Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Lately there's been more attention in the media due to Andrew Huberman of Huberman Labs on a breathing technique quite similar to pipe breathing, called physiological sigh.

In the technique of physiological sighing you inhale, then inhale again for a very small fraction of the time, followed by a very long exhale. They don't explicitly state to sigh but it's in the name and in the demonstrations I've seen they all sigh, so yeah. The extra double inhale was said to re-inflate the aveoli after the peak to facilitate greater gas exchange. The physiological sigh is alleged to be done spontaneously by the body when in a clausterphobic setting or while in deep sleep to off-gas CO2.

In a recent paper in Medical Express that looked at physiological sighing vs box breathing and hyperventilation, and they found physiological sighing to be more effective than box breathing at relaxing people.

The three types of breathing exercises tested included cyclic sighing, in which more time and thought is spent on exhaling than on inhaling or holding the breath; box breathing, in which breathing and holding are done for the same amount of time; and cyclic hyperventilation, in which inhalations last longer than exhalations.

Research for the study was conducted online during the pandemic when stress was unusually high for most people; 114 volunteers engaged in one of the stress reducers for five minutes each day for a month at the time of their choosing. Each volunteer kept a stress journal to assess the effectiveness of their stress reduction activities.

The researchers found that for the most part, the volunteers reported that they found the exercise a positive experience—90% reported positive feelings. They also found that those volunteers using breathing exercises showed more stress reduction than those doing mindfulness meditation. And they also found that those who did cyclic sighing reported the greatest reductions in stress compared to the other breathing techniques.

I would also occasionally just blank out towards the end and I'm guessing just go right into sleep.

Or you are "zoning out" i.e. spending time with your higher self which is one of the positive experiences of EE. It is explained in this session:

Q: (L) A number of people on the forum have talked about the zoning out thing, the, ya know... while still awake seemingly, losing all awareness of self and just kind of zoning out. What is this phenomenon?

A: See previous answer and think of it as spending "time" with the higher self/teacher instead of wasting the ability to dissociate on futile illusions. Also remember that "time" spent in this process utilizes this "soul ability" as it was originally intended. It taxes the soul greatly to be embodied.

Thank you for sharing this. I appreciate your vulnerability.
OK. I want to share this experience I had today for encouragement and profound thanks.

I had a very rude awakening when I realized yesterday that I was the “predator” in the relationship with my wife. Whenever we have a verbal exchange, it was my subconscious goal to be superior in the conversation, thus draining her energy. I didn’t notice until she was crying yesterday and it finally allowed my “ego” to step back. Thanks to reading the Wave, I realized 100% what I was doing, and I was horrified. It was literally terrifying. You make another person who you supposedly love feel so inferior and they are almost scared to tell you how they really feel out of fear of being judged, and I’ve been doing it for YEARS!

Today, this morning I grabbed a glass of water from my crystal container and asked very intently for help from 4/6D STO to assist in my FRV that I have been trying to change mostly because of negative emotions that disguise themselves as “defending myself” but ended up doing verbal harm to my wife.

I started E.E. with the intent of change.

Everything went how it usually goes until I got to the bio energetic breathing. On the third round I felt pain. It wasn’t physical pain but I knew it was there, it was seriously discomforting. I felt that I was on to something and I asked for help again on enduring it and pursue it further. It was getting so painful that I started to kind of make sounds audibly and about halfway through the slow Ba-Ha they started turning into loud cries of pain and then screams. I was telling myself that it hurt so much and every exhale was an uncontrollable scream. It just felt like raw despair coming out of my heart . It felt like what I imagnined to be an exorcism! It sounded like a murder was going on in my house and my dogs were around me wondering what was happening. The screaming finally stopped and I tried to keep pace with the video but it was just sobbing in between my breaths. I managed to finish the breathing exercise and meditation with tears all over.

After I was done I could barely get up. It felt like I used so much energy doing that. There was no fear in this, it wasn’t a negative experience despite the negative emotions expelling themselves.

Are our emotions our prison? That’s what it felt like, and that was the intent behind this session today. Is karma and emotion intertwined?

Today I learned a closer meaning of what Laura means by spirituality is not sunshine and kittens. I can only assume that this would be like a hint of the heat of the crucible and it’s ugly and painful. But the “desire” for a different self makes the pursuit clear.

I just wanted to share this with everyone not for attention, but maybe encouragement for others who feel as I feel. This is something powerful. I suggest perhaps you keep doing it with the intent to change. It’s not easy to stay focused, but I feel like I really hit something in myself today

Lately there's been more attention in the media due to Andrew Huberman of Huberman Labs on a breathing technique quite similar to pipe breathing, called physiological sigh.
Thanks for that. I've been trying it and I find it quickly helps to return to calmness. I get a little lightheaded too, more so than when doing beatha.

I find it a familiar action. Like when you have a series of "mini-puff" sighs.

One year update.

Doing full EE pretty much every day right before the bed time with few exceptions where I skipped the breathing part due to contracting flu/covid like symptoms where anything resembling deeper breathing resulted in nasty cough.

Still builing up heat while doing pipe breathing
Still yawning after the warrior`s breathing
Baa-Haa breathing. There are times I literally wish it was longer :-)
The biggest change is usually when starting the second round I can clearly feel my forehead, third eye and crown chakras are spinning. When putting little more effort to it, it feels like the top of my head is about the fly off figuratively speaking.
Next are flashbacks. Seeing people and events related to the people from the past. Interestingly enough, those seem to be either really good memories or those bad ones. Nothing in between and also there is no real order in this. Sometimes I would see the same person or event few times, other times only once and next time something else. Lately these flashbacks slowed down to maybe one a week or even less. Started seeing faces of completely unknown to me people. Not quite sure what`s that about yet.

Meditation part. Zoning out few times a week right at the part when Laura says Dvine Cosmic Mind be with you for the rest of the meditation. Coming to few minutes past the entire length up to an hour.

One interesting thing happened spontaneously. Somehow I happened to bi-locate. It was not during the EE excercise. One Saturday afternoon while in the middle of my farm chores a friend of mine sees me at a shopping mall 4.5 hours away. I was not aware of anything at all. When he told me next Monday, he did not believe me I wasn`t there. Only my genuine confusion told him something was off. Makes me wonder what would happen if he approached me and we talked. Would I recall anything? No clue.

Anyway, I can clearly tell a positive difference in attitude and thinking overall.

Thank you all who made this possible and let jump on this!

Doing full EE pretty much every day
It's great that you are doing EE so often, but it is better to do the whole program only twice a week. Quite a few people are doing it on Mondays and Thursdays so that everyone that is doing it are doing it on the same days/nights. Doing the Breatha (Ba-Ha) every day is not advised as it is more intense in bringing up repressed emotions.

The rest of the program can be done every day. We recommend doing the pipe breathing and POTS every day or night. That gently releases any repressed emotions.
The biggest change is usually when starting the second round I can clearly feel my forehead, third eye and crown chakras are spinning. When putting little more effort to it, it feels like the top of my head is about the fly off figuratively speaking.
Are you breathing gently when doing the Breatha? I sound like you are breathing heavily/forcefully while doing it. While doing the Breatha, one should be breathing gently in and then out without pause. You do not have to fill the lungs with air while doing it. It is just to be a continuous breathing without any pauses in between the in and out breaths.

I was told once by someone who works with children that are autistic that they can get addicted to breathing in and out heavily. I hope that is not what is happening to you. I'm not saying that you are autistic, but if it could happen to others who are not autistic, too.

It is best if you can follow the program as it has been intended. :-)

It's great that you are doing EE so often, but it is better to do the whole program only twice a week. Quite a few people are doing it on Mondays and Thursdays so that everyone that is doing it are doing it on the same days/nights. Doing the Breatha (Ba-Ha) every day is not advised as it is more intense in bringing up repressed emotions.

The rest of the program can be done every day. We recommend doing the pipe breathing and POTS every day or night. That gently releases any repressed emotions.
Hmm, it sounds like I may be going a bit nuclear here. The reason I started everyday was that I wouldn`t forget, miss or skip if anything went in the way. It is so easy to say Oh its just this once...it goes down slippery slope from there. Let me see how to slow it down a notch or two.

Are you breathing gently when doing the Breatha? I sound like you are breathing heavily/forcefully while doing it. While doing the Breatha, one should be breathing gently in and then out without pause. You do not have to fill the lungs with air while doing it. It is just to be a continuous breathing without any pauses in between the in and out breaths.

I was told once by someone who works with children that are autistic that they can get addicted to breathing in and out heavily. I hope that is not what is happening to you. I'm not saying that you are autistic, but if it could happen to others who are not autistic, too.
No, wrong expression on my part. What I meant was not going very small/shallow breaths but little deeper ones. Nothing even remotely close to heavy breathing.

Appreciate all the feedback :-)

When doing Baha breathing earlier I felt a pent up of energy like anger got out of my system. I was doing the part where you make baha without pause and I feel like getting angry. I wanted to stop the exercise and relax because of the vibrations it makes in my body but when I stopped, the energy blocks my chest that I cannot relax and I breathe aggressively while punching my mat and shouting ha.

Another interesting thing that I find too was when I had my therapy last time, the therapist mentioned that sibling jealousy or envy caused some issues in my kidney. While doing baha, towards the end, I noticed pain in my right kidney or around it.

Has some of you experienced this too?

I wanted to stop the exercise and relax because of the vibrations it makes in my body but when I stopped, the energy blocks my chest that I cannot relax and I breathe aggressively while punching my mat and shouting ha.
The breatha (Ba-Ha) part is supposed to be done gently. Not aggressively. The breathing during the breatha segment is to be a gentle in and out breathing with no pause between the in and out breaths. It's also called "round breathing" because there is no pause between the breaths; just a continual in and out and in and out.....

I hope this helps.

The breatha (Ba-Ha) part is supposed to be done gently. Not aggressively.
I just thought that since I have this anger/aggressive energy and dont know how to respond to it, I did it aggressively to get it out till I remained calm and did the exercise again with gentle breaths.

I didnt do it on purpose. 😅 I just thought it might help me. Thank you for the insight. I will try again on Monday and try to be more calm. 🙏

So glad this post appeared.
I bought the DVD's ten years ago and made a few attempts with the breathing exercises, then stopped completely for various reasons. Now no longer have anything that plays DVD's. So very glad to find this online now, and I probably wasn't doing it right at all. Could really do with it right now lol. Going to get back into it soon hopefully. And just wanted to say how much I appreciate this work. Really interesting to read others experiences with this..

Happy Poo, there are online EE sessions that you can join if you like. Those who lead these sessions are excellent EE instructors and would be able to tell if you are doing the breathing correctly. Just in case you are unaware of these sessions, here's the latest post so that you can see how they let everyone know when the next one is and how to link up with it.

Happy Poo, there are online EE sessions that you can join if you like. Those who lead these sessions are excellent EE instructors and would be able to tell if you are doing the breathing correctly. Just in case you are unaware of these sessions, here's the latest post so that you can see how they let everyone know when the next one is and how to link up with it.
Hi Nienna, really appreciate your reply, it's a great help bless you, as I'm going through a rough time which would take an age to explain, not going to waffle on and know how busy you must be so instead am writing a poem or song 'thing', (wouldn't call it a song yet), about it and hope to share it when it's finished. .

I know that EE would be a great help and its been something I have been meaning to do for such a long time, always felt silly for not doing the breathing exercises as I know how important and beneficial they are. Hope you are well.. Lots of love and thanks again for your response, as it really does make all the difference to know that you guys are there.

Hi everyone, I wanted to share about my EE experience so that comments can be made by more experienced members.

I started EE when it first came out more than 10 years ago. I immediately loved pipe breathing and found it helpful for headaches as well as my own energy with the regular practice. I would go in phases that weren't particularly consistent with the pipe breathing but would usually fall off the wagon when it came to being super consistent with practice. In those years I was not aware that people were writing about their EE experiences on the forum. It is so long ago I might not have even been aware of the forum at all, as I didn't read the Wave series until 2012. I only mention this because its a bit embarrassing to have been doing it on and off for so long and yet to know so little ... lol ... and only now be posting on this thread.

At one point I practiced the Round breathing and I was doing it intensely ... in other words I was not doing the breathing in a gentle way. Big Mistake. My heartbeat accelerated and stayed accelerated for a couple weeks to the point that I got freaked out. Wasn't used to noticing and hearing my heart beat so easily so I went to the doctor. My doctors appointment helped me make the connection to the breathing exercise ... at the time I didn't think it could be so powerful ... and from then on I stopped doing the BioEnergetic part of the program and stuck to the Pipe breathing and Prayer of the Soul. I relate to the concept of "Zoning" but my "zoning" wasn't so related to the moments I was actually doing the practice ... but would happen afterwards ... I would find myself in a daydream and as I was snapping out of it, I often felt like I was in another world where I was communicating in a mathematical language of sorts ... very strange ... this was back around 2014/2015. But I am not zoning now and am zone free in the practice except for maybe the prayer.

Over the past 3 months, I have been practicing regularly and have been extremely disciplined. I have re-approached the BioEnergetic breathing. At first, my body would release so much that it was consistently like having a full body orgasm. But now, things have calmed down as I consciously try to softly and gently take in my breaths through the nose. I went through a period of getting a really cold nose from this practice but read on this forum a clue about directing the incoming air more towards the throat, and that tip has really helped warm my nose. I have been cleaning out emotionally from the BioEnergetic program and I have been doing it more than twice a week ... 3 or 4 times for the past month. I have experienced joy on many occasions with extreme feelings of gratitude. I also have experienced nausea where at the end I needed to spit for a while. Crying is normal for me as well. Often the right side of my face feels like it wants to fall off, which makes me feel like there is some attachment on my face that is in the process of releasing. Behind my eyeballs is another area where I feel a lot of sensation.

How are you supposed to think during the pipe breath, round breathing and prayer of the soul? During the pipe breathing I go from concentrating on the breaths to sometimes noticing my thoughts have wandered. I used to not worry about my thoughts wandering since my body was getting the vagal stimulation from the habituated pipe breathing, but I wanted to ask what is recommended for thought? Is the pipe breath exercise considered as a meditative exercise where one should quickly pull the mind back to the breath if one notices their mind has wandered? I concentrate hard during the round breathing on Light entering my body on the inhalation and toxins leaving my body when I exhale. This keeps me on my toes when it speeds up. I think hard about the words during the prayer of the soul. Hope this wasn't too long of a post ... comments appreciated:-)

Hi Truthseeker101. Thank you for posting your experiences with EE.

With what you have written, you may want to keep the entire EE program for only 2 times a week. The rest of the week, doing the pipe breathing and POTS every day or night is good. (I'm so glad that you realized that doing the breathing in the Beatha section in a gentle way is how it should be done.) The Beatha does bring up repressed emotions quite a bit faster and that's why we recommend only doing it twice a week; and for some people, to skip it entirely. Doing the pipe breathing brings up the repressed emotions more slowly and gently.

As for what you should be thinking during the program, what you described as breathing in light and breathing out what is bad for you is a good way to go. Or, just concentrating on your breaths making sure you are belly breathing, etc. If you mind wanders just let the thoughts go and continue back to what you should be concentrating on. All is done in a gentle and relaxed manner. So don't get upset or tense up because your mind was wandering. Just consider it no big deal and go back to what you were concentrating on beforehand.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom