Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Arwenn, if the Beatha is a bit too much right now, just continue doing Pipe Breathing or just Belly Breathing while the Beatha part is going on. When you are feeling like you can handle it again, maybe just do the first part and Pipe Breathe through the rest and so on. It's never bad to hold off on the Beatha.
Thank you for the tips, @Nienna. I will implement them the next time I’m with the group EE session. It took me the better part of a whole day to release the sadness and heaviness. I’ve had a lot going on and the EE just brought that to the surface. Better out than in, though it has served as a cautionary tale to take it slow.

Just finished a short write-up on a recent book, "Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve", here:

Some of the exercises in it might make a good warm-up before an EE session to really make sure your ventral vagus nerve is in a state of optimal activation. (post includes a video of one such exercise)

Thank you, Yas & logos5x5 and all those who participated, for another great workshop.
I felt so close to myself afterward.

When we started singing (I was unprepared and I didn't know Amazing Grace - I apologize.) ... although I didn't understand the following sentence, "That saved a wretch like me" - I started crying. (The situation was very confusing) I tried to control myself, but it got crazier and crazier.

hmm... Thank God the microphone was off!

Right after the workshop, I translated the lyrics into German - guys, something big is wrong with me.

I mean, the lyrics are beautiful - just perfect. But why am I reacting so emotionally to it?!
Any nudge is welcome.

When we started singing (I was unprepared and I didn't know Amazing Grace - I apologize.) ... although I didn't understand the following sentence, "That saved a wretch like me" - I started crying. (The situation was very confusing) I tried to control myself, but it got crazier and crazier.

hmm... Thank God the microphone was off!

Right after the workshop, I translated the lyrics into German - guys, something big is wrong with me.

I mean, the lyrics are beautiful - just perfect. But why am I reacting so emotionally to it?!
Any nudge is welcome.

Hey Yoya, it can be related to the Beatha part, it's normal to feel a little emotional afterwards. Just remember that if you feel that's too much, reduce the Beatha practice to once a week, once every two weeks, or pause it for a while... depending on how you feel. Listen to your body.

Also, as you said, the melody and lyrics of the song are quite touching, and if you add the Beatha effect, it's understandable that you felt a little bit more emotional than normal.

And the part of the song that you mention is interesting:

John Newton, the author of the song, had a bad reputation in his youth; he was known for this bad habits. He became involved in the Atlantic slave trade for years, and after a violent storm battered his vessel so severely off the coast of County Donegal, Ireland, he called out to God for mercy. This moment marked his spiritual conversion.

"Wretch" also represents a period in Newton's life when he saw himself outcast and miserable, as he himself became a slave of Princess Peye, a woman of the Sherbro people; his own arrogance was matched by how far he had fallen in his life.

He learned his lessons the hard way, and he made amends by changing his behavior based on his realizations. He became a better man.

Of course, it can be interpreted in our own individual context... just do not think too much about it, and do not be too hard with yourself ;-).

Keep us posted.

Just writing to relate a recent development, which I think is due to the EE. I have been practising at least 5 days a week, recently at about 6.
For the last few years I had almost completely stopped remembering dreams; perhaps I had even stopped dreaming. However, for the last few weeks (I’m quite bad at assessing time though) I’ve been dreaming almost every night. Sometimes the dreams are so vivid and stressful that I wake up in a panic, relieved that those events or conversations didn’t really take place.
I’ve been doing the round breathing once a week, but since I’ve been feeling relatively calm, I’m going to try it twice. Having said that, my mind, almost always intensely occupied, finds it hard to relax, but I’ve been lazy about doing sport lately, so I’m going to start again. Then, hopefully, I’ll start mellowing out more as well.

A bit late as I just got home from work, but I would like to thank you all for my first online session. I know I had to go quickly and missed talking with you too. Hopefully, I can join you again next week after the Crystal Meeting! 🤗

Sometimes due to the breathing in meditation I notice that I don't breath in the centre of my self. Sometimes is feeling like someone else breathing on the left side of my body, I know, weird, ha?

Yesterday, at EE workshop I realize that I breathe only with my left nostril. And only when I'm fully concentrated I can breathe with the right nostril. If I lose a concentration automatically I start to breathe only with my left nostril. Did someone of you notice the same thing?

Btw. I'm finally in position and I have will to practice yoga&meditation daily so I'm really interested to see what else can I discover. Sometimes I have these negative thoughts that my practice doesn't do much but when I notice something "simple" like breathing with only one nostril I become aware that I just didn't pay attention enough.

Sometimes due to the breathing in meditation I notice that I don't breath in the centre of my self. Sometimes is feeling like someone else breathing on the left side of my body, I know, weird, ha?

Yesterday, at EE workshop I realize that I breathe only with my left nostril. And only when I'm fully concentrated I can breathe with the right nostril. If I lose a concentration automatically I start to breathe only with my left nostril. Did someone of you notice the same thing?

Btw. I'm finally in position and I have will to practice yoga&meditation daily so I'm really interested to see what else can I discover. Sometimes I have these negative thoughts that my practice doesn't do much but when I notice something "simple" like breathing with only one nostril I become aware that I just didn't pay attention enough.

Hola Dakota, cuando leí tu post recordé que a veces el trauma psicológico puede tener consecuencias fisiológicas en nuestro cuerpo. Por ejemplo, un niño que haya tenido una experiencia traumática podría disminuir la función o la percepción de una parte del cuerpo que recibió una carga de energía que no pudo ser liberada por lucha o huida.

Por ejemplo, yo tengo estrabismo en el ojo izquierdo. Un psicólogo de Experiencia Somática me dijo que quizás había una relación entre el estrabismo de mi ojo izquierdo y una situación traumática que tuve en una atención odontológica (me inmovilizaron entre varias personas para que el dentista pudiera anestesiarme con una jeringa).

Entonces, puede ser que tu percepción de que respirar con el lado izquierdo de tu cuerpo puede ser una disminución de tu percepción del lado derecho del cuerpo debido a una situación traumática.

Voy a buscar material que hable esto y lo compartiré en el foro.

Hi Dakota, when I read your post I remembered that sometimes psychological trauma can have physiological consequences on our body. For example, a child who has had a traumatic experience might decrease the function or perception of a part of the body that received a charge of energy that could not be released by fight or flight.

For example, I have a squint in my left eye. A Somatic Experience psychologist told me that perhaps there was a relationship between the strabismus in my left eye and a traumatic situation that I had in dental care (I was immobilized between several people so that the dentist could anesthetize me with a syringe).

So it may be that your perception that breathing with the left side of your body may be a decrease in your perception of the right side of the body due to a traumatic situation.

I'm going to find material that talks about this and share it on the forum.

So it may be that your perception that breathing with the left side of your body may be a decrease in your perception of the right side of the body due to a traumatic situation.
Interesting, thanks Cordillera ;-).

Actually I have DID (I have two personalities) and I wrote about it in the thread My biggest illusion - she or him (short version: I had four personalities seven years ago. With the big help of the Work and my friend Juba I managed to join two personalities, so there are two of us left;-D.) When I notice that my breathing is "strange" due to meditation I thought that it could be related to my division. But I really don't know.

But, I'm willing to explore this little bit more. I'm curious to see what will happen if I breathe with right nostril and what will happen if I practice breathing with both nostrils.

If my left nostril is somehow connected with my Defender (which I presume defend my "primary" person) which could be, because I could easily live like Defender the same as I breathe easily with the left nostril, then something has to happen if I switch breathing to the right nostril. I don't know, probably this sounds weird but I'm willing to get trough with this experiment, even if only to serve my maintenance and lifting my concentration and awareness.

In the mornings, sometimes I don't have time to do both Three Stage Breathing and Warrior Breath. After some pipe breathing and warming up, I like to do both. Most mornings I put aside an hour to do both, some Reiki and plan for the day. Some mornings it's not possible.

Is it okay to do Warrior Breath after pipe breathing and warming up, then do Three Stage Breathing later on in the day? After I finish work or when things settle down if I have appointments and meetings booked in early.

I've never had a problem with doing it this way. I've never asked the forum about this, and maybe I missed a part of this or another thread that discusses it, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask. Thanks.

Is it okay to do Warrior Breath after pipe breathing and warming up, then do Three Stage Breathing later on in the day? After I finish work or when things settle down if I have appointments and meetings booked in early.
I don't see a problem with that. I think some people break up their EE practice like that. I've done pipe breathing or listened to POTS when I feel like I could use a little extra of them.

Pipe Breathing is the same as Three Stage Breathing. Do you mean doing Round Breathing (otherwise known as Beatha) later in the day? If yes, I would just make a point to do POTS right after the Beatha portion. Reason is, the rigor and more psycho spiritual power and impact that comes from the Beatha or Round Breathing helps make that space in you for the seed thought of POTS; you WANT to fill in that space with the good stuff ie. POTS. I might also leave out Warriors Breath in the morning and just do the Pipe Breathing btw, but that's just me. So, Pipe Breathing/Three Stage Breathing may be done every day, but probably best to do Round Breathing/Beatha (or the full program) no more than a couple of times a week with the Prayer.

I don't see a problem with that. I think some people break up their EE practice like that. I've done pipe breathing or listened to POTS when I feel like I could use a little extra of them.
Thanks, @3DStudent.

I listen to POTS while commuting or doing chores when I feel like I could use a little extra soul revival.

Pipe Breathing is the same as Three Stage Breathing. Do you mean doing Round Breathing (otherwise known as Beatha) later in the day? If yes, I would just make a point to do POTS right after the Beatha portion. Reason is, the rigor and more psycho spiritual power and impact that comes from the Beatha or Round Breathing helps make that space in you for the seed thought of POTS; you WANT to fill in that space with the good stuff ie. POTS. I might also leave out Warriors Breath in the morning and just do the Pipe Breathing btw, but that's just me. So, Pipe Breathing/Three Stage Breathing may be done every day, but probably best to do Round Breathing/Beatha (or the full program) no more than a couple of times a week with the Prayer.
I mean doing 3 to 7 pipe breaths, not Three Stage Breathing i.e. waist-chest-back of shoulder or neck for a count of around 12 pipe breaths each.

Typically or ideally, I do Three Stage Breathing/Pipe Breathing and The Warrior's Breath with or without the audio in the morning.

On the mornings when I'm short on time, I'd take a few pipe breaths then do the Warrior's Breath (with or without audio) then a Reiki Seiheiki Chiryo treatment/exercise, followed by some vagus nerve exercises Rosenburg discussed in his book Accessing The Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve.

Thank you for pointing this out, @Ennio. I do the full program at least once and no more than twice a week. Every Monday with the group, then ideally again on Thursday. Some weeks this falls on a Wednesday or Friday.

As on some occassions, I have broken up Beatha and POTS in time throughout the day, it's good to keep the bolded part above in mind.

Last night, after I did the Prayer of the Soul meditation, in my mind’s eyes I saw sparkling pink lights moving around. That was the second times I saw pink lights. I usually sees blue or purple lights after I do EE.
The first time I saw pink lights, it was about two weeks ago, when I was coming back home from the Grocery store about 30 miles away, I looked about 2000 feet distance left side roadways, one tree was bright pink and right next tree was bright green and all the other trees were brown.
And when I arrived home, I saw some distance in lower sky had same two colors and same size. When I bring out my iPad to take pictures, it was no longer there.

Thanks Nico for the link to the Wim Hof method. You say that you do EFT at the same time as EE if I understand correctly. It seems to me that the C's have said that EFT is counterproductive with EE. I therefore suggest that you do not practice both at the same time if you wish to perhaps be able to make better progress in your emotional detoxification. Maybe the stress generated by EE is necessary and you have to deal with it, face it like a warrior ? One thing I do when I'm sad for example, is that I immerse myself in sadness by listening to sad music, it makes me shed the tears that need to come out instead of repressing my emotions for example. I feel much better afterwards, it's like I accept what's going on in my being. Finally it's my own method, it doesn't necessarily work for everyone. I'm just trying to help you !
Jordan Peterson recently tried out this 'Wim Hof breathing method'.

It would be useful if we look into that and compare it with EE. Is there a program sheet or similar, as there is for EE? If not, can anyone who knows about it synopsize it for us? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom