Freedom Trucker Convoy: From Canada to USA to all across the world

Good timing!

By the way, I was wondering how is the media coverage about the Public order emergency Commission in the rest of Canada, because in Quebec, it's nearly inexistant except one or two papers heavily biased.

YOU SAID IT: Did it to save face​

Opinion by Letters to the Editor • 5h ago (
React101 Comments|
1669746286847.pngIt's nice to see personal comments on what the citizens actually think. It's mind boggling that he cannot and will not realize that his games are over. No matter how "creative" he can be in his narratives. We are all on to him! Love the comments at the end of each name in parenthesis. :wow:

DID IT TO SAVE FACE
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau testifies at the Public Order Emergency Commission in Ottawa, Nov. 25, 2022.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau testifies at the Public Order Emergency Commission in Ottawa, Nov. 25, 2022.© Provided by Ottawa Sun
PM describes his choice to invoke the Emergencies Act, Nov. 26
I believe that the sole reason for invoking the Emergencies Act was for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to save face because the incompetence of his government was being played out on the world stage again. His ego could not tolerate the mockery being directed at him again. He needed a grand gesture. So, with total disdain for the law and the rules set out for the use of the Emergencies Act, he used a hammer to kill a fly.
BETTY-ANNE TREMBLAY
(Which, as we know, is a terrible way to kill a fly.)
QUITE THE SHOW
Trudeau put on a stellar “performance” Friday in desperately trying to prove his decision to suspend freedoms, give the police extraordinary powers and seize bank accounts of law-abiding Canadians was fully justified.
Trudeau wants us to ignore that the CSIS threat and risk assessment about the “Freedom Convoy” determined it posed no direct threat to national security, which is required to invoke the Emergencies Act. Also that RCMP commissioner Lucki felt all police methods to deal with the protest had not been exhausted before the act was invoked.
The final report comes down to Judge Rouleau, a long-term Liberal supporter. Teflon Trudeau likely has no major worries about what that report will find.
Trudeau reflects on repercussions of not invoking Emergencies Actcbc.ca
cbc.ca/

LARRY COMEAU
OTTAWA
(It’s like he has nine lives or something.)
‘SERENE’ IN HIS DECISION
As the Emergencies Act inquiry wrapped up, most Canadians were reassured to hear that the prime minister felt “serene” in his decision to impose a quasi-war-measures-type act on the population. Although some were horrified by the elastic interpretation of the act to rationalize this flagrant overreach, broad-based serenity has now washed over the masses. Apparently, serenity and catatonia go hand in hand, as we wallow in our apathy.
ALL WILLEY
EDMONTON
(Wake us up when this is all over.)
FIVE MINUTES ALL HE NEEDED
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau showed up Friday in front of the public inquiry to convince everybody he did the right thing by invoking the Emergencies Act to put an end to the truckers’ convoy in Ottawa in February. He spent five hours making his point that his decision was absolutely right. He should’ve reduced his appearance to five minutes by saying something like, “I am not so sure I made the right decision because I didn’t even try to talk to the truckers’ convoy. If my negotiations had failed, then I could say today my decision was right. All I can say now is that maybe my call was right — or maybe not. Sorry!”
JERZY RUDOWSKI
ABBOTSFORD, B.C.
(Diplomacy is never a bad decision.)

And now from Rex Murphy:

Rex Murphy: Trudeau's Emergencies Act theatre pure distraction​

In essence, the inquiry's mission was fulfilled once it was clear — and all but admitted by government ministers — that the conditions had not been met.

The Emergencies Act serves much the same purpose as the notwithstanding clause, limiting freedoms that Canadians generally take for granted, but is exclusive to Ottawa. To put a fine point on this, the act (for a period) is something like a dark magician’s spell, putting into a limbo of impotence, restrictions on government power to limit rights that would “not be appropriate in normal times.”

It is, thereby, a terrible weapon of the executive, a drastic and only-to-be-called-upon during the uttermost peril and threat to the Canadian nation as a whole.

The inquiry, just concluded, was to test whether the invocation of this statutory doomsday weapon was justified. The bar against invoking it, because of the power it gives to the state is, very rightly, extremely high, tightly defined, and definitionally clear.
When Doug Ford called upon the notwithstanding clause just a few weeks back various federal ministers and the prime minister sounded ominous warnings and grave cautions that the premier should have reached for a specific and limited deployment of that clause. Which demonstrated they very clearly appreciated the injury to democracy and civil rights involved in even a one-time, narrowly focused use of its powers.

Did the inquiry demonstrate that Ottawa’s calling upon the far more massive and invasive application of the Emergencies Act — the mother of all notwithstanding clauses was justified? Did it have an equal sense of the gravity of what was involved?

Clearly no. It was established early on during the inquiry that the conditions set out in the statute for the summoning of the Emergencies Act were not met. To stress: the conditions laid out in the act itself, as the absolute determinants of its legitimacy, its legality, were not met.
In other words that high bar, those defined circumstances in which alone any federal government could avail of the most draconian legislation on the Canadian statute books were not met.

In essence, the inquiry’s mission was fulfilled once it was clear — and all but admitted by government ministers — that the conditions had not been met, that, instead, other conditions than those laid down in the act itself were called upon.
The inquiry very casually walked by this obvious and totally significant point and went on an entirely irrelevant journey into all sorts of areas — some interesting, some diverting, some strange — but none to the point.
What was the mood in Ottawa during the protest? There is no reference to “mood” in the legislation. Did the finance minister have personal fears and dreadful fantasies of “what could happen” if the protest was not shut down? There is no reference to speculative or ungrounded projections by the finance minister, or any other minister for that matter, in the statutory terms for invoking the act, either.

What about calls from U.S. presidents during Canadian protests? The authors of the Emergencies Act made no provision for telephonic or other pressures from any president or specifically Joe Biden, as a legitimate precursor for the calling up the full power of the Canadian state.

These were just some of the various byways and meanderings that entertained the hearings — as said, all interesting and perhaps diverting, but none to the point; none speaking to the actual conditions laid down in the act itself.

Then we come to the prime ministers’ performance on the final day. Performance is a chosen word here. Much of the media and many of the punditerati must have thought they were at a play. They gave reviews in place of analysis. “Hey, he did pretty good up there.” They were very kind to some strange answers — especially the one about “protests aiming to change or overturn government policy.” What, in the name of Campbell’s soup, are all protests trying for, but to change policy?

But he was not there to ruminate on the nature of protest or offer his achievement of personal “serenity” after making the fateful decision, or wax on empathetically about “what might have happened” (he shared that fixation with his finance minister.)
He was there to tell whether or not the legal requirements for calling up the — I repeat — most drastic legislation available to the government had been met. He plainly could not say, did not say, and will never be able to say they were.

So, reports that he did well, that he showed that the Emergencies Act was “necessary,” even if it was not “legal,” and that, subjectively, being “necessary” eliminated the need for it to be “legal” were pure tosh.

His demeanour on the stand was irrelevant, his personal angst a sidetrack, and his mixed musings on all other subjects, distraction.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Quote from Mr Bennet on his new son-in-law with a little twinkling from me: "He is as fine a fellow as ever I saw. He simpers, and smirks, and makes love to us all. I am prodigiously proud of him. I defy even Sir Schwab himself to produce a more valuable Prime Minister!":headbanger:

Just caught this nugget, which I suppose it's not that surprising. They claim it was because of the economy... but I actually get the sense that it was because of how contagious it would have become for truckers in the US to pull the same stunt.

U.S. pressured Canada to end trucker protests earlier this year

Senior White House officials warned Ottawa about the catastrophic consequences that some sectors of the U.S. economy would suffer.

Senior U.S. officials in Joe Biden's Administration reportedly pressured the Cabinet of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to put an end to the so-called 'Freedom Convoy' protests led by truckers who blocked the borders between the two countries in rejection of health mandates to combat the covid-19 pandemic. These mobilizations would have put a sector of the U.S. economy in check, according to Político.

This information came to light on Thursday, November 24, as part of testimony and documents gathered during a federal investigation initiated in Canada by the Public Order Emergency Commission to determine the legality of the application of the Emergency Act, which was invoked by Trudeau last February to end border blockades and clear an occupation in the center of the country's capital, Ottawa.

According to reports, Chrystia Freeland, Canadian Minister of Economy, had a phone call on February 10 with the director of the White House National Economic Council, Brian Deese, in which the official reportedly expressed his concern about the economic consequences that the border blockade would have on U.S. industries.

"They are very, very, very, very concerned [...] If this is not resolved in the next twelve hours, all of their auto plants in the northeast will close," Freeland wrote in an email to her subordinates after the conversation.

In this context, the leaders of the two countries spoke by telephone on February 11. In that call, Trudeau assured Biden that he had a plan to end the blockades and free up the supply chains, not without first pointing out the logistical, economic and media support that the mobilization received from the US.

Once the Emergency Act was invoked, the Canadian authorities acquired the powers to freeze bank accounts at their discretion, prohibit travel to the places where the protests were to take place and force trucks to tow vehicles blocking the streets, among other powers. Now, the commission must determine if there was a legal justification for the government to apply this measure.

Just caught this nugget, which I suppose it's not that surprising. They claim it was because of the economy... but I actually get the sense that it was because of how contagious it would have become for truckers in the US to pull the same stunt.

Yes, that (bold) seems a reasonable factor, and it did for a bit that later seemed to peter out in the U.S.? It also seemed to me, could be wrong for sure, that this latest bit (Freeland was questioned on), while partly being a factor (U.S. calling the shots), was not the whole banana.

They pulled the Emergency's Act on Monday February 14th, following both declarations of a State of Emergency by Ottawa (Sunday Feb 6th), and Ontario (Friday Feb 11th) - on Monday Feb 7th, Mark Carney is rolled out with an Op-Ed in The Globe and Mail (chirping on TV before and after):

Carney's language was strong, centered around the word "sedition," and 4-days later Premier Ford pulls the Ontario emergency card, 3-days later it is full out War Measures (Emergencies Act), the rest is history.

When Freeland was questioned at the Inquiry by one of the inquires softball lawyers, the question of Biden and the Americans seemed to be primed, the direction to follow (look elsewhere). Does it seem like it was about Biden's worries from a few steel companies and the Windsor auto sector (and comments may have been made) - sure, a few billions at stake, yet that pales considering what they had collectively done 2-years prior to all Canadians? Otherwise, was someone calling the shots from the sidelines? Shots that included never before banking mechanisms of account seizures and asset forfeiture, like a test? They did not just invent it, it was in a slot. Later, when the dust was settling, even the banks tried to distance themselves (no cigar), however it does show how tightly integrated technological control now is. Even at the scamdemic beginnings when suddenly everything went online as if by magic - Money for the offering click her: CERB. Banking Mortgages and debt relief. Utilities deferment. Provincial cash, it was quick and amazing to watch the coordination.

I don't know, though, yet Inquiries come with terms of reference, and here were the outside group terms made under signature by many groups, however that clearly did not happen to the full or even partial extent. The official Order in Council terms used, were subsections like at the "Commissioners discretion" with "take all steps necessary to prevent any disclosure of information to persons or bodies that would be injurious to international relations, national defense or national security" (i.e., anything that could hurt the Government and relations), with the Privy Council (British) all over it.

Trudeau did not appear to really know what he was doing (does he ever), and even Freeland stumbled along with her smiles at all the wrong verbal and social cues.

All speculation.

BC readers are especially aware of Bill-36, which just past in Victoria - 600+ sections. This bill was rolled out by Darth Dix and Co. with a Health Bill like none other. Thus, BC seems ready and set to further travel down the road of medical tyranny, with new unknown measures for January.

In sum, all private practitioners (24 or so associations) are now being rolled under the umbrella of 6 divisions. Association boards are scraped, and government appointed board will be made. Some of the subsections are simply chilling, such as medical misinformation being high on the list, with practitioners and such facing potential years in jail and massive fines and forfeiture. This comes with a public ratline reporting system for anything 'they' might not like hearing.

There may be a mass exodus of doctors, nurses and practitioners, which seems to have already started.

Have a listen to these two ladies on some of the Acts implications.

Note: Rebel News has this messed up, it is not a Drag Queen Storytime video as shown - ignore that. If you push play it immediately jumps to the BC Bill-36 discussion:

BC readers are especially aware of Bill-36, which just past in Victoria - 600+ sections. This bill was rolled out by Darth Dix and Co. with a Health Bill like none other. Thus, BC seems ready and set to further travel down the road of medical tyranny, with new unknown measures for January.

In sum, all private practitioners (24 or so associations) are now being rolled under the umbrella of 6 divisions. Association boards are scraped, and government appointed board will be made. Some of the subsections are simply chilling, such as medical misinformation being high on the list, with practitioners and such facing potential years in jail and massive fines and forfeiture. This comes with a public ratline reporting system for anything 'they' might not like hearing.

There may be a mass exodus of doctors, nurses and practitioners, which seems to have already started.

Note: Rebel News has this messed up, it is not a Drag Queen Storytime video as shown - ignore that. If you push play it immediately jumps to the BC Bill-36 discussion:

Wow, that just slipped through. I had to do some digging to find out more, I had heard nothing about this. I was curious to see who voted for it. My own MP voted for it (to be expected based on history and party stance). I actually read through the second reading proceedings, (_https://www.leg.bc.ca/documents-dat...3rd-session/20221027pm-Hansard-n241#241B:1550) and some members raised concerns over the rescheduling to remove a third of the days available for debate due to the incoming provincial minister’s inauguration and related celebrations, giving everyone an extra week off from proceedings this session. Very disappointing this was rushed through. The ramifications will not be evident until outspoken medical professionals leave BC in droves (if they haven’t already). They can now be threatened with seizure of property (and other ‘remedies”) in addition to loss of their licensing for not following government-backed dogma. Bleak. Alberta is looking better every day!

When Freeland was questioned at the Inquiry by one of the inquires softball lawyers, the question of Biden and the Americans seemed to be primed, the direction to follow (look elsewhere). Does it seem like it was about Biden's worries from a few steel companies and the Windsor auto sector (and comments may have been made) - sure, a few billions at stake, yet that pales considering what they had collectively done 2-years prior to all Canadians? Otherwise, was someone calling the shots from the sidelines? Shots that included never before banking mechanisms of account seizures and asset forfeiture, like a test? They did not just invent it, it was in a slot. Later, when the dust was settling, even the banks tried to distance themselves (no cigar), however it does show how tightly integrated technological control now is. Even at the scamdemic beginnings when suddenly everything went online as if by magic - Money for the offering click her: CERB. Banking Mortgages and debt relief. Utilities deferment. Provincial cash, it was quick and amazing to watch the coordination.
I think this is what is becoming apparent I would say, that these inquiries are making evident, to whoever is paying attention, that the efforts and the coordination that we all saw at the beginning was very real and it was supranational. And so, it would stand to logic, that despite the different approaches in different countries, the response to how people responded to the measures, was just as equally coordinated at this supranational level.

If that is not seeing the man behind the curtain, I am not sure what would it take to show it.

And it has been discussed elsewhere but it was really a massive work of psychological analysis of the masses based on their culture and geographical location, but it couldn't have been achieved with such success if it had not been coordinated from a single center of power. Biden, Trump, Trudeau, it really didn't matter where these leaders would stand in relation to one another, they all got the same memo and their job, as it always has been, was to simply sell it to the population.

It can also be found on the Rebel News web site at the moment:

And it has been discussed elsewhere but it was really a massive work of psychological analysis of the masses based on their culture and geographical location, but it couldn't have been achieved with such success if it had not been coordinated from a single center of power. Biden, Trump, Trudeau, it really didn't matter where these leaders would stand in relation to one another, they all got the same memo and their job, as it always has been, was to simply sell it to the population.
Interesting though that, despite this coordination, Turdeau still messed up and got a summons to Mini-Me (thank you Pepe Escobar!) This is where the story about White House pressure on Ottawa provides the missing piece, I think. Biden's administration likely got very worried about the protests and that reaction led to a panic by Swami Blackface that he was getting the US offside.

Grand plans are one thing, but it's very hard to keep a team together when all the players hate and fear each other.

The criticism is pouring out! His reputation is done! He won't survive too long.... A new reshuffling in this cabinet should occur ... His new portfolio? 1670007099402.png

Justin Trudeau blasted for condemning China after his own suppression: ‘LOOK IN THE MIRROR TYRANT’​

Story by Joe Silverstein • 4h ago
React108 Comments|Fox News

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is being labeled a hypocrite by some for expressing support for Chinese protesters rallying against President Xi Jinping's "zero-COVID" policy after his own suppression of anti-lockdown protesters in Canada earlier this year.

View on Watch
Trudeau told reporters Tuesday, "Obviously everyone in China should be allowed to express themselves, should be allowed to, you know, share their — their perspectives, and indeed protest. We’re going to continue to ensure that China knows we’ll stand up for human rights, we’ll stand with people who are expressing themselves."
In February, Trudeau invoked the Emergencies Act for the first time in Canadian history to quell the trucker's "Freedom Convoy" anti-lockdown protest in the capital city of Ottawa. This controversial decision gave the government the power to prohibit public assembly, restrict travel, require businesses - such as tow companies - to act on the government’s demands and freeze the bank accounts of those suspected of supporting the convoy.
CANADA'S TRUDEAU DEFENDS USING EMERGENCY POWERS TO SHUT DOWN FREEDOM CONVOY PROTESTS

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau testifies before the Public Order Emergency Commission public inquiry on November 25, 2022, in Ottawa. - The Commission heard Trudeau speak in defense of the rarely used wartime measures which were invoked to dislodge a trucker-led protests in February 2022 after weeks that brought Ottawa to a standstill and disrupted trade. DAVE CHAN/AFP via Getty Images
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau testifies before the Public Order Emergency Commission public inquiry on November 25, 2022, in Ottawa. - The Commission heard Trudeau speak in defense of the rarely used wartime measures which were invoked to dislodge a trucker-led protests in February 2022 after weeks that brought Ottawa to a standstill and disrupted trade. DAVE CHAN/AFP via Getty Images© DAVE CHAN/AFP via Getty Images
James Melville, a political commentator based in the United Kingdom, criticized Trudeau for targeting Canadian truckers' bank accounts when they protested against his government's lockdown and mandatory vaccinations.

"Justin Trudeau on the anti-lockdown protesters in China: ‘Everyone in China should be allowed to express themselves.’ He didn't allow his own citizens in Canada to do the same. He closed their bank accounts. Gargantuan hypocrisy," Melville tweeted.
READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP
Avi Yemini, a correspondent for Rebel News, labeled Trudeau a hypocrite.
"OMG! Justin Trudeau is CONDEMNING China for their treatment of anti-lockdown protesters and journalists on the ground. The chutzpah of this guy. After HE did the exact same thing. LOOK IN THE MIRROR TYRANT," he tweeted.
Dr. Eli David, an artificial intelligence expert and investor, tweeted "Justin Trudeau condemns China for doing exactly what he did."
CHINA DEPLOYS RIOT POLICE IN HAZMAT SUITS TO CRACK DOWN ON COVID PROTESTS

Lockdown enforcers in China were arrested after being seen beating civilians. Viral Press
Lockdown enforcers in China were arrested after being seen beating civilians. Viral Press© Viral Press
Viva Frei, an attorney and conservative commentator, also blasted the Canadian prime minister as a "tyrant".
"Hypocrite, tyrant, gaslighting abuser, thy name is @JustinTrudeau. Trudeau supports protest in China. Just not in Canada. #MeanwhileInCommunistCanada," he tweeted.
Dr. Jordan B. Peterson, a clinical psychologist and bestselling author who rose to prominence in 2015 for opposing Canada's Bill C-16, which compels by law the use of one's preferred gender pronouns, similarly blasted Trudeau.
"The Chinese can protest COVID authoritarianism but supporters of Canadian truckers need to have their bank accounts frozen (the most totalitarian move made by a Western leader perhaps ever). I really don't understand how he can stand listening to himself talk @JustinTrudeau," Peterson wrote.

Protestors stand in front of the Parliament Buildings as truckers take part in a convoy to protest coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine mandates for cross-border truck drivers in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, January 29, 2022. REUTERS/Patrick Doyle
Protestors stand in front of the Parliament Buildings as truckers take part in a convoy to protest coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine mandates for cross-border truck drivers in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, January 29, 2022. REUTERS/Patrick Doyle© REUTERS/Patrick Doyle
In a separate tweet, Peterson asked if the disturbing images from China foreshadow dark times ahead for the rest of the world.
"The dystopian future awaiting us all? Don't say ‘no’ too quickly... our good friends the CCP have a lout of clout," he said.

Back
Top Bottom