Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

I did not think body work could be of much value for breathing, but this summer I went to see a chiropractor as part of a birthday gift. Her training includes the principles of Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization according to Kolar. The school claims babies master different movements at different stages. She noted restrictions in the chest area which affected my breathing, and suggested two exercises they associate with three months old babies, according to their charts. The exercises and understanding do seem to have helped free up tension.

I wanted to share an interesting experience I've had with doing EE after a workout on a few separate occasions. For some reason doing EE after moderate physical training was quite hard, I was a little nauseous during the pipe breathing part and I found it really hard to focus during the ba-ha part. To the point that I kept dissociating or drifting off and coming back to the rhythm good couple of minutes later. The first time it happened the workout was really intense, but the second and third time it was gentle-to-moderate. I did not have a longer break so it couldn't have been a "shock to the system".

I do breathe with my belly during most exercises and I wonder if this simply was an intense breathing overload. Whatever the cause, just to be on the safe side I think I'll keep my exercises and EE separate.

If anyone else has had similar experience please do share so we can compare notes :-)

Hello to all. I have practiced 5 sessions. One notable thing is the healing of the past. The obsessive preoccupation I had with a person from my past has disappeared. Now I can think about it on a neutral level. It's relaxing ! I noticed on a physical level a diffuse warmth on the right side of the chest and a less petty mind. :wizard:

For some reason doing EE after moderate physical training was quite hard, I was a little nauseous during the pipe breathing part and I found it really hard to focus during the ba-ha part. To the point that I kept dissociating or drifting off and coming back to the rhythm good couple of minutes later. The first time it happened the workout was really intense, but the second and third time it was gentle-to-moderate. I did not have a longer break so it couldn't have been a "shock to the system".
My first assumption was that you had a dorsal vagal state, where the exercise and ba-ha afterwards was too much for your system. Although, if the exercises the second and third time around were gentle, did you eat anything beforehand? If not, you're blood sugar levels could have dropped causing you to lose focus and drift off. I've never done EE after a workout before, but one day when I went for martial arts training in the morning, didn't eat anything beforehand, and felt really out of it and spacey after the class that I didn't recover from until later on in the afternoon. I've solved that issue by making sure to eat a large breakfast first. If that's a contributing factor, you might want to look into Eating for your nervous system and personality type.

So what is the best time of day to practice EE?
I've heard the best times to practice any kind of meditation is either first thing in the morning or evenings, although I personally find doing a meditation after work is the best for me.

Dear friends! To greatly regret, I can't take part in the meeting today! Since now local time the meeting begins at 22 o'clock, I'm afraid I can't wait. Tired at work and I want to go to bed early. Alenka (@Korzik18 ), unfortunately, sick a little and will not be able to take part. We hope to meet you next Monday! We wish you pleasant EE!

So what is the best time of day to practice EE?
I think it is better to determine individually, as it is better for you. I like to do in the evening after work. It helps to remove fatigue and stress and feel a little better! But I know what to do many people in the morning. 🌞

I had my first EE Session today and it was amazing! In the middle of the warriors breathe part, I just started crying and felt emotional but it wasn't sad at all. I can’t really explain it but I just felt extremely blessed. I remembered about a time about 3 years ago when I was speaking to my mother and I told her about my goals in life and how I just want to learn and grow spiritually so I could help people. I was laying down for the meditation part and I didn’t even realize that I was meditating! At the ending of the meditation, I was just laying down relaxing and out of now where I felt like my eyes opened when they didn’t ( best way I could explain it). I opened my eyes and I just felt relaxed and blessed to be able to partake in this program.

Hi guys! I recently started doing the EE meditation and sometimes at the end when the prayer of the soul is recited I get dizzy and I have to open my eyes (similiar to when you're drunk and lie down and your head spins 😅) It lasts for a moment and then goes away...

I wonder if the effects of the wave amplify also our experiences doing the program?

Hi guys! I recently started doing the EE meditation and sometimes at the end when the prayer of the soul is recited I get dizzy and I have to open my eyes (similiar to when you're drunk and lie down and your head spins 😅) It lasts for a moment and then goes away...

I wonder if the effects of the wave amplify also our experiences doing the program?

Hey Gabriela, if you started doing EE recently then I’d say those experiences aren’t unusual. This thread has descriptions of lots of similar - and even more intense - responses to EE. Many of us, myself included, initially had such reactions. They dissolved with time and now, some 6-7 years later, I mostly find the EE experience to be relaxing more than anything. And I practice it weekly.

In the EE narrative for the Warrior’s Breath Laura does say that “you might get just a little bit lightheaded”. For the first year or so for me it wasn’t “just a little bit” but “quite a bit”. And not just during the Warrior’s Breath. I also had other pretty strong emotional and physical reactions (anger, severe coughing) - even to pipe breath, let alone BA-Ha.

It’s interesting that this happens after the meditation as it’s the most relaxing part, but I’d say it’s not too unusual and it isn’t anything to be concerned about. I’d say stick with it - and if you are interested you could also consider joining our online group practice :-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom