EMF Exposure

voyageur said:
- Hundreds of thousands are targeted. It is incredibly easy, breaking the average person down in just 30 hours – you are hallucinating. Synthetic telepathy (microwaves) to the brain – can say anything - plant voices about anything in anybody – you will come to rely on this voice – like heroin.

- Can’t prove anything – you are just mad, locked away.

- Discussed someone he knew who was killed; possibly this way. [reminded me of Dr Kelly (who knows)].

- There are people who can resist.

- % who can or can’t? I know that they took 500,000 people – they did not publish (10% not, 80-90% can - not really sure).

This sounds just like what Tek Nath Rizal went through at the hands of his jailers and on the order of the king of Bhutan.

On a side note, I just finished Illion's In Secret Tibet. In the back of the book there is a pic of the Dalai Lama with the teenage king of Bhutan seated on his left. The D Lama wears his typical good natured smile while the king wears an ugly looking scowl. At Tek's website (http://teknathrizal.com/) there is a pic of this king taken during Tek's time there. Apparently the king's disposition hasn't changed much.

Just saw a newly released British documentary called 'Resonance-beings of frequency'. It's really well done and shows many of the angles that have been covered in this thread. Facebook material.

It covers:
Circadian rythms; Dr. Luc Montagnier DNA water experiments & Schuman frequency; Bird and bee die-offs relating it to the effects on cryptochrome molecule in birds and insects, Electro sensitivity; The Essex experiment and it's industry funding (MTHR); Masts - symptoms and cancer; ICNIRP industry adviced guidelines; Dr Nora Volkow's cellphone study showing brains glucose consumption and energy absorption rates while being radiated.(S.A.R); Melatonin reduction and cell reparation; Autism.

http://vimeo.com/54189727

parallel said:
Just saw a newly released British documentary called 'Resonance-beings of frequency'. It's really well done and shows many of the angles that have been covered in this thread. Facebook material.

It covers:
Circadian rythms; Dr. Luc Montagnier DNA water experiments & Schuman frequency; Bird and bee die-offs relating it to the effects on cryptochrome molecule in birds and insects, Electro sensitivity; The Essex experiment and it's industry funding (MTHR); Masts - symptoms and cancer; ICNIRP industry adviced guidelines; Dr Nora Volkow's cellphone study showing brains glucose consumption and energy absorption rates while being radiated.(S.A.R); Melatonin reduction and cell reparation; Autism.

Thank you for sharing. Scary indeed.

[quote author=parallel]
Barrie Trower, former MI5 agent, that was mentioned here is interviewed by white.tv. He talks about how agencies target groups and individuals, but also talks about genetic EMF damage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxrBLO1rAMM&feature=share
[/quote]

It was a pretty good presentation. Felt little uneasy at the end for the solution he is presenting. - he thinks kings can influence the people to demand and control the govt. He seems to have forgotten the power structure and power of media. He seems to have little pumped up at the end, he thinks he can expose every thing.

are there any way to quantify the one's sensitivity to the radiation ?. Of course it impacts at the cellular level, but some gets effected immediately ( headaches etc.) , others it will show after years. I was trying to understand some un easyness at work , not sure what it is.

seek10 said:
are there any way to quantify the one's sensitivity to the radiation ?. Of course it impacts at the cellular level, but some gets effected immediately ( headaches etc.) , others it will show after years. I was trying to understand some un easyness at work , not sure what it is.

I'm not aware of any tests that can determine one's sensitivity other than exposure itself. Unfortunately for many, crossing the threshold to sensitivity (via exposure) is a one-way trip, and many of these individuals remain sensitive for life. I think its important to remember that EMF exposure (of all types) appears to be cumulative so periods of high exposure can be offset by periods of very low exposure - that is, up until a threshold is crossed and the threshold seems to be individual.

I do think that diet as described in the LWB and Ketogenic diet threads is likely to be very protective - not to mention periodic detox and glutathione support.

seek10 said:
This is a very good question which has occupied my mind also. Sensitive people react differently to various EMF sources. There is also a difference between LF and HF fields. It has been found that people react differently even to different frequencies which is why some EMF frequencies are called ‘aggressive’, though I must add that they are basically all aggressive. There are only marginal differences. For instance, 3G is considered worse than 2G, Wi-Fi worse than cordless phones. But in the end, they are all very bad and hazardous in one way or another.
In my case: I consider Wi-Fi and mobile transmissions as the most hazardous sources currently. I sense strong HF emissions within seconds but not LF. For long term exposure, something below 0.05-0.1 µW/m² for HF is save in my case. This is a very artificial measurement and may not reflect objective levels but is roughly what applies according to observation and experience. This lies within the range of sensitivity. Hypersensitive people need ten or hundred times lower levels or no EMF at all.

Here is a relevant page on EMF control although from the perspective of an audio hobbyist. More on this topic can be found in the Mains Stuff section on the left.

http://www.acoustica.org.uk/other/filter.html

I have been somewhat apprehensive about the idea of plugging capacitors into the wall and this page illustrates what I suspected, though I sort of wonder if he got the measurements switched. I know his comments on resonances are valid. Capacitors are just V/I converters, they don't dissipate any energy. His suggested 1uF+47R snubber after the mains filter makes a lot of sense. Virtually every part of a supply before the rectifiers can resonate; afterwards not so much. I measured one transformer's secondary to resonate at 500KHz. I was surprised that the sound from the amp was subjectively much clearer after applying a snubber.

Many audio hobbyists obsess over clean power, much to the bemusement of engineers who "know better". I myself find it hard to dismiss the ways an amp's sound can change from modifications which from an engineering perspective should not make any difference; not an audible one at least. It would explain many things and wouldn't surprise me if the problem had nothing to do with the amplifier at all, just EMF caused by the supply, and possibly transmitted through the speakers.

This could be useful!

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB126221116097210861-lMyQjAxMTIwNjAyMTIwMTExWj.html

It wouldn't be hard to set up chicken wire shields in the house. It would not be pretty though.

parallel said:

It covers:

Thanks for posting this, parallel -- I finally watched it yesterday and agree that it's quite good. I also checked out the site www.antennasearch.com that Nora Gedgaudas mentions in PBPM for my daily dose of horror.

Got some GW filters and the Stetzer meter a few days ago.

Readings inside our bedroom were around 40gs before filters. Now at between 10 - 20 depending on which wall I check. Wall adjacent to our kitchen is highest at around 30, due to the fridge I suppose.

In our office I get about 50 nearest my computer at the wall outlet running in a "reduced" mode where I only have on what I need. It sits around 70 if my wife's computer is on, on the other side of the room. She gets 50 at her wall with the computer off, and a staggering 350 when her computer is on - at the wall outlet and the power strip. Throughout the house readings are between 30 - 50, so definitely more filtering is needed.

When I first started reading this thread a week or so ago, I stopped using a Powerline (Ethernet over power) adapter and instead ran a CAT5 cable. The way the outlets run in the office, the Powerline was basically going around in a "U" shape around my desk. Since removing it I have been less irritable. Also, one of my cats is in heat, she started a few days ago, right when we got the filters. She is normally very, very vocal, however she has been incredibly quiet by comparison since installing the filters. She is about 6 years old, and we've had her since she was born. So we have every time she has ever been in heat for comparison, and by far, this has been the quietest "heat" for her ever. It's really incredible how different her behavior has been, and I feel sure it has to do with reducing the RF noise from the dirty power.

Some things that are confusing for me:

I did some testing earlier tonight with the Powerline adapter plugged into the power-strip. Measurements at the outlet did not change, but measurements on the same power strip were off the charts. We did a test download across that link and at the strip the lowest measurement I got was 1950gs. So how can it be that on the strip I see so much noise, but at the other outlet on the same receptacle there is no apparent change? I can say with it plugged in and active I did not feel well, especially crouched down in that corner where everything is plugged in. I wouldn't say I am ES since that term apparently applies to people with a debilitating sensitivity, but I am definitely sensitive to it nonetheless.

I noticed there appears to be some noise cancellation in effect for different power sources. For instance, unplugging my VoIP adapter and powered phone actually increases measurements by ~10gs at outlet and power strip. At my wife's side of the office, like I mentioned, when her computer is on she gets 350. But if I unplug just the LCD monitor it spikes up to 450. So is that noise cancellation then? Some of the RF is at the same exact frequency thereby cancelling each other out?

Since putting the filters in I have been sleeping better, and having an easier time going to bed at night; very thankful for that. We will definitely be getting more of these GW filters. Seeing these measurements and noticing the difference in behavior makes me want to put two filters at every receptacle throughout our entire apartment - using short "stubby" extension cords for the top outlet.

As a side note, for anyone who does not have any filters or meter yet, I noticed that just shutting off the switch on the power strip does not change measurements - at least not on mine. So I would suggest actually unplugging your stuff when not in use, just hitting the switch on the strip might not be enough. My guess is that the switch only breaks one side of the circuit. Doesn't allow voltage to flow but does permit noise to be injected back into the AC lines.

It sounds your house wiring may be resonating due to undamped power filters internal to the appliances, and each time you plug or unplug a device the resonant modes of the wiring changes. If so, the name of the game will be to space the appliance plugs so that resonances are at frequencies not excited by the appliances themselves (resonator roulette!). You may try plugging appliances into sockets on different walls for instance. This is just speculation on my part. Try using snap-on ferrite RF filters; I think you can get them from Radio Shack.

I think there is much more to the house wiring EMF idea than just wires carrying RF. Every appliance may have multiple ultrasonic and RF resonators, and may also form a resonant circuit with the house wiring. I think we could develop a modular filtering architecture that much more effectively addresses the issue. Conventional power filters, because they have no self-damping, can create EMF frequency spikes and so may only shift the problem. I have just recently been dealing with this problem myself and have been working on developing the circuitry needed. Is it possible others here have a suitable background and would be interested in brainstorming on this? Such a solution could perhaps be more cost-effective than the socket filters.

ignis.intimus said:
Got some GW filters and the Stetzer meter a few days ago.

Readings inside our bedroom were around 40gs before filters. Now at between 10 - 20 depending on which wall I check. Wall adjacent to our kitchen is highest at around 30, due to the fridge I suppose.

In our office I get about 50 nearest my computer at the wall outlet running in a "reduced" mode where I only have on what I need. It sits around 70 if my wife's computer is on, on the other side of the room. She gets 50 at her wall with the computer off, and a staggering 350 when her computer is on - at the wall outlet and the power strip. Throughout the house readings are between 30 - 50, so definitely more filtering is needed.
Ambient unfiltered 30-50 readings are quite good and low compared to most homes (in my experience). Computers/peripherals and other appliances are bad noise generators. Any digital equipment that stays powered on (including plugged-in transformers) even in stand-by, will add noise to the home grid. In areas of heavy digital use (including stereo/TV/etc) I like to use a GS power strip (I don't think GW has one available yet). The GS powerstrip has 2 internal filters attached to 2 rows of outlets that will take care of much of the noise before it ever gets to the main socket. You can plug a GW filter into the GS powerstrip to take care of the ground circuit.

ignis.intimus said:
When I first started reading this thread a week or so ago, I stopped using a Powerline (Ethernet over power) adapter and instead ran a CAT5 cable. The way the outlets run in the office, the Powerline was basically going around in a "U" shape around my desk. Since removing it I have been less irritable. Also, one of my cats is in heat, she started a few days ago, right when we got the filters. She is normally very, very vocal, however she has been incredibly quiet by comparison since installing the filters. She is about 6 years old, and we've had her since she was born. So we have every time she has ever been in heat for comparison, and by far, this has been the quietest "heat" for her ever. It's really incredible how different her behavior has been, and I feel sure it has to do with reducing the RF noise from the dirty power.

Ethernet over the home grid should be prohibited (imo). That puts high frequency noise on the home grid that extends way beyond what the GS meter can even measure (you would need a spectrum analyzer to measure it). Its no surprise that everyone will feel better with this confined to the Cat 5. In addition, these frequencies are so high that you can get antenna-like radiation of the RF from the wiring (if the wiring is not shielded in metal conduit). This noise can also appear on your neighbor's home grid. Since the GW filters operate to 500MHz, they will protect you from neighbors that use this technology - GS filters are matched (roughly) to what the GS meter can measure (150-200 KHz) so they will not protect you from this.

ignis.intimus said:
Some things that are confusing for me:

I did some testing earlier tonight with the Powerline adapter plugged into the power-strip. Measurements at the outlet did not change, but measurements on the same power strip were off the charts. We did a test download across that link and at the strip the lowest measurement I got was 1950gs. So how can it be that on the strip I see so much noise, but at the other outlet on the same receptacle there is no apparent change? I can say with it plugged in and active I did not feel well, especially crouched down in that corner where everything is plugged in. I wouldn't say I am ES since that term apparently applies to people with a debilitating sensitivity, but I am definitely sensitive to it nonetheless.

Everyone is sensitive to this stuff (including pets). ES folks have crossed a threshold of exposure (combined with bad diet/diabetes/toxins/etc) that makes them hypersensitive. On your tests, the GS meter is not giving you an accurate measurement of the high frequency noise power that the Powerline is inducing on the home grid (in the first place). There may be a good match to RF radiation at that point that you are not even measuring. And where the noise shows up can be a bizarre function of your home grid, wiring geometry, other things plugged in at the time, etc. This is why, when placing filters, you should re-check other outlets/sockets - you can easily reach a point where it is like squeezing on a balloon. When you reach this point, stop adding filters (more is not better). Stetzer and others have shown that too many filters can bring on ES symptoms in ES folk even though the GS meter reads moderately lower at all sockets. My guess would be that too many filters can create a matched impedance (to free space) for radiation of the noise power at RF. Your goal should be 30-50 with all appliances "on" and with the fewest number of filters.

1950 GS units and beyond is a terribly high reading. From long term epidemiological data associated with a CA middle school, Milham showed that these kind of levels resulted in an increased cancer risk of 26% per year (of exposure 8hrs per day).

ignis.intimus said:
I noticed there appears to be some noise cancellation in effect for different power sources. For instance, unplugging my VoIP adapter and powered phone actually increases measurements by ~10gs at outlet and power strip. At my wife's side of the office, like I mentioned, when her computer is on she gets 350. But if I unplug just the LCD monitor it spikes up to 450. So is that noise cancellation then? Some of the RF is at the same exact frequency thereby cancelling each other out?

No, cancellation can only occur if the noise sources are coherent - and they are not. Think of squeezing the balloon and check for changes at other sockets. This noise can even appear on your neighbor's home grid - its impossible to predict (without a Cray and some intense modeling).

ignis.intimus said:
Since putting the filters in I have been sleeping better, and having an easier time going to bed at night; very thankful for that. We will definitely be getting more of these GW filters. Seeing these measurements and noticing the difference in behavior makes me want to put two filters at every receptacle throughout our entire apartment - using short "stubby" extension cords for the top outlet.

Resist this temptation - use the balloon analogy to decide when to stop adding filters. Congrats on the improvements though!! They are real.

David Stetzer recommends that for the best possible performance, you should drop a socket near the panel box from both the "A" and "B" buses and stuff a filter in each one. This will catch the grid noise coming into your home before it enters the home grid. This is a simple job for an electrician - go to the H/W store or elec supply and buy 2 15amp breakers for your panel box.

ignis.intimus said:
As a side note, for anyone who does not have any filters or meter yet, I noticed that just shutting off the switch on the power strip does not change measurements - at least not on mine. So I would suggest actually unplugging your stuff when not in use, just hitting the switch on the strip might not be enough. My guess is that the switch only breaks one side of the circuit. Doesn't allow voltage to flow but does permit noise to be injected back into the AC lines.

Look into getting a GS power strip for those areas of intense us.

The cost of the GS meter is about $100, and for those that find this hard to afford, members or families/friends could chip in, share the cost, and ship the meter around.

Reactions: KJS
Thanks for the additional info LQB. Very good to know that more is not better when it comes to the filters. We live in an apartment so adding a socket right off the panel is not going to be possible. If we ever get a house I'll be sure to keep that in mind. We have been unplugging everything that we can when we are not using it. Only things that leaves is the fridge, washer/dryer, and some incandescent lights.

I've got Waugh's book arriving soon, which I hope will help me understand all this stuff better. But I wanted to ask, can you provide a very simple explanation of what these filters are doing? For me, and also so I can explain to my family who understand even less about electricity than I do. I'll parse more through this thread for the ill health effects, but I am looking for a very down and dirty explanation of what the filters actually do. Here is my basic understanding:

The filters basically absorb high-frequency noise caused by AC/DC converters, switching power supplies (like the kind in your computer that can run on 110v or 240v), and other things like CFL bulbs. This noise is similar to what would happen in a pipe with water flowing in it, where at a certain point in the pipe there is a valve that closes and opens very quickly. This valve, acting like a door opening and shutting very quickly, causes the water to flow back into the system. The analogy breaks down there, but obviously water flowing backwards is bad, because it leads to "turbulence" in the system. In the case of wires, this "turbulence" actually radiates off the wires into your living space, and depending on the frequency, into your body and cells.

ignis.intimus said:
Thanks for the additional info LQB. Very good to know that more is not better when it comes to the filters. We live in an apartment so adding a socket right off the panel is not going to be possible. If we ever get a house I'll be sure to keep that in mind. We have been unplugging everything that we can when we are not using it. Only things that leaves is the fridge, washer/dryer, and some incandescent lights.

I've got Waugh's book arriving soon, which I hope will help me understand all this stuff better. But I wanted to ask, can you provide a very simple explanation of what these filters are doing?
The original filters were designed by Prof Graham and David Stetzer with the objective to pass the 50/60Hz unmodified while filtering out the high frequency noise. If I remember right, this is done with a parallel network of RC (resistor/capacitor) elements that absorb the high frequency energy components. You can think of it as an audio filter that removes all ultra sound.

ignis.intimus said:
For me, and also so I can explain to my family who understand even less about electricity than I do. I'll parse more through this thread for the ill health effects, but I am looking for a very down and dirty explanation of what the filters actually do. Here is my basic understanding:

The filters basically absorb high-frequency noise caused by AC/DC converters, switching power supplies (like the kind in your computer that can run on 110v or 240v), and other things like CFL bulbs. This noise is similar to what would happen in a pipe with water flowing in it, where at a certain point in the pipe there is a valve that closes and opens very quickly. This valve, acting like a door opening and shutting very quickly, causes the water to flow back into the system. The analogy breaks down there, but obviously water flowing backwards is bad, because it leads to "turbulence" in the system. In the case of wires, this "turbulence" actually radiates off the wires into your living space, and depending on the frequency, into your body and cells.

Pretty close i.i. The valve that opens and closes very quickly in the water system will send pressure (voltage) and flow (current) waves (noise) along the water circuit. An analogy to the filter would be a pressure relief valve connected to the pipe system in parallel. The relief valve would open during pressure (voltage) spikes and release water (current) thus damping the pressure/flow waves (noise). The analogy to an electrical diode would be a check valve in the water line.

Neither the 60HZ or the switching noise on the grid will "radiate". Radiation means coupling to free space like your cell phone antenna does. In order for this to happen there must be a reasonably good match to the impedance of free space. This is what an antenna is designed to do - provide that impedance match. The grid wiring in your home is not designed to provide this match (thank goodness!) The chances for fortuitous resonant match to free space are very low for typical grid noise with extremely long wavelength. The reason I mentioned "radiation" in response to your Powerline is that the noise is very high frequency due to the high speed digital data - and the chances for a fortuitous match to free space are much greater.

The mechanism for the lower frequency (switching) noise (and 50/60Hz) is capacitive coupling via the electric grid (electric field) - just like the case of a comet in the solar system. In this analogy, the sun is like the home grid wiring. You are the comet moving through that electric field with induced voltage (and resulting current) that depends on your relationship to ground.

LQB said:
The mechanism for the lower frequency (switching) noise (and 50/60Hz) is capacitive coupling via the electric grid (electric field) - just like the case of a comet in the solar system. In this analogy, the sun is like the home grid wiring. You are the comet moving through that electric field with induced voltage (and resulting current) that depends on your relationship to ground.

To give a concrete example of this I made some measurements with a voltmeter.

In the house I'm living in now, I installed a separate shielded ground connected to a ground rod far away from the house ground and outside transformer. The other end of this new ground drops into my bedroom near the bed. All grid circuits in this house are contained in metal conduit, so the electric field is confined to the conduit except where wires emerge for connection to sockets or light fixtures. The bed itself has no metal except a light metal frame that is on insulated casters on concrete floor.

Sitting on the bed near the ground wire, there is a socket about 5 feet away. If I hold the voltmeter electrodes tightly in each hand and extend one hand toward the socket, I get a steady reading of about .2mV. If I do the same thing, only this time I ground myself and the other electrode with the other hand, I get a steady reading of about 13mV. This is 65 times the ungrounded reading. I increased the capacitive coupling by a factor of 65.

At 50/60Hz, the current travels on the surface of my skin (just like current on a wire travels on the surface of the wire). At these frequencies I look like a metal conductor. If I ground myself, this current goes up by a factor of 65. No harm though because this current passes on to ground. But the high frequency noise does not pass to ground - it is absorbed in tissue because I no longer look like a good conductor - more like a big resistor. So energy is absorbed in my body at the higher noise frequencies, and 65 times higher (in this example) if I ground myself.

This is why I think grounding yourself in the home for long periods habitually is not good.

Back
Top Bottom