Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Arwenn

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Arwenn, if the Beatha is a bit too much right now, just continue doing Pipe Breathing or just Belly Breathing while the Beatha part is going on. When you are feeling like you can handle it again, maybe just do the first part and Pipe Breathe through the rest and so on. It's never bad to hold off on the Beatha.
Thank you for the tips, @Nienna. I will implement them the next time I’m with the group EE session. It took me the better part of a whole day to release the sadness and heaviness. I’ve had a lot going on and the EE just brought that to the surface. Better out than in, though it has served as a cautionary tale to take it slow.

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Just finished a short write-up on a recent book, "Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve", here:

Some of the exercises in it might make a good warm-up before an EE session to really make sure your ventral vagus nerve is in a state of optimal activation. (post includes a video of one such exercise)

YoYa

Padawan Learner
Thank you, Yas & logos5x5 and all those who participated, for another great workshop.
I felt so close to myself afterward.

When we started singing (I was unprepared and I didn't know Amazing Grace - I apologize.) ... although I didn't understand the following sentence, "That saved a wretch like me" - I started crying. (The situation was very confusing) I tried to control myself, but it got crazier and crazier.

hmm... Thank God the microphone was off!

Right after the workshop, I translated the lyrics into German - guys, something big is wrong with me.

I mean, the lyrics are beautiful - just perfect. But why am I reacting so emotionally to it?!
Any nudge is welcome.

logos5x5

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
When we started singing (I was unprepared and I didn't know Amazing Grace - I apologize.) ... although I didn't understand the following sentence, "That saved a wretch like me" - I started crying. (The situation was very confusing) I tried to control myself, but it got crazier and crazier.

hmm... Thank God the microphone was off!

Right after the workshop, I translated the lyrics into German - guys, something big is wrong with me.

I mean, the lyrics are beautiful - just perfect. But why am I reacting so emotionally to it?!
Any nudge is welcome.
Hey Yoya, it can be related to the Beatha part, it's normal to feel a little emotional afterwards. Just remember that if you feel that's too much, reduce the Beatha practice to once a week, once every two weeks, or pause it for a while... depending on how you feel. Listen to your body.

Also, as you said, the melody and lyrics of the song are quite touching, and if you add the Beatha effect, it's understandable that you felt a little bit more emotional than normal.

And the part of the song that you mention is interesting:

John Newton, the author of the song, had a bad reputation in his youth; he was known for this bad habits. He became involved in the Atlantic slave trade for years, and after a violent storm battered his vessel so severely off the coast of County Donegal, Ireland, he called out to God for mercy. This moment marked his spiritual conversion.

"Wretch" also represents a period in Newton's life when he saw himself outcast and miserable, as he himself became a slave of Princess Peye, a woman of the Sherbro people; his own arrogance was matched by how far he had fallen in his life.
He learned his lessons the hard way, and he made amends by changing his behavior based on his realizations. He became a better man.

Of course, it can be interpreted in our own individual context... just do not think too much about it, and do not be too hard with yourself ;-).

Keep us posted.

cassandra

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Just writing to relate a recent development, which I think is due to the EE. I have been practising at least 5 days a week, recently at about 6.
For the last few years I had almost completely stopped remembering dreams; perhaps I had even stopped dreaming. However, for the last few weeks (I’m quite bad at assessing time though) I’ve been dreaming almost every night. Sometimes the dreams are so vivid and stressful that I wake up in a panic, relieved that those events or conversations didn’t really take place.
I’ve been doing the round breathing once a week, but since I’ve been feeling relatively calm, I’m going to try it twice. Having said that, my mind, almost always intensely occupied, finds it hard to relax, but I’ve been lazy about doing sport lately, so I’m going to start again. Then, hopefully, I’ll start mellowing out more as well.

KristinLynne

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
A bit late as I just got home from work, but I would like to thank you all for my first online session. I know I had to go quickly and missed talking with you too. Hopefully, I can join you again next week after the Crystal Meeting! 🤗

Top Bottom