FOTCM Chateau visit?

There was some incident that someone visited Laura’s place caused harm to Laura and other.
Because we never know oneself’s own frequency is higher or lower, maybe everybody thinks they’re higher than others.
But still, we have to be extra careful about it.
I am just happy and appreciate Laura is being there to guide us and encouraging us to live STO ways!!!

Thank you so much for posting this Kay Kim. This was before my time here so I was completely unaware of that incident. I have just finished reading that session transcript and what a thoroughly fascinating session it was so thank you for that too.

At idle moments I have wondered about what it would be like to visit the chateau but have always been worried that I might have been programmed by STS forces to cause harm to Laura and/or others there. I have had odd incidents before where I have been decidedly 'got at' by non-physical forces to do something that would cause harm to others so my concern is not unwarranted. I have been meaning to post about these incidents so I suppose I should do so now that they are in my mind.

Hopefully, Laura is able to pre-screen possible attendees somehow now so this incident or worse is not repeated.

The question that comes to my mind is; is this something your family actually wants to do, or is just what you want to do? Leaving aside for the moment whether it's appropriate or not.
I cannot say whether it is appropriate or not. It is however an earnest request, equally shared by my wife. I certainly don't think I'm special or deserving of special attention.

When I write here, I take pains to express my truest essential voice/degree of understanding (to the extent that is possible), while acknowledging my programs, and potential for self delusion. If my writing style is off-putting, it's definitely something I want to be aware of and work on.

So I want to be clear, I'm not seeking any recognition, status, acclaim or validation. As I mentioned before, I don't know to what extent I can be useful in The Work. I've been a member on the forum for 10 years, and have not been very active posting during that time. Despite that, I have been working consistently to get to the place where I can edit for SOTT, write if possible, and support others on the forum. My two major goals in life are oriented towards this mission.

I'm still practicing, struggling even, to achieve the level of a good steward/obyvatel. I know myself to be very intellectually and philosophically inclined and so I've been intent on balancing that by testing, implementing, and trying to practically live out the principles I've learned during that time. This starts at home for me. To the extent that I can serve my family and express the STO principles there, I'll be empowered to serve in increasingly widening spheres.

What I am convicted of is that this WORK, affinity for the STO ideal, and upholding Free Will in the Universe is something I'm striving to be in absolute identity with.

So, to be clear, I have no interest in jockeying for esteem, or comparing where I am in the learning cycle to anyone else. There is a precedent of hosting guests at the Chateau, for any number of reasons that only the QFG integrants are privy to. I wouldn't presume it to be any mark of distinction (in my case at least). As I acknowledged in the referenced post, I'm aware of the many attacks suffered and withstood, and if the possibility that my presence could be a liability. The LAST thing I want is to disrupt the critical service they provide.

It's not in my nature or upbringing to impose, and in asking I'm prepared for any answer. I was emboldened, even compelled to make the request because of a confluence of things at the moment I braved the question. Asking in itself was instructive, as has been everyone's responses.

I'm simply a learner, with burning questions, trying to resolve my daily life when the Isha that inspire me. Although I try to be vigilant of my own blindness and self delusion, I must depend on the "mirror" presented here to help see clearly.

There was some incident that someone visited Laura’s place caused harm to Laura and other.
Because we never know oneself’s own frequency is higher or lower, maybe everybody thinks they’re higher than others.
But still, we have to be extra careful about it.
I am just happy and appreciate Laura is being there to guide us and encouraging us to live STO ways!!!
Yes, I was familiar with that episode as well. That's precisely what I want to avoid.

Exactly.

GqSoul wrote the above message to me in a PM and did not get the response he wanted.
Yes, this is true. I was hoping for a response, though I also thought you might likely be too engaged to see it. I did acknowledge at the head of this post that I had tried through PM.

Also, it did occur to me that no reply might simply mean No, but I decided to persist. This seems like wishful thinking now.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry if this became "noise".

.... As I mentioned before, I don't know to what extent I can be useful in The Work. I've been a member on the forum for 10 years, and have not been very active posting during that time. ...

I'm still practicing, struggling even, to achieve the level of a good steward/obyvatel. I know myself to be very intellectually and philosophically inclined and so I've been intent on balancing that by testing, implementing, and trying to practically live out the principles I've learned during that time. This starts at home for me. To the extent that I can serve my family and express the STO principles there, I'll be empowered to serve in increasingly widening spheres.

What I am convicted of is that this WORK, affinity for the STO ideal, and upholding Free Will in the Universe is something I'm striving to be in absolute identity with....

I would say that trying to achieve any of those goals on your own, is pretty much impossible. You need the network to help you stay on the straight and narrow.

Posting and engaging with the network, through the forum can be a bit intimidating at first, but I think it is one of the first steps of the STO path. We have been told that networking is the way of 4D STO.

Hope that helps.

I would say that trying to achieve any of those goals on your own, is pretty much impossible. You need the network to help you stay on the straight and narrow.

Posting and engaging with the network, through the forum can be a bit intimidating at first, but I think it is one of the first steps of the STO path. We have been told that networking is the way of 4D STO.

Hope that helps.
Yes, I agree entirely. I have found it to be impossible. I'm learning to network and working to organize my life so that I can dedicate times to family and the network.

I appreciate the encouragement.

It's not in my nature or upbringing to impose, and in asking I'm prepared for any answer. I was emboldened, even compelled to make the request because of a confluence of things at the moment I braved the question. Asking in itself was instructive, as has been everyone's responses.

I'm simply a learner, with burning questions, trying to resolve my daily life when the Isha that inspire me. Although I try to be vigilant of my own blindness and self delusion, I must depend on the "mirror" presented here to help see clearly.
Perhaps you could enlighten us on the 'confluence' of things to begin with. I think the 'mirror' in the forum is even more effective because there are so many more minds connecting than just the chateau crew.
I, for one, would love to visit too. To see how they interact and live as a group in physical life. It can sometimes be slow and difficult to stay engaged 'virtually' but that's a challenge in itself to work hard and not take short cuts IMO. If the internet went down and we could not communicate, how long would you maintain the likemindedness and actions and learning of the group? It is our MINDS we need to connect. Faced with a situation we would ideally know what to think and do based on our connectedness and not have to be led by the hand.
Sure, some are more advanced and connected than others but a lot of these same people have never been to the chateau and still share on the forum almost every day. It's the way we think that connects us and caring and sharing does not have to be physical. I don't post regularly but do stay informed by reading. I'm always aware at how so many response and comment posts are in sync with what I am thinking and that gives me support that I am on the right track. I feel very connected even without words being spoken or their physical presence.
It's when the crew go through challenging times that are the hardest because as a human I want to hug and reassure and support and maybe even bitchslap someone for the pain they cause. But, hey, it is what it is and we all have Work to do an try not to get discouraged that we have to do it by forum communication only. You sound, to me, like you need to go on a pilgrimage to the chateau and that it will bring you more faith and crystallise 'something' for you. I don't think it works that way. It actually, to me, sounds STS but, hey, that's just me calling it as I see it. No personal offence intended.
On a lighter note, I have visited the crew in my 'dreams' post meditation so many times that I've given them all the hugs they need to keep them going until we actually meet.:lol: And I loooove their library; working on building one just like it.:cool2:

Further to what you say stellar the recent two caps session made me realise that I am actually part, in my own small way, of something bigger than myself. That despite my sporadic postings here and my lack of physical proximity to the group, I am part of this project and that I was not deluding myself that that was the case. So many matters that had been in my thoughts were raised in that session and so many other posters said the same that it was clear to me that I am a part of a network of like-minded people, the vast majority of whom are not at the chateau and likely never shall be so. I found it to be very encouraging and took it to be a sign that I am on the right track. I don't post that much but I read the Forum every day and keep on top of threads multiple times a day. I think about things that are discussed here a great deal and try to live my life in the right way. I often think I could do far more but this session made me think that there might be hope for me after all! :-P I am hoping to step up my input here though. I tend to be very self-contained so it is good for me to venture out of my little bubble. One never knows too when even a simple little comment may be just what someone else needed to read.

Perhaps you could enlighten us on the 'confluence' of things to begin with. I think the 'mirror' in the forum is even more effective because there are so many more minds connecting than just the chateau crew.
You sound, to me, like you need to go on a pilgrimage to the chateau and that it will bring you more faith and crystallise 'something' for you. I don't think it works that way. It actually, to me, sounds STS but, hey, that's just me calling it as I see it. No personal offence intended.
@stellar, thanks for sharing your perspectives. No fear of offence. I should first say that I don't want to try and defend the fact that I posted that request or try to justify it. I really want to be careful of that. My interest is to learn what I can from the feedback provided and the experience overall.

As for the confluence of events, thoughts, emotions, etc., I think it can be best summarized as a desperate cry for clarity. The vision I have is one where I'm actively contributing, being useful; here on the forum, on SOTT, and in personal projects that have continued to call to me.

When I decided to write the letter, I had read one of the recent sessions referring to FOTCM members serving to protect the Queen Bee. That's what I wanted to be aligned with, identify with and aspire to; growing spiritually to the point of helping the group be protected. In that moment I was also convicted of my lack of contribution, and felt the burden of the imbalance in what I've received compared to what I've contributed.

Despite fits and starts over the years, I have not yet successfully organized my life in such a way that my vocation both provides for my family, feeds my energy to serve as husband and father, and allows me time to do what I really want to do -- invest in this network. I accept the maxim that in order to do more, I must become more. Life seems to be telling me that I'm not yet sufficient to do what I'm inspired to do. I accept that, and I continue striving to develop & demonstrate proficiency in these fundamental things. You said I might've been seeking more Faith or to crystalize something in me; I would characterize the motivation as more likely seeking, not only clarity, but a catalyst. It began to seem vanishingly possible to get from where I am to where I feel called to be without immediate divine intervention.

At that moment I was overcome with an acute sense of my blindness. I constantly question the tactics that I'm exploring to achieve my end goal because I recognize that my ordinary state of "thinking" and "seeing" do not suffice. At the same time I recognize that no one else can do that work for me or underwrite my decisions. I found myself at a crossroads with my career decisions, for example, having landed a contract with a company that was courting me to join them full-time. The potential trajectory seemed promising, and would afford greater financial stability, yet I was ambivalent about the demands it would place on my time, (something in the realm of 60-80 hours) and whether or not partnering with these people would tend to help or hinder on a spiritual level.

So again, I was trying to see the unseen dynamic at play and found myself unequal to the task. I prayed and contemplated and proceeded as best I could, with reservations. Well, fast forward a couple months and that company has a financial crisis, is cutting staff, and backpedaling out of a deal that they were previously anxious to make. I'm still trying to decode the lessons from that one.

All of the above is what I had on my mind. I think it is stuff that everyone here is working on.

I do feel an incredible connection to the network, and read/study constantly, and generally support where and when I can. My request was not externally considerate, I think. It may even have been prompted from some STS basis. I cannot say. Looking at it now and trying to deconstruct it with everyone's help is really beneficial.

Thanks

@GqSoul Start participating on the forum. There's much to learn and do. There's no special magic about becoming the person you want to become or getting where you want to be in life. It's pretty mundane really, just trial and error and hard work. No one person can figure it all out. By networking we learn together and we can accelerate the process somewhat, but it's still 'step by step.'

The vision I have is one where I'm actively contributing, being useful; here on the forum, on SOTT, and in personal projects that have continued to call to me.

If this is your vision, then just do it. Don't set too high a goal for yourself, start by making a commitment to be helpful here on the forum. Post once a day for example. And it is just as important to work on providing for your family. By meeting the needs of your family you are contributing to the world at large, you feel useful as a human being and that creates a positive feedback loop where you do indeed become useful in more areas of your life. Btw, most forum members take care of a family, a business/job and still contribute to the forum on a regular basis. So it's a very pragmatic and doable goal.

As others noted, you have been a forum member for a decade yet your contributions have been sporadic. If your vision was all along what you state above, then it seems to me that you are lacking in will and/or self-discipline and/or self and time organization. Probably all. But being aware of it can only help you identify it and work on it. And no amount of visits to the château will help you with that. That's your responsibility. The forum can be your source of inspiration and help, and what you get out of it is what you put into it.

As others noted, you have been a forum member for a decade yet your contributions have been sporadic. If your vision was all along what you state above, then it seems to me that you are lacking in will and/or self-discipline and/or self and time organization. Probably all. But being aware of it can only help you identify it and work on it. And no amount of visits to the château will help you with that. That's your responsibility. The forum can be your source of inspiration and help, and what you get out of it is what you put into it.

Perhaps Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People could help you with that, GgSoul (there is a short thread about the book here on the forum). It's an easy (language wise) and intriguing read IMO and helps us develop our character and vision and use our core values as a guide (this may be a simple explanation, I have only read 200 pages so far). Also, Jordan Peterson has helped me a lot in that respect, but Covey is more practical IMO and uses all kinds of examples to drive the point home.

Plus NeurOptimal sessions (another thread) are helping me to get rid of certain patterns and programs (and many other things, networking is one!).

I'm sure a lot of people here have dreamt about a life where the universe provides for all their material needs so that they can just sit back and read the recommended books, post on the forum and spend all their time pursuing whatever projects and hobbies take their fancy. I'd love that! Can you see how that would be me placing a demand on how I think I should grow? "oh, if only everything was the way I wanted it to be, then I would grow and then I could be helpful." It's bargaining with the universe.

So, you've come along and PM'd Laura with what looks like an attempt at buttering her up with complements to get a visit to then go ahead and ask for a loan of money in person (I'm making an assumption here but I don't think it's too far off the mark). She didn't respond, so naturally you thought "she must be busy". Instead of respecting that, you decided to force a response by posting here. That's quite rude.

IMO the situation you are in now is the perfect one for you to grow and give and share. You don't need anyone to prop up your business so you can follow your idea of what growth is. You can go ahead and start now:

1. Be a good Obvyatel - provide for your family's financial needs. (giving)
2. Be a good dad - give your child/children all the love and support they need (giving/sharing)
3. Read books/SOTT articles - on your lunch break, 30-mins before bed, on the commute (learning)
4. Post about your experiences here on the forum. (sharing)

It's as easy or as difficult as you make it. Just because you aren't living your idea of what the Work is, doesn't mean you aren't doing the Work/can't do the Work. That's an error in thinking that puts a halt to any Work at all because you spend so much time and energy pining over not having the circumstances that you want. Pull up your bootstraps and improve your situation by your own efforts! :lkj:

If this is your vision, then just do it. Don't set too high a goal for yourself, start by making a commitment to be helpful here on the forum. Post once a day for example. And it is just as important to work on providing for your family. By meeting the needs of your family you are contributing to the world at large, you feel useful as a human being and that creates a positive feedback loop where you do indeed become useful in more areas of your life. Btw, most forum members take care of a family, a business/job and still contribute to the forum on a regular basis. So it's a very pragmatic and doable goal.

Absolutely. I don't see the chateau as a miracle cure, though I did indulge that fantasy in the moment. The things I'm working on are common to everyone here, as you've highlighted. Yes, my awareness of insufficiency in all those areas is what brings me here. I will continue to work on connecting with others on the network while working on these things.

Back
Top Bottom