Do-it-yourself liposomal nutrients

Re: Re: Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

Gandalf said:
Psyche said:
Vitamin C
3 level tablespoons of soy lecithin (45cc). Make sure it is GMO free and organic if possible.
1 level tablespoon ascorbic acid powder (15cc)

Dissolve the lecithin in 1 cup (240cc) warm, NOT HOT, water, preferably distilled. You can use cold water but it dissolves much faster if slightly warmed. If the water is hot, it will clump rather than dissolve.

Dissolve the ascorbic acid in 1/2 cup warm water, preferably distilled.

Pour both solutions together into a wide mouth mason jar or other container that can accommodate the stick blender.

Blend until it forms a cloudy, homogeneous mixture in about 2 minutes.
Refrigerate and you're done. You will have to calculate the dose you are taking by the amount of Vitamin C in the product you use. For example, I bought a buffered powder that will give me 12 grams of Vitamin C in 14 oz of solution. When I make this I am going to add enough extra Vitamin C to make 1g/oz.

That sounds very easy! Liposomal vitamin C can be very pricey too, so this home version one is brilliant!

So it is the fat that makes the whole difference. Soy lecithin can be replaced with sunflower lecithin which is getting used more often as a replacement for the soy extract. This should be available in health stores.

I have done that recipe yesterday night and here a pic of the result this morning:

001.jpg

Well it is not homogeneous at all. :huh:

I received my ultrasonic cleaner at the beginning of the week and you can see at the bottom of this post the result of my second experience with it.

I used Laura's recipe but for a double recipe. I made sure that the lecithin was in powder before mixing it with water.

So this time, after being in the refrigerator for more than 6 hours, the result is very homogeneous.

dsc02212.jpg

Good job. I've been letting the lecithin sit in the water overnight and then hitting it with the immersion blender. Works well.

Laura said:
Good job. I've been letting the lecithin sit in the water overnight and then hitting it with the immersion blender. Works well.

I've done the same thing in letting the lecithin sit in the water overnight in the refrigerator and this morning after mixing the ascorbic acid with water and with baking soda, and after that with the lecithin using a stick blender, I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner for 20 minutes.

And when done, I put it back in the refrigerator and took a picture of the result six hours later.

May I add that using baking soda does improve the taste.

Gandalf said:
Laura said:

I've done the same thing in letting the lecithin sit in the water overnight in the refrigerator and this morning after mixing the ascorbic acid with water and with baking soda, and after that with the lecithin using a stick blender, I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner for 20 minutes.

And when done, I put it back in the refrigerator and took a picture of the result six hours later.

Do you really need an immersion blender to mix the lecithin? Just trying to minimize the stuff I have to go out and buy... ;)

Mrs. Peel said:
Gandalf said:
Laura said:

Do you really need an immersion blender to mix the lecithin? Just trying to minimize the stuff I have to go out and buy... ;)

I'm just using my regular blender.

Gandalf said:

I made my first batch of 2cups ( 1 cup distilled water + 70+ grams of vitmain C) as per laura's recipe and kept it in the refrigerator for the night. It pretty much came like the above. It is not yellowish like the Lypo-Spheric Vit C. I soaked letichin for 6 hrs and used my hand blender stick with whisk. I had my first shot of 1.5 table spoons ( around 22 ml ) to day morning. Taste looks good and feels good too. I had my first bowl movement with in a hour and I will try one more shot in the afternoon and see how it goes.

Very nice looking results Seek10 & Gandalf.

Started in on the Lypo-Spheric Vit C and will start to increase the dosage. Noticed an immediate change (positive) to movements and had no trouble, either in taking it or feeling how it worked through my digestive system.

Hello,
I recently saw the article for Liposomal VitC on SOTT, I'm really excited to try it out. I did have some questions. I've pretty much avoid all soy and was wondering about the need to use soy lecithin. Are the levels of estrogen like compounds something we should be worried about? Are there other fat options we could use like coconut oil? If I were to experiment, how do I know the procedure is successful?
Thank you

Wunjo said:
Hello,
I recently saw the article for Liposomal VitC on SOTT, I'm really excited to try it out. I did have some questions. I've pretty much avoid all soy and was wondering about the need to use soy lecithin. Are the levels of estrogen like compounds something we should be worried about? Are there other fat options we could use like coconut oil? If I were to experiment, how do I know the procedure is successful?
Thank you

How about just reading the last few pages of this thread where we begin to discuss liposomal Vitamin C?

Wunjo said:
Hello,
Thank you

There is an alternative to soy lecithin - sunflower lecithin. I personally would like to use egg lecithin, but I haven't been able to find a source - except in bulk from China, which I am a bit weary to buy due to unknown levels of quality control in manufacturing and raising of poultry.

So I'll stick to the sunflower lecithin for now, available for instance at iHerb.com ...

I case you are only able to find soy lecithin, make sure it comes from non-GMO sources!

Mr. Premise said:
Yes the tanks are stainless steel so you can just put the liquid in the tank.

Which cleaner did you buy? You have to keep stirring it, right, so I don't want to buy one that doesn't work if you don't close the lid. I was checking out the ones on Amazon and it doesn't say if they operate with the lid up or not. :huh:

Mrs. Peel said:
Which cleaner did you buy? You have to keep stirring it, right, so I don't want to buy one that doesn't work if you don't close the lid. I was checking out the ones on Amazon and it doesn't say if they operate with the lid up or not. :huh:

You can stir it with the lid open, you can check some youtube videos. The lid is there because of water which the sonicator can cause some kind of splash due the vibrations induced in the water.

Ytain

Mrs. Peel said:
Mr. Premise said:
Yes the tanks are stainless steel so you can just put the liquid in the tank.

I got
The CD3800A on Amazon ($38). The door opens when running but I only stir between 8 minute runs. The spoon feels weird putting it in the liquid with the ultrasound.

Back
Top Bottom