DMSO - Dimethylsulphoxide

So, just a follow-up. I'm still not certain that the DMSO had any useful effect on my tooth abscess but the swelling has now all but gone, along with the pain. Also, the headache lasted from 5 am till 11 pm then stopped just as I was going to bed (and hoping that I might sleep despite it). So I got a good night's sleep. Tonight I take the last of 24 x 500mg Amoxycillin capsules. Tomorrow I return to the dentist to have the tooth washed out and another temporary filling added. Once the infection is completely gone, I have to have the tooth cleaned, sealed and filled a final time. Oh, how I enjoy growing old! I'm just glad that I don't smoke or eat sweet things, otherwise I'd probably have no teeth by now!

Attachments

• Xray.jpg
    Xray.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 3
So I'll try what Zak has suggested: Bromelain. It may work! More research is needed on my part, so something else may be of some use. Thank you all. Greatly appreciated.
Bromelain, depending on the case, can be very effective, and combined with curcumin or quercetin, their potential is amplified.
Here is an article on curcumin and quercetin, which should be seen more as complementary agents than antagonists.
ancestralhealthnz.org/curcumin-vs-quercetin/

I would like to take this opportunity to come back to the addition of pepper to boost the effects of curcumin.
The medicinal properties of curcumin obtained from Curcuma longa L. cannot be utilised because of poor bioavailability due to its rapid metabolism in the liver and intestinal wall. In this study, the effect of combining piperine, a known inhibitor of hepatic and intestinal glucuronidation, was evaluated on the bioavailability of curcumin in rats and healthy human volunteers. When curcumin was given alone, in the dose 2 g/kg to rats, moderate serum concentrations were achieved over a period of 4 h. Concomitant administration of piperine 20 mg/kg increased the serum concentration of curcumin for a short period of 1-2 h post drug. Time to maximum was significantly increased (P < 0.02) while elimination half life and clearance significantly decreased (P < 0.02), and the bioavailability was increased by 154%. On the other hand in humans after a dose of 2 g curcumin alone, serum levels were either undetectable or very low. Concomitant administration of piperine 20 mg produced much higher concentrations from 0.25 to 1 h post drug (P < 0.01 at 0.25 and 0.5 h; P < 0.001 at 1 h), the increase in bioavailability was 2000%. The study shows that in the dosages used, piperine enhances the serum concentration, extent of absorption and bioavailability of curcumin in both rats and humans with no adverse effects.
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9619120/

Except that in reading this article, those who are under treatment, with medication, should think about it a bit beforehand, and have a light hand on curcumin, or pepper, or both.
Piperine has various pharmacological effects and can modulate the functional activity of metabolic enzymes and drug transporters. Consequently, there is a great interest in the application of piperine as an alternative medicine or bioavailability enhancer. Areas covered: This review deals with the effects of piperine on metabolizing enzymes and drug transporters. It provides the readers with an update on transporter-mediated and also metabolic enzyme-mediated piperine-drug interactions, with emphasis on its in vivo implications. This article also encompasses recent advances in the formulation approaches and technologies for optimizing the delivery of piperine. Expert opinion: Piperine can influence the pharmacokinetics of coadministered drugs, which may result in a therapeutically beneficial or adverse effect. Given that piperine inhibits or stimulates the activity of metabolic enzymes and transporters depending on the treatment conditions, the clinical significance of piperine-drug interactions should be assessed by varying the dose, dosing frequency, and the duration of treatment. In particular, better understanding the clinical relevance of piperine-drug interactions based on long-term assessments will provide a strong basis for the feasibility and applicability of piperine as a bioenhancer or a health-promoting agent. The development of effective formulations is also critical to facilitate the therapeutic applications of piperine.
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29250980/

I read 14 pages of this thread, but I didn't understand everything through automatic translation.
My question is.
I bought 99.5% DMSO in a glass bottle:

I have arthritis in my foot. It is swollen and hurts.
I will make an approx.70% solution with reverse osmosis water and apply it to the skin of the foot around the painful joint using gauze.
Is this a good way to do it?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I read 14 pages of this thread, but I didn't understand everything through automatic translation.
My question is.
I bought 99.5% DMSO in a glass bottle:

I will make an approx.70% solution with reverse osmosis water and apply it to the skin of the foot around the painful joint using gauze.

Yes, although it is better to use distilled water, reverse osmosis will do in a pinch to dilute the DMSO. You may want to try with a 50% dilution at first to see how your skin reacts. Using the gauze, "paint the DMSO" solution on the painful joint. You could also make a hot compress, apply to the swollen joint, then use the DMSO. I do this for my mother. The heat really helps.

Hope you get feeling better soon, @ziutek

Yes, although it is better to use distilled water, reverse osmosis will do in a pinch to dilute the DMSO. You may want to try with a 50% dilution at first to see how your skin reacts. Using the gauze, "paint the DMSO" solution on the painful joint. You could also make a hot compress, apply to the swollen joint, then use the DMSO. I do this for my mother. The heat really helps.

Hope you get feeling better soon, @ziutek
Thank you Lilou. I will do that and let you know what the results will be.

Hi Ziutek, I think what Lilou mentioned about using distilled water over reverse osmosis water may be key as RO water tends to suck up nutrients and could possibly weaken the effect of the DMSO. My wife regularly uses a 50% dilution on her arms as she's a dog groomer and although she doesn't have arthritis, she experiences much of the same pain and stiffness in her joints from the repetitive motions. The DMSO is the only thing that works for her.

I do use the 99% DMSO directly on my muscles with a cotton swab, but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone who doesn't have a very high pain tolerance. It can feel like a battery acid burn if you dab it in an area without a lot of muscle mass.

One thing I've discovered with DMSO regarding ankle or foot pain, is that swabbing my calf muscles really helps. All the blood and nutrients getting to the foot and ankle area seem to get transported much better when the calf muscles are "opened" up by DMSO. That's my experience, anyway. For me, gravity tends to situate all the toxins in my calf muscles that lead to foot and ankle issues. Once the calves are cleaned out, I tend to get much better circulation in the foot department.

Cześć Ziutek, myślę, że to, co Lilou wspomniał o używaniu wody destylowanej zamiast wody z odwróconej osmozy, może być kluczowe, ponieważ woda RO ma tendencję do zasysania składników odżywczych i może osłabić działanie DMSO. Moja żona regularnie stosuje 50% rozcieńczenie na swoich ramionach, ponieważ zajmuje się pielęgnacją psów i chociaż nie ma artretyzmu, doświadcza tego samego bólu i sztywności w stawach z powodu powtarzających się ruchów. DMSO to jedyna rzecz, która na nią działa.

Używam 99% DMSO bezpośrednio na mięśnie za pomocą wacika, ale nie sugerowałbym tego nikomu, kto nie ma bardzo wysokiej tolerancji na ból. Może to przypominać oparzenia kwasem akumulatorowym, jeśli przesuniesz go w obszarze bez dużej masy mięśniowej.

Jedną z rzeczy, które odkryłem z DMSO w odniesieniu do bólu kostki lub stopy, jest to, że wycieranie mięśni łydek naprawdę pomaga. Wydaje się, że cała krew i składniki odżywcze docierające do stóp i kostek są transportowane znacznie lepiej, gdy mięśnie łydek są „otwarte” przez DMSO. Takie jest w każdym razie moje doświadczenie. Dla mnie grawitacja ma tendencję do lokowania wszystkich toksyn w mięśniach łydek, co prowadzi do problemów ze stopami i kostkami. Po oczyszczeniu łydek mam tendencję do znacznie lepszego krążenia w obszarze stóp.
That's what I was thinking too, to buy distilled water though. I will not have doubts because I will exclude the uncertain factor.

Thanks for the suggestion to lubricate the calf.

I lubricated my foot and calf yesterday with a 50% DMSO solution using reverse osmosis water. The distilled water I was able to buy was only the kind for batteries and iron, and I think it is not pure.
The pain decreased significantly today so that I can walk in relative comfort.
Tonight I will try it with a 70% solution.
Thank you for this thread to all who have commented.
So far, hirudotherapy has helped me with the soreness of the joint, but I think this way is more hygienic.

A few months ago I started having all kinds of aches and pains, more than usual that is. After watching Elliot's videos about oxalates (plant toxins) I adjusted my diet (less and less oxalates, but step by step). Apart from all kinds of supplements that help bind the oxalates he also recommends MSM for pain relief and I started taking that a few days ago. Foot soaks with Epsom Salts (magnesium sulfate) plus sodium bicarbonate could also help you, @ziutek. I have been doing them every day, and started loading up on the supplements and these aches and pains are becoming less insistent! So, perhaps you could look into the possibilities of a low-oxalate diet. Here is the thread:

Also see: DMSO - The Real Miracle Solution -- Sott.net

DMSO2, a derivative of DMSO, is better tolerated and doesn't have the odor and irritation side effects. Despite this positive aspect, it hasn't surpassed the effectiveness, fascination and popularity of DMSO. It is also known as methylsulfonylmethane or MSM, an entire topic for another article by itself!

Sulfur is an element of the earth and it is essential to life, it as among the most prevalent elements in the human body. Allergic reactions to sulfur are not possible because sulfur has no protein component. When people are 'allergic to sulfur', what they really mean is that they are allergic or sensitive mainly to certain sulfur-containing drugs or proteins, most notably sulfa antibiotics (sulfonamides) or to sulfites (preservatives used in wines and some foods), or to foods with a high sulfur content (broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, onions, etc). Many individuals with allergies to sulfa drugs, sulfites, or high sulfur containing foods (like the author) do not experience problems taking DMSO, because apart from sulfur, DMSO bears no relation to these substances.

Thanks to Mariama.
I'm taking the time to read the thread on oxalates.

I just lubricated my foot with 70% DMSO and we will see if that pain reduction was not a placebo effect .:lol:

When my joint problems started it was the doctor who after a series of tests made the diagnosis that it was an autoimmune disease and was the result of very frequent angina.
Here I must point out that I stopped getting angina when my joints started hurting.

Another option for you might be HBOT(hyperbaric oxygen therapy). It is relatively cheap in Poland. Some of our members reported that HBOT helps with arthritis. This is the thread:

I did another DMSO poultice treatment, this time with a 70% concentration. It didn't help the inflammation in the joint. It was even worse the second day.
So yesterday I went for leeches, and I have to say that in my case these wonderful creatures do the best job because today I walk almost normally and the pain is minimal.
I bought EPSOM salt and as soon as the wounds heal I will soak my feet with sodium bicarbonate as @Mariama suggested.

Thanks @broken.english for advising HBOT.
From what I've found around it is very expensive for 10 sessions, and for there to be any results I would need min. 30 sessions.
I hope there will be other options, more accessible, to take advantage of this.

From what I've found around it is very expensive for 10 sessions, and for there to be any results I would need min. 30 sessions.

As for cost reduction of HBOT, I think the best way would be to establish a user circle. I am trying to do this here in Germany. So far there is slow progress but some day I will manage.

Unfortunately this will not help you right now but maybe you could keep it in mind, just as an idea for the future.

Ziutek, if you go to the HBOT thread and search for 'Samozdrav' you will find a cheaper option. Andromeda has started using it and reported back, as have others, so you may want to read these posts. Also, if it's difficult for you to order the Samozdrav thingy you can PM Joe and ask him to do it for you and ship it you.

Back
Top Bottom