Do-it-yourself liposomal nutrients

Re: Re: Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

msante said:
I was having some doubts: is it possible to administer liposomal vitamin c to young children (5-10 years)? If it so, what would be the appropriate dose?

I can't see a reason why not ... as long as you dial down the amount according to their weight. And even then i would be starting at a much lower dose. I don't know if I would give LipC to my kids, unless they were sick, though.

LipC would not be at the forefront of my thoughts regarding my kids, but rather overall health and diet. Now I know that this can be very, very challenging ...

I've had the flu for the majority of this week. Last time I had the flu was around 2004. This time around it was much, much better thanks to the KD and liposomal C (the mega batch with 6T of C). Mild muscle aches, no fever and I still had an appetite. With the last flu I ended up with a cough that lasted for a couple of months until I finally caved and took antibiotics. This time I made it out with no chest infection. I did two FIR sauna sessions and two steam inhalations of colloidal silver and DMSO in distlled water which really brought out the phlegm.

I felt it coming on Monday, Tues through Thurs were days of more pronounced symptoms and I felt normal on Friday.

Now back to :cool2:

Re: Re: Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

nicklebleu said:
msante said:
I was having some doubts: is it possible to administer liposomal vitamin c to young children (5-10 years)? If it so, what would be the appropriate dose?

LipC would not be at the forefront of my thoughts regarding my kids, but rather overall health and diet. Now I know that this can be very, very challenging ...

I agree that the diet should be the first concern. My interest in learning about other people's experience administering liposomal vitamin c their children is because this summer has been very cold and I suspect that the coming winter will be very crude.

Thanks for your reply

Has anyone tried using the Sunflower Lecithin in semi liquid form, it`s like thick honey?
It might seem whimpy, but I really can`t deal with soy, it is somewhat between what I imagine dirty wet dog skin, or fresh fish entrails might taste like..I can`t swallow it without gaging and the lingering after taste is even worst!
I can`t find sunflower lecithin in a powder form, and was hoping that the semi liquid stuff would work as well, any ideas or thoughts on using that instead?

msante said:
nicklebleu said:
msante said:

I agree that the diet should be the first concern. My interest in learning about other people's experience administering liposomal vitamin c their children is because this summer has been very cold and I suspect that the coming winter will be very crude.

Thanks for your reply
before I tried to give vitamin C ( in liquid form) my kids ( 7 & 10), they wouldn't take it and I ended up giving them 500 mg chews with 4 grams of sugar . I used to hate it give with sugar. with LPC ( laua's concentrated lpc), my kids take 2 or 3 times, one table spoon of it with out any complaints. In fact my elder one asks for it.:)

Meager1 said:
Has anyone tried using the Sunflower Lecithin in semi liquid form, it`s like thick honey?

I tried Soy Lecithin in that form and it didn't work. Very hard to dissolve in water and it did not stay homogeneous.

Persej said:
Meager1 said:

I tried Soy Lecithin in that form and it didn't work. Very hard to dissolve in water and it did not stay homogeneous.

I tried it too and it was a disaster.

Remember that soy lecithin, once hydrated in water, does NOT taste like soy. It tastes like liquid lecithin.

seek10 said:
msante said:
nicklebleu said:
msante said:

Thanks for your reply
before I tried to give vitamin C ( in liquid form) my kids ( 7 & 10), they wouldn't take it and I ended up giving them 500 mg chews with 4 grams of sugar . I used to hate it give with sugar. with LPC ( laua's concentrated lpc), my kids take 2 or 3 times, one table spoon of it with out any complaints. In fact my elder one asks for it.:)

I am not sure if giving vitamin C together with sugar is a good idea - in that case I personally would rather choose not give vitamin C to my kids - sugar is one of the more toxic substances we ingest and while vitamin C may possibly counteract some of these effects I think that this defeats the purpose - a bit like sitting in a Ferrari with the handbrake on and giving it full throttle ...

I tried an experiment recently in attempting to make liposomal magnesium in some form and want to report back on my results. First, I tried magnesium citrate powder; I used about a tablespoon for a cup of cold water, but the water remained cloudy (maybe I added too much, though I did mix it for a while) and it didn't end up becoming liposomal--it separated (and smelled a little weird). The second time I tried using magnesium ascorbate powder, about 3 tablespoons, in a cup of hot water (attempting to better dissolve it after the first experiment); the water first turned blackish and then kind of reddish brown after mixing for a while, but looked basically dissolved otherwise, and it didn't become liposomal at all--it looked like it curdled the lecithin for some reason as there was reddish water and chunks of stuff.

I looked around online for a little while too to see if anyone had made or was selling liposomal magnesium in one form or another and couldn't find anyone doing either, so right now I'm not sure that it can be done.

I did manage to find a really cheap source of bulk ascorbic acid that looks good and that I should be getting tomorrow:

_http://www.amazon.com/Lbs-Ascorbic-Acid-Vitamin-Powder/dp/B00BBZUWR4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362351727&sr=8-1

It's definitely more than I was looking to get (11lbs!), but there wasn't a smaller size that was even close to as economical as this size--getting 3lbs is often more expensive than this, so I decided to go this route. Hopefully it'll be good :whistle:

Here's a helpful YouTube video for making Liposomal Vitamin C. I've made it several times, and it works fine (unless I use the "buffered" Vitamin C crystals, in which case the solution "separates").

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cBp879mfgI

I bought an Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner from Amazon:

_http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-CD-2800-Ultrasonic-Jewelry-Cleaner/dp/B001DKDAVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362364425&sr=1-1&keywords=jewelry+cleaner

Hi Foxx And Elizabeth, what happens acconding what I have read is that Calcium and Magnesium Ions don't stabilizate the formation of liposomes of lecithin and it is probable Elizabeth that your buffered ascorbate contains some of those elements.

the second time I tried using magnesium ascorbate powder, about 3 tablespoons, in a cup of hot water (attempting to better dissolve it after the first experiment); the water first turned blackish and then kind of reddish brown after mixing for a while, but looked basically dissolved otherwise, and it didn't become liposomal at all--it looked like it curdled the lecithin for some reason as there was reddish water and chunks of stuff.

You are seeing the decomposition of the ascorbate, that's the reason that it can be heated. Don't use it in that way. You have to change to sodium ascorbate or doing it in situ with sodium bicarbonate.

I'm not sure that there is a reason to take liposomal magnesium or other minerals.

It seems to me that the main reason to use liposomal vitamin C is if you have some condition that you are experimenting with the cure of, that would require high blood levels of C for a particular period of time such as some autoimmune condition that you suspect might be triggered by an infective agent, cancer and so forth. I don't think that it is something that you just take long term for no particular reason.

Foxx said:
_http://www.amazon.com/Lbs-Ascorbic-Acid-Vitamin-Powder/dp/B00BBZUWR4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362351727&sr=8-1

It's definitely more than I was looking to get (11lbs!), but there wasn't a smaller size that was even close to as economical as this size--getting 3lbs is often more expensive than this, so I decided to go this route. Hopefully it'll be good :whistle:

The problem with cheap vitamin C is it usually (or always?) comes from some transgenic source, mainly imported from China. I haven´t found yet any at a reasonable price and import mine from the USA. The manufacturer is called "The Vitamin C Foundation", who only devotes itself on few supplements form and certify their products as non GMO. Making now DIY liposomal supplements can be economically challenging, for sure :headbash:

Galaxia2002 said:
Hi Foxx And Elizabeth, what happens acconding what I have read is that Calcium and Magnesium Ions don't stabilizate the formation of liposomes of lecithin and it is probable Elizabeth that your buffered ascorbate contains some of those elements.

the second time I tried using magnesium ascorbate powder, about 3 tablespoons, in a cup of hot water (attempting to better dissolve it after the first experiment); the water first turned blackish and then kind of reddish brown after mixing for a while, but looked basically dissolved otherwise, and it didn't become liposomal at all--it looked like it curdled the lecithin for some reason as there was reddish water and chunks of stuff.

You are seeing the decomposition of the ascorbate, that's the reason that it can be heated. Don't use it in that way. You have to change to sodium ascorbate or doing it in situ with sodium bicarbonate.

Thanks for the explanation, Galaxia2002! I had been making it with sodium ascorbate normally, following Laura's recipe--these were just a couple of experiments that I tried.

Laura said:
I'm not sure that there is a reason to take liposomal magnesium or other minerals.

It seems to me that the main reason to use liposomal vitamin C is if you have some condition that you are experimenting with the cure of, that would require high blood levels of C for a particular period of time such as some autoimmune condition that you suspect might be triggered by an infective agent, cancer and so forth. I don't think that it is something that you just take long term for no particular reason.

I wasn't sure if there was a reason to either, or if it was possible (or whether it was even safe), so I thought I'd try it and find out. As for the liposomal C, I'm trying to do a long course of that to see if it will cure the tick meat allergy (if it's caused by a residual pathogen). I've also been taking it with liposomal glutathione to aid in detoxing my liver.

hesperides said:
Foxx said:

The problem with cheap vitamin C is it usually (or always?) comes from some transgenic source, mainly imported from China. I haven´t found yet any at a reasonable price and import mine from the USA. The manufacturer is called "The Vitamin C Foundation", who only devotes itself on few supplements form and certify their products as non GMO. Making now DIY liposomal supplements can be economically challenging, for sure :headbash:

Maybe if it's purified, like the soy lecithin, it's ok. I'm not sure of this, though, and usually try to avoid anything suspicious to be on the safe side. But I have 11lbs of this stuff now, so I guess I'll find out soon enough!

I made my first batch this morning. I use Laura's recipe 6 tbsp of sodium ascorbate, 3 tbsp of sodium bicarbonate in a cup of water and 3 tbsp of lecithin in a cup of water. I used a blender wand to mix the lecithin until the granules were completely blended.

I had trouble getting the sodium bicarbonate to dissolve. I dissolved the sodium ascorbate first. Just some stirring the mixture was clear. I added the sodium bicarbonate, thought it was dissolved added the lecithin and put it in the ultrasonic machine for 480 seconds. After the timed session I poured the mixture into a jar. After a few minutes some of the sodium bicarbonate settled to the bottom.

I tried mixing with a spoon in the ultrasonic for 2 more runs of 480 seconds. This helped some. Then I mixed it with the blender wand, this dissolved nearly all of it. Next time I will mix the sodium ascorbate and sodium bicarbonate with the wand to completely dissolve it all. BTW I did not notice that these two ingredients reacted with each other when I was mixing them together.

I took a tablespoon of the mix soon after and will later in the day when I would usually have dissolved ascorbic acid crystals in water.

We'll see how it goes.

Mac

Back
Top Bottom