and organic eggshells. Eggshells are used because they contain 27 minerals and loads of calcium, so they contain the ideal building materials to regrow your teeth. In fact, the composition of eggshells is very similar to the composition of our teeth and bones. Comfrey root is used because it accelerates bone, teeth and tissue growth. In fact, another name for comfrey root is knitbone, primarily because of its ability to knit - or regrow - bone together so quickly.

Found the thread searching Comfrey instead of comfrey. :D

Comfrey
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21597.0.html

My experiences with teeth have been rather similar. I learned - the hard way - that bone loss is due to inflammation and that is usually due to gluten, dairy, plant lectins, not enough proteins and fats. Been there, done that. The bone loss has been stopped, but I have a silver plate glued onto the backs of my front upper teeth to make them secure against the bone loss.

Thanks all. I will check out the links.
I never use flouride and have been very careful with diet since learning aout gluten dairy soy and corn. Always take large doses of C. The rest of my mouth seems ok. The peridontist said if I was 84 he'd put a splint behind teeth. 80% bone loss seems like alot however the tooth isn't really loose, it has shifted foward and to the side creating a gap. I just don't want it extracted. Maybe it can hang on with a splint, good nutrition and regular clenings.

chachazoom said:
Thanks all. I will check out the links.
I never use flouride and have been very careful with diet since learning aout gluten dairy soy and corn. Always take large doses of C. The rest of my mouth seems ok. The peridontist said if I was 84 he'd put a splint behind teeth. 80% bone loss seems like alot however the tooth isn't really loose, it has shifted foward and to the side creating a gap. I just don't want it extracted. Maybe it can hang on with a splint, good nutrition and regular clenings.

Get the splint. As I said, mine is silver which, I think, defends against bacteria 'n stuff. Also, hopefully, you don't have any mercury in the mouth.

One thing I've been experimenting with is comfrey which is supposed to stimulate bone growth. I've got the ground root which I make into a poultice with a little DMSO added and put it on a gauze and tape to my face now and then. Also drink a bit of comfrey tea now and then (made from the leaves). We'll see how that goes.

well, it's comforting to know I'm in such good company with this issue and thanks for help. And yes I have mercury fillings. I impulsively switched dentists for kids and myself but I haven't seen her yet, just had all history switched however there's a more holistic dentist that has rave reviews and specializes in mercury replacement fillings a little further away. I have one root canal too. Holidays are coming up and I will take time to sort it out. I swear, it's just since I've had insurance that I began going more frequently, getting a crown, cleanings. It seems the more you go the more problems there are. Comfrey tomorrow

chachazoom said:
well, it's comforting to know I'm in such good company with this issue and thanks for help. And yes I have mercury fillings. I impulsively switched dentists for kids and myself but I haven't seen her yet, just had all history switched however there's a more holistic dentist that has rave reviews and specializes in mercury replacement fillings a little further away. I have one root canal too. Holidays are coming up and I will take time to sort it out. I swear, it's just since I've had insurance that I began going more frequently, getting a crown, cleanings. It seems the more you go the more problems there are. Comfrey tomorrow

Just keep in mind that bone loss - periodontal problems - are a symptom of much deeper issues; it's an autoimmune problem even if doctors won't admit or diagnose it. It generally correlates to Rheumatoid arthritis and/or heart issues.

Re: Wisdom teeth. To pull or not to pull. That is a question...

Hi all,

I recently got all of my wisdom teeth removed; two were impacted, and the other two had been taking too long to emerge and were likely causing my headaches. Plus, I was told that they would have messed up what my braces did to straighten my teeth.

I did the EE program before my surgery and took some magnesium to help me calm down, because I kept insisting on getting only local anesthesia. Everyone else I knew kept saying how horrible it is without general anesthesia, and that it's traumatic to hear your gums being scraped and your teeth being cracked open. Well, that wasn't true in my case! I was very calm during the entire procedure, as I was doing pipe breathing while reciting the prayer of the soul in my head. In the end, it only took a half an hour, and the doctor and nurse said I was easier to work with than 99% of the other patients, especially girls like me!

It was really painful, though, when I got home. I had to keep pressing two ice bags to the side of my cheeks and take Norco. Pipe breathing and the POTS really helped to distract me from the pain. Along with the pain medicine, I'm stuck taking an antibiotic (not amoxicillin, thank God!) and a steroid to help prevent any infections.

What has been really helpful, I think, is taking DMSO with some Vitamin C powder. It really helps numb the pain, and I was so energetic when I first took it that I walked around my kitchen for an hour before I went to bed on the first night! The only drawback has been that it makes me smell like oysters, but, oh well.

So, it's been three days so far, and I'm feeling pretty great, with only minor irritations in my teeth. I think that the high fat, low carb diet has also been helping me with my recovery. I just want to say thank you to all of you for the advice you have shared throughout the years; it really turned what I thought would be a mountain into a molehill.

Hope that helps anyone who decides to get them pulled. Thanks again! :)

Back
Top Bottom