Getting a "Handl" on things?

Oh wow- after researching this clue- a plasma arc is a stabalized plasma WINDOW. Science is starting to get really really fun. :D

Daenerys said:

I just found another Handl. It is a reference to V. Mutnansky and K. Handl in " Plasma Arc Cutting of Bridge Steels" - Bridges, Iron, and Steel

https://www.google.com/search?q=mutnasky+and+handl&oq=mutnasky+and+handl&aqs=chrome..69i57.5595j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#nirf=mutnansky+and+hand&q=mutnansky+and+handl

My son is in school for welding and graduates in January. It was a total fluke that I found this- was looking for something else.

Well, in addition to what I posted here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,55.90.html

All I keep thinking is plasma "ARK'

QuoteA: You should know that these bloodlines become parasitically infected, harassed and tinkered with whenever a quantum leap of awareness is imminent. Q: Whenever a quantum leap...
A: Such as "now."

A: Even if speed of light travel, or "faster," were not possible, and it is, of course, there is no reason why an alien race could not construct a space "ark,"living for many generations on it. They could travel great distances through time and space, looking for a suitable world for conquest. Upon finding such, they could then install this ark in a distant orbit, build bases upon various solid planes in that solar system, and proceed to patiently manipulate the chosen civilizations to develop a suitable technological infrastructure. And then, after the instituting of a long, slow, and grand mind programming project, simply step in and take it over once the situation was suitable.

After researching a little more into what a plasma arc and plasma window are, what also stands out to me is that the word barrier is used. That brings us back to schizophrenia, which relates to toxoplasmosis, and another session I keep thinking of in relation to this: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,24722.msg285390.html#msg285390

Q: (L) Okay. What's the next question? (Psyche) We were checking some statistics and we realized that full siblings of schizophrenics are nine times more likely than the general population to have schizophrenia, and four times more likely to have bipolar disorder. Is {name redacted} affected by this genetic tendency?

A: Oh indeed! However this requires explanation. First of all, the genetics that are associated with schizophrenia can be either a doorway or a barrier. Second, the manifestation of schizophrenia can take non-ordinary pathways. That is to say that diet can activate the pathway without the concomitant benefits

.Q: (Burma) I think that they're saying that schizophrenia could essentially be a way to be open to seeing other aspects of reality but diet can make it so it basically just makes you crazy without actually seeing anything.

A: Primitive societies that eat according to the normal diet for human beings do not have "schizophrenics", but they do have shamans who can "see".

Q: (Perceval) So a schizophrenic on animal fat is a shaman. (L) Well, wait a minute. There's something real subtle here. What I think you're saying is that when these genetic pathways are activated through wrong diet, it screws up the shamanic capacity?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) So, schizophrenia as we understand it or have witnessed it is a screw-up of something that could or might manifest in a completely different way on a different diet? Is that it?A: Yes

Q: (L) And that's what you meant by not only a doorway, but also a barrier because the person who is on the wrong diet and has schizophrenia is barred from being able to be a bridge between the worlds. They kind of get lost. They're barred from having a normal life, and they're also barred from coming back from their delusions or whatever they're seeing even if they're not delusions. Maybe they’re seeing, but they're unable to help or do anything.

Of course, I cannot help but think of bridges in the " bridge" between worlds aspect either

This also comes to mind: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,18687.0.html

(L) OH! I wanted to ask about my iron pan! You think they'll come back? Hello? Are you there? Are you back? I have one last question! Come back! Are you there?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) I want to ask a question about my iron pan that broke on Ramadan, the 22nd of August. What caused my iron pan to break?A: You.Q: (L) Why did I break my iron pan?

A: A message to self.

Q: (L) Well, I haven't been able to figure out what the message was.A: What part broke?Q: (Joe) The handle. Does that mean Florida is going to break off? (L) Oh, the handle?

A: "Get a handle on things!"

Q: (L) Hmm. Get a handle on things. (A***) Any specific area?

(L) Was there any special significance to the things I broke the day that the geese were killed?

A: Just the energies already discussed.

Q: (L) What am I supposed to get a handle on?

A: The whole operation. You have been relying on people inside a frequency fence. It will take diligent practice of the program, including networking, for those afflicted to rise above.

Q: (L) But they can do it, is that it?

A: Oh yes! Now goodnight! Goodbye.

It took me forever to find it, because I could not remember the exact verbiage, but I also find it interesting that "cutting" is related to words that mean writing - like writing genetic code maybe?

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,5283.msg35502.html#msg35502

Q: We have the phoenix, cranes, herons, doves, ravens, and all are related somehow to speech or writing. Why are all these birds related this way?
A: Pass the test.
Q: What do you mean 'pass the test?
'A: Discover.
Q: Well, writing is related to the words for cutting and inscribing and even shearing and sharks. You called the Etruscans 'Penitant Avian Lords,' who were also 'Templar Carriers.' Is this related to these bird images? Then related to speech, writing and shearing?A: Pass the test.
Q: So, if you are writing, and you pass the test, then you can be a phoenix, dove or whatever?
A: Discover.

I must admit I feel like I am talking to myself here a bit :) but found another flukish "handl" while looking for something in regards to my son's welding, not exactly related to this really.

http://jpsj.ipap.jp/link?JPSJ/73/573/

Stochastic Processes Having Fractional Order Nonlinearity Associated with Hyper Gamma DistributionHidetoshi Konno1,2 and Peter S. Lomdahl1,21Institute of Engineering Mechanics and Systems, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573
2Theoretical Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM 87545, U.S.A.
(Received November 5, 2003)Stochastic processes with fractional order nonlinearity that give rise to the hyper Gamma distribution are demonstrated. Nonlinear mathematical structures necessary for the appearance of the hyper Gamma distribution are also exhibited for one, two, three-dimensional systems. Information geometrical relations for their associated nonlinear Langevin equations are displayed, and their physical significance is discussed in conjunction with the fluctuation–dissipation theorem for the Langevin equations. ©2004 The Physical Society of JapanURL: http://jpsj.ipap.jp/link?JPSJ/73/573/
DOI: 10.1143/JPSJ.73.573
KEYWORDS:nonlinear stochastic process, fractional order nonlinearity, hyper Gamma distribution, nonlinear mathematical structure, information geometrical relations, fluctuation–dissipation theorem

|
Full Text PDF (130K)| |Buy This Article| Citation: Plain Text BiBTeX EndNote(RIS) RSS References | Citing Articles (4)
  • W. Feller: An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1970) 3rd ed., Vol. I.
  • W. Weibull: A Statistical Theory of the Strength of Materials, Ing. Vetenskaps Acad. Handl. 151 (1939).
  • W. Weibull: The Phenomenon of Rupture and Flow in Solids, Ing. Vetenskaps Acad. Handl. 153 (1939).
  • M. G. Kendall and W. R. Buckland: A Dictionary of Statistical Terms (Longman, New York, 1982).
  • T. Furukawa: Jumyo no Suri (Mathematics of Life) (Asakura, Tokyo, 1997) [in Japanese].
  • E. Suzuki: Pap. Meteorol. Geophys. 18 (1967) 103; Kisho Tokeigaku (Statistics in Meteorology) (Chijin Shokan, Tokyo, 1968) [in Japanese].
  • Fluctuation Phenomena, ed. E. W. Montroll and J. L. Lebowitz (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1979).
  • T. Ozaki: Nonlinear Time Series Models and Dynamical Systems, ed. E. J. Hannan et al. (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1985) Handbook of Statistics, Vol. 5, p. 25.
  • E. Wong and M. Zakai: Ann. Math. Stat. 36 (1965) 1560.
  • H. Haken: Synergetics (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1980).
  • H. Konno: Nonlinear Stochastic Dynamics and Instability Theory, ed. J. D. Lewins and M. Becker (Plenum Press, New York, 1999) Nuclear Science and Engineering, Vol. 26, p. 21.
  • S. Amari: Differential Geometrical Methods in Statistics (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1985) Lecture Notes in Statistics, Vol. 28.
  • Y. Saito: Prog. Brain Sci. 19 (1975) 1172 [in Japanese].
  • M. Suzuki: Adv. Chem. Phys. 46 (1981) 195.
  • Selected Works of A. N. Kolmogorov, ed. A. N. Shirayev (Kluwer Academic, London, 1992) Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics, Vol. II.
  • E. Wong: Proc. Am. Math. Soc. Symp. Appl. Math. 16 (1963) 264.
  • Y. Hamada: Annu. Rep. ISM 31 (1983) 151 [in Japanese].
  • B. Manderbrot: The Fractal Geometry of Nature (W.H. Freeman & Co., New York, 1977).
  • M. C. Gutzwiller: Chaos in Classical and Quantum Mechanics (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1990).
  • T. A. Brody: Lett. Nuovo Cimento 7 (1973) 482.
  • [/l][/l][/l][/l]

Well, since this is the "third" handl in less than a week maybe this has about run its course. Was doing a search related to gamma while playing connect the dots, and found this. :D
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8679630/Swedish-man-arrested-after-trying-to-split-atoms-in-his-kitchen.html
Richard Handl said that he had the radioactive elements radium, americium and uranium in his apartment in southern Sweden when police showed up and arrested him on charges of unauthorised possession of nuclear material. Handl, 31, said he had tried for months to set up a nuclear reactor at home and kept a blog about his experiments, describing how he created a small meltdown on his stove. Only later did he realise it might not be legal and sent a question to Sweden’s Radiation Authority, which answered by sending the police. “I have always been interested in physics and chemistry,” Handl said, adding he just wanted to “see if it’s possible to split atoms at home”. The police raid took place in late July, but police have refused to comment. If convicted, Handl could face fines or up to two years in prison.

Good to see you hunting and connecting dots Cyndi. :)

The "Handl" you found here is actually an abbreviation of Swedish handlingar.

On St. Elmo's fire,
[quote author=http://www.electricuniverse.info/St_Elmo%27s_fire]In ancient Greece, the appearance of a single one was called Helena and two were called Castor and Pollux.[/quote]
[quote author=http://www.juliettewood.com/papers/stelmosfire.pdf]A strange light which hovers at the tips of masts after intense thundery sea storms is known to sailors as corpuzanto or St Elmo’s fire. This phenomenon is actually a corona of hot ionised gas which surrounds raised pointed objects that act as conductors during storms. First hand accounts from sailors, pilots and people observing tornadoes describe it as a bluish to whitish light, sometimes accompanied by a hissing sound.

