DMSA for heavy metal detox - how long available?

Perceval said:
After two days (today's my third) of a relatively low dose of DMSA (200mgs twice a day) along with garlic, ALA, glutathione, spirulina, (and other basics) I'm prepared to *tentatively* say that my symptoms of mercury toxicity are clearing up. The fact that I came down with flu-like symptoms 3 days ago isn't helping of course, but I think that too is subsiding.

This is good news! :thup:

Some more info that I found about wild garlic:

Wild garlic and its medicinal effects

The wild garlic contained vitamins, minerals and essential oils, a significant amount of iodine and other organic compounds which favourably affects human body. Wild garlic is widely used in folkish medicine to treat various diseases such as flu, colds, upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis and tonsillitis. As an active mild antibiotic it affects against inflammatory disease, it has fungicidal and bactericidal effects, thus wild garlic destroys mildews, bacteria, fungal infections and mycosis.

It stabilize natural environment in the digestive tract and is used for intestinal diseases and against intestinal parasites. Wild garlic suppresses candidiasis and prevents flatulence and cramps. It is suitable for healing constipation and acute or chronic diarrhoea accompanied by flatulence or colic. Overall wild garlic improves clearness of the intestines. Wild garlic also has a beneficial effect in diabetes. Reduces cholesterol level and blood pressure and prevent arteriosclerosis, because it prevents the deposition of calcium in the arteries. Wild garlic purifies blood very well, so it is suitable for long-term problems with the skin. Its fresh leaves purify the kidneys and bladder and have diuretic effects. The plant also has a positive effect on the stomach. If you have sensitive stomach, you should first scald wild garlic with milk and drink to sip after 2-3 hours.

http://www.spectrumofhealth.com/wild-garlic-for-spring-detoxification

Garlic (allium sativum) and wild garlic (allium ursinum)

Garlic has been shown to protect the white and red blood cells from oxidative damage, caused by metals in the blood stream - on their way out – and also has its own valid detoxification functions. Garlic contains numerous sulphur components, including the most valuable sulfhydryl groups which oxidize mercury, cadmium and lead and make these metals water-soluble. This makes it easy for the organism to excrete these substances. Garlic also contains alliin which is enzymatically transformed into allicin, nature's most potent antimicrobial agent. Metal-toxic patients almost always suffer from secondary infections, which are often responsible for part of the symptoms. Garlic also contains the most important mineral which protects from mercury toxicity, bio active selenium. Most selenium products are poorly absorbable and do not reach those body compartments in need for it. Garlic selenium is the most beneficial natural bioavailable source. Garlic is also protective against heart disease and cancer.

The half-life of allicin (after crushing garlic) is less than 14 days. Most commercial garlic products have no allicin releasing potential left. This distinguishes freeze-dried garlic from all other products. Bear garlic tincture is excellent for use in detox, but less effective as antimicrobial agent.

Dosage: 1-3 capsules freeze dried garlic after each meal. Start with 1 capsule after the main meal per day, slowly increase to the higher dosage. Initially the patient may experience die-off reactions (from killing pathogenic fungal or bacterial organisms). Use 5-10 drops bear-garlic on food at least 3 times per day.

http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/klinghardt-heavymetalchelation-2.html#garlic-and-wild-garlic-as-detoxification-agents

Very interesting Persej! I now realise that we actually had some of this growing here. I just ordered some bulbs and will be planting them when they arrive and be taking care of them so we have a good supply.

These bulbs that you plant, are they basically the same as the bulb that you harvest and eat? So could you eat the bulbs instead of planting?

Perceval said:
I now realise that we actually had some of this growing here. I just ordered some bulbs and will be planting them when they arrive and be taking care of them so we have a good supply.

Cool. :)

These bulbs that you plant, are they basically the same as the bulb that you harvest and eat? So could you eat the bulbs instead of planting?

Well, these guys say that allicin is lost after 48 hours (they don't say about other stuff such as sulphur components which are needed for chelation), so they recommend that you eat them fresh, or buy their tincture which is made 90 minutes after harvest. They harvest their leaves, but they also say that you should eat them only before they blossom. They don't say why. So in the end you can only eat them about 20 days per year, somewhere in the spring. I guess that's why they call it 'spring detox'.

Here is the video of the harvest: https://youtu.be/Vu9MbUfszrE

Oh, I found their explanation about allin's half-life (not allicin, but allicin is made from allin).

When fresh garlic is chopped or crushed, the enzyme alliinase converts alliin into allicin, which is responsible for the aroma of fresh garlic.

