Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Myrddin Awyr said:
shijing said:
Axis Mundi said:
Lately I've experienced hunger after the breathing and meditation sessions, almost shaking in my legs because of it, causing quite an appetite.

Its interesting that you should say this, because the last few times I have done the entire breathing program, one thing I've noticed is that I start to get really hungry part-way through, and the first thing I do as soon as I'm done is go get something to eat, because I'm starving for some reason.

After doing the entire program yesterday, I also experienced such a hunger and couldn't stop thinking about it. But, I didn't eat anything afterwards because it was late, and I was rather in such a profound need of closure with my bed. Then, I've had dreams of eating foods after foods in a different number of places, even eating 100 donuts at Dunkin' Donuts, ugh! I don't even like Dunkin' Donuts!

Then, after I woke up this morning, that hunger was still there, and all sorts of needs of foods came to mind. But, I've chosen to make myself an egg and spinach, and then I was fine. Not sure why this desire happened exactly, but maybe it's sort of "releasing?"

I wonder if this hunger relates to what Don Juan mentioned to Castenada about a fear of being hungry even when you haven't experienced hunger because the predator's mind is afraid of loosing it's source of food. Just a thought.

"'I want to appeal to your analytical mind, ' don Juan said. 'Think for a moment, and tell me how you would explain the contradiction between the intelligence of man the engineer and the stupidity of his systems of beliefs, or the stupidity of his contradictory behavior. Sorcerers believe that the predators have given us our systems of beliefs, our ideas of good and evil, our social mores. They are the ones who set up our hopes and expectations and dreams of success or failure. They have given us covetousness, greed and cowardice. It is the predators who make us complacent, routinary, and egomaniacal.'

"'But how can they do this, don Juan?' I asked, somehow angered further by what he was saying. 'Do they whisper all that in our ears while we are asleep?'

"'No, they don't do it that way. That's idiotic!' don Juan said, smiling. 'They are infinitely more efficient and organized than that. In order to keep us obedient and meek and weak, the predators engaged themselves in a stupendous maneuver - stupendous, of course, from the point of view of a fighting strategist. A horrendous maneuver from the point of view of those who suffer it. They gave us their mind! Do you hear me? The predators give us their mind, which becomes our mind. The predators' mind is baroque, contradictory, morose, filled with the fear of being discovered any minute now.

Don Juan continues: "'I know that even though you have never suffered hunger... you have food anxiety, which is none other than the anxiety of the predator who fears that any moment now its maneuver is going to be uncovered and food is going to be denied. Through the mind, which, after all, is their mind, the predators inject into the lives of human beings whatever is convenient for them. And they ensure, in this manner, a degree of security to act as a buffer against their fear.'"

Nicholas said:
I wonder if this hunger relates to what Don Juan mentioned to Castenada about a fear of being hungry even when you haven't experienced hunger because the predator's mind is afraid of loosing it's source of food. Just a thought.

Or maybe because changes are ocurring at a fast pace in a cellular/mental level and a supply of nutrients is needed?
Or perhaps both? Each case is different perhaps...

After a missing a couple of E-E sessions due to not being able to overcome the mind, I was able to do an E-E session last night and again tonight.

One thing about tonight was different than other sessions - my mouth was watering copiously since the very beginning and all the way through to the end.

Iron said:
Nicholas said:

Or maybe because changes are ocurring at a fast pace in a cellular/mental level and a supply of nutrients is needed?
Or perhaps both? Each case is different perhaps...

Yep, I have that hunger too, or more accurately the first few times. Well it would be good if we knew, if as suggested we are feeding the predators mind I am in for a harsh starvation. But if it's because of the change it would be good, because I ate some light food after I did the program back then.

I would like to report my experience with EE practice.
I do the full program on Mondays and Thursdays, pipe breathing and meditation most others days. Like many other members, I've experienced difficulties when I started using the techniques (mostly the ba ha part of the practice) but now it is more comfortable to do.

I have experienced emotional release only once. I cried a lot while practicing pipe breath. This happened just a few days before Laura released the audio mediation and the video. Sometimes I feel sadness towards the end of the ba ha portion. Some of the other things I've experienced: zoning out during meditation, vibration or tingling sensation in my arms and legs.
No unusual experiences or other emotional episodes for me.

During the practice of the EE program I've noticed that my predator's mind goes overdrive frequently because it is always expecting something or expecting results. I have a nasty program that keeps telling me that this whole thing is a waist of time and I should just give up. I will keep practicing but trying not to have any expectations for anything.

Laura thank you so much for sharing these techniques and also thanks to all the members who post their experiences.

The hard part is coming for me it seems after almost every day doing the whole program since its publication. Never believed i could succumb to depression or even feel it (before i was proud that it never got to me) and now here it is. Anguish is alternating with all sorts of "You are good for nothing!", "what have you achieved you looser!", "pathetic moron!", "fake antisocial retard!", "you are an idiot, fool!" - thoughts. Then usually after a long days and nights struggle when i get enough of these i become angry and a strange determination to DO overcomes the BS-systems [(c) Allen] in my head. I get up and accomplish a lot. Looking back coolly at what "crap and pointless trash!" i actually managed to accomplish - it turns out that it's up to par with everyone else's creations. It's just i don't know, how to completely trust myself and how never ever doubt what i say. Also there is the doubt about posting, because i need to concentrate on proper English wording and its exhausting plus so time consuming that i frequently give up in the middle of writing a post. At the same time knowing the importance of networking.

I think, Eiriu Eolas as a separate exercise is the greatest achievement of QFG's 5th-Way research.
(Now i must go back bury myself into work)

When doing the entire program yesterday, have noticed that my mind was drifting a lot, thinking to minor things. I had the impression of doing it more mechanically. I thought it should be due to the mastering of the breathing technique. I recall someone else talking about this earlier. I managed to "awaken" everytime I noticed it.
I have noticed also that I zoned out less frequently and for less time than usual. This sould be due to the fact that when I went in my bedroom to do the breathing, I laid on my bed in an attempt to relax, I slept and I woke up only two hours later to realize this and immediately began to do the breathing.
My mouth was also particularly dry this time.

I've noticed the hunger too, mostly the next day for me however. If I remember rightly, feeling hungry can actually be a sign you are infact thirsty/dehydrated. When using the infra red saunas its recommended that you drink water before/after the sessions. So I am wondering, if the E-E program has a physical detox element, if following the sauna detox protocols may help? I don't think it is necessarily needed, but I'm going to give it a go on Monday and see what results it has. :)
I have however taken to having a small glass of water before starting the sessions, as my mouth/nose can get a bit dry sometimes.

I ended up doing last nights session a lot later than I intended too ('stay up late' programs running again), so I tried my best not to fall asleep. Interestingly I did drift a bit in the Ba-Ha portion (but I tend to do it laying down), however I felt awake/alert through the whole prayer section and half way into the music track doing my own repetitions. Then I started zoning out badly.
I don't know if its because I'm using the CD version now or not, but I have noticed a sort of refinement to everything....the only analogy I can give is the program has a shape/texture, and that shape/texture is coming more sharply into focus (this 'flavour' starts from the beginning and goes all the way to the end). All the effects such as heat/tingling etc seem to becoming more refined as well, or perhaps I'm just getting use to them?

forge said:
The hard part is coming for me it seems after almost every day doing the whole program since its publication.

Hi forge, are you saying you are doing the full program every day? It has been recommended that you only do the full program Monday/Thursday, and just do some pipe breathing/prayer of the soul before bed on all the other days. You may find that the dark moods are easier to handle if you reduce the days you do the full program.
I think of it a bit like athletic training, the resting between hard exercise is just as important as the exercise. In athletics its gives the body/muscles a chance to grow/heal/adapt. As we are working with our body/mind/emotions/soul here, the resting is probably really important!

The idea of nutrient need came to me after remembering that the C's said that changes at DNA level happen as a result of the work and the pursuit of the means to BE.
Excess Oxigen = ideal environment for free radical formation and expontaneous DNA change. Maybe also the ideal environment for the formation of the Heavy water in the organism essencial for alchemy, that the C's alluded in some session, I dont remember the date.

However some kind of measure to recognize if this hunger is another attempt of predation or a genuine need, would be helpfull.

RedFox said:
Hi forge, are you saying you are doing the full program every day? It has been recommended that you only do the full program Monday/Thursday, and just do some pipe breathing/prayer of the soul before bed on all the other days. You may find that the dark moods are easier to handle if you reduce the days you do the full program.
I think of it a bit like athletic training, the resting between hard exercise is just as important as the exercise. In athletics its gives the body/muscles a chance to grow/heal/adapt. As we are working with our body/mind/emotions/soul here, the resting is probably really important!

There is no added benefit by doing it every day? The more, the merrier i thought. Your advice as the original way the program is meant to be followed will be more fitting to draining workweeks. On several occasions i became giddy, unsteady, fainting had momentary blackouts. Had to sit down not to fall like timber. Always happened when fully exhausted after a days hard work and at night i was forcing myself doing the full breathing program. Doing it only Monday/Thursday will have added benefit of concentrating on proper execution plus my energy for a whole week will be added into the process. Good thing i mentioned this, thanks RedFox!

I haven't posted to this thread for awhile, but I have been doing the full EE program at least 4 days a week.

Mostly I just go through the program trying to make sure I'm not deviating from the proper techniques of throat constriction and trying to stay focused and do proper belly breathing. On one occasion last week, I went through the program as usual (I'm referring to the hour-long mp3 that I use during my school break).

When it was over I was wondering "what happened?"...it seemed to last for only 15 or 20 minutes. I don't remember going to sleep, zoning out or dissasociating that badly, but maybe I did. I checked my player and everything seemed to have proceeded as usual with no malfunctions, so I was kind of surprised.

That was the only session that I felt like I didn't get any benefit from, but I realize that's not necessarily true. There is a part of me that knows I experienced the full hour, and that the issue is trying to sort through the mixed-up perceptions.

The last session I did, ended as peaceful and relaxing as the others, and then, unexpectedly, I started crying while thinking about all the people I knew who were going through pain of some kind. I thought about my dad, step-mom, wife, T.C.'s mom, people on the forum and oddly enough, I noticed I wasn't referring to or feeling anything for myself here as far as I could tell.

When I noticed this, I briefly felt like not participating here anymore. I found myself thinking: I don't want to take a side, take a position, adopt a context or point of view in order to communicate...I just wanted to "be". So I asked myself "Be?" and the answer: I just want to "...know and love The Holiness of True Existence".

I was about ready to believe that when I simply realized "Hogwash"! Yeah, that sounds real noble, but I don't know anywhere near what I need to know in order to have a statement like that actually be true, so I'm just keeping on schedule, making sure I continue to do the breathing/meditation 'religiously' regardless of what thoughts and feelings come up.

The last session I did, ended as peaceful and relaxing as the others, and then, unexpectedly, I started crying while thinking about all the people I knew who were going through pain of some kind. I thought about my dad, step-mom, wife, T.C.'s mom, people on the forum

Hi Buddy,

Looks like some emotional-processing is going on within you. I'm not sure if you have read this entire thread yet (because it has grown to be HUGE), but Laura has mentioned that it is not so much what seems to be happening during the EE program which is so important, but what goes on 'between sessions' when things are 'processed'.

It has also been mentioned that the experiences will not be the same for everyone, as each of us has different issues to work through and things to heal or eliminate. There might also be some 'resistance' felt to doing the program and even continuing to participate here because of the Predator Mind's exceeding distaste for being 'eliminated', so to speak. We just need to continue to work through these things until they are overcome.

That was the only session that I felt like I didn't get any benefit from, but I realize that's not necessarily true.

Yep!

Hi Richard. I got a very strong impression that you know what you're talking about. When I felt that connection, I had to cry again. I don't know why. You are right though, I have a lot of emotions that need processing.

Thank you.

forge said:
The hard part is coming for me it seems after almost every day doing the whole program since its publication. Never believed i could succumb to depression or even feel it (before i was proud that it never got to me) and now here it is. Anguish is alternating with all sorts of "You are good for nothing!", "what have you achieved you looser!", "pathetic moron!", "fake antisocial retard!", "you are an idiot, fool!" - thoughts. Then usually after a long days and nights struggle when i get enough of these i become angry and a strange determination to DO overcomes the BS-systems [(c) Allen] in my head. I get up and accomplish a lot. Looking back coolly at what "crap and pointless trash!" i actually managed to accomplish - it turns out that it's up to par with everyone else's creations.

Hi forge,

It sounds to me like you are facing, perhaps for the first time in your life, the struggle between the predator and something real inside of yourself. We have all been programmed to believe that we are worthless. But it is difficult to live with that, so we have other parts of ourself that take the opposite approach and build ourselves up way beyond the truth. Both voices are false. We are neither worthless nor 'speshul'. Those are the voices of our predator's mind, of the negative introject. You're not alone in going through this. I know I am!

Have you read the recommended books on narcissism? They discuss this in great detail.

It's just i don't know, how to completely trust myself and how never ever doubt what i say. Also there is the doubt about posting, because i need to concentrate on proper English wording and its exhausting plus so time consuming that i frequently give up in the middle of writing a post. At the same time knowing the importance of networking.

The thing is, we can't 'completely trust' ourselves. We can't 'never ever doubt' what we say. With the war going inside of ourselves, with the clever ways we have to fool ourselves, we always need the help of others to see ourselves. It is a complicated process! :)

There are different kinds of doubt. We need to fight against the doubt about posting, because how else will we get the help we need? But we need to doubt our thought processes and how they are influenced by our emotions. We have to learn to distinguish between emotions that are from a chemical bath and the purer emotions we may feel doing the EE exercises. As this goes on, we'll see that we aren't worthless, and we'll no longer have the need to pretend that the world revolves around us. We'll be able to let go and trust in creation rather than trying to control everything around us no matter the cost to ourselves and others.

I think, Eiriu Eolas as a separate exercise is the greatest achievement of QFG's 5th-Way research.
(Now i must go back bury myself into work)

As others have said, do the complete breathing and meditation on Monday and Thursday, while doing the Prayer each night. You don't need to push yourself so hard.

Back
Top Bottom