Do-it-yourself liposomal nutrients

I just had my first gram of Liposomal Vitamin C. I used 3 TBSP non-gm Lecithin in one cup distilled water, and 3 TBSP Sodium Ascorbate in half a cup of distilled water. I mixed it and ran it through the cleaner for 6x2 minute cycles. Around 20-30minutes after drinking it I felt very calm. The mild 'butterflies' in the stomach sensation that I bring home with me from work each day, and which doesn't subside until I either do EE, read a good book, or go to sleep, was gone. I mean it was seriously gone - not just subsided.

I am wondering if this is the placebo effect, or my body telling me it's grateful for a decent shot of Vit C.

Has anyone experienced this sort of calming effect? Or any sort of calming effect?

The Strawman said:
Has anyone experienced this sort of calming effect? Or any sort of calming effect?

Actually, I have always experienced a little burst of energy when I've taken it. Very interesting that it does the opposite for you. I've read that vitamin c supports the adrenal glands and helps deal with stress and anxiety so that might be why you have a calming effect. I'm glad you are feeling positive results.

Chrissy said:
Actually, I have always experienced a little burst of energy when I've taken it. Very interesting that it does the opposite for you. I've read that vitamin c supports the adrenal glands and helps deal with stress and anxiety so that might be why you have a calming effect. I'm glad you are feeling positive results.

Same here. When I take it I get a burst of energy that lasts for a half hour. Better than any energy drink! Although, I found when I first started taking it, I would be able to take about 2 tbs. After a couple of weeks at that dose, I started to hit bowel tolerance so I lowered the dose. I'll take about a tsp now and that is about as much as I can take. If I take more than that it will send me to the bathroom after 20min. I'm thinking that once vitamin C levels have achieved some balance you don't need as much. I also try to take it on an empty stomach, as last time I checked I had high iron levels and vitamin C binds to iron. So if you are working on reducing iron loading might be a good idea to keep an eye on how much and when you're taking liposomal C.

The Strawman said:
I just had my first gram of Liposomal Vitamin C. I used 3 TBSP non-gm Lecithin in one cup distilled water, and 3 TBSP Sodium Ascorbate in half a cup of distilled water.
<snip>

Hi,
I thought that 3 tbsp of lecithin goes with 1 tbsp of C powder???

Did the recipe change?

The ratios I've been working with are from earlier in the thread:

With ascorbic acid:

1 cup water, 3 TBSP acid form of vitamin C to 1 cup water and 3 TBSP of lecithin.

But with sodium ascorbate (or vitamin C added to sodium bicarbonate):

1 cup water, 6 TBSP vitamin C, 3 or 4 tsps of sodium bicarbonate
added to 1 cup water with 3 TBSP dissolved lecithin.

As for how I feel when taking it, several weeks ago I started making it again after a hiatus (the cheapee ultrasonic cleaner I was using stopped working and a new and hopefully better model was needed). Just a few days after starting to make and take the lyposomal vitamin C again, I noticed that may energy levels were like 25% higher and realized that, since I was doing nothing else differently, it had to be the C. So good stuff indeed, but as fabric says it's a good idea to take it on as empty a stomach as possible to prevent iron loading.

Chrissy said:
The Strawman said:

I felt clear-headed, Chrissy. That may have something to do with energy - not sure though. Thinking about it now, I had a gram this morning before work and I haven't spent the day yawning - that's a first :)

Psyche said:
Vitamin C has that effect on me too, it calms me down. :)

Good! It's not just me then. A clear-headed calmness is so nice, and I slept like a baby too. Does it affect your sleep at all, Psyche? :)

Divide By Zero said:
The Strawman said:
I just had my first gram of Liposomal Vitamin C. I used 3 TBSP non-gm Lecithin in one cup distilled water, and 3 TBSP Sodium Ascorbate in half a cup of distilled water.
<snip>

Hi,
I thought that 3 tbsp of lecithin goes with 1 tbsp of C powder???

Did the recipe change?

I used psyche's suggestion as to the amount of sodium ascorbate here _http://www.health-matrix.net/2013/06/17/heal-thyself-with-homemade-liposomal-vitamin-c/

Some of the effects, like mental clarity and maybe calmness might also have to do with the lecithin which has a lot of Choline in it. People take it by itself as a supplement for mental effectiveness.

The Strawman said:
Good! It's not just me then. A clear-headed calmness is so nice, and I slept like a baby too. Does it affect your sleep at all, Psyche?

If I take it in the evening no, it has a calming effect, I can read or study and then wind down and go to bed.

When I forget to take it during the day, I will take it in the night before going to bed when I remembered. Specially if I had a meal outside, as they usually use MSG. Then I will have a hard time falling asleep, so I take melatonin (2mg).

It has a calming but alert effect on me. I think I'm oversensitive to excitotoxins so I've been avoiding outside meals for the most part.

The one tbsp of ascorbic acid recipe is the standard recipe for which most of the formulas were calculated. For a super powerful effect, you can make the recipe with 3 tbsp. That way you have to make less batches and get a super-concentrated amount in case of illness. For a maintenance anti-anxiety recipe, the one tbsp recipe might be enough. :)

Mr. Premise said:
Some of the effects, like mental clarity and maybe calmness might also have to do with the lecithin which has a lot of Choline in it. People take it by itself as a supplement for mental effectiveness.

Thanks for that, Mr Premise. On your prompting I went back to that article in this thread about Soy Sludge and read it properly this time - it mentions Choline in there. So it's not just the Vit C itself that benefits us. That's good to know.

Psyche said:
The Strawman said:
Good! It's not just me then. A clear-headed calmness is so nice, and I slept like a baby too. Does it affect your sleep at all, Psyche?

If I take it in the evening no, it has a calming effect, I can read or study and then wind down and go to bed.

When I forget to take it during the day, I will take it in the night before going to bed when I remembered. Specially if I had a meal outside, as they usually use MSG. Then I will have a hard time falling asleep, so I take melatonin (2mg).

It has a calming but alert effect on me. I think I'm oversensitive to excitotoxins so I've been avoiding outside meals for the most part.

The one tbsp of ascorbic acid recipe is the standard recipe for which most of the formulas were calculated. For a super powerful effect, you can make the recipe with 3 tbsp. That way you have to make less batches and get a super-concentrated amount in case of illness. For a maintenance anti-anxiety recipe, the one tbsp recipe might be enough. :)

It's good to hear you are not eating out so much. As long as you are eating in of course!

Hmm. Okay, maybe I need to ease back on the ascorbate in the next batch. But I am also looking at possible improvements in my vision. My right eye is dead with Phthisis bulbi after retinal detachment- I'm not expecting my vision to come back from the liposomalvit C ;) but improved vision in the other, short-sighted eye, would be welcome.

Coenzyme Q10, Curcumin, etc.

I'm wondering about non-water soluble ingredients and how to use them to make liposomals, such as liposomal CoQ10 or curcumin.

I hear you can. Anyone doing it? Any suggestions that make it work well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEfOBKrVepg

http://vitamincfoundation.org/lipo.shtml

:P

jimme said:

Hi jimme,

Welcome to the forum!

Can you share a little about yourself - like how you came across this forum and some other things that you are comfortable sharing? You can do this in the Newbie section of the forum.

Don't forget to check out Tips and advice for Newbies and the Forum Guidelines.

You might also want to read through the Diet and Health and EE-Breathing Program threads as well as the Recommended books by QFS. You also might be interested in the Knowledge and Being video made by Laura. It serves as an introduction to some of the concepts discussed here on the forum.

In the meantime, it's a good idea to bookmark the Cassiopaea Esoteric Glossary and the Cassiopedia, as they are very useful references that can be used when you encounter concepts/terminology that you may not be familiar with. They should be consulted before posting questions on the forum.

But other than that - just fire away!

Again a warm welcome!

jimme said:

Hi jimme, I'd like to suggest you giving us a bit of an introduction to yourself in the Newbies board. We don't need really personal information, just a bit about yourself and how you found the forum is good enough. If you don't know what to say, just read some of the other posts to get an idea of how others have done it. :)

Back
Top Bottom