It exhibits antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antiprotozoal activity. Allicin is garlic's defense mechanism against attacks by pests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allicin

I would like to point out the facts that you may not know, everyone who picked wild garlic. The main ingredient of wild garlic is allin that with enzyme alineaza makes allicin, one of the most powerful antimicrobial element in nature.

However, once the pick fresh leaf of wild garlic, allin begins to vaporize. In contact with air oxidizes and begins to break down. Healing is lost very quickly , almost 2% per hour. It means for one day wild garlic lose half of its healing properties, and for 48 hours allin disappears completely. So whenever you can, go to a clean, uncontaminated nature, eat 10 to 15 leaves and do it until wild garlic bloom . It is the best thing you can do for your body. Any other form of processing that includes thermal processing, drying or freezing not to preserve allin and will not contribute to your health. For those who might not know, wild garlic extremely lowers high blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides, normalize blood circulation, cleanses the intestines and stomach. One ten-thousandth gram of allicin has the strength of 20 milligrams of penicillin. Allicin is usually the strongest natural anti-microbial agent. Many bacteria are not resistant, such as MRSA for example, which is resistant to the strongest antibiotics. When there are no more wild garlic in nature, and there's only twenty days of the year, the only thing left to do is to have our Wild garlic drops we produce at specific technology in order to keep active principles of the plant itself. As you can see, we run immediately on the mountain, we came with off-road vehicle in inaccessible mountain regions of Kučaj, when immediately begins the process of production. Fresh leaf of wild garlic, immediately after collection, placed in a special stainless steel container where is Allin stabilized by alcoholic vapors.

Within a few hours, wild garlic switches to special stainless steel tanks that are located in our production object and thus permanently stabilize the active substances in our herbal drops. When you start using our product, it cleans the blood vessels, but it needs some time to do that. It is the best for preventive use , permanently, but it is important to drink at least 2 months of our wild garlic drops. Each plant operates slowly , but in a natural way.

Allin need 10 days to reach a critical concentration in human blood. Then move through the blood vessels, as a solvent, cleaning up the accumulated fat it encounters. Over time, wild garlic is able to completely clean up the blood vessels, as well as the stomach and intestines. However, should not exaggerate with fresh wild garlic. I can not in this way to convey the smell and taste, but 15-20 leaves a day is enough. A lot of leaves of wild garlic can lead to diarrhea due to rapid clearance of the body. People with low blood pressure can further bring down the pressure, but it is temporary and after some time, the pressure to stabilize. [So I have to be careful with this.]

For me, wild garlic is treasure of nature and God's gift to Serbia, which it abounds, but should be careful. Do not eat it if nature is not clear, if there are roads, factories, pollution, because you bring with heavy metals from the land they grow. It's a shame people do not know enough about this plant, and they cooked, dried, frozen or healing trying to preserve. Also, wild garlic on the market has little or no surviving allin. Plant will keep the aroma, taste, a little vitamin C, sulfur compounds, and adenosine, but not allin which is the main curative ingredient of wild garlic.

And do not forget: wild garlic is 20 times more healing than regular garlic, and does not irritate the stomach after consumption of herbal drops and no characteristic odor.

So with our wild garlic drops, you can enjoy all the aspects: the smell, taste and medicinal properties, and it is always and everywhere.

_http://www.ramslin.com/article/learn-more/features-and-effects.html

So it will keep the sulfur compounds. So that means that it would maybe be good for detox, but not for other things. But the fresh are always the best.

Ok, so I bought this thing and started taking it. It is recommended to take it 3 times per 20 drops, but I started with just 5 today because I wanted to see how will it affect my blood pressure which is already low. So far it's ok.

I will probably take 20 drops once per day because I already take a lot of other stuff on this iodine protocol. And probably add something more (spirulina, chlorella...).

Strange thing is that it is advertised only as a supplement for problems with high cholesterol and triglycerides and other cardiac problems, but on the paper inside the first thing that is mentioned is it's powerful antibiotic properties. An it is only on their website that you can read about its chelation properties. So this thing is either a hoax, or another very powerful natural thing, like iodine, that is not very known. Well, it's relatively cheap so I'll try it and report the results.

It is also written inside that the biggest concentration of active components is in the young leaves, so that is probably the reason why they harvest it before it blossoms.

Good to hear that you are recovering Joe!

And thanks to Persej for all that info on garlic and wild garlic. It grows here a lot and is put in everything when the season is on, from cheese, sausages, pasta etc.

Now I can't wait until spring arrives, though eating 10-15 leaves raw might be a little test. My partner Ysus talked about mercury poisoining the other day and she found some wild garlic tablets in the cupboard that the naturopath had given her last year when she had her last amalgam filling taken out. Interesting how some things take a long time to sink in. :-[

Aeneas said:
My partner Ysus talked about mercury poisoining the other day and she found some wild garlic tablets in the cupboard that the naturopath had given her last year when she had her last amalgam filling taken out. Interesting how some things take a long time to sink in. :-[

Interesting. It seems that we really are onto something with this wild garlic. :)

Persej said:
Aeneas said:
My partner Ysus talked about mercury poisoining the other day and she found some wild garlic tablets in the cupboard that the naturopath had given her last year when she had her last amalgam filling taken out. Interesting how some things take a long time to sink in. :-[

Interesting. It seems that we really are onto something with this wild garlic. :)

I noticed that the first evidence of human use was in Denmark from the mesolithic times, so very close to home ;)

And before we all go out madly picking anything that vaguely looks like wild garlic, there is this warning from wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allium_ursinum said:
Similarity to poisonous plants

The leaves of A. ursinum are easily mistaken for Lily of the Valley, sometimes also those of Colchicum autumnale and Arum maculatum. All three are poisonous; potentially deadly incidents occur almost every year. Grinding the leaves between the fingers and checking for a garlic-like smell can be helpful, but if the smell remains on the hands, one can easily mistake a subsequent poisonous plant for bear garlic.[3] When the leaves of Allium ursinum and Arum maculatum first sprout they look similar, but unfolded Arum maculatum leaves have irregular edges and many deep veins while ramsons leaves are convex with a single main vein. The leaves of Lily of the Valley come from a single purple stem, while the leaves of A. ursinum have individual green-coloured stems.

Gaby said:
Perceval said:
After two days (today's my third) of a relatively low dose of DMSA (200mgs twice a day) along with garlic, ALA, glutathione, spirulina, (and other basics) I'm prepared to *tentatively* say that my symptoms of mercury toxicity are clearing up. The fact that I came down with flu-like symptoms 3 days ago isn't helping of course, but I think that too is subsiding.

This is good news! :thup:

Without a doubt. I'm glad you are feeling better, Joe. :D

Aeneas said:
Good to hear that you are recovering Joe!

And thanks to Persej for all that info on garlic and wild garlic. It grows here a lot and is put in everything when the season is on, from cheese, sausages, pasta etc.

Now I can't wait until spring arrives, though eating 10-15 leaves raw might be a little test. My partner Ysus talked about mercury poisoining the other day and she found some wild garlic tablets in the cupboard that the naturopath had given her last year when she had her last amalgam filling taken out. Interesting how some things take a long time to sink in. :-[

One should also be very careful about gathering wild garlic: it can contain heavy metals from car exhaust fumes if it grows near roads as well as traces of feces of animals (which can contain parasites and other toxines).

Aeneas said:
I noticed that the first evidence of human use was in Denmark from the mesolithic times, so very close to home ;)

Smart people those ancient Danes. :)

And before we all go out madly picking anything that vaguely looks like wild garlic, there is this warning from wikipedia

Yes, people should be careful. I found a good collection of images of wild garlic, and also some similar poisonous plants: https://easywildflowers.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/allium-ursinum-the-wild-garlic/

People say that after blossoming the leaves are very hot, so they are not good for human consumption.

Some more info about garlic and wild garlic:

The bottom line is that no other element including oxygen has more of an ability to combine with other elements than sulfur. All the metals except gold and platinum combine with sulfur to form inorganic sulfides. Sulfur combines with aluminum to form aluminum sulfate, it combines with barium to form barium sulfate, and it combines with strontium to form strontium sulfate.

If you not getting the hint, I will say it outright! Sulfur is crucial for detoxification and chelation of heavy metals and radioactive particles, which behave like heavy metals chemically.

http://drsircus.com/medicine/cancer/cancer-sulfur-garlic-glutathione

Probably the most effective as well as safest way to remove mercury by means that are available to the general public is through the consumption of garlic. Garlic is an excellent source of sulfur. Mercury loves sulfur. In the presence of sulfur, mercury will unbind from virtually any other substance in order to bind with sulfur. Sulfur can literally "catch" mercury and facilitate its excretion from the body.

http://www.karenhurd.com/pages/healthtopics/currenthealthtrends/ht-cht-mercury.html

Latest scientific test results have shown that Wild Garlic contains approximately four and one half (4.5) times more sulfur compounds than common garlic.

http://www.alive.com/health/wild-garlic-simply-the-best/

I don't know if this is important, but I find it interesting:

INGEST MORE SULFUR. The mineral sulfur is needed for the cytochrome P450 detoxification pathways in the liver, and to bind toxic metals, and for other purposes in the liver as well. Most people do not get enough organically bound sulfur in their diets. Therefore, method number one is to increase you intake of sulfur of the correct type.

Two types of sulfur are needed. Non protein-bound sulfur is found in most cooked vegetables. The cabbage family (cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower) is particularly good. The radish family is also excellent (red radishes, black radishes, white radishes or daikon root, turnip, rutabaga and perhaps a few others). Also, some greens are high in sulfur including watercress, bok choy, Chinese cabbage, kale, mustard greens, collard greens and perhaps a few others, though not spinach. Onions and garlic are also excellent.

Protein-bound sulfur is found in meats and egg yolks, providing one does not cook the egg yolk very much. This is why we recommend soft cooked eggs only so the yolks are runny. Raw eggs may be consumed, but they contain avidin, a minor toxin, and sometimes the eggs contain bacteria that are harmful. Therefore, we suggest soft-boiled eggs cooked for up to about 3 minutes in most areas of the world, or poached eggs or even very lightly fried eggs or very soft scrambled eggs only. Avoid hard-boiled eggs and hard scrambled eggs, as these are much more difficult to digest and the cooking damages the fat and sulfur compounds in the delicate yolk.

http://drlwilson.com/Articles/LIVER%20DETOX.htm

Now, the wild garlic has this other type of sulfur, unlike the standard garlic and other vegetables:

Even with the extremely high sulfur content, it is naturally odorless after its consumption. This is because sulfur in Wild Garlic is bound to protein, whereas in common garlic sulfur is found in a “free” form.

http://www.alive.com/health/wild-garlic-simply-the-best/

Persej said:
The bottom line is that no other element including oxygen has more of an ability to combine with other elements than sulfur. All the metals except gold and platinum combine with sulfur to form inorganic sulfides. Sulfur combines with aluminum to form aluminum sulfate, it combines with barium to form barium sulfate, and it combines with strontium to form strontium sulfate.

If you not getting the hint, I will say it outright! Sulfur is crucial for detoxification and chelation of heavy metals and radioactive particles, which behave like heavy metals chemically.

http://drsircus.com/medicine/cancer/cancer-sulfur-garlic-glutathione

Someone brought to my attention this book today:

Therapeutic Potential of Garlic against Aluminium Toxicity in Rats
_https://www.lap-publishing.com/catalog/details//store/gb/book/978-3-659-10741-2/therapeutic-potential-of-garlic-against-aluminium-toxicity-in-rats

Garlic (Allium sativum L., Liliaceae) is a nature’s boon to mankind which has played an important dietary and therapeutic medicinal role throughout the history of mankind. Aluminum is a potent neurotoxin and has been associated with Alzheimer's disease causality for decades. Study demonstrated the ameliorative effect of garlic extract against aluminium-induced toxicity in rat model. Results reveal dose dependent response with the administration of therapeutic agent. Treatment with extract of Garlic revealed that it was significantly effective in recouping most of the biochemical alterations produced by the toxicant. Markers of liver injury and oxidative stress i.e. AST, ALT, ALAD,LPO and GSH showed significant recoupment with the therapy. Curative treatment with therapeutic agent prevented the leakage of AST, and ALT indicating stabilization of plasma membrane as well as repair of hepatic, renal and cerebral tissues damage.

That is some good news considering how difficult it is to chelate aluminum. Ginger is also good:

Role of ginger against the reproductive toxicity of aluminium chloride in albino male rats.
_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21790801
[...] In the current study, it was concluded that AlCl(3) had a destructive effect on all the studied reproductive parameters. Treatment with ginger has an ameliorating effect against AlCl(3) toxicity after 60 days post-treatment.

From another thread:

Any cell or molecule in your body that has sulfur in it will be attacked, destroyed or deactivated by mercury. The problem is Mercury simply "Loves Sulfur" too much. So much so, that it will compete with other molecules for Sulfur and can usually "steal" Sulfur out of other molecular structures, in effect killing them. If it can't steal Sulfur, Mercury will bond to the Sulfur atom the best it can. This usually prevents the molecule from performing its function. Sulfur is part of our blood cells as well as many other proteins and enzymes also found in the blood.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,7765.msg85090.html#msg85090

It sounds like iodine + sulfur is a good combination for heavy metal detox. Iodine as a mobilizer and sulfur as a chelator.

Back
Top Bottom