Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

I want to report that I noted that anytime I do the program, even if I have a lot of time without doing it, I feel a bit depressed. That used to happened before when I did the program with consistent frequency, but now I am kind of more sensitive. I remembered that the recommendation was skip the baha part, but two months between meditations is a lot time to being so sensitive. :huh:

Hello
I pratice EE since 2011 (I did a week end in Moissac when EE wa. I praticed it in a regular basis over several years then I read some advice that made me realize that I was doing wrong especially for Beatha (I forced breathing and then felt like lots of tinglings in the hands, the belly and sometimes in the legs

Sorry !
I want to report that I noted that anytime I do the program, even if I have a lot of time without doing it, I feel a bit depressed. That used to happened before when I did the program with consistent frequency, but now I am kind of more sensitive. I remembered that the recommendation was skip the baha part, but two months between meditations is a lot time to being so sensitive. :huh:

Hello
I pratice EE since 2011 (I did a week end in Moissac when EE was "authorized". I praticed it in a regular basis over several years then I read some advices that made me realize that I was doing wrong especially for Beatha (I forced breathing and then felt like lots of tinglings in the hands, the belly and sometimes in the legs). I experienced EE outside for the last summer and it was a good and an interesting experience in the way that I did some interesting dreams : the main dream was totally linked with the place I did EE. The dream took place during the second world war and it was about military planes that crashed in that place precisely (Ardeche in France).

By the way, I noticed from (independently of the dream) that some feelings (probably linked to my proper life) went back to the surface immediatly after the programm (in the hours followed it) : angry (this feeling lasted a while), depression, joy etc... Maybe the feeling last as long it is necessary ?

And a little fun thing in addition of that : I was seeing EVERY single day, when I was driving, on a long period of time, at least a number plate beginning by EE on a car...

Sorry !

Hello
I pratice EE since 2011 (I did a week end in Moissac when EE was "authorized". I praticed it in a regular basis over several years then I read some advices that made me realize that I was doing wrong especially for Beatha (I forced breathing and then felt like lots of tinglings in the hands, the belly and sometimes in the legs). I experienced EE outside for the last summer and it was a good and an interesting experience in the way that I did some interesting dreams : the main dream was totally linked with the place I did EE. The dream took place during the second world war and it was about military planes that crashed in that place precisely (Ardeche in France).

By the way, I noticed from (independently of the dream) that some feelings (probably linked to my proper life) went back to the surface immediatly after the programm (in the hours followed it) : angry (this feeling lasted a while), depression, joy etc... Maybe the feeling last as long it is necessary ?

And a little fun thing in addition of that : I was seeing EVERY single day, when I was driving, on a long period of time, at least a number plate beginning by EE on a car...
Glad you realized that you were forcing your breathing in the breatha. Hopefully, you have corrected it. ;-)

About the feelings that are continuing to come up. If they are too overwhelming, you may want to stop the beatha for a while as the beatha brings up suppressed emotions faster than the pipe breathing (which also brings up suppressed emotions, only more slowly). You can always continue doing the beatha when you think you are ready for it. You can even start the beatha again slowly by doing only the long breaths, then continue on to the moderate breaths and, then, when ready, add the faster breaths. Or any combination of them; such as doing just the longer and moderate breaths, but not doing the faster ones.

Glad you realized that you were forcing your breathing in the breatha. Hopefully, you have corrected it. ;-)

About the feelings that are continuing to come up. If they are too overwhelming, you may want to stop the beatha for a while as the beatha brings up suppressed emotions faster than the pipe breathing (which also brings up suppressed emotions, only more slowly). You can always continue doing the beatha when you think you are ready for it. You can even start the beatha again slowly by doing only the long breaths, then continue on to the moderate breaths and, then, when ready, add the faster breaths. Or any combination of them; such as doing just the longer and moderate breaths, but not doing the faster ones.

Thank you Nienna, yes I corrected it and it was much better indeed.
Concerning your good advice, I did it indeed intuitively and stopped the beatha for a while. I didn't know the emotionnal effect difference between the pipe breathing and the beatha, nor for the different possibilities of combination, thank you

Thank you cassiopaea for Eiriu Eolas.
I do it daily and results are indeed... cumulative.

Hi Hitsu, don't forget that you should not overdo the bioenergetic/beatha breathing part (maximum two times a week). The other parts can be done daily without any harm. The full program is done on Mondays and Thursday, but whatever days suit you most.

I decided to include the Baha portion tonight and it resulted in a strange and semi-distressing experience.

During Baha my hands started to tingle intensely up to the point of my forearms. Toward the end of the Baha section it felt as if blood circulation was being restricted as my thumbs started to close shut into my hands.

As I moved into the Meditation, I was lying there with a blanket over me and started to get REALLY hot. I attributed this to the blankets and my space heater. So I removed the blanket and turned the space heater off and turned the fan on high to help me cool down.

This did nothing.

I just got hotter and hotter as I moved through the meditation even though I don't think I was physically hot.

It got to a point to where I couldn't take the heat or the intense feeling of it anymore and panicked. I had to get up immediately and go straight into a shower to cool off and calm down. It also took a little while for my hands to return to normal.

I guess I'm wondering if I have some kind of energy blockages in my arms to my hands, or if there's something wrong with me physically for my thumbs to contract as they did. Also want to note that I was breathing gently during the Baha portion of it. Perhaps it is just too much for me right now.

Hi Andrew,

It's hard to tell without actually knowing how you breathe... not only in terms of gentleness but also in terms of speed and and the parts of the body you use for breathing. Do you feel difficulty when doing any other part of the program? Do you feel as if you're somewhat stiff and it's hard to get the air flowing?

What you describe sounds like a hyperventilation episode:

Hyperventilation is a condition in which you start to breathe very fast. Healthy breathing occurs with a healthy balance between breathing in oxygen and breathing out carbon dioxide. You upset this balance when you hyperventilate by exhaling more than you inhale. This causes a rapid reduction in carbon dioxide in the body.

Low carbon dioxide levels lead to narrowing of the blood vessels that supply blood to the brain. This reduction in blood supply to the brain leads to symptoms like lightheadedness and tingling in the fingers. Severe hyperventilation can lead to loss of consciousness.

From my experience, when blood pressure changes rapidly, one can experiment surges of temperature, or the opposite as well, that is, low body temperature or cold sensation.

I'd say that there's a possibility that it is some sort of release as well, but then, I guess it would be better to continue without the Beatha for a while, doing the other portions of the program which would also help you release what needs to be released in a more gradual way and would also train your breathing so that the Beatha portion is easier in case it is hyperventilation.

I started doing the EE program this evening, and just before finishing the 3 Stage Breathing and beginning The Warrior's Breath, I burst into tears at the thought of fathers running in the back of my mind. In part of my own father, and in addition to that something akin to Universal Father Energy. What Jordan Peterson talks about in the concept or analogy of 'rescuing your father from the belly of the beast/whale', and the Pinnocho story of wanting to return home, only to arrive home and find no one there.

Something along the lines of more than one type of fatherly energy, on a spectrum or multiple intersecting, interactive spectrums, with one ranging from negative to positive, or good and evil contextually. An idea of 3 father archetypes came to mind: the good father, the bad father, and the unknown father. And then I cried even more at a thought about a fatherless society, or a society with a father that abuses or misuses maternal energy (maternal/paternal can be used synonimously with mother/father, "father" is just the word that came up).

The thought that started it was: "Where are you, father?"

I feel that there's going to be more tears to come surrounding this. Now I'm questioning whether to continue with the full program or skip the Beatha portion? I do the full program twice weekly, and the Meditation portion before bed daily. I am having a hard time remembering the last time I broke into tears and had a restricted sensation in my throat, on the right side particularly, as I just experienced tonight.

Thanks for sharing, SMM. Sounds like some important processing is going on for you there. Especially interesting is that you encountered not only the theme of your own father, but that of different archetypes - thereby widening your internal scope or landscape, which is really useful for healing.

I feel that there's going to be more tears to come surrounding this.

Now I'm questioning whether to continue with the full program or skip the Beatha portion? I do the full program twice weekly, and the Meditation portion before bed daily. I am having a hard time remembering the last time I broke into tears and had a restricted sensation in my throat, on the right side particularly, as I just experienced tonight.

I think that as long as you don't feel overwhelmed, you can keep doing the full program twice a week. If however you feel that you need some time now to process what's been coming up, you can just leave out the Beatha portion until you think it's okay for you again to resume it. It depends on how intensely the theme is effecting you, and, if you want to be on the safe side, just leave out the bioenergetic part for a while.

Hi everyone,
First of all, I want to sincerely thank Laura and the team for all of this work.

For many years, I wondered about starting the program but I always thought it wasn't the right time, that I didn't need it at the moment. Today I think it was a mistake based on misunderstanding of both the program and myself.

Last week I started it with 2 full sessions and a little meditation everyday in my bed before sleeping. I'll try to keep it that way.

For now, I think it's too soon to see any improvement and I am not generally stressed except nowadays thanks to some changes in my life.

I can do it fully without any kind of emotional difficulty or else although I have to stay really focused to do the round pipe breathing (not sure I'm doing it perfectly though !).,
I don't like the Beatha breathing since it's not really enjoyable to force the breathing.

Concerning the physical effects, when I do the full program, I can feel quickly some tinkles in my fingers. Besides, each time I do the meditation part, I get really cold even covered in my bed with 22°.
By the way, it is funny because the first time I watched Laura saying that it was possible for some people to fade away without even notice it during the prayer of the soul, I thought it couldn't happen to me but, in fact, it really did !
It reminded me when I got a general anesthesia before a surgery when I was younger. The nurse told me :"count until 10", and I counted while I was thinking "Does he really think I won't be able to count until 10 ? Then I think I slept at 5 hahahaha

So, during the meditation, I thought I would focus all the time on the voice of Laura but after several minutes, I got lost somewhere. When I came back to myself (I don't say that I woke up because it didn't feel that way), the audio had stopped and I felt good, relaxed and calm.

I will share what's coming next if I think it can be interesting for you.

See you.

I can do it fully without any kind of emotional difficulty or else although I have to stay really focused to do the round pipe breathing (not sure I'm doing it perfectly though !).,
I don't like the Beatha breathing since it's not really enjoyable to force the breathing.

Concerning the physical effects, when I do the full program, I can feel quickly some tinkles in my fingers. Besides, each time I do the meditation part, I get really cold even covered in my bed with 22°.
It's good that you have started doing EE. I'd like to mention something about the quoted statement you made above; throughout the entire EE program, you should breathe gently, not forcefully. During the Beatha, you should breathe gently in and out without a pause in between the in and out. You do not need to breathe forcefully. Even during the fastest part of Beatha, just breathe gently in and out without a pause. You don't have to take full breaths. Just gently breathe in as for as long as you have until you breathe out again. (I hope I'm making sense.) The objective is to do continual breathing, not continual breathing of full breathes. This should also help a bit with the tingling that you are experiencing.

Hope that helps. :-)

It's good that you have started doing EE. I'd like to mention something about the quoted statement you made above; throughout the entire EE program, you should breathe gently, not forcefully. During the Beatha, you should breathe gently in and out without a pause in between the in and out. You do not need to breathe forcefully. Even during the fastest part of Beatha, just breathe gently in and out without a pause. You don't have to take full breaths. Just gently breathe in as for as long as you have until you breathe out again. (I hope I'm making sense.) The objective is to do continual breathing, not continual breathing of full breathes. This should also help a bit with the tingling that you are experiencing.

Hope that helps. :-)

Adding to the above: The goal of the program is that you feel relaxed and comfortable. When you feel the tingling for example keep on breathing normally and best with your belly and see how that feels. It takes some time till you get used to all the different sensations (learning how to do them etc.) and even in my case some learning was involved how to be able to relax ;-).

My EE DVD arrived today :thup: . I am looking forward to clearing the decks so that I can give this some proper attention. I would normally read a thread before joining in but given it is 460 pages I hope I can be forgiven for not doing so on this occasion! :-/ I have dabbled with EE before from the Youtube video so I expect I shall have questions on aspects I don't quite grok. So apologies in advance for any and all noob questions I might have :-[.

Back
Top Bottom