The phenomenon is widely regarded as a weather indicator. Pliny in his Natural History, that wonderful compendium of classical popular belief, mentions the glow as a way to forecast the severity of storms at sea. A single corona indicated a severe storm, and the storm would be even more severe if the glowing ball rolled about and did not stay in one place. Two however was a good sign, while three was very bad. There is also some indication that the eerie light was associated with the twins Castor and Pollux, sons of Zeus one of whom was immortal and one not, who formed the constellation Gemini. In his account of the Gallic Wars, Julius Caesar described a terrestrial occurrence of the strange glow. After a fierce February hailstorm, the points of spears carried by the Fifth Legion glowed with a mysterious light.[/quote]

Castor and Pollux
– the common name given by sailors to St. Elmo’s Fire. The twins Castor and Pollux accompanied Jason on his quest for the Golden Fleece aboard the Argo. During the voyage a violent storm blew up threatening the ship, but suddenly strange flames were seen to play around the heads of the twins and the sea became calm. This was, of course, due to their heads being illuminated by Poseidon, identifying them as favourites of the gods and hence causing the storm to pass by them. This stroke of good luck, and the fact that they cleared the Hellespont of pirates on their return from Colchis, has made them the sailors’ friend and a common invocation amongst seafarers in peril.

Muxel, the weird thing about that was my mind had already went there before that before I found that:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,8274.0.html

My mind keeps also going to the movie " Face Off" which featured Castor and Pollux Troy.

To add to an even more bizzare set of events, a friend of mine just called me from Roswell GA and told me he saw a blue green luminous ball fall from the sky in an arc type fashion. He said he was expecting an explosion. He is the most non woo- woo type person you could ever meet. He knows I like weird stuff and wanted to see if I knew what it might be. This was less than an hour ago. Can't make this stuff up-it's too weird.

Cyndi said:
Muxel, the weird thing about that was my mind had already went there before that before I found that:

My mind keeps also going to the movie " Face Off" which featured Castor and Pollux Troy.

To add to an even more bizzare set of events, a friend of mine just called me from Roswell GA and told me he saw a blue green luminous ball fall from the sky in an arc type fashion. He said he was expecting an explosion. He is the most non woo- woo type person you could ever meet. He knows I like weird stuff and wanted to see if I knew what it might be. This was less than an hour ago. Can't make this stuff up-it's too weird.

To add here, for those who have not seen this movie, it is both a "face off" between good and evil, and also both the good and the evil characters assume the face of the other. It is also "face off" as in no mask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face/Off

For whatever reason, my brain always makes shortcuts with songs and movie themes. Sigh.

This is really interesting. I'm in the middle of this thread and will definitely need to read it in its entirety and several times, and nothing is clear yet, but decided to post some notes that came up along the way.

Laura said:
Cs session 31October1998 said:
Q: My next thought was that it could indicate actual places
or locations in space time on the planet that would be
represented by coordinates.
A: Zuber.
Q: What does THAT mean?
A: Research.

Ok. Zuber. This word just jumped out as the most unusual word. As per classic homeopathy, the most unusual symptoms is the most indicative of the whole state of ... and pointing it out can help to find the appropriate remedy. It might be that Zuber is Rebus(z). In some languages, in Spanish, for example, 'z" is pronounced as "s" From Wiki here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebus

A rebus is an allusional device that uses pictures to represent words or parts of words. It was a favourite form of heraldic expression used in the Middle Ages to denote surnames, for example in its basic form three salmon fish to denote the name "Salmon". A more sophisticated example was the rebus of Bishop Walter Lyhart (d.1472) of Norwich, consisting of a stag (or hart) lying down in a conventional representation of water. The composition alludes to the name, profession or personal characteristics of the bearer, and speaks to the beholder Non verbis, sed rebus, which Latin expression signifies "not by words but by things"[1] (res, rei (f), a thing, object, matter; rebus being ablative plural).

So, as we can see it relates to the Green language, osit. If Zuber is Rebus read in reverse, it is interesting in itself, osit, because this might point out to places (countries) where people write not from left to right, but in reverse – from right to left. Zuber might also be Z-Uber or Zubr. About Zubr from Wiki: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/zubr

From Proto-Slavic *zǫbrъ ~ *izǫbrъ, possibly from Proto-Indo-European *ǵómbʰ- (“tooth, horn, peg”)

zubr (plural zubrs)
1. (obsolete) One of several species of European bison or aurochs, then unclearly delineated.  [quotations ▼]
2. wisent, European bison (Bison bonasus)
3. wisent, European bison

"Peg" is a sort of handle, right? In addition, about winsent, European bison http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisent

The European bison (Bison bonasus), also known as wisent (/ˈviːzənt/ or /ˈwiːzənt/) or the European wood bison, is a Eurasian species of bison. It is one of two extant species of bison, alongside the American bison.

European bison were hunted to extinction in the wild, with the last wild animals being shot in the Białowieża Forest (on the Poland-Belarus border) in 1919 and in the North-Western Caucasus in 1927. They have since been reintroduced from captivity into several countries in Europe, all descendants of the Białowieża or lowland European bison.
In the past, especially during the Middle Ages, it was commonly killed for its hide, and to produce drinking horns.

About drinking horns: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_horn

A drinking horn is the horn of a bovid used as a drinking vessel. Drinking horns are known from Classical Antiquity especially the Balkans, and remained in use for ceremonial purposes throughout the Middle Ages and the Early Modern period in some parts of Europe, notably in Germanic Europe, and also in traditions of the Caucasus. Drinking horns remain an important accessory in the culture of ritual toasting in Georgia in particular, where they are known as khantsi.[2]

Drinking vessels made from glass, ceramics or metal styled in the shape of drinking horns are also known from antiquity, in Greek known as rhyton.

[...]

Rhyta were also known in Achaemenid Persia, typically made from precious metal.[3] A Late Archaic (ca. 480 BC) Attic red-figure vase shows Dionysus and a satyr each holding a drinking horn.

Julius Caesar has a description of Gaulish use of aurochs drinking horns (cornu urii) in De bello gallico 6.28:

„Amplitudo cornuum et figura et species multum a nostrorum boum cornibus differt. Haec studiose conquisita ab labris argento circumcludunt atque in amplissimis epulis pro poculis utuntur.“

"The [Gaulish] horns in size, shape, and kind are very different from those of our cattle. They are much sought-after, their rim fitted with silver, and they are used at great feasts as drinking vessels."

These horns are the most spectacular known specimens of Germanic Iron Age drinking horns, but they were sadly lost in 1802 and are now only known from 17th to 18th century drawings.

Some notable examples of drinking horns of Dark Ages Europe were made of the horns of the urus or European buffalo, extinct in the 17th century. These horns were carefully dressed up and their edges lipped all round with silver. The remains of a notable example were recovered from the Sutton Hoo burial Ram or goat drinking horns, known as khantsi, remain an important accessoire in the culture of ritual toasting in Georgia. During a formal dinner (supra) Georgians propose a toast, led by a toastmaster (tamada) who sets the topic of each round of toasting. Toasts are made with either wine or brandy, toasting with beer is considered an insult.[2]

In Swiss culture, a large drinking horn together with a wreath of oak leaves is the traditional prize for the winning team of a Hornussen tournament.

Modern-day Asatru adherents use drinking horns for Blóts and sumbels.

Rhyton is described as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyton

A rhyton (plural rhytons or, following the Greek plural, rhyta) is a container from which fluids were intended to be drunk, or else poured in some ceremony such as libation.

The English word rhyton originates in the ancient Greek word ῥυτόν (rhŭtón). The conical rhyton form was known in the Aegean region since the Bronze Age; i.e., the 2nd millennium BC. However, it was by no means confined to there. Similar in form to, and perhaps originating from, the drinking horn, it has been widespread over Eurasia since prehistoric times.

[...]

Liddell and Scott[1] give a standard derivation from Greek rhein, "to flow", which, according to Julius Pokorny,[2] is from Indo-European *sreu-, "flow." As rhutos is "stream," the neuter, rhuton, would be some sort of object associated with pouring, in English "pourer". Many vessels considered rhytons featured a wide mouth at the top and a hole through a conical constriction at the bottom from which the fluid ran. The idea is that one scooped wine or water from a storage vessel or similar source, held it up, unstoppered the hole with one's thumb, and let the fluid run into the mouth (or onto the ground in libation) in the same way wine is drunk from a wineskin today.

[...]

Smith points out[3] that this use is testified in classical paintings and accepts Athenaeus's etymology that it was named apo tes rhyseos, "from the flowing". Smith also categorized the name as having been a recent form (in classical times) of a vessel formerly called the keras, "horn", in the sense of a drinking horn. The word rhyton is not present in what is known of the oldest form of Greek, Mycenaean Greek, written in Linear B, but the bull's head rhyton, of which many examples survive, is mentioned in the inventory of vessels at Knossos, such as tablet 231 (K872), as ke-ra-a, shown with the bull ideogram. The word is restored as an adjective, *kera(h)a, with Mycenaean intervocalic h.[4]
Rhyta occur among the remains of civilizations speaking different languages and language groups in and around the Near and Middle East, such as Persia, from the second millennium BC onwards.

Apparently, there is quite a few "pagan" organizations that use horns and drinking from horns in their rituals. About Asatru from Wiki again: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asatru#.C3.81satr.C3.BA

Ásatrú (pronounced [auːsatruː] in Icelandic, [aːsatruː] in Old Norse) is a modern Icelandic compound derived from Áss, which refers to the Æsir, an Old Norse term for the Gods, and trú, literally "faith". Thus, Ásatrú is the "faith in the Æsir". The term is the Icelandic translation of Asetro, a neologism coined in the context of 19th century romantic nationalism, used by Edvard Grieg in his 1870 opera Olaf Trygvason[citation needed]. Ásatrúar, sometimes used as a plural in English, is properly the genitive of Ásatrú.

In Germany, the terms Asatru and Odinism were borrowed from the Anglosphere in the 1990s, with a chapter of Odinic Rite formed in 1995 and the Eldaring as a partner organization of The Troth formed in 2000. Eldaring takes Asatru as a synonym of Germanic neopaganism in general, following usage by The Troth. Other organizations avoid Asatru in favour of Germanisches Heidentum ("Germanic Heathenry"). Eldaring is the only pagan organization at the national level in Germany self-described as Asatru.

