Hope, fear and the future

Emotional thinking and hope seem to be different things to me. The world and our reality is subjective to our third dimensional thought processes, but as we move forward we are beginning to learn that our thoughts can create our reality, whether that is just a personal reality or not. Hope therefor cannot be a thing that should be completely deleted away and not used. Hope leads thoughts into the positive and in a world of opposites and polarity it is that which we choose to align ourselves with that is important.

Better yet, Everyone is entitles to an opinion and what they deem to be useful in their own life in regards to thoughts and feelings. I choose to use hope in mine.

The material in the scripts can give us truth and sometimes that can be hard to accept, however, it has personally made a difference in my life. And if you believe that we are all connected, the good bad and ugly, then it has made a difference the knowledge that has been given to us on this outlet.

From sitting.
You've read all the transcripts. And the emotion this material has engendered in you is disgust. Yes?

No no no!....funny, i just re-read the whole thread and got to my last post and thought I may have answered your question totally wrong... :O...when you asked;

Assuming you've read all of the transcript material, what kind of feelings & emotions does it engender in your being?

i somehow thought it was two questions....1. Have you read all the transcripts? and 2. what kind of feelings does hope(I mistakenly injected that word into your Q, since that was the subject at hand) engender?...I'm sorry sitting , i split your question and answered what i thought you asked...similar to Joe's question.....gez, i shouldn't post when I'm tired and hungry, sorry about that. :-[

To the question you really asked....wow!...not sure if i can answer that. I guess it depends on what their talking about....many, many different emotions. When they speak of nasty things and nasty people and being controlled it makes me angry, and yes some times disgusted, when they speak of some things like the futility of 4d sts plans yes, it gives me "hope". ( I take it that's the response you were angling for?) ...but those emotions are connected to the subjects being discussed.

Please understand that that hope doesn't stay with me long...even if i try my best to "believe" that what they say is really true , i still can't be certain....and i don't think anyone here has, or encourages, 100% certitude in what they say anyway.

The truth is that I've lost the ability to believe anything! ...I can assign probabilities, but "belief", defined as being certain of something without ant real evidence, is not something i can do anymore....maybe I've been burnt too many times, and it doesn't seem to matter weather it was from my own stupidity or anothers, the damage is done. When i was young i was so totally naive. I thought most everyone was good and honest. I couldn't even conceive of the kind of things people do to each other....until they started happening to me. It then took a long time and lots of abuse till i realized the truth about this world and the "creatures" that inhabit it. The wounds do heal, but the scars are there forever.

So to try and answer your question, "What does it engender in your being"...i guess you got me...it is hope, but not for this world. It is hope of moving on to the next world where people treat each other with dignity and respect. Where the golden rule is like breathing...that is, something you have to do just to exist there, ya know?...a place where the shape of ones heart is as transparent as the finest crystal.

As for this world...i still think its f***ed....and i feel there is an extremely low probability that it can be fixed....so for now I still have to agree with my dead friends, Joe B. and John T....hope is for suckers, served up by psychos, so you sit around and hope while they destroy and eat everything they can. I really do hope I'm wrong about that....and i hope i didn't bring you all down too much with my opinion...but you did ask....I gotta go sleep now. Good night friends and thanks, Dave

Hi everybody,

I kind of hesitated to post as the picture is not quite clear, but maybe, together, will make it that way.

I understand everybody's concern and I appreciate the good points made - we all have moments of grace which help us get over certain hindering mind-emotion frames.

Several of you mentioned death - well 3 days ago I had a very close encounter with death due to a car accident.
Due to preoccupation with trivial things my car collided with a truck. OMG, what an experience - the impact and the sound of thorn metal is indescribable. The truck was not much damaged but I don't think my car could be repaired.

Yet shaken, I had not a single scratch and I had been very lucid all along.
Although it was my fault, I noticed that I inspired sympathy as everybody around was very helpful and of good will.
But I decided that I shall not profit of anything - it assumed all fault, and asked to help the truck driver instead, so that he could have all he needed to be spared of any possible hindrances to have his car repaired and his papers be in order.

As I said, it was another world I stepped in - everybody was ready to help me, the policemen also were very kind and considerate, nobody pushed or rushed me - what usually happens with victims, or confused, weakened people - I think because I chose not to play the victim.

So here I am now, plenty of material losses but I don't feel those as a burden. Who knows why all these happened now? I think, important is what you choose to do with what you have be it material or spiritual.

Just my thoughts.

beherenow said:
To the question you really asked ... not sure if i can answer that. I guess it depends on what their talking about....many, many different emotions.

Hi beherenow,

Thank you for a most thoughtful reply. I really appreciate it. And I'm glad I made sure ... before going further.

The thing I get most from the transcripts, is that we matter. Specifically our thoughts, imagination, emotions, and beliefs matter. Because they ultimately form matter (as in objects & events.)

That is the single reason why such massive efforts have been made towards deception! So as to misguide & misdirect the core power source of our experiences. Think through this carefully.

And love/truth is all powerful because it removes this deception.

My other feeling & emotion upon reading the transcripts -- is gratitude. That someone, somehow, found the strength, courage, and generosity to give this out to the world.

FWIW.

Hope could be related to wishful thinking if it is not grounded in anything real. Hope relates to expectation and anticipation. And unmet expectations are one of the major causes of upsets. I also recall it being said that anticipation gets in the way of creating. Hope can also be a nebulous feeling of optimism.

Perhaps this is the difference between hope and faith: Faith being grounded in acceptance of objective reality without a preconceived notion while trusting that whatever is objective is also what should be. While hope is more like wishful thinking for an outcome of rainbows, unicorns and happy endings from a personal subjective point of view.

If I have the knowledge and perspective that the Wave is a natural balancing mechanism of creation then I can have faith that whatever comes of it, I should embrace. It may not play out as I would hope or expect, but I just need to trust that it WILL play out and that I will have the chance to participate. But if I view the Wave as a hoped-for salvation that needs to fit my preconceived picture of it, then all is perhaps already lost. Anyway, I can see how hope could be defined negatively as it has been said. The idea that "I can't bear to go on living without hope" almost makes hope sound like a fix for a junkie. Is hope a necessity for sanity? For emotional well-being? For existence? Does the hero give up and throw down his sword if things look hopeless? Is it possible to let go of the notion of hope while still maintaining a buoyant spirit? The objective reality is that our bodies are going to die - there is no hope my body will not die. Yet, I go on living even while knowing my physical vehicle will hit a wall some day. And this does not depress me. (Of course, I may sing a different tune on my deathbed.)

There are certainly negative influences and forces (the B's) that play out in this world but so too do the A influences. There are higher level STS forces lording it over us but there are also higher level STO beings willing to inject light and knowledge into our crown chakras (or whatever), if we but ask. Isn't this hopeful, even if matters here 'on the ground' look rather grim? To be balanced and have any hope at all, I think we have to be aware of both polarities so we can choose 'successfully'.

I could say "I hope the Wave fixes everything" or "I sure hope I have done enough work on myself to warrant the opportunity that the Wave will create." But I do have faith that nature does balance itself, and that this world is a part of the natural world, therefore, the balancing mechanism is an objective reality that will effect this world and the beings in it.

Perhaps this is like the old story about the word 'snow'. We have one word for that in english. The Eskimos have like 25 words for it, or something. So we all say 'hope' but we all may mean different things and these may be just varying distinctions on the theme of what hope is.

What occurs to me? Hope stems from desire. It is passive in nature since it looks to an agent outside of the self for its realization. May the universe grant the X happen, or Y not happen, or Z disappear. Yeah, hope, to me, is similar to the dysfunctional, co-dependent, disempowering relationship that most religions create with 'God'. "I will do what I can to make this happen, but, ultimately, it is not 100% up to me so I need to hope it turns out like I hope." To me, this also implies a particular desired outcome which then alters the whole dynamic between the creature and the creation.

Hope is just a feeling of optimism directed towards a desired outcome until it becomes a projection of will and then it isn't hope anymore, it is something else.

Usual Caveats: my impressions - yours may be very different.

From sitting:
Hi beherenow,

Thank you for a most thoughtful reply. I really appreciate it. And I'm glad I made sure ... before going further.

The thing I get most from the transcripts, is that we matter. Specifically our thoughts, imagination, emotions, and beliefs matter. Because they ultimately form matter (as in objects & events.)

That is the single reason why such massive efforts have been made towards deception! So as to misguide & misdirect the core power source of our experiences. Think through this carefully.

And love/truth is all powerful because it removes this deception.

My other feeling & emotion upon reading the transcripts -- is gratitude. That someone, somehow, found the strength, courage, and generosity to give this out to the world.
FWIW.

Thank you for that sitting, what you said is true and i normally function keeping those very things in mind. Most of the time it keeps the negativity and hopelessness displayed in my last post in check. I've kind of been in a bad state lately. This time of
year I do a "year in review" thing with my life and goals, and my consensus this year is that I've gone backwards :scared:....that conclusion results in self loathing that gets projected onto everything...the downward spiral. Then i fall back on old stupid deeply embedded "christan" programs of death and going somewhere "better" and "perfect"....and along with that comes the by-product of a perfectionism program that says "if you can't get it right, dash it all...quit...don't even bother..it all sucks!...wah, wah, wah..."....really pathetic, i know.

The truth is, i owe the folks here more than i could ever repay. Its not just the truth about the world, and the many logical answers to my age old question, "why are things as they are when my heart knows it could be completely different?"...but even more importantly, it's the positive aspect of the message that has helped me pull back from habits that were both physically and mentally degrading....it's quite possible that i would be in 5d right now if i did not find this place when i did...so yeah, gratitude is a big one i feel... (when I'm not face down in the mud, like I've been lately).

One thing i do know is, i will get thru it. I've had worse bouts and got thru them...and i do have a kind of faith. Its happened many times in the past. When i finally give up the fight and angst inside me...to stop trying to swim against the current, and only do the little things i can do..to stop anticipating...with a total and complete surrender, and say "universe, do what you will"...then things happen, and change for the better. So again, many thanks to all of you here...you do make a difference, and i hope i can return that help in some way, eventually.

If i was better at navigating in this forum i would finish this post with a quote from Chu that was in a different thread( i forget which one) the other day. It really touched me deeply and almost kicked me out of this funk. She spoke of doing the little things...one day at a time...it really cut thru the crap, and i wept. Thank you for that, Chu :hug2:. ...and thanks BHelmet for your last post.... many good points. I gotta go and get some work done today...so again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all. Dave

I’ve been very suspicious of hope for some time now. Decided it wasn’t for me and tried to eradicate it. Couldn’t do it. It keeps popping up in the most subtle ways. It’s as slippery as the ego, as soon as I think I have a handle on it, I find myself defending something 'good and right' only to find it was my ego again. I have resolved to be satisfied with recognizing it as ego and make adjustments as needed.

Hope too I have been unable to eradicate. I guess I could say I don’t ‘believe’ in hope but see that those little bubbles of thoughts help ease the walk and put a puff or two in the will to continue, and maybe that’s what there were designed for.

Recently Varoufakis Yanis the minister of finance for Greece stated in panel discussion why he chooses to remain optimistic, paraphrasing here: Hope feed hope, and there is NO evidence that that hope is justified, but there is plenty of evidence that without it people succumb….thus not achieving any goals.
To hear it precisely here is the clip: _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjxAArOkoA0 Go to 1:45:30 point in the video and you can hear his statement.

I have been tricked so many times by hope that I’ve wanted to throw it out, but I’m coming to think that it has its place. Just needs to be recognized for what it is, and not allowed to forward itself into wishful thinking.

What's wrong with having "hope" that the future will be as it needs to be after you have done everything you can possibly do to achieve an aim your set for yourself? "Hope" in that sense is a certain relaxation, lack of worry about the future, a "letting go and letting god" because you realise you have done, or will continue to do, all that is within your ability to do.

It's very far from "waiting to served", rather, it is doing all one can to serve an aim, and then letting the chips fall where they may. So "hope" does need to be defined. I think "faith" is also a word that needs to be defined.

Gurdjieff said

Faith of consciousness is freedom.
Faith of feeling is slavery.
Faith of body is stupidity.

Hope of consciousness is strength.
Hope of feeling is cowardice.
Hope of body is disease.

I can feel hope at the level that includes myself, immediate family and small groups I belong to. I can't say anything about hope for mankind in general because I don't claim that I can diffuse my feeling that broadly and still recognize it as my feeling.

But I do like this:

Hope Springs Eternal

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never is, but always to be blessed:
The soul, uneasy and confined from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

– Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man

:)

Joe said:
What's wrong with having "hope" that the future will be as it needs to be after you have done everything you can possibly do to achieve an aim your set for yourself? "Hope" in that sense is a certain relaxation, lack of worry about the future, a "letting go and letting god" because you realise you have done, or will continue to do, all that is within your ability to do?

It's very far from "waiting to served", rather, it is doing all one can to serve an aim, and then letting the chips fall where they may.

Wow! some topics are so challenging to communicate with words.
Your comment resonated very specifically because you addressed the subject of the existence of "hope" without the limitation of the anticipation of any specific outcome. This resonates within my present understanding of the thought of "hope". I experience hope primarily as a thought/a knowing/a perspective that although it may indeed include emotions in the periphery, it is more an acceptance of what has the potential to exist in a location where limiting 'beliefs' and anticipation of outcomes is not the determining element. When I pause to . . . think about what the real meaning may be of possible/probable 'futures" - within the context of "all that is" being "OPEN", then I am immediately transported to thoughts of what I experience as "hope".

As I traveled through Laura's many sessions with the Cs and read her many questions that sought some absolute or concrete answers to many events and situations, it seemed to me that there were no absolute or concrete answers provided. During the beginning of my reading, I assumed that the Cs were only encouraging her to find her own answers and arrive at her own conclusions, so that she could "own" the information gathered and perhaps transform it into knowledge. However, as I proceeded in my reading, I began to see that there was much more to this - not providing an answer - than I initially understood. I began to consider many things within the context of "all that is" as a dynamic balance that exists within the manifestations generated by the infinite and as-yet-to-be-defined choices and possibilities of an infinity of factors and elements. A familiar example would be the concept of "the butterfly effect".

In conclusion . . . I do experience "hope". I choose the word "experience" because it is the best word I have available to communicate a thought that although it may indeed include emotions, is not limited by emotions. In other words, for me "hope" is about the questions and not the answers. Thank you Joe for your thought provoking question. and comments.

trobar said:
When I pause to . . . think about what the real meaning may be of possible/probable 'futures" - within the context of "all that is" being "OPEN", then I am immediately transported to thoughts of what I experience as "hope".

Exactly! That's "hope of conscience", where conscience is rooted in awareness, and awareness is rooted in objective knowledge. Gather objective knowledge and "hope" is restored in unlimited possibilities. Thinking in unlimited terms is a struggle, it may even be impossible from a strictly 3D point of view, but if we do our best to keep the limited thinking at bay and leave things "open", it's possible that our "higher selves" will "bridge the gap" as the Cs say.

Joe said:
What's wrong with having "hope" that the future will be as it needs to be after you have done everything you can possibly do to achieve an aim your set for yourself? "Hope" in that sense is a certain relaxation, lack of worry about the future, a "letting go and letting god" because you realize you have done, or will continue to do, all that is within your ability to do.

Yes, I can agree with the first part, nothing wrong with hope after doing all you can...similar to this; "Prepare for the worst, then hope for the best"... but the "letting go, letting god" thing is what i call faith, FWIW.
Joe said:
It's very far from "waiting to served", rather, it is doing all one can to serve an aim, and then letting the chips fall where they may.

Joe, your statement does not make sense to me. I thought maybe we could all agree,( possibly?), on this; that is, "hope" is a mental/emotional thing and "doing" is a physical action....two very different things, IMO. Your statement above seems to imply to me that a big part of hope is doing. Also " letting the chips fall where they may" doesn't really fly as a substitute for hope either. It is in the part of the equation where hope, in the non-waiting to be served form can be inserted, but then it would read..."it is doing all one can to serve an aim, and then hoping the chips fall in the best outcome for all."

Maybe two definitions of the word could be valid...

Hope- the kind that comes after doing all one can....and
hope- waiting to be served.

I'm just seeking some kind of clarity, so maybe we can all speak the same language here....damn that tower of Babel!
Thanks, Dave.

Yeah, it's the definition of the word, or rather, what it means to each person, which is based on what they perceive. The problem with words like hope is that they provoke emotions, and your emotions are very much based on your awareness, and probably several other things.

I found this article helpful in dealing with the coming economic collapse and it gave some commonsense pointers that I had not considered. It's very much in line, with subjects that have been discussed on the Forum. It goes into a comparison of what the USSR was like - just before it's collapse - and how the present conditions in the U.S.; Political, economical and financial mimic some of the same structural defects. It discusses differences in housing, education and healthcare and areas for improvement in each of the sectors.

One of the biggest advantages, in my opinion, that we may have "verses" when the situation in the USSR collapsed and President Putin first came into public view - is the documented steps "Putin and his Staff" have instrumented to reverse a downward spiral. There's more than Statesmanship involved, since he first came to the Presidency 15 years ago. There's been changes in the way Politics is played and putting the interests of the people and their needs at the forefront, improvements in housing, healthcare, agriculture and the food supply. One of the biggest advantages the Russians had, was they kept within the generational practice, of making home cooked meals from scratch and planting gardens. The Culture in the U.S. has been programmed towards Walmarts and MickyD's. Home cooking is basically "what comes out of a prepackaged box" and into the skillet or a plastic microwave bag. Gardening consists of a potted tomato plant - on the windowsill, next to the violets. Many are in for a cultural shock, when the collapse arrives.

Closing the 'Collapse Gap': the USSR was better prepared for collapse than the US
http://www.resilience.org/stories/2006-12-04/closing-collapse-gap-ussr-was-better-prepared-collapse-us

Thank you very much Joe for your well written responds.This battle is not easy.I felt many times this bitterness.I had moments of complete despair...I remember one time being in the middle of a busy shift(i am server)stopping and looking around and say:what a hell i am doing here!!! these people do not realize that we are DONE :scared:And Everything around me just frozen,and i started to cry and to say mentally
LA ORACIÒN DEL ALMA and a sweet calm and peace came to me...Now i realize if i give up i am going to be "their food"and i took a decision:my free will is only mine and i have to respect the fee will of others in first place. I reread the wave,The secret History,Amazing Grace,Psychopathy,Psychology.Diets looking practical examples to deal with this reality...little by little since 5 years more less my world is complete different...does not mean than nothing affect me,but i keep certain distance from some situations in order to understand other`s decisions...still is pain in my heart,but to be or no to be in the middle of the hurricane is only mine...i am not supporting the chaos of this mechanical world i am supporting to those as you are working in a better and compassion world... :love:

Back
Top Bottom