Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Is the pipe breath exercise considered as a meditative exercise where one should quickly pull the mind back to the breath if one notices their mind has wandered?
Hi Truthseeker, this is one way of doing it, but you can also simply do it while focusing on a task at hand. I don't believe the pipe breath is intended as a specifically meditative exercise, so however you like to practice depending on your situation should be fine, as Nienna mentioned. I also agree that you should consider reducing the full EE program to only twice per week. Good luck!

Following your advice has been very helpful @Nienna.

All this time, it has been almost a chore to make it through certain portions of the program; most notably the Breatha portion. I think I may have been breathing a little too aggressively, because by the end of that process my body would sometimes be vibrating so intensely that I felt “stuck” in the position I was in for a minute or two, and had to allow that vibrating sensation to dissipate before I could continue into the meditative phase.

Today, the entire program was almost effortless for me, and I got a better understanding of just how beneficial this will be after performing EE in its entirety the correct way. I still look forward to attending an online group session once my schedule aligns with one of the classes, but as of now I’m fairly confident that I’m doing this the right way.

Also a side note: my repressed emotions definitely have been brought to the surface, but it has been during the meditation that I’ve experienced this. Three sessions ago I experienced an overwhelming outpouring, but it was followed by a feeling of joy/appreciation that I haven’t felt in such a long time. I felt so thankful to be here and to have the opportunity to learn and share my lessons and experiences of soul growth and development. The peace felt in those brief moments were nothing short of extraordinary. And the session before the one I did today was also the first time I experienced the “zoning out” phenomenon during the POTS meditation. I was a little confused when I came back to my senses, but yet again, felt an intense surge of happiness and contentment.

I think I’m finally on the right track here, but I’ll know for sure once I have the opportunity to attend one of the online meetings.

Thanks for all of the advice that’s been shared here!

Also a side note: my repressed emotions definitely have been brought to the surface, but it has been during the meditation that I’ve experienced this.
Feeling the release of repressed emotions can occur at any time. Even in dreams. For some people, the Beatha (Ba-Ha) part causes too many repressed emotions to surface at a too rapid pace and those are the ones who should not be doing the Beatha until things calm down. But, still, it's advised to only do it twice a week, even for those who don't have a problem with it as it can increase the chances of an overwhelming release if done every day.

I am very glad that you have had such positive results with EE. And, I'm very glad that your life is coming along so positively.

I’m posting this in here, although my question is not strictly limited to Eiriu Eolas.

For a while now, maybe a year, I’ve been experiencing weird sensations in my solar plexus. They happen mainly when I lay down in bed to go to sleep.

I’m sure a lot of people are familiar with the experience when you’re falling asleep and all of a sudden you feel like you’re falling and you quickly wake up to find yourself safe in bed. Well this solar plexus thing is a bit similar to that.

It’s as though as I begin to fall into the sleep state, or into a meditative state as happened last night when I was doing EE, I feel almost a violent spinning sensation, like I’m being tossed around. It happens only for a split-second because when it happens, I immediately open my eyes and it stops.

Now, I’ve suffered from vertigo in the past due to particles moving into the balance sector of my inner-ear and stimulating the little hairs in there that we use to orient ourselves. This sensation I have is not dissimilar to that kind of vertigo, but it is definitely different to it.

As I said above, part of it has to do with these weird sensations I get in my solar plexus. It’s like the experience originates in there and emanates from there. As well as the sensation of movement or spinning, there’s an associated tickling or tingling feeling in the solar plexus.

Has anyone else here ever experienced anything like this before? Is anyone else having these or similar experiences at the moment? Does anyone have any ideas about what might be happening?

Has anyone else here ever experienced anything like this before? Is anyone else having these or similar experiences at the moment? Does anyone have any ideas about what might be happening?
Yes me too I wake up sometimes at night with that weird feeling. But I do have some health issues going on I haven't figured out. Including vertigo where I had to do the Epley Maneuver about a week ago because I was so dizzy. And I don't think it's sleep apnea because I taped my mouth shut for maybe two weeks sometime during the pandemic.

I've been tired lately and will usually fall asleep during beatha and wake up when the audio is over. I don't think it happens much during EE, but I've been struggling to get a schedule with EE practice.

As I said above, part of it has to do with these weird sensations I get in my solar plexus. It’s like the experience originates in there and emanates from there. As well as the sensation of movement or spinning, there’s an associated tickling or tingling feeling in the solar plexus.
I know nothing about solar plexus and other chakras. (just ideas)

However, feelings you describe I think I know. This "dizziness", including numb lips, I always got when I did something to excess - such as working out, drinking too much alcohol, fighting sleep, forgetting to eat, playing Zelda, etc.

Since EE I no longer exaggerated. (Let's see what happens to me when Zelda hits the market in May)

Do you practice EE in a group or alone?

Either way, I hope you find your answer.

Translated with DeepL

I did EE today full program and I have never experienced the extent of emotional release like that or for the very least it was a long while ago when I have cried this much. I have been trying to do EE every week but I didn't have such experience until today. Probably the effect is accumulating. I felt so loved, accepted and such an overwhelming sense of gratitude that I was crying out rivers. It took me totally unexpected at the very end of the mediation, at the moment of silence. Keeping the images of my heroes helped me. During the meditation I saw a vision of a scared child holding his knees together sitting in the corner which got me scared, but then after the whole program I realized that I might be that very scared child and the vision surfaced so I may come to terms with it. For the very least the vision left strong impression on me which I can't simply brush it of. During the release I experienced numbing like electrical sensations through my fingers.

I wanted to share an experience I had during EE last Thursday. I was participating in the online EE group practice. I've noticed sometimes I don't seem to go as deep in the group sessions as I do when I do the practice alone, but this time I was getting into a deeper state coming into POTS. All of a sudden, in this deeply relaxed state, in my minds eye (but it felt like I was seeing it right next to me) I saw the most grotesque zombie raise it's head right next to me growling and making wretched noises pressing it's face centimeters from mine. I saw it's balding head with greasy strings of hair hanging in patches first as it raised it's face towards me. It's skin was white with rotted out holes in its cheeks.

I experienced a huge shot of adrenaline as this happened. I quickly got control of the fear and decided that I was going to continue to focus on the Prayer of the Soul and I wasn't going to let whatever this was interfere with what I was doing. So I pretty much blocked it out. I felt a bit rattled that night after the session wondering what this thing could have been and what it was doing there. Since then, I've just been intensely curious about understanding what this might be.

I've shared some of my more notable experiences with EE in a previous post in this thread. I've had very positive experiences for the most part. A couple of times I've had emotional releases that manifest as crying. I often see some sort of violet colored energy swirling in front of my closed eyes, but never anything close to this.

I do have some possible theories: One is what has been discussed in a few of the sessions from this year about there being a sort of shadow body constructed from negative thoughts that STS uses as feeding conduits. When I think about the meaning of a zombie I think of a thing that's sole focus is to constantly devour until it disintegrates ( kinda like 4D STS 🤔 ). Is this a manifestation my shadow body attempting to extract a nice fear response for dinner?

Two: Is this some sort of attachment? If so that is one nasty looking critter! (side note: If EE is helping deal with attachments we might not be aware of, I was thinking that would be incredibly useful in the transition to 4D. If all sorts of things become visible to us that are normally relegated to the unseen realm in 3rd density, it would be even scarier I would think all of a sudden be able to see different creepy things clinging to you as well as coping with the novel external environment.)

Three: Just a random manifestation resulting from having seen every Walking Dead episode ever produced. I really don't give a fig about zombies, but I have stuck with this show over the years because I really enjoy watching how the people in it work together, deal with, and overcome incredibly challenging circumstances while fighting to maintain their humanity. Still, I have viewed a ton of zombies and violence from this show in totality. So there's that.

Anyone else have any ideas? Have you ever encountered a monster during EE?

Three: Just a random manifestation resulting from having seen every Walking Dead episode ever produced. I really don't give a fig about zombies, but I have stuck with this show over the years because I really enjoy watching how the people in it work together, deal with, and overcome incredibly challenging circumstances while fighting to maintain their humanity. Still, I have viewed a ton of zombies and violence from this show in totality. So there's that.
Maybe stop watching that and anything else in the horror genre or violent programming.

Hi Freya,

That must have been disturbing.

I think that option three is more viable, but of course, it's always hard to tell for sure what was that about. Anyway, if you think it can be option one or two, nothing would change in terms of what you can do about it, which is, work on yourself with the knowledge you have and you gain. I'd say, don't give it (whatever it is) more strength by worrying too much about it or trying to figure out exactly what it was. Just do what you know to be the best you can do to be your best self. And, yes, take care of your psychic hygiene by being aware of what you watch and listen to. I'm not saying that watching that particular show is super bad or anything, only that we must take care of what comes in and be aware of the impact it has on us.

As per the Éiriú Eolas practice itself, from your description, I gather that it was just after the BA-HA portion. If that's the case, you might want to skip that part for a little while. Maybe you can do it less often, like once a month or something like that, or just skip it altogether for some time, and then add it back to your practice little by little.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, Yas!

I think I am going to experiment with restricting certain entertainment choices for sure. The tough part about that is it tends to some of the little time I get to spend with my husband, and watching a show or movie-typically something violent is what he likes to do. Funny thing, I almost never watched this sort of stuff before we got together. I just did not have the stomach for it and some of it I still don't, but I have noticed along the way becoming more de-sensitized to it and not being as bothered by it anymore. Maybe not noticeably bothered anyway. It would appear that it has had a greater affect than I fully realized.

I agree, best to keep focus on the work and the things that matter and not get caught up in trying to figure out the distraction. The event did occur during Prayer of the Soul after the ba-ha part. Just about every strange thing I've experienced with EE always occurs during the prayer meditation for me. I know members often get advised to cut out the ba-ha portion if things get too intense, but honestly, my first thought was "I'm not going to let something like this keep me from doing this work. I am not afraid of this thing whatever it is and I'm not going to let it stop me." I would like to continue with the full program for now and assess as I go along. If things get way weirder, I'll give backing off on this part a try.

I appreciate your input!

I experienced a huge shot of adrenaline as this happened. I quickly got control of the fear and decided that I was going to continue to focus on the Prayer of the Soul and I wasn't going to let whatever this was interfere with what I was doing. So I pretty much blocked it out. I felt a bit rattled that night after the session wondering what this thing could have been and what it was doing there. Since then, I've just been intensely curious about understanding what this might be.

Anyone else have any ideas? Have you ever encountered a monster during EE?

I think it would be helpful to also appreciate the context in which it happened, i.e. after bioenergetic breathing and during the meditation portion. Delayed responses to the stimulus of the bioenergetic breathing are known to occur. For myself I can experience slow-burn emotional releases up to a couple days after doing it. This just seems like it was an acute response with a minor delay -- depending on the nervous system and the level of stimulation the unconscious mind receives through the circular breathing technique things can percolate through either fast or slow or heavily or lightly. Maybe this was just a large "bubble" that was caught underneath the surface for a little while before surfacing.

When something like this comes up, it is best to not try and avoid the feelings it causes in you (since this can be just an avoidance mechanism to return to the more 'shut-down' state), but instead to feel how it lands in you while keeping your awareness more global and remembering what you set your mind to (i.e. the meditation). Since what comes up for you can be a portion of the nervous system moving from the dorsal parasympathetic state to the sympathetic state (i.e. the high adrenaline rush) it's just attempting to see if the 'environment' it emerged into is a safe one, and by remembering yourself and keeping the rest of yourself peaceful and undisturbed, that part can recognize the environment as safe and so re-integrate that energy. It just seems like the specific image (zombie) is just information taken from the psychic environment that can be used to ensure that high-tone adrenaline response "makes sense" to the rest of the psyche.

I agree, best to keep focus on the work and the things that matter and not get caught up in trying to figure out the distraction. The event did occur during Prayer of the Soul after the ba-ha part. Just about every strange thing I've experienced with EE always occurs during the prayer meditation for me. I know members often get advised to cut out the ba-ha portion if things get too intense, but honestly, my first thought was "I'm not going to let something like this keep me from doing this work. I am not afraid of this thing whatever it is and I'm not going to let it stop me." I would like to continue with the full program for now and assess as I go along. If things get way weirder, I'll give backing off on this part a try.

It seems like you were sufficiently with yourself for the duration of the episode, and since you feel like you can withstand some of those more distressing types of integrations I think you could probably continue with it. 😊 It's good you checked in about it. It's always good to check in before doing EE to see if you could in theory integrate whatever may come up. If your cup is full it is a better idea to stick to pipe breathing and the meditation, since that is a much more resourcing activity. If your practice unearths things you cannot absorb (by which I mean, experience fully while being fully present with the rest of yourself) it will just cause you to become less regulated, and spur you to return to some of the crutches we have in life, which are the less healthy ways to resource and self-regulate. I had this problem a lot starting out EE, and biting off more than I could chew.

Thanks for your response, @whitecoast! I hadn't thought much about it from that angle of these things having their own natural processes playing out in a psychophysiological way. (I know that's probably obvious, but I really just hadn't given it any thought.) I especially appreciate the reminder to be present with what comes up. I currently am doing the full practice mainly with the group on Thursday. With the way my current work schedule is, it makes it harder to incorporate a full practice on Monday, but sometimes I might squeeze one in on Saturday. I do try to maintain the POTS meditation every night before bed. I really appreciate how you explained how dysregulation can occur with intense experiences one might not have the bandwidth to truly be present with. I hadn't thought of this. I think a part of me has been just determined to plow through no matter how uncomfortable things might get. I probably need to be more patient with the whole process.

I will add that I had another strange incident connected to this one on Monday evening. I was doing the evening prayers for the crystal project and was in the middle of singing 'In the Garden' and my phone that was across the room on the couch started playing Zombie by The Cranberries at full blast. For anyone unfamiliar, this is a popular song from the 90s. It's chorus is "It's in your head, in your head, zombie, zombie, zombie."

Supposedly the song was inspired by the death of two children in an IRA bombing in the Cheshire town of Warrington, Ireland. Three-year-old Johnathan Ball was killed when two bombs hidden in litter bins detonated on a busy shopping street on March 20,1993. Tim Parry, age 12, died five days later. Fifty-six people were injured in the blasts as well.

It's been quite a while since I heard that song and I hadn't touched my phone at all for maybe a couple of hours. I walked across the room and picked up the phone staring at it with some shock, uttered how creepy it was, turned it off and returned to my spot to finish the hymn.

My husband did take a look at the phone for me and said that at some point Google Assistant had been turned on and that my singing could have somehow prompted it to turn on my internet radio app. That still doesn't account for the coincidence of that specific song being played and I don't remember choosing to use Google Assistant.

Sorry to add this to the EE thread, I just thought the connection was so weird.

Back
Top Bottom