FOTCM: New Online Application Form

A few questions regarding the application form.

When it asks "Previous Religions/Churches", is it okay to simply put Roman Catholic Church?

Similarly, with "Family Members in your Current Household", I have a family but they not a part of my household now per se - albeit we live in the same city. Can I still put them down?

Lastly, can I send the $10 by donation? If so, should I send this to PaleoChristianity.org?

SMM said:

When it asks "Previous Religions/Churches", is it okay to simply put Roman Catholic Church?

Yes. You can also add the location.

Similarly, with "Family Members in your Current Household", I have a family but they not a part of my household now per se - albeit we live in the same city. Can I still put them down?

It's meant to be about family members living with you in the same household.

Lastly, can I send the $10 by donation? If so, should I send this to PaleoChristianity.org?

Yes.

Here you can find where to mail your signed application and a link to PayPal donation:
http://paleochristianity.org/how-to-join/
But I guess you know that page? :)

Possibility of Being said:
SMM said:

Yes. You can also add the location.
I was baptised in Tanzania, then there's last church I attended which is more local. Should I write both of these down?

SMM said:

It's meant to be about family members living with you in the same household.

So that's just me :lol:

SMM said:

Yes.

Here you can find where to mail your signed application and a link to PayPal donation:
http://paleochristianity.org/how-to-join/
But I guess you know that page? :)

Yup, thank you PoB :)

SMM said:
I was baptised in Tanzania, then there's last church I attended which is more local. Should I write both of these down?

Yes, if there is no reason for you not to do it. (Hope it makes sense)

Yup, thank you PoB :)

Happy to be of help. See you in FOTCM! :)

Ailén said:
Drea said:
Apparently, I forgot to send my signed copy and since then my copy of the original application has gone missing. Would it be OK for me to fill it out again, sign the new one and send it in just for the signature?

Hi Drea,

Let me see if we can send you a copy via e-mail, that you can simply print, sing and mail to us. That would save you the trouble of having to fill it in again. I'll send you an e-mail shortly.

Ailén hi- my Firefox browser session crashed soon after filling in the online application and electronically submitting but, unfortunately, before having the opportunity to print it. :(

Could you please possibly do the same (as above) for me when you get a moment (send my electronically submitted application document via email so I can then print, sign, and snailmail it in to you folks)?

I have also just sent in the FOTCM membership donation via Paypal (and afterward sent in an email from the contact page to notify of my error and to submit additional relevant info about the payment)...

Thanks So Much,
L (Rich) :)

Done, Leòmhann. I just sent it to you by email.

Welcome to the Fellowship! :D

Ailén said:
Done, Leòmhann. I just sent it to you by email.

Welcome to the Fellowship! :D

Ailén, thankyoueversomuch! Yep, I've received and will sign and mail it in :)

Thank You, Again ~ You Rock! :rockon:

Guys, don't you think that is a privacy risk to be able to see the members map publicly? Although it's great to know where members are, it kinda concerns me the privacy, that anyone can know the exact location of where we are living. (Now, of course, I know there's really no privacy in this world)
I think I wouldn't like to show where I live to other people [not in FOTCM].

Str!ke said:
Guys, don't you think that is a privacy risk to be able to see the members map publicly? Although it's great to know where members are, it kinda concerns me the privacy, that anyone can know the exact location of where we are living. (Now, of course, I know there's really no privacy in this world)

It only shows an approximation (for example: the city where you live) not the exact location or the place where you live..

Hi Str!ke,
The map shows the approximate geographic distribution of members, but it doesn't name the members living in one place or another of the world. You can click on any dot on the map.

irjO said:
Str!ke said:

It only shows an approximation (for example: the city where you live) not the exact location or the place where you live..

It's actually designed to be less accurate, for obvious reasons. Sometimes it shows someone in the big city they live in, and sometimes it's a suburb, or perhaps the wrong suburb. The highest resolution is the city/town/village name level, and even that isn't always correct. Members' actual street addresses are NOT used. But it does give a general idea of how many FOTCM members live where, which is kind of interesting to see (IOW: we're everywhere!)

What really surprises me is the number of people who write in and say, "My marker on the map is off by like 100km! Can you fix it so that it's right on top of my house?" :lol:

And I , of course, explain why we totally refuse to make the map more precise!

Since it only shows approximately where a member lives and does not give your name/precise address, I don't think there is a problem and I am hyper-paranoid about just about....everything! :ninja:

Mr. Scott said:
It's actually designed to be less accurate, for obvious reasons. Sometimes it shows someone in the big city they live in, and sometimes it's a suburb, or perhaps the wrong suburb. The highest resolution is the city/town/village name level, and even that isn't always correct. Members' actual street addresses are NOT used. But it does give a general idea of how many FOTCM members live where, which is kind of interesting to see (IOW: we're everywhere!)

What really surprises me is the number of people who write in and say, "My marker on the map is off by like 100km! Can you fix it so that it's right on top of my house?" :lol:

And I , of course, explain why we totally refuse to make the map more precise!

Mine is very off! is so off that doesn't even appear in the map.. Neither the city or the state.. Nothing! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom