Eric Pepin - Higher Balance Institute - Discussion

Hi Broadman,
My family has also been negatively affected by Eric Pepin and Higher Balance Institute. My nephew was 'recruited'a few years ago, and to see the deteriation in him as a person and with his relationship with his family is deeply saddening. I have no doubt that this so called spiritual group is a CULT, and believe me I have done my research also. I believe he is under powerful mind control and hypnosis techniques. I have listened to Eric Pepin's audio meditation discs with my own ears, and it quite frankly scared the hell out of me. I now know that it has not been my nephew's choice to detatch from his family and friends, he had no choice! He believes what he is doing is for the Universe, and this is his purpose on earth. He also believes that if he was to leave HBI he would be suicidal and suffer depression, and this is coming from a boy who loved life before this group. These sound like phobias that have been implanted in his mind to me. Eric is a danger to the Universe, and the more people that know this the better. And changing over from Higher Balance Institute to Mind-Mechanix doesn't fool anyone. we will never give up the fight for my nephew's freedom from this man, and one day he will see eric pepin for the creep that he is. I wish your family all the best with your battle too Broadman.

Hi Kombat,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

Hello Kombat,

Good to hear from you.
Sorry to hear that your nephew is another unsuspecting victim to have been taken advantage of. I totally understand and agree with all that you say, it sounds like a carbon copy of what my family is going through right now. Yes we are convinced that he is using mind-control and hypnosis on our family member. He has been told the same thing by Pepin and his tutors, he will get depression and may feel suicidal if he gives up HBI. It's those audio cd's that are sent out, they are really, really bad news, and the so called Psychic pill he is selling is really bad news too.

Why does no one stop this money and Ego driven freak. :evil: How does he get away with it? For heavens sake, he was a telemarketer for the Oregon newspaper 7 short years ago, until he fell out with the Editor and got sacked.
He seems a bit desperate right now though, member numbers down, money not coming in so quick, legal dept, some of his long time staff are doing better than he is at the moment I think.
What a massive ego he has. He calls himself a Spiritual person, you have got to be kidding, he is the farthest from being spiritual that I have ever seen or heard. Did anyone notice in August he had an auction to go to one of his retreats called, White Dragon. Only 30 spots were available, the bidding started at $500 to attend. Bidding supposedly went up to $5000. Yup he's real spiritual isn't he.

Best wishes for your nephew, you and your family, I hope you get your nephew the help he needs.
Keep up the good work,
Cheers
Ed

Kombat said:
My family has also been negatively affected by Eric Pepin and Higher Balance Institute. My nephew was 'recruited'a few years ago, and to see the deteriation in him as a person and with his relationship with his family is deeply saddening.

Hiya Kombat,

I'm so sorry to read about your nephew....unfortunately he's not the only young man taken in by Pepin. May I ask, how old was your nephew when he was "recruited" by Pepin?

Hi Guardian,
My nephew was only 18 years old when he clicked onto HBI website. He was at a stage in his life where he was lost and vunerable, and he was searching for that missing 'something'. Unfortunately that 'something' that he found was Eric Pepin, selling some sort of secret,mystical knowledge and the most advanced meditation system there is. What this leads to though is a much deeper, darker secret of hypnosis, mind control, detatchment from families, change of personality, deceit, total disconnection from old life and the list goes on.
This battle for saving the life of our nephew is very real and so very hard, but we will not let EP win this battle. I hope our story can warn others from being sucked in by the 'charms' of this man, and save another family the pain and suffering that we have felt.

Kombat

Broadman said:
How does he get away with it? For heavens sake, he was a telemarketer for the Oregon newspaper 7 short years ago, until he fell out with the Editor and got sacked.

If you haven't had a chance to read much on psychopathy, Broadman, you may be interested in reading some of these threads: Important threads - Psychopaths at Home, at work, and in the Garden. These threads may aid in answering some of your questions of why so many folks like Eric Pepin survive - and thrive on others.

Hi Broadman,
I feel the same as you. He definately is not recruiting as many people as he used to. I've noticed that one of his main teachers has a massive following on facebook. This person has transformed his facebook page into a live video and learning meditation techniques page, naming the site 'Mind-Mechanix', which you have to log your details into to gain access. Which funnily enough is the same name as HBI's new website. So i believe that E.Pepin is using his protege's popularity on facebook to gain new recruits for himself. Very sneaky! Please keep me informed with any news, and I will do the same. Take care.
Kombat

Hello SuperModerator

Thanks for that info, I hadn't read too much of that material before now. It's spot on!
Now after reading through some of that, I can already identify that Eric Pepin is a "Psychopath," I can see how he gets away with all that he does, it fits very well.

Of course my family member wont hear a bad word spoken about this man, his mind is so twisted right now that, he believes everything Pepin says. He ignores his lies, deceit and ego and see's him as some enlightened being.
My relative denies his beautiful young childhood and has replaced it with bitter memories, and falsehoods. His cousins and friends are devastated that he no longer regards them as family and good friends.
We don't have much contact with him now, he has cut himself off almost completely from his whole family. He believes we are the ones trying to control him, but of course it's "Pepin who Is controlling him."
We want to help him, but are at a standstill right now, we don't know where to go with this now.

I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that are going through this, or have been through it, I'd like to hear from you.

Cheers

Hi Kombat,

Thanks for the info. He is getting desperate isn't he. That's always a bit worrying though, when a so called "Guru" leader get's desperate, what will he do next.

Your story sounds very much like ours Kombat, I sympathize with you and your family, this is hard for us all.
I don't want to put you on the spot by asking too many questions, I think we both need to be careful that's all, but it does feel good to be talking with someone about this.

Good to hear from you

Ed

Hi Kombat and Broadman, since you both arrived recently to the forum and both have a connection to Pepin, I'm wondering if you could answer two quick questions for me. Is your interest in Pepin what brought you to this forum, via internet search? And, do you know each other? Apologies if you've covered this in any of your other posts, I'm just trying to get my bearings since most discussion on Pepin is quite old here and you both arrived and have revived this topic. Thanks.

Hello Anart,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I don't know who Kombat is, but would like to!
I can only speak for myself and say that, yes I did do an internet search, in fact many, many searches. I read all the past stuff and was discouraged to see that Eric Pepin is no longer a topic of conversation on your forum. It has taken me a long time to do this but, having recently talked to many good people out there in the Spiritual community, I was told this was the way to go. Quite a number of people that I spoke to recommended your site as having a good forum, to bring Pepin back into the limelight and alert people to who he really is. I guess it is working, I have got a few reply's, including Kombat's although I was expecting to get up the nose of some HBI staff and get some responses.
Like Kombat said, If it saves or helps just one person going through this, it's worth it.

Cheers

Broadman and Kombat, while I appreciate your issues with Eric Pepin and his ilk, this forum does not exist to rubbish Eric Pepin and his HBI; it has a more positive purpose: to help people awaken. If you are here for that purpose, then welcome; if you are here JUST to talk about Pepin, then please take it elsewhere. This thread is retained for historical purposes, but it is closed to the public so your comments will not be read by non-members nor picked up by google.

Hi Laura,

My apologies to you and all, for rehashing what was a sensitive and painful issue. I was not thinking as I should.
I will drop the EP issue and come back soon here with something more savory. But I will continue to pursue justice elsewhere.

Thank you to you and all, for the kind and generous welcome, It felt good to be amongst friends.

Cheers

Ed

Kombat said:
Hi Guardian,
My nephew was only 18 years old when he clicked onto HBI website.

"18" appears to be Pepin's favorite age for recruitment since he was charged with "using a child in a display of sexually explicit conduct" Since your nephew is of legal age, all you can really do (if you so choose) is tell people what's going on, and let them judge for themselves whether or not they want to financially support Pepin's operation.

I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through! If there is anything you would like to say publicly about Pepin (or any other predator in the Pagan/"New Age" community) please let me know, and I'll post it here. If you don't already have a blog, web page, etc. we'll be happy to give you a page where you can say whatever you wish about your your family's experience with Pepin (or any other predator)

Problematic Pagans
http://www.pagan.com/ProblematicPagans/index.html
"The Pagan Community is not immune to problematic people. We get our fair share of Trolls, Thieves, Plagiarists and Predators of all kinds. This is a collection of pages where the authors claim to have been plagiarized, ripped off, or otherwise abused and preyed upon by a PUBLIC Pagan or group. PLEASE note the word PUBLIC...in PUBLIC Pagan. No we will not post a link to your page explaining what a low life your ex is. We are very sorry if the child support is late, but NO PRIVATE GRIPES are allowed on this site! Community related crap only! The Problematic Pagans listed here have established themselves as PUBLIC FIGURES, and in doing so, they have opened themselves up to public scrutiny and criticism. They are self proclaimed Priests, Priestesses, Spiritual Teachers, Reverends, Directors of 501(c)3 's or Community Leaders of some kind. This site is not here to harass private individuals, it is here to monitor and report on the questionable activities of people who have taken on a Leadership position in the Pagan Community.

The other rule is post your proof. If an author has been plagiarized, they should show specifics... exact quotes, page numbers, etc. If someone claims to have been raped or assaulted he/she should, post the relevant court documents. You get the picture. Don't put up a web site accusing someone or some group of wrongdoing unless you are prepared to go to court. With that in mind, why not post the proof you would use in court and save yourself the trip?"

Eric Pepin already has several pages linked here:

Publicly Accused of Unacceptable Sexual Conduct in the Pagan Community
http://www.pagan.com/ProblematicPagans/index.html#Publicly_Accused_of_Unacceptable_Sexual

Laura said:
Broadman and Kombat, while I appreciate your issues with Eric Pepin and his ilk, this forum does not exist to rubbish Eric Pepin and his HBI;

What I find amusing is that I found this lovely forum while looking for information about Pepin too...and I have an entire website specifically designed to take out the rubbish :evil:

it has a more positive purpose: to help people awaken.

...and I am down with that too!! If you can get to these kids BEFORE the Pepins of the world get a chance to prey on them...I get to retire and raise pygmy goats. ;)

If you are here for that purpose, then welcome; if you are here JUST to talk about Pepin, then please take it elsewhere.

Pagan.com is a COMPLETELY separate entity, which Laura, Ark and the rest of the group have no control over. You'll note that I'm just another poster to this public, free forum. :)

If you (or anyone else) would like to come to my cyperhouse to discuss Pepin, I will relish every morsel of information you can give me about this monster, and I will use it to try an put and end to what I consider to be spiritual, sexual, and financial predation....no different than a Therapist sleeping with his/her vulnerable clients.

Back
Top Bottom