Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Here's the IT for the BTH's show 'Doing Putin's Dirty Work'. It was an informative show, of which how long it took me to complete 'satisfactory' I feel bad about, technology not playing ball aside.

Are there more shows to proofread or transcribe? I'm trying to locate the recent table, so can someone point me to the most up to date table please? If there's anything that needs proofreading, I'd be more than happy to help with it and do some proofreading :-)

Best!

Attachments

• Behind the Headlines Doing Putin's Dirty Work IT (AR).docx
    121.8 KB · Views: 2
Are there more shows to proofread or transcribe? I'm trying to locate the recent table, so can someone point me to the most up to date table please? If there's anything that needs proofreading, I'd be more than happy to help with it and do some proofreading :-)

That would be great SMM!! You can find the latest table here:

You can add your name to the list of editors (4th sheet) and then it will be available to choose from the drop down list.

That would be great SMM!! You can find the latest table here:

You can add your name to the list of editors (4th sheet) and then it will be available to choose from the drop down list.

Thanks, fabric!

These have now been updated on SoTT:

@SMM I copied the document you attached for the initial translation and put into a Google doc. For future transcriptions you might want to do it all there, then others can easily work off of it for the proof read. Since you indicated it was finished, I marked it "done" on the spreadsheet and embedded the link to the Google doc version.

I have a question about the new format for Objective: Health. Will an MP3 link eventually be added for downloading and transcription as with NewsReal and TTP? Thanks.

I have a question about the new format for Objective: Health. Will an MP3 link eventually be added for downloading and transcription as with NewsReal and TTP? Thanks.

Yes, the plan is to have it hosted on SoTT but we're still working out some technicalities. In the meantime, you can use something like 4K Video Downloader to extract the audio file by pasting the YouTube link into it.

More updated:

The Health & Wellness Show: IV Vitamin C: The Miracle Cure You're Not Supposed to Know About -- Sott.net

The Health & Wellness Show: Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture: Interview With Linnéa Snyder and James Lovinsky -- Sott.net

The Truth Perspective: The Mecca Mystery: The Hidden Origins of Islam and the Salafi-Jihadist Movement -- Sott.net

I was wondering how to volunteer to proofread SOTT radio shows?

Hi whitecoast, you can add your name the transcribers list as described here (a couple of posts back). Then send a PM to @Gandalf so he can add you to the transcribers yahoo group. There you can post a message letting us know when either IT (initial transcriptions) and PR (proof reads) are completed or if you have further questions. Thanks!

Just a heads up for transcribers. Now that the shows are on YouTube, transcribing should be a bit easier. You can download the auto-generated closed captioning transcript directly from YT. Just click the three dots, then "open transcript". A box will open on the right hand of the screen with each line transcribed. They do a fairly decent job. (You can toggle the timestamps on and off by clicking on the three dots at the top of the transcript box.) Just copy and past and you have a basic transcript to work on. It just needs punctuation, and the odd change in a misinterpreted word here and there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 2.11.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 2.11.33 PM.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom