Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I was once diagnosed with an acid reflux problem and it was blamed on eating meat and fats. So I stopped. The acid reflux backed off, but my arthritic pains and fatigue increased. It took a long time to figure out that it was really the dairy and gluten and not the meat and fat that caused the problems. Because, of course, I was eating breads, cheeses, etc, at the same time.

Hi curious richard,

Thanks for your advice - I was unaware that vit C would do anything about chlor.

Or course the body needs chlor - you might say it needs a bucklet load of the stuff - but it doesn't need a dump truck of the stuff which is what I had going on. I will add your vit C suggestion to my repertoire.

Hi Laura,
You must be exceptionally busy so thanks for joining in.

Yes, I have been eating all those nasty things for decades, not knowing that any of it was a problem. Like most whstblwrs, I also imbibed a bit too (well, a lot more than a bit) to manage exceptional stress that went on for years. So with my newfound knowledge, I'm now trying to address a lot of different types of problems: cardiovascular, rapid weight gain, sudden onset of menop. (that's what happens when you're 50 something and give up alcohol!), CFS, detox liver, clear colon, detox environmental toxins, correct deficiencies, correct adrenal burnout, correct arthritis, improve immune function, combat stress, combat excessive workload..... All at the same time! :scared: You might say I'm like a Picasso painting - its all out of order but, to put all the pieces back in the right place, you have to move them one at a time!

I've been at this for four months now and I'm wondering if there is a more organised way to do this - perhaps go through one (or two) type(s) of correction at one time in a particular order. Perhaps trying to correct everything at once is causing just as much failure of the system (why I feel so crappy) as before I started to make any changes at all. Does this make any sense?

I do understand the overwhelming feeling of participants that eating meat is very important, but based on how ill I was when I was a meat eater, I don't believe that is the definitive answer in my case. There must be something else such as genetics or some other unknown factor which might play a disruptive role in what should be a normal, straightforward pattern.

Anyway, can I ask you about the breathing exercises? I went through the first online EE feature last night and tried to do the pipe breathing. I have always had a strange breathing pattern - 6 shallow breaths and one deep one. Apparently as a child, my parents couldn't see any breathing when I slept (not even steam on the mirror under my nose) and used to wake me up all the time. I had no idea what was going on when they would say "never mind - go back to sleep". The belly breathing is easy enough but the pipe breathing was a bit tricky for me (yeah, I'm an odd ball - always been). I have to yawn in between each one!! Is this the transition from a reverse breathing pattern that you described in the program, or am I moving something during a really deep breath that is normally involved in triggering a yawn? I feel stupid asking but having to yawn after every pipe breath can't be normal !!!

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!
Cheers.

Threads that have info that may help:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=20771.0

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13241.0

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10573.0

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2354.0

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12850.0

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13208.0

Hi NewYorker

NewYorker said:
I've been at this for four months now and I'm wondering if there is a more organised way to do this - perhaps go through one (or two) type(s) of correction at one time in a particular order. Perhaps trying to correct everything at once is causing just as much failure of the system (why I feel so crappy) as before I started to make any changes at all. Does this make any sense?

I went through something similar trying to work it all out....would try and balance one thing and it would seem to throw out something else. etc
Eliminating gluten and dairy was one of the biggest helps....but didn't quite get it all.
The links provided by Laura are very useful.

NewYorker said:
I do understand the overwhelming feeling of participants that eating meat is very important, but based on how ill I was when I was a meat eater, I don't believe that is the definitive answer in my case. There must be something else such as genetics or some other unknown factor which might play a disruptive role in what should be a normal, straightforward pattern.

I use to suffer all the symptoms you described from eating meat when I was a teenager too. Turns out it was fats that were the problem....given the body needs fats just as much as we need oxygen, the problem lay elsewhere.
Eating gluten and dairy causes massive inflammation in the body, and fat/cholesterol is mobilised to go patch up the damage from inflammation....usually with a histamine response. So you'll get excess mucus production, pain and fatigue.
Remove the fat (meat) and the symptoms of your body repairing itself go away....because you're body has nothing to repair itself with!!!
The damage from the inflammation then accumulates and you're body 'ages' and falls apart. Think of a common western age related disease and it can be tracked back to this....

The second large element to this is the liver. Lack of fat (meat) means the liver is not functioning. Negative symptoms when consuming good fat and meat are related to this. Some of it will be you're liver is unable to cope with what it would do under ideal health conditions (lack of available resources to process it, and damage from inflammation). As you're livers not working you're body will probably be toxic (doing a detox is probably not a good idea with a low functioning liver).
Eating fat and meat will probably cause a herxhimer reaction as your liver suddenly has the resources (the fat) to actually detox.
The toxins will make the inflammation in your body worse.

The third past is your intestines. They get damaged from the dairy/gluten (and some fruits/vegetables). As such you end up with a permeable gut lining, and any food you eat will trigger an immune response (you're body will attack the food leaking into it).....if you eat meat, it will send the immune system after that, and as you're made of meat it gets kind messy. Basically this is autoimmune disease, where the body attacks itself (due to an external trigger from food usually).
All the toxins you're liver tries to remove will also have a chance to seep back in.

No wonder you're body (and mind) hates meat (fat)! As it leads to more suffering for you.

So with all that in mind, follow the links Laura provided and see what you can learn.

The short version would be eliminate gluten/dairy (see the ultra simple diet link Laura provided). Protect the liver. Heal the gut (see the candida thread, and search out L-glutamine I think, but mostly eliminate the foods that cause damage). And get as much good fat as possible.
If you're not eating meat, then eat oily fish (not tuna due to mercury content) and have a large quantity of ghee (clarified butter, which is ceasen free...the damaging part of dairy...you can cook with this), coconut oil (you can cook with this too) and olive oil (don't cook with this one, and go sparingly as your body may be sensitive to it) with each meal. You can't rebuild the body without the fat. Unfortunately animal fat is the best building blocks you're body can have, but ghee and coconut oil will do in a pinch.
I personally use lard and beef tallow to cook with.

I had many of the symptoms you mention eating meat return when I started consuming a lot of fat....it was actually quite painful and my brain fog was terrible. That was until I figured out I needed to deal with helping/protecting my liver and healing my gut all at the same time.

Boswellia is really useful at getting you're bodies inflammation down to manageable levels, as well as DMSO. But they are only useful as an aid and won't fix anything without the change in diet. Without eliminating the things that are causing inflammation, they may even be damaging.

Once you're liver is working a little better and you've started the ultra simple/elimination diet and are eating plenty of fats, comfrey can be a great aid to healing (it has really helped heal my guts). But I would advise against taking it until then given the probably state of you're liver. The best way to know if you're liver is working well is you're ability to eat a large quantity of good fats (or a large helping of meat/fish 3-4 times a day) and feel ok.

This is my current understanding. Hope it helps get you're healing under way :)

*edit* to add, check out the thread on sleeping properly.

And don't forget that for pain relief and inflammation reduction, along with the dietary changes, you can just stimulate your vagus nerve via the Eiriu Eolas breathing exercises.

Meditative breathing enhances pain relief and may help in fibromyalgia

Meditative breathing may help manage chronic pain

Vagus Nerve Stimulation for the Treatment of Fibromyalgia

This last one talks about Vagus nerve stimulation through the pacemaker -like device that needs to be surgically inserted inside the body :nuts: :thdown: when all one has to do is Pipe Breathe to get the Vagus nerve going. But the results of the trial are very interesting. from the link:

By the end of the acute study phase [vagal stimulation], ten of the 12 patients reported they had reduced medications with two stopping methadone and oxycontin respectively, 3 reducing doses of acetaminophen/hydrocodone, 1 stopping tramadol, 3 reducing its dose and 1 reducing trazadone.

:dance:

Laura, RedFox and Alana,

Thanks for your replies. I've got some reading to catch up on.
Thanks RedFox for the detailed explanation on the process of 'body cleansing'. Liver, then gut, then detox - okay. I gave up gluten/dairy/processed four months ago and inflammation has certainly improved. I picked up chlorella and glutathione yesterday. I tried the glutathione last night, thinking that the the worsening brain fog might be mercury in the brain becoming "accessible" but woke up with a headache down the entire right side of my head so I'll hold off on that for awhile longer!
I've been trying the breathing but it makes me yawn constantly so I don't know what to think about that.
Think I'll just switch to reading for a while and try to catch up with some of the related topics flagged by Laura!
Have a good day, all.
Cheers.

The yawning is an oxygenation/detox response that is normal when you are very toxic and start stimulating the vagus nerve.

Ahhh - mystery solved ! :)
Also spotted a dental health site which lists shallow breathing as one of a long list of symptoms of chronic mercury poisoning - if my breathing was any shallower, my chest wouldn't move at all !
Thanks, Laura! :flowers:

Re: FIBROMYALGIA AND CHRONIC FATIGUE Questionnaire

The quiz seems much more specific than the UltraMind one, I do like the way he guides us through the whole thing. I'm thinking of getting the book for more info, but am afraid that it will not be relevant to my condition as I have not been diagnosed for Chronic Fatigue. Can anyone who has the book just give me an opinion on its usefulness? Thanks!

Hi beetlemaniac

The book is highly recommended to read. I found it extremely helpful, and I don't have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome either, I tend to point more in the other direction towards Fibromyalgia.

Trevrizent said:
Hi beetlemaniac

The book is highly recommended to read. I found it extremely helpful, and I don't have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome either, I tend to point more in the other direction towards Fibromyalgia.

I found the book informative but not particularly helpful with my own FMS symptoms. I tried the suggestions for taking 5-HTP and melatonin, didn't see the expected results, and didn't like the side effects. But then every body is different. What did help instead was darkening the bedroom at night and reducing fiber intake, neither of which was discussed in this particular book.

One caution for people experimenting with the information in this book -- I am very leery now of taking hormone/neurotransmitter supplements. My sense at present is that it might be better to focus on good diet and not try to directly change hormone levels.

Trevrizent said:
Hi beetlemaniac

Thanks for the input Trevrizent :).

Megan said:
I found the book informative but not particularly helpful with my own FMS symptoms. I tried the suggestions for taking 5-HTP and melatonin, didn't see the expected results, and didn't like the side effects. But then every body is different. What did help instead was darkening the bedroom at night and reducing fiber intake, neither of which was discussed in this particular book.

One caution for people experimenting with the information in this book -- I am very leery now of taking hormone/neurotransmitter supplements. My sense at present is that it might be better to focus on good diet and not try to directly change hormone levels.

Thanks Megan :). About your experiences like during 5HTP & Melatonin supplementation, what were side effects?

beetlemaniac said:
...Thanks Megan :). About your experiences like during 5HTP & Melatonin supplementation, what were side effects?
It was very hard to describe, a kind of morning "fuzziness" in my head that was different from anything else I had felt. I tried unsuccessfully for a couple of months or so to determine if it was caused by the 5-HTP or the melatonin or both. I thought I might adjust to it after a while, but that did not happen. The sensations went away a short time after I stopped taking both.

I suspect that most of the problem was with the melatonin, but I can't be sure.

Megan said:
It was very hard to describe, a kind of morning "fuzziness" in my head that was different from anything else I had felt. I tried unsuccessfully for a couple of months or so to determine if it was caused by the 5-HTP or the melatonin or both. I thought I might adjust to it after a while, but that did not happen. The sensations went away a short time after I stopped taking both.

I suspect that most of the problem was with the melatonin, but I can't be sure.

I can concur with you about the fuzziness. It usually happens whenever I take the full 3 mg dose of melatonin before sleeping. What was your dose like? Also, what about the serotonin increasing effects of 5HTP. Did you feel any better with 5HTP taken during the day?

Some extra information on the brain function quiz, including the different types. Some useful supplementation guidelines, and a recommendation for SAMe supplementation as well:

_http://drrodgermurphree.com/brain-function/ said:
Please use this questionnaire to find the group you fit into. It will help us make decisions about the correct way to start you on your road to recovery. Let’s see which brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) you may be low in by taking this quiz.

The “S” Group (S for Serotonin)

Please note the items which apply to your present feelings:

It’s hard for you to go to sleep.

You can’t stay asleep.

You often find yourself irritable.

Your emotions often lack rationality.

You occasionally experience unexplained tears.

Noise bothers you more than it used to. It seems louder than normal.

You “flare up” at others more easily than you used to.

You experience unprovoked anger.

You feel depressed much of the time.

You find you are more susceptible to pain.

You prefer to be left alone.

If three or more of the above apply, then read below.

The “S” Group

Serotonin is a hypothalamus neurotransmitter which is necessary for sleep to occur. A lack of serotonin causes difficulty in getting to sleep as well as staying asleep. It is often this lack of sleep that causes the symptoms mentioned above. Serotonin levels can easily be raised by supplementing with the essential amino acid, L-Tryptophan. Dietary supplements of L-Tryptophan are banned in the United States. The natural sources of L-Tryptophan include milk, cheese, meat, ham, peanuts, and cottage cheese. All of these are very high in calories and cholesterol content. As a consequence, in order to keep your serotonin supply at a proper level, you must supplement small amounts of food sources of L-Tryptophan with the serotonin production catalysts, calcium, magnesium, and trace element, chromium. 5 Hydroxytryptophan (5HTP) a form of Tryptophan, is available over-the-counter and works extremely well for most patients.

Peek X Warning

5HTP is derived from plant sources and when manufactured correctly is incredibly safe. However, some manufacturers try to cut corners and in may produce batches of 5HTP with potentially harmful contaminants, including a substance known as “peak X.” Always read the label and make sure the 5HTP you’re taking is certified to be “peak X” free. Every batch of Dr. Murphree’s 5HTP is certified to be “peak X” free and says so on every bottle.

Supplementing with 5HTP

Start with taking 50mgs 30 minutes before bed. Take on an empty stomach, along with 4 ounces of juice (apple or grape). You may need to increase this dose up to 200mgs a night. If you feel hung over the next day, decrease your dose of 5HTP. Warning – a few individuals who attempt to take 5HTP at night will have an adverse reaction. Individuals with a sluggish liver (usually more pronounced in CFS) may have trouble breaking down 5HTP fast enough. Instead of making them sleepy, it revs them up and they become more mentally alert. If this happens, simply take 1-2 5HTP tablets with food 1-2 times a day and discontinue using it at bedtime on empty stomach.

NOTICE: On this page you’ll find some product links going to my new store. You will need to use the password RMURPH to use the new online VIP store. Please write this down. You only have to do it once and it will remember you after that. Thanks!

The “O” Group (O for Opiods)

Do ANY of these apply to your present feelings?

Your life seems incomplete.
You feel shy with all but your close friends.
You have feelings of insecurity.
You often feel unequal to others.
When things go right you sometimes feel undeserving.
You feel something is missing in your life.
You occasionally feel a low self-worth or esteem.
You feel inadequate as a person.
You frequently feel fearful when there is nothing to fear.

The “O” Group is named for the Opioid neurotransmitters contained in the Hypothalamus Gland.

These neurotransmitters have two primary functions:

1. Opioids are released in small bursts when we feel a sense of urgency (stress). Some individuals thrive on this sense of urgency. They love just meeting deadlines, racing around to get things done. They seem to feed off of this adrenaline rush.

A sense of urgency can help us get out of bed in the morning or get the kids off to school. However, if you can never turn this sense of urgency off, you’ll eventually deplete the opioids along with other vital hormones including cortisol, and DHEA.

As a way to turn off the constant mind chatter, those in the “O Group” use stimulants and mind numbing chemicals (alcohol, marijuana, food, etc.) to escape the constant pressure they place on themselves to be more, do more, have more. Type A’s are often overcome by opioid burn out. They cannot sit still. Until one day the bottom falls out and they “just can’t do it anymore.”

Alcohol and other chemicals can temporarily relieve the anxious feelings associated with opioid overload. They do so by providing artificial opioids. Unfortunately, these artificial opioids also cause the Opioid manufacturing cells in your brain to reduce their output.

In the long run these cells lose their ability to produce the needed opioid neurotransmitters. You then crave the artificial opioids and an addiction has been born.

2. When you exercise, your body causes extra quantities of the opioids to be released. This takes away the pain of sore muscles and may provide a feeling of euphoria. Long distance runners and other avid exercise enthusiast are well aware of “The High” that comes from pushing the body past its normal limits. The opioids play an important role in pain modulation.

A deficiency of opioids can lower our pain threshold. A lowered pain threshold means being more sensitive to painful stimuli.

DL-Phenylalanine (a special form of the amino acid Phenylalanine) can be extremely helpful in restoring proper opioid levels.

Supplementing with DL- Phenylalanine (DLPA)

Start with 1,000mgs, 1-2 times a day, on an empty stomach. If you don’t seem to notice any benefits, keep increasing the dose up to 4,000mgs twice a day.

If you experience a rapid heartbeat, agitation or hyperactivity, reduce or stop taking DL- Phenylalanine.

L- Glutamine increases the effectiveness of both DL and L- Phenylalanine.

Take 500mgs of L- Glutamine 1-2 times a day on an empty stomach along with the DL-Phenyalanine or L-Phenyalanine.

Both DL and L- Phenylalanine can increase blood pressure. If you already have high blood pressure, consult your doctor before taking either form of Phenylalanine.

Phenylalanine can be stimulating and shouldn’t be taken past 3 in the afternoon.

The “G” Group (G for GABA)

You often feel anxious for no reason.

You sometimes feel “free floating” anxiety.

You frequently feel “edgy” and it’s difficult to relax.

You often feel a “knot” in your stomach.

Falling asleep is sometimes difficult.

It’s hard to turn your mind off when you want to relax.

You occasionally experience feelings of panic for no reason.

You often use alcohol or other sedatives to calm down.

The “G” group symptoms are from the absence of the neurotransmitter, Gamma Amine Butyric Acid (GABA). GABA is an important neurotransmitter involved in regulating moods and mental clarity.

Tranquilizers used to treat anxiety and panic disorders work by increasing the GABA.

GABA is made from the amino acid, Glutamine. Glutamine passes across the blood-brain barrier and helps provide the necessary fuel needed for proper brain function.

A shortage of L- Glutamine can reduce IQ levels. L- Glutamine supplementation has been shown to increase IQ levels in some mentally deficient children. L- Glutamine is brain fuel. It feeds the brain cells, allowing them to fire on all cylinders. A deficiency in L- Glutamine can result in “foggy thinking” and fatigue.

Individuals with “Fibro fog” may benefit tremendously from this essential amino acid.

Even a small shortage of L- Glutamine will produce unwarranted feelings of insecurity and anxiousness. Other symptoms include continual fatigue, depression, and occasionally impotence.

Supplementing with GABA

Usually only a small dose of GABA is needed – 500 – 1,000mgs twice a day. Some individuals may need to take GABA 3-4 times a day. Like most amino acids, GABA needs to be taken on an empty stomach.

The “D” Group (D for Dopamine)

You lack pleasure in life.
You feel there are no real rewards in life.
You have unexplained lack of concern for others, even loved ones.
You experience decreased parental feelings.
Life seems less “colorful” or “flavorful.”
Things that used to be “fun” aren’t any longer enjoyable.
You have become a less spiritual or socially concerned person.

If three or more of the above apply then read below.

The “D” Group

Dopamine is a neurotransmitter associated with the enjoyment of life, food, arts, nature, your family, friends, hobbies, and other pleasures. The popularity of cocaine (or chocolate) stems from the fact that it causes very high levels of dopamine to be released in a sudden rush.

This creates a euphoric state. A dopamine deficiency can lead to a condition known as anhedonia.

Anhedonia is the lack of ability to feel any pleasure or remorse in life (lifeless). It also reduces the person’s attention span. For example, a person who has taken cocaine for some time will have used up most of his or her dopamine supply.

Their attention span is often reduced to 2 to 3 minutes instead of the usual 50 to 60 minutes. Learning, for such a person, is nearly impossible.

Brain fatigue, confusion, and lethargy are all byproducts of low dopamine. The brain cells which “manufacture” dopamine use the amino acid L-Phenylalanine as the raw material. Like most cells in the hypothalamus, they have the ability to produce 4 or 5 times their usual output if larger quantities of the raw materials (amino acids and their co-factors) are made available through nutritional supplementation.

Supplementing with L-Phenylalanine

Start with 1,000mgs, twice a day, taken on an empty stomach. If needed, increase up to 4,000mgs twice a day.

If you experience a rapid heartbeat, agitation, or hyperactivity, reduce or stop taking L-Phenylalanine.

L-glutamine increases the effectiveness of both DL and L- Phenylalanine.

Take 500mgs of L-Glutamine, 1-2 times a day, on an empty stomach.

Both DL and L-Phenylalanine can increase blood pressure. If you already have high blood pressure, consult your doctor before taking either form of phenylalanine. Phenylalanine can be stimulating and shouldn’t be taken past 3 in the afternoon.

The “N” Group (N for Norepinephrine)

You suffer from a lack of energy.

You often find it difficult to “get going.”

You suffer From decreased drive.

You often start projects and then don’t finish them.

You frequently feel a need to sleep or “hibernate.”

You feel depressed a good deal of the time.

You occasionally feel paranoid.

Your survival seems threatened.

You are bored a great deal of the time.

The “N” Group

The neurotransmitter Norepinephrine, when released in the brain, causes feelings of arousal, energy, and drive. On the other hand, a short supply of it will cause feelings of a lack of ambition, drive, and or energy.

It can even cause depression, paranoia, and feelings of apathy. Norepinephrine is also used to initiate the “flow” of adrenaline when you are under psychological stress. People under a great load of stress, or a continual stress loading of almost any size, often find their Norepinephrine levels to be too low.

This is most frequently detected by the “feelings” listed in the questionnaire you have just taken. The production of Norepinephrine in the hypothalamus is a 2-step process. The amino acid, L- Phenylalanine, is first converted into Tyrosine.

The amino acid, Tyrosine, is then converted into Norepinephrine. In extreme cases L-Tyrosine is supplemented to increase Norepinephrine and Dopamine. However, if the levels of Tyrosine are not low, this can cause headaches. This is why I usually recommend L- Phenylalanine replacement therapy first.

Supplementing with L-Phenylalanine

Start with 1,000mgs, twice a day, taken on an empty stomach. If needed, increase up to 4,000mgs twice a day. If you experience a rapid heartbeat, agitation, or hyperactivity – reduce or stop taking L- phenylalanine.

L-glutamine increases the effectiveness of both DL and L- phenylalanine.

Take 500mgs of L-glutamine 1-2 times a day, on an empty stomach.

Both DL and L-phenylalanine can increase blood pressure.

If you already have high blood pressure, consult your doctor before taking either form of phenylalanine.

Phenylalanine can be stimulating and shouldn’t be taken past 3 in the afternoon.

Update – There’s an option to L-Phenylalanine

I’ve started recommending SAMe instead of L-Phenylalanine because of positive recent studies. S-Adenosyl-methionine (SAMe)- is involved in regulating the brain’s neurotransmitters. Normally the brain manufactures all the SAMe it needs from the amino acid methionine. However, low protein diets, malabsorption and deficiencies developed from excess methionine use in certain detoxification pathways can create a need for SAMe replacement. SAMe has been shown through several recent, well designed, studies to be one of the best natural antidepressants available.

SAMe helps boost serotonin and epinephrine levels. It also helps increase the production of endorphins. Endorphins are the body’s natural pain blocking chemicals and are more powerful than morphine. Because it produces quick results, SAMe has been used to hasten the onset of action of the antidepressant imipramine.

SAMe Helps Boost the Effects of Antidepressants

Prescription antidepressants fail to work for fifty percent of those take them. One way to boost the beneficial effects of antidepressant medications is to take them with SAMe (S-adenosyl-L-methionine). Research has already shown that SAMe increases both serotonin and noriepinephrine levels (brain chemicals) and is a potent antidepressant by itself. Now researchers have shown that combining SAMe with prescription antidepressants rreduces the failure rate by 43%.

SAMe has become one of my favorite nutritional supplement. I’m using it more and more in my practice for depression, fatigue, and pain disorders. SAMe elevates endorphin levels.

SAMe and Fibromyalgia

Studies involving FMS patients and SAMe have shown dramatic improvements in pain reduction. *One study showed that individuals taking SAMe for a period of 6 weeks had an improvement of 40% in pain reduction and 35% improvement in their depression! (Grassetto & Varotto, 1994, pp. 797-806).

Jaccobsen S, Danneskiold – Samose B, Anderson RB. Oral s-adenosyl-L-methionine in primary fibromyalgia. Double-blind clinical evaluation. Scandinavian Journal of Rheum 20(4): 294-302, 1991.

Supplementing with SAMe

Start with 200mg-400mg taken on an empty stomach in the morning. You can go up to a maximum 1200mg day. Don’t take late in the day. Not everyone will need to take the maximum dose. Take a good optimal daily allowance multivitamin/mineral formula like CFS/Fibro Formula (or something similar) and I also recommend taking adrenal cortex supplements.

NOTICE: On this page you’ll find some product links going to my new store. You will need to use the password RMURPH to use the new online VIP store. Please write this down. You only have to do it once and it will remember you after that. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom