Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

I've had a couple of entries sitting in my EE journal for weeks so maybe it is the time share them here. EE has been for me an overall soothing and peaceful process interspersed with a few high intensity psychosomatic and emotional releases. The two events I'm about to relate happened almost a month apart from each other and lasted 30min to an hour.

During the first release there was a lot of crying and grimacing. It was as if my mouth was pried open in order to pour some liquid then I was choked/strangled. My whole body wailed as if to free itself then it curled up in a ball, perhaps under the weight of the original event's suffering.

The second was some kind of follow up. Same introduction with crying and grimacing then what seemed like a torture session began. It was as if someone (or something) tried to pull up my shoulder blades and rip them off of my body. It went for quite while then again I curled up as if something was pressing on my shoulders, forcibly trying to make them touch.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. I don't mind those episodes as they don't bring up any emotional distress nor are they painful (the contortions are merely uncomfortable after some length of time). In any case, even though they are merely "echoes" of past suffering I can't help but cry out of empathy for whomever had to live such atrocities first hand (whatever they might have been).

I'm pleased to say I resumed EE since my return here. I've done it 9 times over the last 13 days, so glad about that. Be even gladder if it was 13/13 of course. My legs exhibit a really uncomfortable sensation during EE. That makes sense though as I've been dealing with leg issues since 2018. Pain in right leg - limping etc. Al sorts of other symptoms. I believe it's actually a back issue. Constant lower back pain. Anyway, in terms of EE I would not be surprised if the uncomfortable sensation is cause by the increased oxygen to my legs from the breathing, and the sensation is part of a healing process. We'll see.

I'm pleased to say I resumed EE since my return here. I've done it 9 times over the last 13 days, so glad about that. Be even gladder if it was 13/13 of course. My legs exhibit a really uncomfortable sensation during EE. That makes sense though as I've been dealing with leg issues since 2018. Pain in right leg - limping etc. Al sorts of other symptoms. I believe it's actually a back issue. Constant lower back pain. Anyway, in terms of EE I would not be surprised if the uncomfortable sensation is cause by the increased oxygen to my legs from the breathing, and the sensation is part of a healing process. We'll see.

Congrats for jumping back on the EE train successfully ! I hope you'll find a way to diminish/eliminate the pain/uncomfortable sensations so that you may continue long term :-)
The position you're in while doing EE might also be a factor (especially with back issues). Are you practicing lying down or in a sitting position ?

Are the uncomfortable sensations throughout the EE session or just on some particular exercise ? Maybe reducing or removing Round Breathing and/or Warrior Breath practice for a while might also help as they are (from what I understand) the exercises that bring in the most oxygen.

Congrats for jumping back on the EE train successfully ! I hope you'll find a way to diminish/eliminate the pain/uncomfortable sensations so that you may continue long term :-)
The position you're in while doing EE might also be a factor (especially with back issues). Are you practicing lying down or in a sitting position ?

Are the uncomfortable sensations throughout the EE session or just on some particular exercise ? Maybe reducing or removing Round Breathing and/or Warrior Breath practice for a while might also help as they are (from what I understand) the exercises that bring in the most oxygen.
Thanks Recto. I've tried all positions, sitting in chair, cross-legged on floor, and lying down. The feeling in my legs comes in all those positions. I welcome the oxygen delivery, and it's not unbearable, so I'll just continue and expect healing. Patience has its own reward, as they say :)

Oh wow! Look what I just found:

Laura said:
June 27, 1998

"Q: Okay, I have been having this sensation of an electrical charge building up in my legs and I would like to know what I can do to discharge this. All the muscles are hard and uncomfortable.

A: Molecular changes due to DNA evolving."

Time for an EE session right now.

Oh wow! Look what I just found:

Laura said:
June 27, 1998

"Q: Okay, I have been having this sensation of an electrical charge building up in my legs and I would like to know what I can do to discharge this. All the muscles are hard and uncomfortable.

A: Molecular changes due to DNA evolving."

Time for an EE session right now.
Just had an incredible EE session. When I got to the bio-energetic breathing stage I heard, for the first time, Laura say do it 'slow and gentle' - so I did. This would be because Nienna, in response to another member, wrote:

"... I am wondering if you are doing the Beatha (Ba-Ha) breathing too forcefully? The breathing should be gentle. You don't have to get full breaths, you just need to be breathing continually without a pause between the inhale and exhale. So you breath gently in until it's time to exhale, which you do, without a pause, and breathe gently out, and repeat all without a pause.

Many people, myself included, were breathing forcefully trying to get full breaths in and out. Speaking for myself, I was getting tingling fingers and hands a bit dizzy. Then, one of the times I realized that Laura said to breath gently. So I did. And it made quite a difference."

What followed were sensations of bliss. Once into the meditation I kept drifting off into different states of tranquility and peace. That previously uncomfortable sensation in my legs was milder, and no longer uncomfortable. And it went higher in my body, into my hips.

Throughout my life I always chose the 'nuclear' option. Massive pain, massive gain, and quickly. So I was attacking EE like Ryan (breathing like a bellows) Actually listening to everything Laura said, and in particular 'slow and gentle' has changed my experience of EE. I now look forward to doing it as a welcome experience with potential massive gains, rather than an endurance test.

Thanks to Laura and Nienna

Last edited:
Vic, I was going to post that again about the breathing gently, but was not sure as I hadn't heard (that I remembered) of it affecting the legs. I'm glad that you had read it before and heard Laura saying to breathe slowly and gently and realized you weren't doing that and started breathing more slowly and gently. So glad that it helped you. :-)

Vic, I was going to post that again about the breathing gently, but was not sure as I hadn't heard (that I remembered) of it affecting the legs. I'm glad that you had read it before and heard Laura saying to breathe slowly and gently and realized you weren't doing that and started breathing more slowly and gently. So glad that it helped you. :-)
Thanks, Nienna. Yes it greatly improved my experience with Éiriú-Eolas. My last two attempts have been 'interesting' though. By the end of the pipe-breathing stage I became tired. I managed to move into the warrior breathing but struggled to keep my eyes open, By the first few bio-energetic breaths I was asleep. Both times. I woke up to the post prayer/meditation music. Hopefully the prayer was picked up by my subconscious.

Both attempts were around midday, so the day was young.

Will try again tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised, we have put up the first part of a three part series teaching the breathing techniques recommended by the Cs:
Éiriú Eolas
As you can see below, we are working on the video portion and there will be a final audio segment.
[...]
The Eíriú-Eolas Breathing Program is now available online!!!
The set contains 1 DVD and 2 CDs.
The Limited Special Edition comes with an autographed copy of the Prayer of the Soul.

It's been exactly 12 years since this thread was started, so:
Happy Birthday EE! :cheer::wizard:

A huge thank you to Laura and all involved in creating this amazing program and making it possible to see the light of the day! :love:
It's been a life-changer for me and I even dear say a life-saver in more than just one occasion. :flowers:

Hello Mrs. Laura.
I have been here recently, I come from Poland and I am here now.
My name is Marcin.

I have some issues to solve. Not knowing the customs here, I have a question, is it possible to talk to you?
I am currently in what you call a pen, because I do not participate in this forum, but I already have many springs behind me and a lot of experience :-)

Greetings!

As promised, we have put up the first part of a three part series teaching the breathing techniques recommended by the Cs:

Éiriú Eolas

As you can see below, we are working on the video portion and there will be a final audio segment.

wiry%20domowe.jpg

UPDATE:

The Eíriú-Eolas Breathing Program is now available online!!!

The set contains 1 DVD and 2 CDs.

The Limited Special Edition comes with an autographed copy of the Prayer of the Soul.

Miami Video Production Company

wow! its been a while and the thread is still alive! what an awesome people we have here!

:welcome: martina to our forum. Seeing this is one of your first posts on the forum, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc.

I started EE at the beginning of the week. Finally, I've started EE! I have been beating around the bush for several months because meditation is not easy for me. I have only done 2 sessions and I need to review my breathing (not gentle enough on bioenergetic breathing), on the good advice of this thread. But I went through with no problem. I have already noticed less stress. I can't wait to continue. :clap:

Back
Top Bottom