The term Vanatru is coined after Ásatrú, implying a focus on the family of the Gods within the Æsir known as the Vanir. After that, the word Røkkatru was coined to imply a focus on the Røkkr or the twilight entities in opposition to the Norse Gods, such as Loki.

The Troth, formerly the Ring of Troth, is an American-based international heathen organization.[1][2] The organization was founded on December 20 (Mothers' Night), 1987 by former Ásatrú Free Assembly members Edred Thorsson and James Chisholm.[3] However, neither is any longer involved with the organization. The current Steersman is Steven T. Abell.[4]

The Troth is recognized as a non-profit corporation in the state of Texas and recognized by the state of New York as a 501(c)(3) non-profit religious organization. It hosts a yearly June meeting called Trothmoot. Trothmoot 2012 was held at Camp Netimus in Milford, Pennsylvania.[5]

So, there is German and American paganism organizations that are most likely connected together. A little bit more about the Eldaring: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldaring

The leadership of both Thorsson and Chisholm became controversial because of their association with the Satanist Temple of Set. In 1988 to 1989, Rob Meek campaigned against the "Satanist infiltration" of the group. The Ásatrú Alliance in 1989 declared that there could be no association of Ásatrú and Satanism. In 1991, Thorsson and Chisholm sought for a new leader (Steersman) of the group, as it had become clear that they were too controversial to fill this position. The office of Steerswoman was eventually accepted by Prudence Priest in 1992.
[...]

The German Eldaring started in 2000 as a partner society of The Troth, and was officially founded and registered in 2002. As of 2008, it claimed some 200 members, and had an active internet forum with almost 5000 users.[17] It claims political neutrality, and holds that "folkish" and (non-racial) universalism are not necessarily at odds.

[...]

Edred Thorsson intended the Ring of Troth to be based on scholarship and provide priests trained to high academic standards

And a little bit more about "symbel" and pagan ritual where drinking horns are used:

Symbel (OE) and sumbl (ON) are Germanic terms for "feast, banquet".

Paul C. Bauschatz in 1976 suggested that the term reflects a pagan ritual which had a "great religious significance in the culture of the early Germanic people".[1] Bauschatz' lead is followed only sporadically in modern scholarship, but his interpretation has inspired such solemn drinking-rituals in Germanic neopaganism.

The ritual according to Bauschatz was always conducted indoors, usually in a chieftain's mead hall. Symbel involved a formulaic ritual which was more solemn and serious than mere drinking or celebration. The primary elements of symbel are drinking ale or mead from a drinking horn, speech making (which often included formulaic boasting and oaths), and gift giving. Eating and feasting were specifically excluded from symbel, and no alcohol was set aside for the gods or other deities in the form of a sacrifice.

A number of earlier scholars have argued for a borrowing from Latin symbola,[6] Against this derivation (in the case of OE symbel), P.A. Erades argues that these cognates go back to Common Germanic *sumil or *sumal "gathering" (in the last case, with ablaut in the suffix). He explains the Germanic stem *sum- as ultimately deriving from Proto-Indo-European *sṃ, the zero-grade of ablaut of *sem "one, together".[7] This is the same element which developed into copulative a in Ancient Greek.

Paul Bauschatz appears to accept sum, sam "together", but proposes that the word represents a compound with alu "ale" as its second element (rather than a suffix). This would render the meaning "gathering or coming together of ale"

Not to be confused is the unrelated homophone symbel, symble meaning "always, ever".

And from the Sumbel appears a thyle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumbel

In Beowulf, Unferth the thyle (cf.: ON þulr) appears to act as a royal officiant at the feast which King Hrothgar organised for the Geatish newcomers, Beowulf and his companions. He challenged and questioned Beowulf, not eschewing taunts and mockery (flyting). Since no one intervenes during the incident, such behaviour appears to have been expected of him.
• In Beowulf, a warrior's boast (gielp, gylp) or his oath (beot) is often spoken at a feast.

The former is a boast of one's own worthiness, such as one's accomplishments, ancestry, etc. The latter is a boast of an action one plans to undertake. In order to protect the luck of the hall, such boasts are subject to challenge by the thyle, whose job it is to make sure that unlucky boasts do not contaminate the luck of all present.

A Thyle (OE Þyle, ON Þulr) was a member of the court associated with Scandinavian and Anglo-Saxon royalty and chieftains in the Early Middle Ages, with the duty of determining truth of public statements. Most literary references are found in Icelandic and Anglo-Saxon literature like the Hávamál, where Odin himself is called "the great thul",[1] and Beowulf. It also appears on the runic inscription of the Snoldelev Stone.

Unferth holds the role of thyle in the poem Beowulf, so that his questioning of Beowulf's statements may have been part of his office, rather than motivated by petty antagonism.
Some modern scholars view the role of the thyle as being usurped by monks after Christianization, and being reduced to the modern caricature of the court jester (hence the Latin gloss of curra).

Now, about Thule (some of it was already posted by luc): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule

Thule (/ˈθjuːliː/;[1][2][3] Greek: Θούλη, Thoúlē), also spelled Thula, Thila, or Thyïlea, is, in classical European literature and maps, a region in the far north. Though often considered to be an island in antiquity, modern interpretations of what was meant by Thule often identify it as Norway,[2][4] an identification supported by modern calculations.[5]

Other interpretations include Orkney, Shetland, and Scandinavia. In the Late Middle Ages and Renaissance, Thule was often identified as Iceland or Greenland. Another suggested location is Saaremaa in the Baltic Sea.[6][7] The term ultima Thule in medieval geographies denotes any distant place located beyond the "borders of the known world". Sometimes it is used as a proper noun (Ultima Thule) as the Latin name for Greenland when Thule is used for Iceland.

A municipality in northern Greenland (Avannaa) was formerly named Thule after the mythical place. The Thule People, the predecessor of modern Inuit Greenlanders, were named after the Thule region. In 1953, Thule became Thule Air Base, operated by United States Air Force. The population was forced to resettle to Qaanaaq, 67 miles to the north[35] (76°31′50.21″N 68°42′36.13″W only 840 NM from the North Pole).

The Scottish Gaelic for Iceland is "Innis Tile", which means literally the "Isle of Thule".[36] Ultima Thule was the title of the 1929 novel by Henry Handel Richardson, set in colonial Australia.

I haven't read the book, but the location as in Australia for Ultima Thule is kind of surpising, osit. Far south, not Far north: not as to be expected from North paganism cults. And it's probably doesn't refer to the Australia that we know about, but some other place.

Again from Wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia

Etymology

Pronounced [əˈstɹæɪljə, -liə] in Australian English, the name Australia is derived from the Latin australis, meaning "southern". The country has been referred to colloquially as Oz since the early 20th century.

Legends of Terra Australis Incognita—an "unknown land of the South"—date back to Roman times and were commonplace in medieval geography, although not based on any documented knowledge of the continent. Following European discovery, names for the Australian landmass were often references to the famed Terra Australis.

The earliest recorded use of the word Australia in English was in 1625 in "A note of Australia del Espíritu Santo, written by Sir Richard Hakluyt", published by Samuel Purchas in Hakluytus Posthumus, a corruption of the original Spanish name "Tierra Austral del Espíritu Santo" (Southern Land of the Holy Spirit) for an island in Vanuatu. The Dutch adjectival form Australische was used in a Dutch book in Batavia (Jakarta) in 1638, to refer to the newly discovered lands to the south.

Australia was later used in a 1693 translation of Les Aventures de Jacques Sadeur dans la Découverte et le Voyage de la Terre Australe, a 1676 French novel by Gabriel de Foigny, under the pen-name Jacques Sadeur. Referring to the entire South Pacific region, Alexander Dalrymple used it in An Historical Collection of Voyages and Discoveries in the South Pacific Ocean in 1771. By the end of the 18th century, the name was being used to refer specifically to Australia, with the botanists George Shaw and Sir James Smith writing of "the vast island, or rather continent, of Australia, Australasia or New Holland" in their 1793 Zoology and Botany of New Holland, and James Wilson including it on a 1799 chart.

The name Australia was popularised by the explorer Matthew Flinders, who pushed for it to be formally adopted as early as 1804. When preparing his manuscript and charts for his 1814 A Voyage to Terra Australis, he was persuaded by his patron, Sir Joseph Banks, to use the term Terra Australis as this was the name most familiar to the public. Flinders did so, and published the following rationale:

There is no probability, that any other detached body of land, of nearly equal extent, will ever be found in a more southern latitude; the name Terra Australis will, therefore, remain descriptive of the geographical importance of this country, and of its situation on the globe: it has antiquity to recommend it; and, having no reference to either of the two claiming nations, appears to be less objectionable than any other which could have been selected.*

In the footnote Flinders wrote:
* Had I permitted myself any innovation on the original term, it would have been to convert it to AUSTRALIA; as being more agreeable to the ear, and an assimilation to the names of the other great portions of the earth.

This is the only occurrence of the word Australia in that text; but in Appendix III, Robert Brown's General remarks, geographical and systematical, on the botany of Terra Australis, Brown makes use of the adjectival form Australian throughout,—the first known use of that form. Despite popular conception, the book was not instrumental in the adoption of the name: the name came gradually to be accepted over the following ten years.

The first time that the name Australia appears to have been officially used was in a despatch to Lord Bathurst of 4 April 1817 in which Governor Lachlan Macquarie acknowledges the receipt of Capt. Flinders' charts of Australia.[38] On 12 December 1817, Macquarie recommended to the Colonial Office that it be formally adopted.[39] In 1824, the Admiralty agreed that the continent should be known officially as Australia.[40]

That's all that I have for now on this Zuber/Zubr thing. Unfortunately, I haven't read Laura's "The Horns of Moses" yet, but I have a feeling that with all this 'horn" business going on here, there might be some additional clues.

Oh, and here is a quote from luc's post:

Another thing I found is that the Southern Thule islands are located in the Southern Ocean (Antarktik in German) - and there's a volcano connection. And of course, "Antarktiklandt" and "Anak Krakatau" sounds kinda similar.

Wikipedia:

Southern Thule is a collection of the three southernmost islands in the South Sandwich Islands: Bellingshausen, Cook, and Thule (Morrell). Southern Thule is British territory, though claimed by Argentina. The island group is barren, windswept, bitterly cold, and uninhabited. It has an extensive EEZ rich in marine living resources managed as part of the SGSSI fisheries. The Admiralty's Antarctic Pilot says that Southern Thule is part of an old sunken volcano, and is covered with ash and penguin guano.

Cyndi said:

What also occurs to me in the whole Leda story is that she gave birth to a double double - Helen and Clymnestria and also Castor and Pollux. Epsilon Lyrae is also connected to a double double, and is a double star system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsilon_Lyrae
The Double Double" redirects here. For other uses, see double-double (disambiguation).Epsilon Lyrae (ε Lyr, ε Lyrae), also known as the Double Double, is a multiple star system approximately 162 light-years away in the constellation of Lyra

Cyndi said:
Cyndi said:

To add here, for those who have not seen this movie, it is both a "face off" between good and evil, and also both the good and the evil characters assume the face of the other. It is also "face off" as in no mask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face/Off

For whatever reason, my brain always makes shortcuts with songs and movie themes. Sigh.

Well, here are "three" things I have come to for the "Face Off" clue

1. Laura's face missing in the aura photograph https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,2877.msg17586.html#msg17586

2. The Reference in the book ' The Key" about no face and an energy transition in the head ( electric similarity to lighting that goes with Castor and Pollux) [/size]https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28424.msg353841.html#msg353841

3. The last one stumped me on how to tie it together with the movie theme. But, I think this will do. I am mega visual , so often times if I go back and "look" at a clip of something that " rings a bell" , I will "see' it. Well, the only clip I have ever posted about masks slipping is in relation to the psychopath Dexter, and ironically, behind him the whole time in the beginning, there is an "ark" with the last part of the word Noah covered up, so literally it registers as seeing him with it saying " No Ark " metaphorically. That ties in here with the plasma 'arc" and the energy "arc" as well I guess. [/size]https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,17568.45.html

The title of that Dexter thread is related to Project Monarch , a mind control experiment, which could also open a whole other can of worms with double doubles.

I was going to just edit my last post, but am too late. On a hunch, I looked up the " window" session that the C's did, and in that same session, they also talk about MPD, ( multiple personality disorder) which actually does tie in to Project Monarch. http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,9609.0.html A Really weird thing too is that there is a reference to my birth year- 1969. I am starting to think my pattern recognition system has gone bonkers.

Cyndi said:
I was going to just edit my last post, but am too late. On a hunch, I looked up the " window" session that the C's did, and in that same session, they also talk about MPD, ( multiple personality disorder) which actually does tie in to Project Monarch. http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,9609.0.html A Really weird thing too is that there is a reference to my birth year- 1969. I am starting to think my pattern recognition system has gone bonkers.

Hi Cyndi,
It seems to me that you are being led to different unrelated topics through free associations - or automatic pattern recognition. This has happened in the past. I think it may be useful to rein in the free association activity and focus on some topic that interests you but is more bounded in scope and requires more analytical thinking. This would use System2 more than the automatic association mode of System1.

My 2 cents

Thank you Obyvatal. I question myself all the time. I do not think it is all unrelated though, even though I am leaving plenty of room for error.

For what it is worth, I will add this here though, as it does, at least in my mind, for what ever it is worth, go with the general theme between the RH negative thread and this one and all of the "handls". I kept following my clues and ended up with this here. Now in the RH negative thread, I got to a "triple goddess" of sorts, then with the plasma clue I got a "chalice" ( see profile pic) and I think I may have some "sheets of rain" now. See attached pic. Anyway, for whatever it is worth. Here is is. May not be anything. And low and behold, I am right in the middle of Tenerife in the Canaries.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/09/120905134356.htmQuantum Teleportation Goes the Distance: Record-Breaking Distance of 143 Kilometers Through Free SpaceSep. 5, 2012 — An international research team including several scientists from the University of Waterloo has achieved quantum teleportation over a record-breaking distance of 143 kilometres through free space.

The experiment saw the successful teleportation of quantum information -- in this case, the states of light particles, or photons -- between the Canary Islands of La Palma and Tenerife. The breakthrough is a crucial step toward quantum communications via satellite.
Unlike the teleportation of solid objects popularized in science fiction, the experiment involved the teleportation of quantum states, an essential pre-requisite of quantum computing, quantum communication and other powerful technologies under development at the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) at Waterloo.
The project, led by researchers from Vienna's Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information, relied on algorithms and equipment developed in Waterloo. Their results were published this week in Nature.
Teleportation across 143 kilometres is a crucial milestone in this research, since that is roughly the minimum distance between the ground and orbiting satellites. This achievement leads to the possibility of quantum teleportation between ground stations and orbiting satellites, a key goal in the research of Professor Thomas Jennewein, an IQC faculty member and collaborator on the record-setting experiment.
For this experiment, Jennewein developed the coincidence algorithm, which synchronized and measured the transfer of photons between the two sites in the Canary Islands.
The ultra-precise clocks needed to measure the teleportation of photon states were aligned to each other to within a nanosecond, or one-billionth of a second. Such precision will be necessary in the development of satellite-based quantum communications networks.
"The experiment paves the way toward teleportation of signals over free space, or even using satellites," said Jennewein, whose research is largely focused on the creation of large-scale quantum communications networks. "This is useful for applications in secure communication, as well as the possibility of networking full-scale quantum computers, once they exist."
IQC research assistant professor Vadim Makarov, along with PhD student Elena Anisimova, designed the highly sensitive photon detectors, which allowed the teleportation to occur with high precision despite some hazy air conditions.
Makarov and Anisimova were recruited to help overcome inclement atmospheric conditions caused by dust whipped up from the Sahara Desert in the summer of 2011 that foiled the first attempt at the teleportation experiment. Makarov's photon detectors, and more cooperative weather, allowed for a successful experiment last April.
Because there is less atmospheric disturbance when communicating upwards to space than between the Canary Islands, Makarov says the next logical step is to attempt teleportation between Earth and a satellite.
Makarov was in the Canary Islands for the experiment, but Jennewein stayed in Waterloo, connecting with his international colleagues via Skype to lend troubleshooting tips and scientific expertise.

Attachments

• 120905134356-large.jpg
    120905134356-large.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 62
Now along the same lines, look at this. Notice the similarity between the picture of the "quantum teleportation" and this other picture taken and assembled in Tenerife also.

Quantum Teleportation: Transfer of Flying Quantum Bits at the Touch of a ButtonAug. 15, 2013 — By means of the quantum-mechanical entanglement of spatially separated light fields, researchers in Tokyo and Mainz have managed to teleport photonic qubits with extreme reliability. This means that a decisive breakthrough has been achieved some 15 years after the first experiments in the field of optical teleportation. The success of the experiment conducted in Tokyo is attributable to the use of a hybrid technique in which two conceptually different and previously incompatible approaches were combined.

"Discrete digital optical quantum information can now be transmitted continuously -- at the touch of a button, if you will," explained Professor Peter van Loock of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU). As a theoretical physicist, van Loock advised the experimental physicists in the research team headed by Professor Akira Furusawa of the University of Tokyo on how they could most efficiently perform the teleportation experiment to ultimately verify the success of quantum teleportation. Their findings have now been published in the journal Nature.Quantum teleportation involves the transfer of arbitrary quantum states from a sender, dubbed Alice, to a spatially distant receiver, named Bob. This requires that Alice and Bob initially share an entangled quantum state across the space in question, e.g., in the form of entangled photons. Quantum teleportation is of fundamental importance to the processing of quantum information (quantum computing) and quantum communication. Photons are especially valued as ideal information carriers for quantum communication since they can be used to transmit signals at the speed of light. A photon can represent a quantum bit or qubit analogous to a binary digit (bit) in standard classical information processing. Such photons are known as 'flying quantum bits'.
The first attempts to teleport single photons or light particles were made by the Austrian physicist Anton Zeilinger. Various other related experiments have been performed in the meantime. However, teleportation of photonic quantum bits using conventional methods proved to have its limitations because of experimental deficiencies and difficulties with fundamental principles.
What makes the experiment in Tokyo so different is the use of a hybrid technique. With its help, a completely deterministic and highly reliable quantum teleportation of photonic qubits has been achieved. The accuracy of the transfer was 79 to 82 percent for four different qubits. In addition, the qubits were teleported much more efficiently than in previous experiments, even at a low degree of entanglement.
Entanglement 'on demand' using squeezed light
The concept of entanglement was first formulated by Erwin Schrödinger and involves a situation in which two quantum systems, such as two light particles for example, are in a joint state, so that their behavior is mutually dependent to a greater extent than is normally (classically) possible. In the Tokyo experiment, continuous entanglement was achieved by means of entangling many photons with many other photons. This meant that the complete amplitudes and phases of two light fields were quantum correlated. Previous experiments only had a single photon entangled with another single photon -- a less efficient solution.
"The entanglement of photons functioned very well in the Tokyo experiment -- practically at the press of a button, as soon as the laser was switched on," said van Loock, Professor for Theory of Quantum Optics and Quantum Information at Mainz University. This continuous entanglement was accomplished with the aid of so-called 'squeezed light', which takes the form of an ellipse in the phase space of the light field. Once entanglement has been achieved, a third light field can be attached to the transmitter. From there, in principle, any state and any number of states can be transmitted to the receiver. "In our experiment, there were precisely four sufficiently representative test states that were transferred from Alice to Bob using entanglement. Thanks to continuous entanglement, it was possible to transmit the photonic qubits in a deterministic fashion to Bob, in other words, in each run," added van Loock.
Earlier attempts to achieve optical teleportation were performed differently and, before now, the concepts used have proved to be incompatible. Although in theory it had already been assumed that the two different strategies, from the discrete and the continuous world, needed to be combined, it represents a technological breakthrough that this has actually now been experimentally demonstrated with the help of the hybrid technique. "The two separate worlds, the discrete and the continuous, are starting to converge," concluded van Loock.

The picture in Tenerife link is here: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110405.html

Attachments

• teidesky_casado_3000-e1302029998580.jpg
    teidesky_casado_3000-e1302029998580.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 130815084411.jpg
    130815084411.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 147
Back
Top Bottom