Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Hi Gandalf, I just uploaded #33-Web of Debt to the database. I hope I did it correctly. I'm volunteering for Aleta Edwards' interview and have entered my name in the table and will start on it tomorrow if that's okay.

Bluefyre said:
Hi Gandalf, I just uploaded #33-Web of Debt to the database. I hope I did it correctly. I'm volunteering for Aleta Edwards' interview and have entered my name in the table and will start on it tomorrow if that's okay.

Hi Bluefyre,

Thanks so much. :thup: Yes you did it correctly.

You have to say that on the yahoo group too in order to inform everyone in that group and to inform that it is ready for the proofreading.

I don't see your name in the table for show#38. So could you give me the link to the table or tell me exactly of what table you are speaking.

Here's the link for tha table of the yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sott_translate/database/14/records

Hi Gandalf,

I posted done in the same table where I posted "in progress" for #33. I just tried to access my yahoo account and got a message saying my account is inactive?! It worked fine last night. Is this a Yahoo issue?

And thank you for letting me know to send an email to the group as well. Will do in future.

Okay, I tried signing in again and updating the table. Hopefully it worked this time! Do I send an email to the group when I'm starting a transcription as well as well I've completed it? Learning is fun! LOL

Bluefyre said:
Okay, I tried signing in again and updating the table. Hopefully it worked this time! Do I send an email to the group when I'm starting a transcription as well as well I've completed it? Learning is fun! LOL

Hi Bluefyre,

I have just seen that you have updated the table in the yahoo group. :thup:

Yes it is always useful to send an email to the group when you have finished a transcription and when you are beginning a new one.

Thanks

Gandalf said:
John Ainhirn-Williams said:
Gandalf said:
Hi John,

The show has already been transcribed.

As you have just discovered this thread recently, it is always better to ask here what has been done and what needs to be done when you are not a member of the yahoo group.

We have many members who are transcribing the many shows and in order to avoid "doubloon", we do encourage members to verify first before doing any transcription.
Sorry was not trying to cause problems, is the transcript available yet, and if so, where?

The transcript is not available yet since it needs to be proofread.

As soon as it has been proofread, it will be published on Sott.net.
Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for the information, and if I can be of help proofreading or transcribing other shows, then please let me know.

Gandalf said:
Gandalf said:
Hi John,

The show has already been transcribed.

As you have just discovered this thread recently, it is always better to ask here what has been done and what needs to be done when you are not a member of the yahoo group.

We have many members who are transcribing the many shows and in order to avoid "doubloon", we do encourage members to verify first before doing any transcription.
Sorry was not trying to cause problems, is the transcript available yet, and if so, where?

The transcript is not available yet since it needs to be proofread.

As soon as it has been proofread, it will be published on Sott.net.
Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for the information, and if I can be of help proofreading or transcribing other shows, then please let me know.

Hi John,

We do need volunteers to transcribe and proofread the Sott talk Radio Show.

So if you are interested in helping our team of transcribers, let me know and I will send you an invitation to join the group.

Gandalf said:
Hi John,

So if you are interested in helping our team of transcribers, let me know and I will send you an invitation to join the group.
Hi Gandlaf.

Yes I am interested, please do the necessary!

Gandalf said:
Hi John,

Hi Gandlaf.

Yes I am interested, please do the necessary!

Hi John Ainhirn-Williams,

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group and someone will give you the officail Welcome message explaining how to proceed.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations/transcriptions: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

New transcript available on SOTT (Show #40). :dance:

See the table for the direct link https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

We'd like to publish yesterday's radio show on JFK this Thursday or Friday, so it would be neat to have its transcript ready for that.

No problem if it's not ready, we can always add it in later.

Kniall said:
We'd like to publish yesterday's radio show on JFK this Thursday or Friday, so it would be neat to have its transcript ready for that.

No problem if it's not ready, we can always add it in later.

I can do the JFK Radio Show. Will someone please send me the invite and any other pertinent information. This will be the first one I'm doing, as long as you guys are okay with that!

Back
Top Bottom