How are you feeling?

Today I realized how much the guilt I felt and still feel about being a bad mother hurt my child. I'm overwhelmed by guilt , regrets and sadness.
Guilt is dark and sticky, it suffocates me.
I've been waking up every night at 2 or 3 am for a week. I feel lost, confused and exhausted.
Lately I was doing ok even though my circumstances are difficult, but today I crashed.

Thank you for sharing, Cooroibah. I can only imagine how you feel. Becoming aware of our past mistakes is always difficult, even more so when we have hurt someone we love. The point is not to dwell on the past and the guilt, but to recognize what we have done, learn from it, and change.

Of course, the process is quite painful; regret and sadness can indeed overwhelm us, but through it we gain very valuable knowledge and awareness, and our empathy grows as well.

Also, I don't know the details, but as we gain more knowledge, sometimes we revisit the past with a more "informed perspective" and we could fall into harsh judgments. You didn't know what you know now, and you probably did the best you could with the resources you had; or you were still controlled by your own hurts and issues... that's pretty normal. What is not "normal" is recognizing our mistakes, learning from them, and becoming more functional human beings... step by step.

This reminded me of one of my favorite statues:

self-made-man-statue-in-bronze-1-3036019849.jpg
Bobbie Carlyle's vision of Self Made Man is a man carving himself out of stone, carving his character, carving his future.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor”
― Alexis Carrel

Just my 2 cents.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for sharing, Cooroibah. I can only imagine how you feel. Becoming aware of our past mistakes is always difficult, even more so when we have hurt someone we love. The point is not to dwell on the past and the guilt, but to recognize what we have done, learn from it, and change.

Of course, the process is quite painful; regret and sadness can indeed overwhelm us, but through it we gain very valuable knowledge and awareness, and our empathy grows as well.

Also, I don't know the details, but as we gain more knowledge, sometimes we revisit the past with a more "informed perspective" and we could fall into harsh judgments. You didn't know what you know now, and you probably did the best you could with the resources you had; or you were still controlled by your own hurts and issues... that's pretty normal. What is not "normal" is recognizing our mistakes, learning from them, and becoming more functional human beings... step by step.

View attachment 100893
Bobbie Carlyle's vision of Self Made Man is a man carving himself out of stone, carving his character, carving his future.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor”
― Alexis Carrel

Just my 2 cents.

Hope it helps.
I think healing the past mistakes is about being able to revisit the memories and act them out in your mind with knowledge of what would be done different if we knew what we know now, then. Can always go back to the memory and add new information as we receive it.
There’s no other way to heal except by correcting mistakes, thoughts, feelings, actions and doing different if the situation arises again. Sometimes these feelings get stuck in the body or psyche and some extra work is needed, EE, body work, diet changes, but the first step to healing is recognising there’s things to be be rectified.

Negative emotions are always guiding us to look at what’s wrong and fix it, do something different, take some action… that’s what I think anyhow.

Forgiving yourself and forgiving others goes a long way too.

View attachment 100893

― Alexis Carrel

Just my 2 cents.

Hope it helps.
Thank you Luis Miguel for your answer and perspective. It does help, because you are here. Sharing does help.
I really like this picture. Chiseling oneself hurts indeed ( no wonder)
When I was younger I tried to believe for a time that the idea of suffering was a Christian program imposed on us and that we could progress without it.
I then realized that suffering , which I experienced mostly emotionally so far, is like a thunderbolt that shakes, burns, churns, every inch of my being and obliges me to face what is happening or has just happened.
Reading the C's and Laura and the forum has helped me understand suffering better.
The short and long cycle perspective for the soul.
All is a lesson.
And free will.
Yesterday my 32 year old son told me how crappy his childhood had been and how it was responsible for his lack of self-confidence.
I respect that he feels this way because I know I was not perfect although I did my very best. I've known for awhile that this world is also a very nasty place to be And I was too ignorant at the time to prepare him to face the hard bits. I tried to protect him a lot, to prevent and protect him from suffering, but I think I missed something in the process.
Today he suffers a lot from addictions, violence and denial and I feel I am partly responsible for it.
I cannot help him, I can only watch with my heart crushed and try to forgive myself for this terrible terrible mess.
The guilt seems useless. Just a sticky veil that comes in the way of my understanding.
I don't care that I suffer, I would give anything for my son NOT to suffer.
But considering this reality and the progress of his soul and the lessons to learn, it seems all is well in this world for him and for me.
Some days this all just feels like a fool's game.

Thank you Luis Miguel for your answer and perspective. It does help, because you are here. Sharing does help.
I really like this picture. Chiseling oneself hurts indeed ( no wonder)
When I was younger I tried to believe for a time that the idea of suffering was a Christian program imposed on us and that we could progress without it.
I then realized that suffering , which I experienced mostly emotionally so far, is like a thunderbolt that shakes, burns, churns, every inch of my being and obliges me to face what is happening or has just happened.
Reading the C's and Laura and the forum has helped me understand suffering better.
The short and long cycle perspective for the soul.
All is a lesson.
And free will.
Yesterday my 32 year old son told me how crappy his childhood had been and how it was responsible for his lack of self-confidence.
I respect that he feels this way because I know I was not perfect although I did my very best. I've known for awhile that this world is also a very nasty place to be And I was too ignorant at the time to prepare him to face the hard bits. I tried to protect him a lot, to prevent and protect him from suffering, but I think I missed something in the process.
Today he suffers a lot from addictions, violence and denial and I feel I am partly responsible for it.
I cannot help him, I can only watch with my heart crushed and try to forgive myself for this terrible terrible mess.
The guilt seems useless. Just a sticky veil that comes in the way of my understanding.
But considering this reality and the progress of his soul and the lessons to learn, it seems all is well in this world for him and for me.
"Some days this all just feels like a fool's game."

That's because it is. It is a game, and we are the fools (who are being fooled) because we don't know the rules/parameters of the game. We live unaware of much beyond a loop of 'I failed', 'I am being punished', 'I deserve this', etc. We personalize it because mostly we grew up being influenced by happy families in tv & movies, role model stereotypes, judgments on good/bad parenting, etc. If we don't get perfect results it's our fault and likely we're going to Hell for failing so miserably.

I want you to know that I do understand and feel your same pain. For different reasons, but this pain crippled me for 6 years. After re-reading 'The Wave' series and all the C's sessions, I have done much inner work and now see different perspectives.

We were not aware (raising children) that we are influenced by so much more than our everyday lives...and by individuals who may be other than the simple humans that we thought we all were. Add in technology to affect emotions/behavior, psychopaths who will kill you without a reason, Lizzie's affecting and consuming our energy (pain, grief, guilt...) the list goes on.

Now add in soul contracts and karma. Perhaps your/my/our children are living these particular experiences because they either 'chose' them to learn certain lessons, or are paying off karma from previous incarnations. Maybe you/me/us were in our particular situations because we had to learn our experiences, and provide our kids with the appropriate situations to assist them on their paths...?

Does considering this make you feel slightly less guilty now? It did for me. If all is meant to be, then this was meant to be too. Maybe I'm not supposed to understand why. Maybe we can love our kids to infinity and beyond (which I do), but also wait in the shadows for them to come to us, need us, or want us (for whatever reasons). We can't interfere with their free will, but we can keep the heart fire burning in case they need to follow that light back home (which is us).

Please stop beating yourself up so badly and keep in mind that you were never the only influence in their lives. From Mama to Mama, I am sending you a hug and am hoping you can start to heal. I do truly wish you well.

"Some days this all just feels like a fool's game."

That's because it is. It is a game, and we are the fools (who are being fooled) because we don't know the rules/parameters of the game. We live unaware of much beyond a loop of 'I failed', 'I am being punished', 'I deserve this', etc. We personalize it because mostly we grew up being influenced by happy families in tv & movies, role model stereotypes, judgments on good/bad parenting, etc. If we don't get perfect results it's our fault and likely we're going to Hell for failing so miserably.

I want you to know that I do understand and feel your same pain. For different reasons, but this pain crippled me for 6 years. After re-reading 'The Wave' series and all the C's sessions, I have done much inner work and now see different perspectives.

We were not aware (raising children) that we are influenced by so much more than our everyday lives...and by individuals who may be other than the simple humans that we thought we all were. Add in technology to affect emotions/behavior, psychopaths who will kill you without a reason, Lizzie's affecting and consuming our energy (pain, grief, guilt...) the list goes on.

Now add in soul contracts and karma. Perhaps your/my/our children are living these particular experiences because they either 'chose' them to learn certain lessons, or are paying off karma from previous incarnations. Maybe you/me/us were in our particular situations because we had to learn our experiences, and provide our kids with the appropriate situations to assist them on their paths...?

Does considering this make you feel slightly less guilty now? It did for me. If all is meant to be, then this was meant to be too. Maybe I'm not supposed to understand why. Maybe we can love our kids to infinity and beyond (which I do), but also wait in the shadows for them to come to us, need us, or want us (for whatever reasons). We can't interfere with their free will, but we can keep the heart fire burning in case they need to follow that light back home (which is us).

Please stop beating yourself up so badly and keep in mind that you were never the only influence in their lives. From Mama to Mama, I am sending you a hug and am hoping you can start to heal. I do truly wish you well.
Dear Jacygirl,

Yes, considering all that you wrote soothe my heart and nervous system, I can feel your hug and I am deeply touched by your beautiful words and genuine concern. I relate to all that you wrote, thank you so much for wrinting all this and sharing with me.

I also discover that sharing here with you helps me transform my pain more quickly into heart fire. And I can feel from a place of peace that I love my son to infinity and beyond.
I really love that part that you wrote.
From my heart to yours,

I was thinking of saying something along those lines.

When I was a child I did childish things...

What was was and was lessons.

Be glad that you have learned and now you do other fantastic mistakes.:-D

Dear Jacygirl,

Yes, considering all that you wrote soothe my heart and nervous system, I can feel your hug and I am deeply touched by your beautiful words and genuine concern. I relate to all that you wrote, thank you so much for wrinting all this and sharing with me.

I also discover that sharing here with you helps me transform my pain more quickly into heart fire. And I can feel from a place of peace that I love my son to infinity and beyond.
I really love that part that you wrote.
From my heart to yours,
Oh my dear Cooroibah, it's a little early here for tears but they are sliding down my face. I am relieved that what I wrote can ease your pain...you just never know how your words will be interpreted, but the motive was purely love and understanding.

I agree that this place and these people are likely to offer you the best knowledge/wisdom/advice. For years I was surrounded by people telling me that things must be my fault because I was the common denominator. Thanks for the guilt complex, but I'm aware that I personally did not create the sh!storms that I had to deal with.

May the rest of your journey be a little more gentle on you, from my heart to yours.

Hi Cooroibah, I think that the guilt you are feeling is anything but useless if you take the opportunity to use it. It is leading you to share here, which I hope will help you learn to accept any mistakes you have made and how to address them in the present. You already said that you did your best, and your motivation was to protect him, and that's the main thing to focus on if you feel guilty. Perfection is impossible.

It is hard to know without more details, but if you show your son how much you care about this it could help. Most children learn to have a healthier understanding of their parents as they grow into adulthood, face challenges themselves and generally develop the ability to put themselves in their parents' shoes. The only exceptions I can think of is where pathology and genuine abuse have been a feature, or when the child grows into an adult without the desire or capacity for this understanding.

Generally it should be expected for children to grow into somebody who is capable of accepting their own responsibility for their life circumstances. You can never be held responsible for another's addictions or violent behaviour. That is their responsibility, and if they want to change that behaviour then part of the process will be exploring any role their childhood might have played. That's another way you can help the situation, if the relationship allows conversations like that to happen. It's not about assigning blame, but understanding each other now as adults, accepting what cannot be changed and working on what can.

Yes, it is about his and your lessons and free will, too. So you have to respect what he wants, but you don't have to accept being held responsible for the life of an adult.

Oh my dear Cooroibah, it's a little early here for tears but they are sliding down my face. I am relieved that what I wrote can ease your pain...you just never know how your words will be interpreted, but the motive was purely love and understanding.

I agree that this place and these people are likely to offer you the best knowledge/wisdom/advice. For years I was surrounded by people telling me that things must be my fault because I was the common denominator. Thanks for the guilt complex, but I'm aware that I personally did not create the sh!storms that I had to deal with.

May the rest of your journey be a little more gentle on you, from my heart to yours.
Dear Jacygirl,
Yesss, the rest of this particular part of my journey is more gentle. Thanks to our sharing, the warmth I felt of your compassion, the tears I shed too, I can go on thinking about how this ' guilt program' is running me. Guilt could be my second name. My head is clearer and I can go on working on that particular issue in my life without the burden of my emotional reaction to it.
Thank you again Jacygirl ♥️

Hi Cooroibah, I think that the guilt you are feeling is anything but useless if you take the opportunity to use it. It is leading you to share here, which I hope will help you learn to accept any mistakes you have made and how to address them in the present. You already said that you did your best, and your motivation was to protect him, and that's the main thing to focus on if you feel guilty. Perfection is impossible.
Hello Ben,
Thank you for sharing.
Yes, that is what happened indeed. For the 1st time in months being on the forum, and after having read a lot of your interactions, I finally stepped in after considering how it could help me understand what was going on and how I could go on. And hopefully would be of interest to others too.
I initially though the feeling of guilt was useless and hurtful but thanks to it I dared expose it, write about it and for that I had to accept to feel it totally to the point of wanting to get rid of it.
I accept I made mistakes and that I was not a perfect mom ( that is difficult)
One of the mistake I still make is feeling guilty for choices my son makes today bearing a responsibility that is his entirely. That is not helping him. It is even maybe preventing him to take actions and decisions.

It is hard to know without more details, but if you show your son how much you care about this it could help. Most children learn to have a healthier understanding of their parents as they grow into adulthood, face challenges themselves and generally develop the ability to put themselves in their parents' shoes. The only exceptions I can think of is where pathology and genuine abuse have been a feature, or when the child grows into an adult without the desire or capacity for this understanding.
I have shown him regularly how much I care about what he is going through, offering to talk about it, how to care about it (alcohol and substances abuse and depression) But his answers were dismissive. He did not want to talk about it until very lately when he said his crappy childhood was responsible for him feeling the way he does.
His childhood was not perfect but no pathology or genuine abuse as far as I am aware.
And actually now I think it was a good thing that he could throw this at me yelling and shouting and showing me how much he was disappointed in me and angry.

Because I could see how the guilt was festering inside me for a long time, how I was afraid to be rejected by my own child, the passive-aggressive games it entailed, and my true and real responsibility in all of this.
Generally it should be expected for children to grow into somebody who is capable of accepting their own responsibility for their life circumstances. You can never be held responsible for another's addictions or violent behaviour. That is their responsibility, and if they want to change that behaviour then part of the process will be exploring any role their childhood might have played. That's another way you can help the situation, if the relationship allows conversations like that to happen. It's not about assigning blame, but understanding each other now as adults, accepting what cannot be changed and working on what can.
Unfortunately the relationship does not allow conversations about that particular matter so far. And yes I was expecting my child to accept his responsibility for his life circumstances and to see how his addictions are in the way of his wellbeing and sense of self-confidence and self-worth.

I really wished I could have helped him , I could have done something , I could have protected him, I....I....I
always I , like the all powerfull mother protector, see the image.
So there again, I am also responsible for this mother-power program in me. I cannot fix this, and it maybe does need fixing. It is not because I am his mother that I know what his best for him now.
It is not because I am his mother that he has to like me, that he has to trust me or even talk to me.
I wished I could have been a source of warmth, love, care, peace for him, but it seems I am not ( either ever or for the moment).
But nonetheless I am here for him, if he wants, or needs.
That is a difficult lesson ( coupled to guilt program) and it needs a good deal of thinking , self observation to detangle the all mess of it for me.

Yes, it is about his and your lessons and free will, too. So you have to respect what he wants, but you don't have to accept being held responsible for the life of an adult

Yes.
And to be clear and real about what are my lessons and my responsibilities.
Again thank you.
Having to write and explain makes my mind work and helps with the clearing.
It also helps with taking distance with the emotions.

Hello Ben,
Thank you for sharing.
Yes, that is what happened indeed. For the 1st time in months being on the forum, and after having read a lot of your interactions, I finally stepped in after considering how it could help me understand what was going on and how I could go on. And hopefully would be of interest to others too.
I initially though the feeling of guilt was useless and hurtful but thanks to it I dared expose it, write about it and for that I had to accept to feel it totally to the point of wanting to get rid of it.
I accept I made mistakes and that I was not a perfect mom ( that is difficult)
One of the mistake I still make is feeling guilty for choices my son makes today bearing a responsibility that is his entirely. That is not helping him. It is even maybe preventing him to take actions and decisions.

I have shown him regularly how much I care about what he is going through, offering to talk about it, how to care about it (alcohol and substances abuse and depression) But his answers were dismissive. He did not want to talk about it until very lately when he said his crappy childhood was responsible for him feeling the way he does.
His childhood was not perfect but no pathology or genuine abuse as far as I am aware.
And actually now I think it was a good thing that he could throw this at me yelling and shouting and showing me how much he was disappointed in me and angry.

Because I could see how the guilt was festering inside me for a long time, how I was afraid to be rejected by my own child, the passive-aggressive games it entailed, and my true and real responsibility in all of this.

Unfortunately the relationship does not allow conversations about that particular matter so far. And yes I was expecting my child to accept his responsibility for his life circumstances and to see how his addictions are in the way of his wellbeing and sense of self-confidence and self-worth.

I really wished I could have helped him , I could have done something , I could have protected him, I....I....I
always I , like the all powerfull mother protector, see the image.
So there again, I am also responsible for this mother-power program in me. I cannot fix this, and it maybe does need fixing. It is not because I am his mother that I know what his best for him now.
It is not because I am his mother that he has to like me, that he has to trust me or even talk to me.
I wished I could have been a source of warmth, love, care, peace for him, but it seems I am not ( either ever or for the moment).
But nonetheless I am here for him, if he wants, or needs.
That is a difficult lesson ( coupled to guilt program) and it needs a good deal of thinking , self observation to detangle the all mess of it for me.

Yes.
And to be clear and real about what are my lessons and my responsibilities.
Again thank you.
Having to write and explain makes my mind work and helps with the clearing.
It also helps with taking distance with the emotions.
Hi, I'm barely awake yet but needed to comment on this before I forget, lol. You wrote:

"...how I was afraid to be rejected by my own child,"

"And actually now I think it was a good thing that he could throw this at me yelling and shouting and showing me how much he was disappointed in me and angry."

My perspective: I was always terrified of being rejected by my kids (3 adults now). I get it, I really do.
However, when your kid yells, shouts and shows you their pain and blames you for it, consider this...on some level that child knows/trusts that you will never reject them. If he/she feels safe enough to be able to treat you like that (venting perhaps), they know they can do it safely because you will never stop loving them...never abandon them...and will always be there for them.

My kids' father left us (they were young) for an affair at work. We had been together 16 years, married 12. I never turned my kids against their dad or the affair/eventually wife/stepmom to my kids. In time (with research to prove my personal theory) I noticed that the visits with dad/stepmom appeared to have an affect on my kids that wasn't clear to anyone. They didn't 'hero worship' him but they never rocked the boat. They already lost him physically from their lives once, and he wasn't seeing them much due to his new life. The kids knew 'on some level' that they couldn't take the chance of challenging/angering him, because they could lose him completely...dad was capable of abandoning them. Mom would never do that.

I hope that made sense, I'm only 2 coffees in so far.

Hi, I'm barely awake yet but needed to comment on this before I forget, lol. You wrote:

"...how I was afraid to be rejected by my own child,"

"And actually now I think it was a good thing that he could throw this at me yelling and shouting and showing me how much he was disappointed in me and angry."

My perspective: I was always terrified of being rejected by my kids (3 adults now). I get it, I really do.
However, when your kid yells, shouts and shows you their pain and blames you for it, consider this...on some level that child knows/trusts that you will never reject them. If he/she feels safe enough to be able to treat you like that (venting perhaps), they know they can do it safely because you will never stop loving them...never abandon them...and will always be there for them.

My kids' father left us (they were young) for an affair at work. We had been together 16 years, married 12. I never turned my kids against their dad or the affair/eventually wife/stepmom to my kids. In time (with research to prove my personal theory) I noticed that the visits with dad/stepmom appeared to have an affect on my kids that wasn't clear to anyone. They didn't 'hero worship' him but they never rocked the boat. They already lost him physically from their lives once, and he wasn't seeing them much due to his new life. The kids knew 'on some level' that they couldn't take the chance of challenging/angering him, because they could lose him completely...dad was capable of abandoning them. Mom would never do that.

I hope that made sense, I'm only 2 coffees in so far.

Hello, good morning!

Hooo yes it does make sense!
I/we went through something similar and I know how much my son suffered from it all.
And still does. His father had 2 other girls who are still very young today. My son would never risk to anger, or annoy his father.

So, yes, all you write makes sense and helps.
Although I still have to work on the 'I blame the father' part cause I do that internally. Even if I never turned my kid against his dad.
But I do have to work on that too. (getting there).
Thank you Jacygirl for your presence and words.

Also I wanted to add:
First I did not see how sharing here on a forum, writing, could be of any help and I was reluctant to do it and share personal issues.
After reading many times that connecting this way, networking, was something to do and of importance I actually did try but still without really getting it.
Many emotional reactions were in my way ( guilt, shame, fear of being judged, ridiculous and many others, incomprehension, bla-bla-bla....)
After doing it I can testify that something does happen. It is like accepting that this kind of sharing, even in writing, has created a space in my brain were long term issues, programs and weaknesses of mine have started to move and present themselves in another way.
Hence the possibility to consider, think and reflect in a brand new way for me.
And it goes beyond the actual written sharing, although all that was answered to my post by members was preciously insightful and helpul in many ways.I cannot explain clearly what is happening but I know something is. Like being supported by the energy, the emulation, the creativity of a group? Even though interacting in writing with a few of them, still feeling that the energy comes also from the totally of the group?
Creating and giving energy to transform something in me.
I cannot pretend I have resolved anything yet, a movement has been created deep in my waters, a spark has ignited something in my brain of a different kind. And I can feel I am happy to do 'the work'
Not sure I am being very clear, but if this could be of some interest to someone who wonders like I did, there is my testimony.
Thank you to all of you.

Hello, good morning!

Hooo yes it does make sense!
I/we went through something similar and I know how much my son suffered from it all.
And still does. His father had 2 other girls who are still very young today. My son would never risk to anger, or annoy his father.

So, yes, all you write makes sense and helps.
Although I still have to work on the 'I blame the father' part cause I do that internally. Even if I never turned my kid against his dad.
But I do have to work on that too. (getting there).
Thank you Jacygirl for your presence and words.

Also I wanted to add:
First I did not see how sharing here on a forum, writing, could be of any help and I was reluctant to do it and share personal issues.
After reading many times that connecting this way, networking, was something to do and of importance I actually did try but still without really getting it.
Many emotional reactions were in my way ( guilt, shame, fear of being judged, ridiculous and many others, incomprehension, bla-bla-bla....)
After doing it I can testify that something does happen. It is like accepting that this kind of sharing, even in writing, has created a space in my brain were long term issues, programs and weaknesses of mine have started to move and present themselves in another way.
Hence the possibility to consider, think and reflect in a brand new way for me.
And it goes beyond the actual written sharing, although all that was answered to my post by members was preciously insightful and helpul in many ways.I cannot explain clearly what is happening but I know something is. Like being supported by the energy, the emulation, the creativity of a group? Even though interacting in writing with a few of them, still feeling that the energy comes also from the totally of the group?
Creating and giving energy to transform something in me.
I cannot pretend I have resolved anything yet, a movement has been created deep in my waters, a spark has ignited something in my brain of a different kind. And I can feel I am happy to do 'the work'
Not sure I am being very clear, but if this could be of some interest to someone who wonders like I did, there is my testimony.
Thank you to all of you.
Good morning hunny!!
I am so glad that you are feeling the benefits of sharing here, and also the heartfelt responses from people who don't know you 'in real life' but maybe know you better than anyone in your 'real life'. It's one thing to put oneself in the other's shoes...quite another thing if you've actually been in those shoes.
I just wanted to share my own struggle regarding this line that you wrote: "Although I still have to work on the 'I blame the father' part cause I do that internally."

My kid's father is apparently not a happy camper with his chosen life/wife. 6 years ago he told our kids horrific lies about me (most I don't know but the ones I do know had to have come from him). My 3 kids, who I had a good/strong relationship with (they all live out of town) now hate me, blame me, cut me out of their lives, and believe their father. Umm...anyone remember my character throughout your lives and how it's always been consistent? To be honest, I spent the last 6 years wanting to die, losing the will to live, because I knew I could withstand any pain in life but not this.

What's changed now? For me, I no longer want/need to tell them all the lies, the cheating, the cruelty that their father inflicted on us that they don't know about because I didn't want to traumatize them at any age. I no longer want to do that, they have free will to decide what the choose to believe, and if I do it, I'm no better than him, causing them pain. I will keep being the genuine me, keep the heart fire burning for them, and if they choose to contact me ever now...they will find a very different mom. Same but not, a better version of an already decent me who will know at the time, what to say and what not to.

I actually went through a process of assigning songs to people who hurt me...listening, sobbing, understanding how it was never my job to change/control them, and I couldn't love them better. So I don't feel responsible for the shady things they did. I forgave everyone and thanked them for the lessons. A few days later, I realized that I honestly do not and can not forgive him for using my kids as weapons against me to hurt me. I know it's hurting them and that is what I can't forgive. I also can't forgive his affair/wife, but she probably was told by him that I'm a crazy awful person, so while I don't totally blame her...I also refuse to prove that I am indeed crazy or awful.

So while you feel that this thread, this forum, me, and the other members have had a hand in helping/healing you...you and the others are also helping/healing me (because I never thought I would talk about this online either).
Love to you! Love to all y'all!!!

Today I realized how much the guilt I felt and still feel about being a bad mother hurt my child. I'm overwhelmed by guilt , regrets and sadness.
Guilt is dark and sticky, it suffocates me.
I've been waking up every night at 2 or 3 am for a week. I feel lost, confused and exhausted.
Lately I was doing ok even though my circumstances are difficult, but today I crashed.
Thank you for feeling safe enough to be heard, Cooroibah.
The lessons we have experienced are definitely not all easy.
You are in a good place to share 🌺

Attachments

• hang in there.jpg
    hang in there.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom