Do-it-yourself liposomal nutrients

Aragorn said:
Ah, the number 4 for the multiplication I took from Laura's calculations earlier in this thread. There's also this article posted by Psyche, where they compare absorption in percentages. According to that, the number would be between 4 and 5, even higher. I haven't yet found any actual studies testing the absorption level, maybe I've missed it/them?

On the other hand Linus Pauling website they say:

_http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminC/vitCform.html
Another formulation of vitamin C, liposomal-encapsulated vitamin C (e.g., Lypo-spheric™ vitamin C) is now commercially available. However, data regarding the bioavailability of liposomal-encapsulated vitamin C are not currently available.

Large-scale, pharmacokinetic studies are needed to determine how the bioavailabilities of these vitamin C formulations compare to that of ascorbic acid.

Thanks Aragorn! That helps :)

Hi Voyageur, if you are ordering in I've had good success with Iherb.

[quote author=fabric ]
[/quote]

Checked Iherb out and noticed they supply 'NOW' brand Soy Lecithin (as one brand), which was reported as gmo in a recent SotT featured article. Have bookmarked so will look for their other brands that don't support gmo - thanks.

They have other brands that claim to be Non GMO. One in particular that looks pretty good is by Bluebonnet - I'm going to give that one a try next once I finish off the current batch of the NOW version (which claims is Non GMO but will be avoiding their products from now on anyway).

voyageur said:
[quote author=fabric ]

Checked Iherb out and noticed they supply 'NOW' brand Soy Lecithin (as one brand), which was reported as gmo in a recent SotT featured article. Have bookmarked so will look for their other brands that don't support gmo - thanks.
[/quote]

This confused me initially too--they have Non-GMO lecithin, and then they have lecithin (presumably GMO). Another alternative, albeit larger than the NOW variety, is Swanson's lecithin:

_http://www.amazon.com/Lecithin-Granules-Non-Gmo-362-grams/dp/B0017OCDQW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363547092&sr=8-1&keywords=swanson+lecithin

Dr. Cathart -one of the pioneers of C in megadoses- recommended the following C crystals in order to make an IV solution:

_http://www.nutri.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.which_c_should_i_take

Don't know if it is GMO though. He recommended it a long time ago when GMOs were not such a big issue as it is now.

The vitamin C foundation recommends the following one:

_https://fonorow.com/cart/

Hi Aragorn,

I too felt very energized after taking a shot. I was very surprised. By the way, I was trying to do a similar calculation (I'm also using the same as you) and was wondering how did you arrive at the 'effective liposomal C' value. Looks like you multiplied by 4, but where does that value come from? I always thought it was just a percentage so instead of normally absorbing 20% of vitamin C it would be 90% taken liposomally (for example I ended up with 72.9g effective but I must be doing something wrong). I'm trying to figure out how everyone gets these super high values!

Ah, the number 4 for the multiplication I took from Laura's calculations earlier in this thread. There's also this article posted by Psyche, where they compare absorption in percentages. According to that, the number would be between 4 and 5, even higher. I haven't yet found any actual studies testing the absorption level, maybe I've missed it/them?

I think you are right, you get 90 % of what you have. This 4X factor comes from the enhancement of the absorption of oral vic C 20 % to 80- 90 % in liposomal form. 20 X 4 = 80. If you take a doses of 4 g of Vic C in liposomal form the absorption should be 3,6 g (4X0.9) not 4 x 4g = 16.

nicklebleu said:
Has anyone experienced loose stools with lipoC at all?
yes, I used get loose motion after second intake of 1.5 tsp for the day, but if i take 1 tsp for the second dose of the day , It won't. Some days I took only 1tsp 3 times a day.

For now, I stopped to take lpc waiting for my ferritin measurement to come.

seek10 said:
nicklebleu said:
Has anyone experienced loose stools with lipoC at all?
yes, I used get loose motion after second intake of 1.5 tsp for the day, but if i take 1 tsp for the second dose of the day , It won't. Some days I took only 1tsp 3 times a day.

For now, I stopped to take lpc waiting for my ferritin measurement to come.

I haven't had loose stools but I find that lpc is very dose dependent. Three tsp a day I feel great, best in years. Anymore than that I feel awful.

I'm looking into getting a ferritin soon.

Mac

Foxx said:
voyageur said:
[quote author=fabric ]

This confused me initially too--they have Non-GMO lecithin, and then they have lecithin (presumably GMO). Another alternative, albeit larger than the NOW variety, is Swanson's lecithin:

_http://www.amazon.com/Lecithin-Granules-Non-Gmo-362-grams/dp/B0017OCDQW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363547092&sr=8-1&keywords=swanson+lecithin
[/quote]

Had to scratch my head a bit trying to find something, yet did in another town yesterday at an organic store. The Lecithin was in a plastic tub in their fridge labeled Non GMO (the stores label) and is a product of Sweden it says. They must buy this in bulk and transfer packaging, so will try this out in a recipe this weekend (it is soy lecithin).

Aragorn said:
I'm joining the club! Made my first batch of liposomal vitamin C today. Everything went remarkably well. I soaked the lecithin over night in the fridge, mixed the sodium bicarbonate and ascorbic acid, mixed everything with an electrical whisk, and processed it for ca 18min in the ultrasonic cleaner. I made according to Laura's recipe with 6tblspns of ascorbic acid (1cup water+1cup water/lecithin). The only thing that surprised me was how long it took for the sodium bicarbonate to react with the a.a. After a long wait, and adding incrementally the baking soda, it finally settled. I could still detect some "simmering" but decided it was finished.

I made some calculations using the information on the Now Foods 'vitamin c crystals' container. I'll have to check the weight of 1tblspn of a.a. with the scale, but if the numbers on the container is to be trusted, the result is:

Now Foods/C = 1/2tspn = 2.25g => 1tspn = 4.5g => 1tblspn = 13.5g

6tblspn = 18tspns = 81g in whole mixture (1cup water+1cup lecithin/water)
=> effective liposomal C = 324g

Amount of tspns in whole mixture (2cups) = 96 = 32tblspns.

Effective C/tspn = 324/96 = 3.375g

Whole container (Now Foods) = 227g = 50tbspn => mixture from whole container = 2.77 times => total effective liposomal C from whole container = 2.77*324 = 900g

I don't know if it is my imagination, but after ingesting ca 7g of this stuff today, I feel remarkably energized!

Followed closely this recipe above, and used 3.5 tbspn of sodium bicarbonate rather than 3. The Lecithin dissolved well in distilled water, which was left a little longer in the fridge than was intended, yet mixed well with the C. The fizzing got away from me as i was a little too quick mixing, however, it settled down and then ran the ultrasonic cleaner for 20 min. Also, added the smallest amount of vanilla (1/4 thimble), which may account for the darkness - maybe i should not have done this, but the taste is rather good.

Unlike the bought congealed Lypo-Spheric Vit C, this batch has the consistency of near water.

I also made my first batch last weekend. It turned out well and, in fact, tasting very similarly to a commercial brand of liquid liposomal C I bought a few months ago.

I followed Laura's recipe here, adding sodium bicarbonate, so that means 6 spoons of ascorbic acid for 3 of soy lecithin.
The sodium bicarbonate didn't stop reacting to the ascorbic acid though. I ended up adding nearly 7 teaspoons without any diminishing in reaction. Considering that Laura mentioned 3 to 4 teaspoons I decided that that was enough, and stopped there. But I wonder what I might have done wrong. Should you notice a decrease in reaction as you add more sodium bicarbonate, or as you keep stirring?

I left the lecithin soaking in the fridge overnight, and then put the whole mixture in the ultrasonic cleaner for a total of 24 minutes with interruptions, as the guidelines advised not to keep the machine turned on for more then 10m.

I also bought sodium ascorbate in powder so that when my ascorbic acid finishes I already have a prepared mixed for my next liposomal C.

My blood tests are back and, as I suspected, my ferritin is quite high considering what the cutting edge experts consider to be healthiest.

I ordered some calcium EDTA and a book on chelation:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1890572209/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I'm going to be making some liposomal EDTA to help with the "unloading".

Laura said:
My blood tests are back and, as I suspected, my ferritin is quite high considering what the cutting edge experts consider to be healthiest.

I ordered some calcium EDTA and a book on chelation:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1890572209/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I'm going to be making some liposomal EDTA to help with the "unloading".

I ordered some EDTA too and am planning on doing some experiments with liposomal EDTA, so I'll have to report back on what I find. I got calcium disodium EDTA powder from here:

_http://purebulk.com/edta-calcium-disodium-powder.html

I just joined the forum and have been reading about Brook's LET method. I am very interested and motivated(significant health issue) to find out if this method can be used to make Liposomal Calcium. Do any of you know if this is possible? If yes, any information you could share concerning a starting point for a recipe would be much appreciated. I already have a very nice Ultra Sonic cleaner so am just looking for a starting point for my research in to this.

Thanks, Greg

Laura said:
IMPORTANT NOTE: For more information about when Vitamin C could be contraindicated or needs to be taken in a specific way, please read the thread Hemochromatosis and Autoimmune Conditions, especially if you notice any worsening of your symptoms after Vitamin C intake.

Good news for those who hate needles!!!!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi144.html where there are a lot of hyperlinks in the article.

Researchers Achieve Cancer-Killing Effect With Oral-Dose Vitamin C

by Bill Sardi

In an overlooked study first published in 2008, for the first time, using a special liposomal form of oral-dose vitamin C, researchers in Britain demonstrated it is possible to achieve cancer-killing blood concentrations of this vitamin without undesirable side effects.

Heretofore, National Institutes of Health Researchers claimed the maximal concentration of vitamin C that can be achieved following oral intake is not sufficient to produce a cancer-killing effect. Now British researchers demonstrate they were able to achieve blood concentrations of vitamin C that were twice what was incorrectly reported to be maximal, and in the range of what is known to be selectively toxic to tumor cells, yet not harmful to healthy cells.

Studies with various forms of cancer show a 30%-to-50% cancer cell-killing effect at the same blood concentration of vitamin C achieved in this study. For comparison, anti-cancer drugs are approved by the FDA if they achieve 50% tumor shrinkage.

Researchers Stephen Hickey and Hilary J. Roberts, long-time advocates of vitamin C therapy and authors of the book Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C, writing in the Journal of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine, believe even higher concentration of vitamin C can be achieved, up to three times what was once mistakenly believed to be maximal, with measured, repeated oral doses.

It was Linus Pauling, the two-time Nobel Prize winner, who first employed intravenous vitamin C to prolong the lives of terminal cancer patients. This was reported in 1978.

A year later Mayo Clinic researchers then followed with a study of their own, which utilized oral-dose vitamin C, and errantly dispelled the notion of using vitamin C to treat cancer. However, oral doses cannot achieve the same high blood concentration that intravenous vitamin C can produce.

Only recently has it come to light that the dismissal of vitamin C for cancer therapy was based upon oral-dose vitamin C, and subsequent studies found intravenous vitamin C has the potential to be used in cancer therapy. Some small pilot studies appear to be encouraging with the use of intravenous vitamin C therapy. Cancer researchers have recently called for a reconsideration of intravenous vitamin C therapy.

According to researchers Hickey and Roberts, repeated doses, and use of a special liposomal form of vitamin C that is absorbed in the gut and then into the liver before it is released into the blood stream, are key to making oral vitamin C therapy effective. Another important factor is to limit the consumption of carbohydrates (refined sugar) which impairs oral absorption of this vitamin.

Dr. John Ely, emeritus professor at the University of Washington, has also shown that sugar depletes vitamin C from white blood cells and makes them sluggish. White blood cells are the very cells that attack tumor cells and destroy them.

The liposomal form of vitamin C employed in this study consists of 1-gram (1000 milligram) dose sachets of vitamin C powder encapsulated in lecithin (phosphatidylcholine), as supplied by Livon Laboratories of Henderson, Nevada, USA.

A British laboratory (Biolab, London) that has conducted thousands of vitamin C assays over a 10-year period, confirms that 20-gram and 36-gram doses of oral vitamin C, as utilized by researchers Hickey and Roberts, achieved far higher blood concentration than had ever been measured previously. Repeated dosing rather than massive single-dose vitamin C averts side effects such as diarrhea.

The cancer cell-killing effect of vitamin C is realized by the transient production of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) within connective tissues (not in blood), which then destroys tumor cells, and subsequently turns to harmless water (H2O), ensuring non-toxic therapy.

Read the rest here: http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi144.html

Hi gregluz,

Welcome to our forum!

We generally ask people who have come to our forum the first time to post a short notice on the Newbie forum thread - just a short post on how they found us and what their interest is etc - nothing too personal, just a short intro here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/board,39.0.html.

As to your question ... 1) As far as I know it is not possible to do, as the calcium changes the layout of the phospholipid bilayer (calcium and fat basically are incompatible); and 2) I can't really see the point of doing that as you can pretty much absorb as much calcium as you need (as opposed to vitamin C, which at some point doesn't get absorbed anymore but gets excreted in the faeces producing diarrhoea - how much that is depends on a lot of things). On top of that calcium should probably not be substituted on a regular basis in high doses anyway.

I would suggest you do your research about calcium very carefully and then make a decision, if and how much you really need.

Back
Top Bottom