Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Nienna Eluch said:
Is your time setting set up correctly?

Hello Shar,
Just in case you are struggling with such settings, here is a procedure to reach time setting page.
1. You go to your "Profile" page from the top bar (that starts with "Home", "Help"...)
2. On the left side you see the navigation that has 2 layers.
3. The 2nd one is titled "Modify Profile".
4. Click "Look and Layout Preferences" in this categoly.
5. Then you see the "Time Offset:" column.
If you adjust the number in that column you will see all the time output will immediately change (except text in comments). If you play with the number considering your local time zone, you will get a right setting. :)

Marcus-Aurelius said:
Can someone do the breatha breathing without doing the exercises shown in the video? Reason am asking is I have still not been able to download the video for many days now. Any advice on this will be welcome :(
I am doing the pipe breathing with the diaphragm quite regularly and have had some of the experiences described above and am really interested to see where I can go with the breatha breathing.
Hi Marcus-Aurelius,
In the full video you see: warming-up > pipe-breathing > warrior's breath > Ba-Ha
In the audio: pipe-breathing > warrior's breath > Ba-Ha > meditation/Prayer for the Soul

I only do the warm-up exercises while watching the video, the rest I do by listening to the audio file, do you have the file?
It's important to know that when it comes to pipe-breathing (three stage breathing) you have three ways of putting your hands: hands on your waist and your fingertips together, then on your chest and lastly behind your neck.
If you want I can send you three screenshots of these three positions so that you'll know how to put your arms and hands.

fwiw I cut the video so that you can only see the warming-up (I hope this is okay).
You can download it here : _http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S7TRROT2
Hopefully that will not take too long for you to download.

Hello Laura thanks for this proposition for "connection" on global scale on Monday.
I hope some good changes will occur to all people and me!

I will do it right now and it is about 6:30 Mountain Time in Colorado :)!

GotoGo said:
Nienna Eluch said:

Hello Shar,
Just in case you are struggling with such settings, here is a procedure to reach time setting page.
1. You go to your "Profile" page from the top bar (that starts with "Home", "Help"...)
If you adjust the number in that column you will see all the time output will immediately change (except text in comments). If you play with the number considering your local time zone, you will get a right setting. :)

Hi,

I see where you mean, I seem to be 4 hours behind forum time, but I've tried putting different numbers in the box and nothing changes, I've tried hitting the "change profile" button at the bottom too. :huh:

Shar said:
I see where you mean, I seem to be 4 hours behind forum time, but I've tried putting different numbers in the box and nothing changes, I've tried hitting the "change profile" button at the bottom too. :huh:

For me, if I change the number and click "change profile" button then the time stamp at the right top corner below "Search" will change. And also I see eacht posted time will be affected. You may be looking at "Current forum time:" below the number? I don't know why but it does not change.

Shar said:
GotoGo said:
Nienna Eluch said:

Hello Shar,

Hi,

current time in NE USA is 1 AM ( GMT -5 ) aug 4th and forum time aug 3rd 9PM ( GMT - 9 ) . this is not the time france ( GMT +1 ) is at. This GMT -9 seems to be Alaska time. is the sott forum servers are in Alaska, thinking that server location has some thing to do the time scale on which forum runs, which is highly unlikely. so, some body might have set the time like that by mistake .

GotoGo said:
You may be looking at "Current forum time:" below the number? I don't know why but it does not change.
seek10 said:
is the sott forum servers are in Alaska, thinking that server location has some thing to do the time scale on which forum runs, which is highly unlikely. so, some body might have set the time like that by mistake .

I see. "Current forum time:" refers the time setting on Forum server. That makes sense.
And if I looked at:
http://24timezones.com/map.htm
Yes, it points to Alaska time.
Interesting. :)

edit:link

GotoGo said:
GotoGo said:
You may be looking at "Current forum time:" below the number? I don't know why but it does not change.
seek10 said:
is the sott forum servers are in Alaska, thinking that server location has some thing to do the time scale on which forum runs, which is highly unlikely. so, some body might have set the time like that by mistake .

I see. "Current forum time:" refers the time setting on Forum server. That makes sense.
And if I looked at:
http://24timezones.com/map.htm
Yes, it points to Alaska time.
Interesting. :)

edit:link
still some thing funny going on with time. the time reply is relative to the person who posted and his local time and it has nothing to do the forum time (set in profile ).

Thanks Redfox, Corto Maltese and Oxajil for your assistance. I wanted to make sure there will be no problem. I will begin with the full program this week then. Again thanks.

I have just finished the whole meditation mp3. It is now 1:30am in CA U.S.A. It made me very peaceful this time. :)

GotoGo said:
Hello Shar,

It turns out the forum time was not synchronized to the server time. The forum time was set to one hour earlier than the actual server time, which was set properly. :huh:

As far as I can tell, it appears that the forum software contains a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. It should just grab the time off the server, et voila. But it doesn't. For some reason, it performs some silly calculation that screws up the forum time. So, I manually added an offset.

The bad news is that this means it's entirely possible that many people will have to perform the above steps to fix their time offset. I don't know how long it's been screwed up, but my account's Time Offset was one hour higher than it should have been, and I don't remember the last time I checked it!

The good news is that if you click the "(auto detect)" link next to the Time Offset box, it should work okay. And when daylight savings time changes again, I'll check and make sure it doesn't require another tweak.

Update:
It's a very, very stupid bug. :headbash: There's a setting in the database that can't be edited from the forum software itself. And it doesn't take DST into account. Fortunately, it's fixed now and should automatically work nicely even with DST changes.

i did the program for the 3rd time yesterday from 10-11 PM cet.

during the ba-ha i experience the tingling others have commented on. it is concentrated on the front of my body, especially the face and the fingers. it feels like you are holding on to a (gas-powered) lawnmower. ;)
while doing it, i was reminded that while it feels somewhat like parts of your body falling asleep, it feels more like the sensation i used to have during migraine episodes which i had once a year or once every two years before i turned 25. weird parts of my face or body would go 'numb' (for lack of a better word).

also, during the three stage breathing, the people living in the appartment bordering the room i was meditating in, decided to hang a couple of pictures. something trying to break my concentration? didn't faze me. :D

also - i thought about modifying the prayer of the soul from *I* to *WE*.

AND - so far i haven't had any emotional 'episode' during or after the program. :(

Iconoclast said:
AND - so far i haven't had any emotional 'episode' during or after the program. :(
Well no need to be sad about that right? Maybe you will experience some kind of emotional episode when you have done it a few times or maybe you don't need "to have one"! Remember, we are all unique somehow. Although some of us go through similar things it doesn't mean that everyone should experience the same. Or so I think :)

yeah, i know.
while i'm a very emotionally stable person, i am sometimes wondering if i'm not repressing something i'm unaware of - so i figure it should sooner or later come to the surface with this excellent program.

we'll see...
if i do it 10 times and still nothing, i'll have to re-think - maybe everything IS hunky dory? ;-)

Back
Top Bottom