Explosion at fertilizer plant near Waco, Texas - Meteorite or comet fragment?

Re: Explosion hits fertilizer plant north of Waco, Texas

Here are some images of the crater. None seem to pinpoint exactly where it is. Where the plant building itself was?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/25/us/texas-explosion-plant

http://www.wlwt.com/news/national/Officials-Texas-blast-left-large-crater/-/9837944/19865724/-/jn9nr3/-/index.html (this story has an interesting title: "Authorities have eliminated natural gas as cause of explosion". No more 'fertilizer done it'?)

I was wondering why the firefighters who died would have been so close? Are they not trained in the potential explosive nature of these chemicals? Here's AP's answer: "Many of the people who died were volunteers. They knew the plant would blow up but stayed there to help evacuate a nursing home across the street." :huh:

Also, why has the owner been so quiet? No defending his company against the accusations nor asking for forgiveness?

In mainstream news, much blame seems to be directed at the state of Texas. Poor regulatory oversight etc. Wasn't Texas one of the states pushing for secession?

I came across this site - Strange Sounds. Really an interesting site that documents reported "loud booms" and earthquakes. It features a brief article on the fertilizer explosion with a few photos and 2 video's. The first video seems to show a better detail of the bright flash to the left. Unfortunately, the 2nd video has been removed "by owner."

http://strangesounds.org/2013/04/deadly-explosions-in-us-april-2013-after-bostons-terror-a-fertilizer-plant-explosion-texas-kills-70.html

SOTT give us interesting explanation and analyses of meteor fragment strike in fertilizer factory.
It looks that fire in factory was mask for meteor strike... some kind of cover up.
Didn't C's told us that lizzies can travel through time? If this is true, than there is no problem that they find out what was first place for meteor strike. After that they "call" somebody in Earth and sad: Burn factory in this place at that time.... and we had very bright and loud movie. first scene was burning factory, second scene was meteor strike. conclusion for mass was: fertilizer plant was in fire and exploded.

If there was no fire, than government would have very big problem to explain what happend. After explosion in Russia, people should start to ask questions.... and they won't to hear for now this kind of questions.

Light worker

It's probably nothing and I am probably connecting things in a tinted way but I can't help but to think of the Ghislenghien catastrophe in Belgium in 2004 due to a gaz leak (if that's what it was after all).

The french wikipedia entry states that rumbles were heard up to 20 km, people in the South of brussels heard an explosion, and some 11 ton heavy gaz pipe was projected in the air.

French :

_http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosion_de_gaz_de_Ghislenghien

Again in 2012 another deflagration was heard with rumbles and windows shaking in the area, interestingly enough it was blamed, maybe rightly so, to another explosion but the circumstances are a bit shady.

French :

_http://www.rtl.be/info/votreregion/hainaut/916249/ghislenghien-voici-d-ou-provient-la-deflagration-qui-a-fait-trembler-le-zoning-et-ses-riverains

Perhaps it was just that, a gaz leak, but with the numbers of gas leak explosions and houses or farms being burned to the ground around belgium I can't help but start to wonder if some of them are not of a cosmic origin ?

I see that SoTT has published a theory that a comet fragment was responsible for this explosion at the fertilizer plant in West, Texas, at: http://www.sott.net/article/261485-Something-impacted-the-fertilizer-plant-in-West-Texas-most-likely-a-Comet-fragment .

I'm not buying it.

I understand that cometary bombardment of Earth has been and remains a long term low-probability, high consequences danger, and that consciousness of this reality among the general population consistently has been either suppressed or played upon to their advantage by societies' governing elites. Laura and SoTT have worked for many years to promote popular recognition of the cometary threat to not only our human civilization but the very survival of life on this beautiful, resilient planet, and for this they deserve our recognition.

However, not everything that goes *boom* anywhere on Earth is an asteroid, comet or meteor strike. Actually, those possibilities are among the lowest probabilities for explaining any explosive event on this world. Yes, some do occur, but there are many more explosions than are due to celestial causes.

Therefore, whenever there is a notably energetic event - and we're not talking about the ridiculous false flag terrorism theatre 'bombs' in Boston (despite those state terror victims killed and injured) - it's always a good idea to be very skeptical of explanations that require such celestial interventions.

Specifically, if that big Texas fertilizer plant explosion was actually the result of a cometary fragment strike, are there any reports of a fireball or other inbound rock on that trajectory prior to that time? I haven't seen any, though something that survived to hit Earth's surface should have blazed the sky.

From the videos, if there was an overhead strike by something, it had to be on a very shallow path. That alone should suggest caution, since there are 180 degrees of vertical declination available to any space rock, but if something flew into that plant it was flying just a few degrees above horizontal. That alone should make one think that if there was some object that hit, it must have been a missile, rather than jump to the conclusion that it must have been a comet fragment. Those aren't common.

Or, more likely, there wasn't any external object. Ammonium nitrate is a strange chemical compound. It's mostly used as fertilizer. It will burn, but at room temperature it's not flammable. If it is heated to a certain temperature it can explode, and in specific conditions it can even detonate all at once like a real explosive. It seems likely that something like that happened at the site of this explosion, in that a combination of factors lead to a sudden explosion of gases in the smoke plume that set off the plant.

So, with all due respect, I'm not convinced by the cometary fragment strike theory. I'd sooner believe a cruise missile strike as a follow-up false flag terror event to Boston, to further scare the population.

griffin said:
I see that SoTT has published a theory that a comet fragment was responsible for this explosion at the fertilizer plant in West, Texas, at: http://www.sott.net/article/261485-Something-impacted-the-fertilizer-plant-in-West-Texas-most-likely-a-Comet-fragment .

I'm not buying it.

Fair enough. I haven't made up my mind either, but I want to point out a few things.

I understand that cometary bombardment of Earth has been and remains a long term low-probability, high consequences danger, and that consciousness of this reality among the general population consistently has been either suppressed or played upon to their advantage by societies' governing elites.

While full-on cometary bombardment may be low-probability, I think airburst phenomena (i.e., relatively small comet fragments that explode in mid-air, or close to the ground) are probably more common than people think.

However, not everything that goes *boom* anywhere on Earth is an asteroid, comet or meteor strike.

No one said they were, to my knowledge. But in this case, the other options just don't seem very likely, which is why the idea was proposed.

Therefore, whenever there is a notably energetic event - and we're not talking about the ridiculous false flag terrorism theatre 'bombs' in Boston (despite those state terror victims killed and injured) - it's always a good idea to be very skeptical of explanations that require such celestial interventions.

I think we should be skeptical of ALL explanations, until evidence is provided to give a reasonably good idea of the cause. In this case, given the peculiarities, it looks like some sort of projectile caused the explosion, based on the videos, but it doesn't seem likely that it was a missile, unless it can be shown that the light phenomenon in the videos is consistent with one.

Specifically, if that big Texas fertilizer plant explosion was actually the result of a cometary fragment strike, are there any reports of a fireball or other inbound rock on that trajectory prior to that time? I haven't seen any, though something that survived to hit Earth's surface should have blazed the sky.

Not necessarily. Comments have been made about the cloud cover that day. Plus, I don't think all daytime events are clearly visible (which I think is why daytime fireballs are rarer than nighttime ones).

From the videos, if there was an overhead strike by something, it had to be on a very shallow path. That alone should suggest caution, since there are 180 degrees of vertical declination available to any space rock, but if something flew into that plant it was flying just a few degrees above horizontal. That alone should make one think that if there was some object that hit, it must have been a missile, rather than jump to the conclusion that it must have been a comet fragment. Those aren't common.

Well, Tunguska was estimated to be 30 degrees. Do you have some statistics on approach angles for events like this? I'd be curious to see some information. And judging from the videos I've seen, I find it hard to judge the angle of the possible incoming object. Again, it would be cool to have some analysis to show what we know and what we don't know.

griffin said:

I'm not buying it.

I understand that cometary bombardment of Earth has been and remains a long term low-probability, high consequences danger, and that consciousness of this reality among the general population consistently has been either suppressed or played upon to their advantage by societies' governing elites. Laura and SoTT have worked for many years to promote popular recognition of the cometary threat to not only our human civilization but the very survival of life on this beautiful, resilient planet, and for this they deserve our recognition.

However, not everything that goes *boom* anywhere on Earth is an asteroid, comet or meteor strike. Actually, those possibilities are among the lowest probabilities for explaining any explosive event on this world. Yes, some do occur, but there are many more explosions than are due to celestial causes.

Or, more likely, there wasn't any external object. Ammonium nitrate is a strange chemical compound. It's mostly used as fertilizer. It will burn, but at room temperature it's not flammable. If it is heated to a certain temperature it can explode, and in specific conditions it can even detonate all at once like a real explosive. It seems likely that something like that happened at the site of this explosion, in that a combination of factors lead to a sudden explosion of gases in the smoke plume that set off the plant.

So, with all due respect, I'm not convinced by the cometary fragment strike theory. I'd sooner believe a cruise missile strike as a follow-up false flag terror event to Boston, to further scare the population.

Well nobody's saying for sure that this was a MOCF strike, but I'd say the theory is at least as compelling as some unlucky combination of wind, heat, storage etc, causing the explosion.

Some of your points have already been addressed in this thread, you might want to give it a read.

1. There are far too many rocks flying around for us to track, at least in the public domain
2. Fireballs frequently fly at near-horizontal trajectories
3. The low cloud cover, plus smoke, would make it extremely difficult to see a fireball entering the scene, maybe even invisible to the human eye depending on speed, though we can't be sure of this.
4. The light on the video before the explosion is very similar to the extremely bright and short burst of light that comes when fireballs ignite in the atmosphere (see the recent Argentina fireball video, for instance).

The missile theory is the least likely of all IMO. Why fire a missile at some obscure fertiliser plant, and then not use the opportunity to play on people's fears? To me, at least, the symbolism of this event seems to be something that the Universe would come up with, rather than the human powers that be.

light worker said:
SOTT give us interesting explanation and analyses of meteor fragment strike in fertilizer factory.
It looks that fire in factory was mask for meteor strike... some kind of cover up.
Didn't C's told us that lizzies can travel through time? If this is true, than there is no problem that they find out what was first place for meteor strike. After that they "call" somebody in Earth and sad: Burn factory in this place at that time.... and we had very bright and loud movie. first scene was burning factory, second scene was meteor strike. conclusion for mass was: fertilizer plant was in fire and exploded.

If there was no fire, than government would have very big problem to explain what happend. After explosion in Russia, people should start to ask questions.... and they won't to hear for now this kind of questions.

Light worker

Hahaha you gotta be serious, I believe in aliens but this is too much :lol:

There may be more complicated explanations for that fire.

Some recent news of other recent incidents, with a possible similar signature as the TX. incident.

As reported on Sott as well:
Reims Fr.
At least three people were killed and another 14 were injured on Sunday after an explosion destroyed part of an apartment building in Reims, France.
The five-story building partly collapsed after the blast, which witnesses described as powerful.
"The explosion was very strong, like a sonic boom from a fighter plane. We had been playing football on a field about 30 meters (100 feet) away, and ran to the scene," resident Abdel Kadertold the Associated Press. "The building had fallen like a house of cards ... 30 seconds after that we saw a man calling for help, he was on a slab. His legs were caught." That man later died, according to Abdel Kader.

Huge explosion rips through Prague leaving dozens injured - GA Daily News
A powerful blast believed to be a gas explosion ripped open an office building in the center of Prague on Monday, injuring at least 35 people and sending shockwaves through the Old Town tourist district.
The blast shattered windows (like the Russian incident) in the scenic area of charming streets and postcard-pretty buildings, sending glass flying. Authorities closed a wide area around the site and some tourists were stranded on street corners with baggage-loaded trolleys, unable to get into their hotels.

Authorities said two or three people were still believed to be missing, but sniffer dogs searching the rubble had not indicated that anyone was buried and the prime minister said it appeared no one had died.
An AP cameraman filming at the time of the blast said the physical impact could be felt on the famed 15th-century Charles Bridge over the Vltava River, which was packed with tourists.

The explosion occurred on Divadelni Street at about 10 a.m., in one of a row of several-story tall brick buildings dating back about a century. The street was covered with rubble and police evacuated people from nearby buildings.

"It's really immense and huge, almost like after an air assault or a bomb explosion," Prime Minister Petr Necas said after visiting the scene. "So, if we really prove what we think right now, which is that nobody died, it was very lucky." http://www.gadailynews.com/files.php?file=assets-2013/article_2316458_1989B128000005DC_230_634x435_390253035.jpg
http://wfld.images.worldnow.com/images/22136397_BG2.jpg
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOQDVuUSJE&feature=em-uploademail-subject8

Massive fire demolishes home, injures 2 firefighters - Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News
CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -

One home burned to the ground and three others are damaged after a fire broke out in far northwestern Crystal Lake Wednesday.

Fortunately, no one in any of the homes was injured, but two firefighters sustained injuries while battling the flames.

Officials said the fire started around 3:30 p.m. in a home in the 3200-block of Carrington Drive.

A neighbor, who had just returned home, recalled hearing a loud boom at that house, but thought it was a worker on the back deck who had dropped something. She says it didn't sound like an explosion.

To her surprise, the entire house was quickly engulfed in fire.

"I started feeling a very intense heat," Judi Stephens recalls. "I came outside and looked and by that time, the whole entire back house was engulfed in flames from the ground the whole way up to the roof. It worked it's way forward extremely rapidly and just became an inferno very very quickly."

Battling the fire turned out to be a great challenge for the Crystal Lake Fire Department. The neighborhood has no fire hydrants, so the water needed to fight the flames had to be trucked in.

Several dozen neighboring fire departments from Lake, Cook, McHenry and Kane Counties came to assist, but the home could not be saved. All that remains of that home is the brick chimney and the stone archway over the front door.

The fire also spread to three homes across the street.

"We had about 25mph winds that aided in the embers and everything else traveling across the street and igniting the roofs sustaining the damage that way," Crystal Lake firefighter Christopher Olsen explains.

One of the homes across the street was severely damaged. (This could have been due to embers being swept by the high winds and spreading to other homes with shake shingle roof, or could have been maybe sparks from a possible meteor fragment that destroyed the the first home :/? ) Neighbor Jim Schultz tried to extinguish the fire on his roof with a garden hose, but the fire department pulled him away.

He was just grateful nobody was hurt.

"I had this house built. I bought this land 18 years ago. Sure, we raised our daughter here. But, it's a house. Nobody was hurt. Obviously, I wish it hadn't happened, but I'm not shaken up about it," Shultz said.

The firefighters injured by the heat are expected to fully recover. The cause of the fire remains unknown.

American Meteor Society - Member Area - AMS Event
AMS received 28 reports about this fireball seen over IL, New Hampshire, NH, NJ, NY, OH, ON and PA on May 2nd 2013 (UTC)

Map for May 2 of possible multiple fireball sightings in the general varsity of this house fires within the 24 hrs. http://www.amsmeteors.org/fireball_event/2013/967#top

It could be possible, and would seem like some light debris was still in the hemisphere of this geographical location, for the above block fire in CRYSTAL LAKE, Ill.

http://wfld.images.worldnow.com/images/22136397_BG1.JPG

And in California perhaps, this wild fire in BANNING, Calif.

BANNING, Calif. (AP) - Firefighters were able to beat back a powerful wildfire that bore down on a dry Southern California city, limiting the damages to a single house and curbing the threat to hundreds more.

But the difficult conditions that helped fuel the 4 1/2 square-mile blaze in Riverside County on Wednesday could be even worse in parts of the state Thursday.

Winds at the fire site were hitting 30 mph and could gust to 40 mph, which could halt progress crews made overnight in battling the blaze, said Riverside County fire spokeswoman Jody Hagemann. The fire was 40 percent contained on Thursday morning, with only sporadic flame showing.

"It makes fire conditions unpredictable and more dangerous," Hagemann said of the winds.

Forecasters said high pressure would send strong winds through Southern California's passes and canyons and near coastal foothills Thursday. That combined with dry conditions was heightening the fire danger.

The Riverside County fire broke out just after noon about 90 miles east of Los Angeles in the largely undeveloped foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains north of the city of Banning, where hundreds evacuated their homes.

More than 400 firefighters helped by six helicopters and six air tankers turned the orange open flame near the city into sheets of white smoke and had the fire 35 percent contained by nightfall, county fire officials said.

The aircraft were grounded for the night and all evacuations were called off.

But the fire remained large and volatile as it moved away from Banning and toward the nearby communities of Beaumont and Cherry Valley.

The stand from firefighters came too late for Joe Kiener, 53, who lost the house he lived in since his mother bought it in the 1970s.

Kiener was home on a lunch break when he stepped outside to check on his barking dog and saw heavy smoke approaching. He took the dog and started to leave just as a deputy arrived to tell him to evacuate, but it wasn't easy.

"When I left I went around the corner and I got engulfed in a big cloud of smoke," said Kiener, who could see so little the deputy had to yell to him how to get out.

He got out safely, but the next time he saw the house was in a cellphone picture sent by his neighbor. The roof was on fire, and he knew it would be destroyed, but he shrugged off the loss.

"My mom passed away a month ago. The day before Easter," Kiener said. "So that was the biggest thing that hurt my heart is losing her. Losing the house is just minimal. We can rebuild."

Elsewhere in Southern California, a wildfire was burning in dry brush on a ridge next to a freeway in Ventura County.

The blaze broke out Thursday morning along the 100 Freeway in the Camarillo area, KNX-AM reported. Flames were burning uphill toward Camarillo Springs Golf Course, with winds sending up huge plumes of smoke.

In Northern California, crews were able to hold the line against two wind-whipped wildfires, but one in Tehama County continued to grow.

The Panther Fire north of the town of Butte Meadows had spread to 1,700 acres with no containment by Thursday morning. The fire is burning in a very remote area of brush and timber and is not threatening any homes, said state fire spokesman Daniel Berlant.

A fire in Sonoma County that has burned 125 acres did not grow overnight. Full containment on the Yellow Fire is expected later Thursday, Berlant said.

Two smaller fires totaling 165 acres are burning in Glenn and Butte counties. Berlant said crews were also able to hold the line against one of those fires, the 55-acre Cedar Fire in Butte County, but wind was going to be a factor again on Thursday.

"The continued wind throughout much of the north state is going to help fan these fires," he said.

_http://media.komonews.com/images/130502_calif_wildfire_660.jpg

Fireball map California for 4/30 fireball sightings. Some (and maybe many) of the meteor, or fireball sighting's are the same event, just seen from a different geographical location, due to the height that they appear in the in the night sky.

Also a number of current fires are prescribed as vegetation management. So this observation could be a bit of a stretch :huh:

http://www.amsmeteors.org/fireball_event/2013/956

AMS Event 961 1 2013-05-01 06:23 UTC 2013-04-30 23:23 PDT CA
AMS Event 965 1 2013-05-01 06:00 UTC 2013-04-30 23:00 PDT OR
AMS Event 965 1 2013-05-01 06:00 UTC 2013-04-30 23:00 PDT OR
AMS Event 958 1 2013-04-30 10:25 UTC 2013-04-30 03:25 PDT OR
AMS Event 955 2 2013-04-30 07:02 UTC 2013-04-30 00:02 PDT CA
AMS Event 949 1 2013-04-29 07:00 UTC 2013-04-29 00:00 PDT CA
AMS Event 947 1 2013-04-29 02:00 UTC 2013-04-28 19:00 PDT CA
AMS Event 945 2 2013-04-28 05:00 UTC 2013-04-27 22:00 PDT CA
AMS Event 937 1 2013-04-26 05:07 UTC 2013-04-25 22:07 PDT OR
AMS Event 934 6 2013-04-26 04:13 UTC 2013-04-25 21:13 PDT ID, WA
AMS Event 922 1 2013-04-23 04:20 UTC 2013-04-22 21:20 PDT WA
http://www.amsmeteors.org/fireball_event/2013/

Attachments

• _67287276_67291827.jpg
    _67287276_67291827.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 3

Here is something else to ponder about the explosion in West, TX. My Neighbor informed me that she saw on TV that Barksdale AF Base moved the SR-71 Blackbird from Louisiana to California about this same time. Searching now for the news clips.

Not sure about the source of this video, but it talks about April and Barksdale AFB, hum?
hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHImgCU7LD0 (note: XX has to be replaced with tt for link to work)

...Or did they plan one, just one last bombing event? http://www.10af.afrc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123343577

OK, last link... http://www.nola.com/military/index.ssf/2013/04/a-10_thunderbolt_ii_airplanes.html

Prometeo said:
light worker said:

Light worker

Hahaha you gotta be serious, I believe in aliens but this is too much :lol:

There may be more complicated explanations for that fire.

Oh, I need to explain my theory. Prometeo push my mind for better explanation.
I thought that meteor had his own trajectory and aliens didn't push him down. But maybe they new where he will hit and what damage will happen after impact. We had very nice explosions in last few months, but we haven't direct impact with dead people and lot of injured.
I thought that government want to hide info about second sun with comets, until they will be in front of us. So, some person (from secret service) received coordinates from impact and then they made a fire in factory. Fire was just excuse for explosion.
I try to explain my theory. :huh:
I'm firefighter volunteer, and I know that there is lot of possibilities for explosion, but after SOTT text, my mind went in new direction..maybe wrong... but who knows, maybe I have right theory. :/

Have a nice day!

Approaching Infinity said:

Well, Tunguska was estimated to be 30 degrees. Do you have some statistics on approach angles for events like this? I'd be curious to see some information. And judging from the videos I've seen, I find it hard to judge the angle of the possible incoming object. Again, it would be cool to have some analysis to show what we know and what we don't know.

Also, the camera was focused on the fire, not on the sky. Even if it had been sunny, we wouldn't probably have seen the whole picture as we did in Russia last February, where people filmed the trajectory of the meteorite with their dashboard cameras.
FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom