Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Hildegarda said:
One concern I am having is that I have not yet gotten through the whole meditation without zoning out. First couple of times it happened, I even thought that the file in my mp3 player is defective. I would go through bioenergetic breathing, hear the beginning of the meditation, and next thing I know it's either the part where Laura wraps everything up, or the player is silent. I have read through the thread, and it appears that zoning out is supposed to be a good thing? I am beginning to worry that I am not doing things right once in a zoned-out state ...

Hi Hildegarda
As far as I understand it, it is a good thing if you start to zone out during the prayer part (because you are bringing in higher energy, and as you are not use to it you loose yourself for that period....as you practice you will eventually start to recall what happens during that period).
As to your case, do you get as far as reciting the prayer a few times? Or alternatively, are you able to recite the prayer yourself from memory? I am doing the prayer myself after pipe breathing each night. The reason I ask is because if you cannot do so it may then be something to be concerned about (Although someone more qualified/experienced would have to answer that).....but if you can I wouldn't worry about it. fwiw :)
I do tend to zone out a lot if I am tired. Have you tried doing it early in the evening or perhaps early morning?

treesparrow said:
I'm stuck. I simply cannot do most of the warm up exercises because of health reasons ( osteo-arthrits restricts movements of my upper torso and head). :( How necessary are all of these? Is there an alternative regime?

Hi treesparrow
Myself I don't have enough private space for doing the warm up described most of the time. I started by having hot magnesium baths as they relax and warm up the muscles without the need for exercise. Laura mentions in the video that you can do your own warm up exercises too if you have health problems.
I have done one or two full programs without a warm up, but you should note that like any exercise its recommended that you warm up your muscle groups first. So gentle stretching or even just a hot bath, or perhaps a massarge would probably do the trick. :)

Jeremy F Kreuz said:
I realized that I was doing the praying in a mechanical way and it seems that that might be the reason why my mind wonders off (the predator mind takes over? - due to mechanical praying - or the moving center takes over something the movement center is not supposed to do). So I decided to be very aware of what I was praying and in the meantime breath more intensively so that I could focus the movement center on what it is supposed to do: breathing, moving the belly up and down.

Same here. I also focus on the sounds of the breathing: the ocean sound of inhalation during pipe breath and constricted Ha outbreath, and the Ha of Baha part. Interesting, during warriors' breath i am fully "here"!

Jeremy F Kreuz said:
While I was reciting the prayer, I was also focusing on: I am lying here, I am saying this, I am praying.

I am doing this myself, in order to silence the noise in my head. Another thing i found that helps me stay focused during the meditation/praying part: I thought that when i actually talk to somebody in real life, i am focused to the person and what i am saying to them, without my mind going places on its own. I found that it helps me stay focused better then, if i imagine that the words of the prayer are words that I am saying TO Divine Cosmic Mind face to face sort of :) .

Gawan said:
there has been also, I call it, a silent screaming (to have the mouth open in a screaming position, but making no sound)

I got this silent scream once before, during the early days of doing the program. Last night however, it came during the baha part (after the first quick part) and a sudden feeling of despair overwhelmed me. Suddenly my mouth got wide open like i was screaming with no sound, like you say Gawan, but it was a combination of screaming and crying, my eyes were pouring tears. I cried throughout baha and barely did the breathing, i cried throughout the prayer, and couldn't stop till early morning.

Today, i was feeling a bit better, and then my mother and brother picked me up to go see my grandfather in a different town, who is - as it seems - ready to depart. I haven't seen him in a while, and upon seeing him i was jolted with tears again. He was unrecognizable: he lost so much weight and was barely able to perform basic functions. One minute he was there interacting with us, and then he would be off, as if leaving the body near us empty. The doctors say that his brain is shrinking yet the rest of his organs are in perfect shape. As i was looking at him, and how he needed assistance to do ANYTHING, and knowing that he will be getting worst and worst, i kept wondering how could anyone accept growing incapacitated in older age as a normal developmental stage in human life? Why do human beings accept that after they spend decades of living in this world they will end up needing the care they needed as infants, and die without dignity, or without having the knowledge beforehand on how to care for their bodies and minds, protect themselves from the toxins inside and outside them, so they never end up like this?

I looked around at his children and grandchildren who seemed to be accepting his condition as "that's how things are" and "that's how things will be for us too down the road". But to me it seemed like a horrible thing to sit around and wait for, it seemed insane even! Because these are the people who also believe that there's a loving god sitting in heaven, taking care of us! :cry:

Hi all.
Lately I've experienced hunger after the breathing and meditation sessions, almost shaking in my legs because of it, causing quite an appetite. And my whole body have been feeling like it have been charged with some kind of energy only I feel weak after some of the sessions, at other times I feel good. I still zone out alot, no real emotional outburst of crying since the first time, but I have also been feeling joy and compassion after meditations. A few times I've had the purple circle lights which kind of expands and retracts into itself and some other colors, but that is not every time. Also I've been feeling like I should connect more on this forum, if only to share my experiences.
Thanks to everyone who post here, it has helped me. I'm only hoping I can help back.

RedFox said:
treesparrow said:
I'm stuck. I simply cannot do most of the warm up exercises because of health reasons ( osteo-arthrits restricts movements of my upper torso and head). :( How necessary are all of these? Is there an alternative regime?

Hi treesparrow
Myself I don't have enough private space for doing the warm up described most of the time. I started by having hot magnesium baths as they relax and warm up the muscles without the need for exercise. Laura mentions in the video that you can do your own warm up exercises too if you have health problems.
I have done one or two full programs without a warm up, but you should note that like any exercise its recommended that you warm up your muscle groups first. So gentle stretching or even just a hot bath, or perhaps a massarge would probably do the trick. :)

Exactly! As i understand it the warm up exercises are to warm up and relax the muscles, the joints, the spine, etc, and release the body of any tension it might hold. They are also to get us inside the body, before start doing the breathing exercises. If there's anything you can do that brings these relaxing/centering results to you, you can do that, if you can't do these body movements. The hot tab with magnesium salts that RedFox suggests might be the easiest and most available thing to do before breathing. I also find that some time in the Infra red sauna helps relax me also, so if you have it, try it. Another thing i would recommend you to try, is to do Progressive Muscle Relaxation. Here's a link that explains how it's done, it's very easy:

http://stress.about.com/od/generaltechniques/ht/howtopmr.htm

Some people do it starting from the feet up, i prefer to relax the face muscles first and then go down. If i remember correctly, in In Search of the Miraculous, Ouspensky related that Gurdjieff told them that the first and most important muscles to relax on the body are those of the face.

Hi Everyone,
I introduced myself awhile back and haven't posted since. I had major surgery last August and it took longer for me to recover and get back to my life. The EE meditation has really helped me clear my mind. I started the program as soon as I could download it to a CD. I am familiar with different breathing techniques because I practice yoga and we usually practice at least some breathing every class. It took me a few weeks to get the breathing pattern down but I am good with it now. I would inhale and/or exhale too quickly. Warrior's breath was easy. The Ba Ha breathing was frustrating. It seemed endless. Now I look forward to doing the whole meditation on Monday and Thursday and the pipe breathing and prayer of the soul daily.
At first I experienced some frustration that even carried over into my home life. Cutting back to only two full meditations has helped. Now I feel very peaceful after meditating. I usually feel very warm after the first round of pipe breathing. I have been zoning out frequently during the prayer and sometimes during Ba Ha. My mind wandered quite a bit during the prayer of the soul. I'll try to quiet my "monkey mind" and focus more on Thursday. Last Thursday during the prayer of the soul I saw a bright dot that slowly changed into a small rose.

RedFox said:
As to your case, do you get as far as reciting the prayer a few times? Or alternatively, are you able to recite the prayer yourself from memory? I am doing the prayer myself after pipe breathing each night. The reason I ask is because if you cannot do so it may then be something to be concerned about [..] I do tend to zone out a lot if I am tired. Have you tried doing it early in the evening or perhaps early morning?

treesparrow said:
No, I only heard the very beginning of the prayer, but I know it pretty well by heart. You must be right about being tired in the evening. I did it in the afternoon today and was able to listen through the whole thing, only drifting in and out briefly a few times. Thank you!

Hi all,

I've been doing the full program almost every night since it was posted. The experiences have been a mixed bag so far. I had the "chiropractic adjustment" of some cervical vertabrae early on which I posted about. It stayed corrected, which is wonderful, since it had been gving me trouble for a while. I do believe there is a strong correlation between emotional release and physical realignment. When I have an emotional shift, there is nearly always something matching in the physical, and when I feel a physical shift, I know to keep alert for something on the emotional front. The pipe breathing brings such a relaxation response that it been fairly easy for my body to make changes that bring it more into balance. I've had some profound shifts in posture, which have been reflected in a sense of calm and more "solidness" mentally and emotionally. Keeping track of the sensations and maybe corrolating them with Louise Hays information has provided me with some insights. I do a LOT of pipe breathing at work. On lunch, if the day is really stressful, ten minutes doing the POTS with the breathing is a wonderful relief. I've also notices the "getting smarter" effect. I just finished re-reading ISOTM. This time it didn't seem dense or obscure at all. I'm working on the Sufi Path of Knowledge now.

Emotional, there have been some crying spells but they could just as easily be connected with currentl turmoil in my personal life. Two or three times I've had spells of gagging/choking/ wretching (not fun!). Still there was this observing part that kept an eye on things (?), so I could cry or choke, or wretch in the loo, or whatever and not be scared. It's sounds really weird but that's the way it was. I used to be athletic, so I am accustomed to feeling the physical quite profoundly. Guess it came in useful here.

I haven't had any bad dreams, flashbacks or visions, nor do I see any cool lights (wanna see the purple. I luvs purple!) So I guess either I've been able to integrate slowly or there's not much depth there to begin with. :/ It could be that I've done a ton of bodywork over the years; many, many rolfing hours, massage, body electronics, all kinds of stuff. I do zone about half the time during the POTS. Laura's voice is so soothing and caring. The feeling coming back is so peaceful! One noteworthy thing is that last night I slept seven hours after the meditation without needing any melatonin. That's a huge first.

My official copy arrived today :clap:, so I will try it with speakers rather than earbuds and a discman. Can't wait!

Herondancer

Thx for bring up session 13.09

Now I understand why I have so bad and evil dream ....

It is cleaning past lives experiences

I usually do full set EE program 2 per week + other day pipe breathing + meditation

Now I will rise up to 4 per week + other days pipe breathing + meditation

I usually do EE program at 21:00 or 22:00.

But last time I have done it at 14:00 middle day...

What happend ?

I have Lots of Experiences more than usually about 50% More intensive felling.

at 14:00 I'm sleepy :P but not full sleep :P
then I usually take nape for 30 mint , my intuition told me to Whay not to try EE program ?

That was BINGO for me.

I will post my resultant after 1 weeks 14:00/13:00 middle day EE program

Try do it at middle day when you are sleepy but not full sleep.
when you don't have energy to do fiscal work .just your body is nearly out of energy.

Thank you, Redfox and Smaragde for your informative replies (posts 1080 and 1083). I feel greatly encouraged. :)

RedFox said:
RyanAM said:
After doing the meditation and trying to go to sleep, i was completely startled and freaked out when it felt like something from my kidney felt as if it moved up past my rib area, i sat there laying for awhile when it felt as if i was moving inside my own body, so i started imaging i was turning my head without doing it and i could feel my head moving without physically moving it, anyway it was a little scary even though i was quite relaxed. My head also hurts some but its not like a headache type feeling, i have a lot of perspiration coming off my body and i feel anxious or nervous or something, i cannot sleep.

Hi RyanAM
Perhaps go outside and take a few deep slow breaths of fresh air. Also try staying outside until you feel cooler. This always helped me in the past if I couldn't sleep.
I remember an earlier discussion in the thread talking about feeling things move (a blockage?) on the right hand side of the body under the ribs. The conclusion was that it could be an emotional blockage.
The program does appear to be physically detoxing so it may well be related as well.

Interesting observation about the emotional blockages taking a physical form...

For about the last 3 months I've had what feels like energy (?) moving through various parts of my body. It started with my head/brain (the right side) and progressed to the left side of my body (neck, arms) and then to the right and back up to the head (right) side. From there it went along the spine (from top to bottom). Each time, the sensation went up to the crown of my head and went out(?) At this writing, there's some pressure trying to leave from the top of my back and neck.

I usually experience this at night and also when researching. This caused me to wonder if some of these sensations may be related to physical changes occurring as more knowledge is gained.

The last thing I'm experiencing right now is every now and again, it feels as if energy(?) is entering through the crown of my head. Any ideas?

truth seeker said:
I usually experience this at night and also when researching. This caused me to wonder if some of these sensations may be related to physical changes occurring as more knowledge is gained.

The last thing I'm experiencing right now is every now and again, it feels as if energy(?) is entering through the crown of my head. Any ideas?

I've had the same thing with energy at the crown. It first started with me several years ago when I first started reading Laura's books, and now I notice it during the breathing program as well. It feels like I've got like some kind of hole at the top or something, not sure how to explain it.

Also, last session I felt the same sort of thing at the bottom two chakras area, like energy was moving around there too. My guess is that yes, physical changes are related to both gaining of knowledge as well as doing the breathing program.

It's really been a great help to know others are doing the breathing program on Mondays and Thursday because there are nights when I really just want to go straight to sleep. But then I think of all you guys out there breathing and meditating and that really makes me determined again to make this so very important effort.

I haven't had anything "major" happen (at least as far as I'm aware) through doing the program but I have to say, I am getting a bit of insight into certain problems, particular as they relate to my son. I'll be sitting on my bed, thinking about a particular problem that's been going on for some time already, and suddenly, I'll get a flash of an event that was a trigger for the problem. Through it, I'm able to decide on a course of action to improve the situation. It's happened about 3 times already.

Also, I've had a lot of flashbacks lately of events from the past that I really haven't thought about in ages. They aren't necessarily traumatic events, just odd events in some way. I suppose that could be part of the "processing" happening, I dunno.

ugly duckling said:
Also, I've had a lot of flashbacks lately of events from the past that I really haven't thought about in ages. They aren't necessarily traumatic events, just odd events in some way. I suppose that could be part of the "processing" happening, I dunno.

I, too, have been having flashbacks just come into my mind, usually while doing the baha and/or prayer of the soul. Things will come to mind that helps me to understand some of the underlying programs and how they have started.

As far as the increasing of intelligence, not sure there. :/

But I've definitely been having some emotional things happening.

The other night while doing the prayer I saw a woman get stabbed and ripped open and heard her scream/yowl as she died. :shock: Also colors and several small white lights, almost light fireflies flitting around a purple mosaic.

I also have been remembering non traumatic events of all sorts from the past. Or at least apparently non traumatic events...

Apart from that, I seem to be unwilling of colaborate with control and manipulation, some of which I was unaware/not wanting to see.
Seems that is direct result of the meditation. The resistance of the mind is not vanishing, but patience and i shall keep rocking on.

Back
Top Bottom